Photo
- - - - -

Mod Compilation (with JSGME organization!)

• Please log in to reply
432 replies to this topic

#81 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 22 November 2011 - 22:28

Time to start requesting mod tools?

#82 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:43

Two years ago there was talk of releasing a SDK. That would be nice to have, yes.

#83 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:11

I don't see why not, they could let the community take part in the development while they work on flight models, new aircraft and technical stuff. Would make getting all the little ambiance stuff that people want much more practical.

#84 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:59

I notice there was some changements in the Nieuport 17 file for AI. What are the changements, please?

EDIT: don't bother to answer, I haven't read carefully the first page :)

#85 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 23 November 2011 - 14:28

Enfin, ils savent lutter!…Finally, they know how to fight!

#86 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 23 November 2011 - 21:04

Gav, i don't use Jsgme, so i just have to pick up your new N17 file to overwrite my old one, right?

What did you change in this new N17 file?

I don't see any caeroplane_RE8 in Criquet AI folder…?

#87 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 24 November 2011 - 00:00

Damn Fifi, get with the program! :D Use the jsgme folder I provided and don't look back.

The RE8 adjustment is part of the AI gunner mod, not the folder that contains criquet's work. For the N17 I borrowed some values from the Sopwith Pup, and the N17s seem to do well with it.

I don't touch the scout AI much because I've never been successful at adjusting them in the past.

#88 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:06

Ok, thanks.
I know i have to install this Jsgme…i already used it, back with IL2, but i'm afraid to mess something in ROF! :lol: …stupid.

EDIT: ok, i've deleted previous folders, and installed Jsgme :mrgreen:
Lot easier…Thanks for that Gav!

Only thing i have to remember is the later mod selected overwrite previous one if they are sharing same folder. Even if previous is greyed, he is working though (but with later mod folder).

#89 Pierre2

Pierre2
  • LocationAdelaide

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:18

Help please.

I have been flying with the Ai Mod and the rear gunners mod since they first came out - no problems.

I just installed the JSGME mod compilation, and now with

no gunners mods or,

just AI gunners mod, or

the just other gunners mod

only one gun on 2 gun planes will fire, the second one will charge but not fire.

Can anyone point me to a fix please?

Edit: Well I redid the weapons control for "fire both guns" and all appears OK again - weird?

#90 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 30 November 2011 - 21:10

None of these mods would affect that. Some of your controls were reset when you installed 1.022.

#91 Pierre2

Pierre2
  • LocationAdelaide

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:23

You are correct Gavagai.

It dawned on me under the shower last night. The only a/c I have flown since 1.02 are (2 careers with) the RE8 and N17, both of which have single fwd firing guns and then I remembered that 1.02 had buggered up some other settings also.

#92 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:57

Ok, I can't get the single gun to work with the F2b without obscuring the cockpit instruments with the RE8's instruments (at some viewing angles). How many people really want the single gun for playing against the F2b? If there's interest I'll post the file, for now I'm not too impressed with the result, as I would like it to be something that looks normal from the F2b pilot's perspective.

#93 AlHo

AlHo

Posted 06 December 2011 - 16:24

Thanks very much for this compilation gavagai, works a treat with JSGME. Now I get killed every time!

#94 JimmyBlonde

JimmyBlonde

Posted 06 December 2011 - 21:54

To be honest I'm not particularly worried if the Brisfit has 1 gun or 2 in the back. I can see that it's worth the effort to try but, so long as it isn't going to headshot me from 800m, I don't really care.

Thanks for giving it a shot though Gavagai, I know how annoying it must be to have to deal with those limitations.

#95 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:21

Dammit I'm still getting completely blasted by damn two seater gunners. I finally found two DFW's in my PWCG se5 career and I had to refly probably a dozen times until I managed to one shot one of the DFW's and then still ended up getting an engine shot from the other. Seems like no matter what I do I just can't beat these things. Does anyone have luck with flying underneath the tail? How does one go about getting shots in like that, I always end up pulling up, making a shot and then getting shot in the engine anyways because I was up a split second too long.

I really don't see what Tom's talking about with the gunner just shooting into empty space, I still get shot to hell for just looking at it the wrong way.

#96 Pierre2

Pierre2
  • LocationAdelaide

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:03

Get as close as you can underneath in his blind spot and pop up just enough to get off A FEW rounds before you get to where he can fire at you and just keep repeating this manouvre. It can take a bloody long time to get him smoking though and patience is required.

You need to be that close that unless you lower the nose after letting off A FEW rounds you will collide with him.

This manouvre is not possible unless you have the gunners mod installed.

#97 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:06

Red, you should stay underneath, and raise your nose to burst the 2 seater belly…
Its engine is very weak this way.

Guynemer used to dive behind them and raise right after, to riddle the Hun's belly :)

#98 JimmyBlonde

JimmyBlonde

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:30

Waiting for 10.3 to be (re)posted…

:D

#99 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 07 December 2011 - 17:20

Alright, I'll give that a try, I was trying your previous method Fifi, go in fast on a dive, burst, and pull out and away from them but they still get me. I'll keep trying the tail method.

And me too Jimmy, haven't flown the Tate yet cause I'm waiting on 10.3!

#100 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 07 December 2011 - 17:28

I really don't see what Tom's talking about with the gunner just shooting into empty space, I still get shot to hell for just looking at it the wrong way.

Have you flown a Biff with the Avimimus mod?

Huns on your 6 and your gunner keeps shooting to your high 3. He can't traverse to aim at the target. I've tried this several times and always the same.

Flying scouts, I was initially impressed with Av's two-seater mod. It made killing two-seaters much easier.

But then one day I spotted two Gothas down low. They kept firing at me but I took no hits. I killed them both.

That's when I realized the AI gunners are too nerfed with this Mod. They can't track the target.

I don't know whether it's been updated.

#101 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 07 December 2011 - 17:44

Avimimus' mod is not included in the modpack. If he wanted it to be there it would be, but I gather that it is still a WIP. Any AI gunner mod that you use from the JSGME mod-pack is the one created by Ricky133 and myself. It reduces the range at which the gunners open up to a reasonable distance, and it places sector limits on the gunners that prevent them from firing downward through the fuselage.

If you are using the AI gunner mod and still getting creamed, then practice, practice, practice. Taking out two-seaters should be challenging, not a cake walk, and not a certain death sentence.

#102 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 07 December 2011 - 17:45

I just tried shooting from under the tail and it worked out much better this time.

I don't know Tom, whenever I'm above I still get shot up pretty good, I haven't flown the bristol at all so I haven't experienced what you mention. They do shoot past me or below me more often but it's always near me, the beneficial part is that there's no more super accurate shots from very long ranges regardless of angle but they'll still get you if you fly straight towards them in my experience so far.

At any rate, an acceptable fix until 777 gets around to improving the AI.

#103 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 07 December 2011 - 17:47

At any rate, an acceptable fix until 777 gets around to improving the AI.

777 could put sector limits on the AI gunners tomorrow if they wanted to, and they know the AI gunner mod is available for their use.

#104 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 07 December 2011 - 17:52

Well, I don't use JSGME. I just put stuff into the Luascripts folder. I'm not keen on using a whole package of Mods someone else has bundled (not a knock on Gav – I just like to do my own mixing and matching of Mods) .

So we may well be talking about two things.

I know for sure, my complaints about Avimimus rear gunner mod were indeed his mod. I think I downloaded them directly when he first ut them up.

If what Gav has in his JSGME package is different, I'll toss them in and give them a try (assuming the Biff's engine doesn't blow up). Even if it limits the range at which they start firing it will save some ammo :mrgreen:

#105 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 07 December 2011 - 18:05

The whole beauty of JSGME is that you can use what you want, and leave out the stuff you don't want. It's never been my intention to ram a bunch of crap down everyone's throat, you know. ;) I don't use all the stuff included in the package.

Woops! I did include avimimus' mod by accident! :oops: At least everyone still has the choice and can use what he prefers.

#106 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 07 December 2011 - 18:25

OK. I tried Gav's AI gunner mod and, yes, he does aim at the bad guys!

Thanks, RP and Gav for helping me sort that out!

The only good (IMO) part about Av's Mod is the AA guns, particularly in the convoys. The default is just absurd in its accuracy and ability to fire quickly. I do use that part of his mod.

(The gunner sounds great with the new sound mod, too!)

:S!:

HT

#107 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 07 December 2011 - 18:48

Glad you're happy with it.

I just went hunting for a group of five DFW's in my Se5 career but this time the moment I engaged them, they all started behaving like scouts with the default AI, they would spiral down to try and get away from me, all this ended up doing is making them spin out of control every time while making them damn near impossible to hit haha. A bit funny the SE5 can't even out turn a DFW. It's weird because the same DFW's but in a small group of two behaved perfectly normal, turned for their lines and tried to escape that way.

Anyone else seen this happen?

#108 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 07 December 2011 - 18:58

I've seen it and from everything I've read, it appears to be correct: The C.V was very maneuverable and a formidable dog fighter.

http://www.militaryf...aircraft_id=606" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.militaryf...ry.com/aircraft … aft_id=606

You shouldn't be comparing the SE5a's turning ability to anything.

The trick is to NEVER turn it :mrgreen:

#109 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 07 December 2011 - 19:07

For 2 seaters, the AI gunner mod is the best one imo.
They are still dangerous, but their firing seems accurate (distance and don't fire through plane parts)

One thing though: with the RE8 for example, it's way to easy to kill them!
I just sit underneath, and my gunner does the job in few seconds…every time.
Ennemy 2 seater should be aware and avoid that, by manoeuvring an escape to the ground imo.

#110 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 07 December 2011 - 19:08

For 2 seaters, the AI gunner mod is the best one imo.
They are still dangerous, but their firing seems accurate (distance and don't fire through plane parts)

One thing though: with the RE8 for example, it's way to easy to kill them!
I just sit underneath, and my gunner does the job in few seconds…
Ennemy 2 seater should be aware and avoid that, by manoeuvring an escape to the ground imo.

The Biff does the same thing. Slip underneath a C.V and your gunner will shred the C.V very quickly.

#111 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 07 December 2011 - 19:09

You shouldn't be comparing the SE5a's turning ability to anything.

The trick is to NEVER turn it :mrgreen:

lol, I almost forget the golden rule every time HT.

#112 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 07 December 2011 - 21:27

Of course, you both realize that there's nothing I can do about the enemy two seaters not reacting to your observer's attacks. Their behavior assumes a fixed-gun scout is attacking.

#113 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 07 December 2011 - 21:44

Of course, you both realize that there's nothing I can do about the enemy two seaters not reacting to your observer's attacks.

Yes Gav, that's not your fault :)

Best easy way to solve it, would be that the ennemy 2 seater should have offensive behavior instead of defensive when attacked by other 2 seater…
This way, he woundn't keep on flying straight level.

#114 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 07 December 2011 - 21:58

I've now seen in two missions, DFW's act like scouts.

#115 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 07 December 2011 - 22:02

I've now seen in two missions, DFW's act like scouts.

I wish they could act like that more often :mrgreen:

#116 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 07 December 2011 - 22:04

yes, they have been turning and engaging with me just like a fighter too!
Not all the time though.. I had read on another thread that they did that if they were set to an offensive mode rather than set on defensive mode?

#117 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 07 December 2011 - 22:09

I had read on another thread that they did that if they were set to an offensive mode rather than set on defensive mode?

That's it ;)

#118 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 07 December 2011 - 22:15

If the observer would still fire during maneuvers the two seaters would be unstoppable, just like they are when a human is in the observer's seat.

#119 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 07 December 2011 - 22:41

If the observer would still fire during maneuvers the two seaters would be unstoppable, just like they are when a human is in the observer's seat.

Well then we'd best not bother changing that huh :P

It's cool fighting DFW's when they actually maneuver though, especially since it prevents my friendly AI from trailing behind and taking a couple hundred rounds in the engine.

Which brings up a curious thing, why does the improved mods on AI boom and zoom enemy scouts but they still just go single file into the rear of a two seater until they all go down in flames?

#120 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 07 December 2011 - 23:20

Which brings up a curious thing, why does the improved mods on AI boom and zoom enemy scouts but they still just go single file into the rear of a two seater until they all go down in flames?

I've seen many time my Spad VII AI mates boom and zooming DFWs very nicely…but not each time though. Don't know why.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users