Photo
- - - - -

Mod Compilation (with JSGME organization!)

• Please log in to reply
432 replies to this topic

#41 JohnnyDNGRSLY

JohnnyDNGRSLY

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:18

That can easily be done. Should I include a "no tracers" option, too?
I’ll offer a vote of “yes”, too. Either that or describe what changes to make to the existing ballistics files. Thanks, though, either way!

#42 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:21

Done. You can download it from the first page.

#43 JimmyBlonde

JimmyBlonde

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:21

Brilliant, thank you!

#44 JohnnyDNGRSLY

JohnnyDNGRSLY

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:49

Done. You can download it from the first page.
Downloaded and tested. Perfect. Exactly the effect I wanted; now I must look for the muzzle flashes from enemy planes and gunners, not the "laser" tracers.

Thanks so much!

#45 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:51

Gav, to give it a try, is there a way to grab just the "no tracer" file?
Cause i'm not using Jsgme (yet), and i would like to add it in the luascript folder :?

#46 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 03 October 2011 - 20:18

Here you go fifi:

Look mom, no tracers!

#47 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 03 October 2011 - 20:24

Cool! Thanks Gav :S!:

#48 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 03 October 2011 - 20:46

Btw, if any of you would like to go further and reduce the size of tracers, go to…

…\Rise of Flight\JSGMEMODS\Reduced tracer frequency\data\luascripts\worldobjects\ballistics

Change the lines that say "visual radius = 4" to "visual radius = 1"

It's a nice effect, but I'm not going to post another update for it. It would create too many different categories in the switcher and would make what was supposed to be a simplification into something that might intimidate neophytes.

#49 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 03 October 2011 - 21:28

I'm gonna try it, cause i don't really like no tracer at all :oops:

The visual change is to be done in all bullet text folder i guess?

#50 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 03 October 2011 - 22:06

Gav, you're a genius!!
Visual radius = 1 is just PERFECT to me :S!:

No more lasers, but still can see few tracers!! A lot more visual realistic imo.
Many thanks, i keep it like that.

#51 JohnnyDNGRSLY

JohnnyDNGRSLY

Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:48

Thanks, I’ll try the “visual radius” line. Which line affects the number of tracers?

#52 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:15

Technically, none of them do. Tracer frequency is in a file that we're not allowed to edit, along with the holy grail, dispersion. Otherwise I would have gone 1:4 instead of 1:5. I deleted the image attached to one of the files to get the 1:5 ratio:

VisualImage=0,"graphics/ammo/ammo.mgm",0

#53 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 04 October 2011 - 22:26

I really like the mod for 2 seaters :P (i think it's Avimius one :? )

They are still deadly, but don't shot from kilometers away. We can approach them from low six, but when they are banking, they shot at you with nice angles imo (without shooting through own plane)
Their accuracy must be linked to their rank/skill level, cause i downed an Oberleutnant quite hard to follow, and his gunner was not that bad! He hitted my fuel tank even beeing very carefull.
Last fight vs 2 DFW ended with my mate in flames, and me wounded…after 2 minutes!

That said, some others (with low rank/skill level?) are easier to bring down. I like this way the mod is done.
And at least, we can use 2 ways for shooting them, depending which plane we are on. Above and dive with fast BZ planes, behind below with slower planes not good divers…and change tactics if gunner is too good!

#54 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 05 October 2011 - 00:22

I really like the mod for 2 seaters :P (i think it's Avimius one :? )

They are still deadly, but don't shot from kilometers away. We can approach them from low six, but when they are banking, they shot at you with nice angles imo (without shooting through own plane)
Their accuracy must be linked to their rank/skill level, cause i downed an Oberleutnant quite hard to follow, and his gunner was not that bad! He hitted my fuel tank even beeing very carefull.
Last fight vs 2 DFW ended with my mate in flames, and me wounded…after 2 minutes!

Must be Gav's mod.

If it were Avimimus' mod, you and your wingies would be unscratched :mrgreen:

#55 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 05 October 2011 - 00:24

(without shooting through own plane)

:?

#56 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 05 October 2011 - 00:26

Gav's mod gunner does not shoot through his own plane. That's why I use it.

#57 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 05 October 2011 - 00:29

Ah, ok then.
Though, i recall reading one of your post, saying gunners Gav's mod were shooting through…but i may be wrong :mrgreen:

EDIT: yes i was wrong, sorry.

I just checked what files i have in luascript, and you're right about Gav's mod :)
But i was missing Avimimus flak mod! So i picked up the right files for it, and added them.
Pfff…i think i'm ok now :lol:

#58 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:44

Gav's mod is the one that's in this thread, right?

#59 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:03

Gav's mod is the one that's in this thread, right?

Yes!

#60 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 07 October 2011 - 17:03

Something very strange happened using your mod pack. The gunner was dead but the gun kept aiming, firing and moving!

#61 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 07 October 2011 - 18:59

Oh dear! I don't know if that can be attributed to any of the included mods, reflected.

#62 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 07 October 2011 - 20:26

Wow! I never saw that yet :o

#63 JimmyBlonde

JimmyBlonde

Posted 07 October 2011 - 22:39

That's just not Criquet!

(Hey, it's early here. I'm allowed one lame pun a day right?)

#64 GeezerGamer

GeezerGamer

Posted 15 October 2011 - 18:31

came up with a graphic for your AI mod for our squads website, figured I might as well share it

#65 242Sqn_Wolf

242Sqn_Wolf

Posted 15 October 2011 - 18:36

came up with a graphic for your AI mod for our squads website, figured I might as well share it

Couldn't you show a little more. :D

#66 GeezerGamer

GeezerGamer

Posted 15 October 2011 - 19:04

Wolf…that would be a different kind of mod..

#67 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 16 October 2011 - 13:35

Send it to Criquet. He's the one who modded the AI scouts!

#68 Rivet

Rivet

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:27

First, I'd like to thank all involved in creating these mods and presenting them as a package for the JSGME. Great job everyone. :S!:

I'll admit I was slow in coming to use these or any mods mainly because of the increased load times which were painful and I'm generally a patient sort of guy. However, since I recently built myself a new rig, the "mods on" load times have been significantly reduced to under a minute (sometimes around 35 seconds) :).

This tempted me to download this latest pack and I'm impressed. It has transformed the offline game for me. However I have some questions.

It mainly concerns the `Reduced tracer frequency` mod and the `AI gunner mod`. I've used screenshots to better illustrate my point.

This is a shot of the mod enabler before the tracer frequency mod is activated. Notice the AI gunner mod is in black type.

This screenshot shows the warning when trying to enable the tracer mod. Selecting `YES` results in the following screen:

Notice the `AI gunner mod` is now greyed out. So my questions are these:

1. Does the Tracer mod override/disable the AI gunner mod even though the JSGME indicates it as activated?

2. Does the AI gunner mod include the Tracer mod or is it a separate entity? I'm assuming it is a separate mod or it would likely not be included in the pack. If so, how does it affect the AI gunner mod, if at all?

As a new user of these mods I'd just like to clarify these points. Again, excellent work guys :D

Thanks in advance :S!:

#69 JimmyBlonde

JimmyBlonde

Posted 21 October 2011 - 13:41

It means that both mods alter a common file(s). Make sure that the one you want is loaded last in the order since all mods adhere to the "Rule of One".

Basically that means that, of any mods that attempt to change the same file, only one mod can be effective. In your case the AI gunner mods changes a file which is also altered by the reduced tracer frequency mod so loading the reduced tracer mod last will give you the AI gunner mods with reduced tracers in game. It also means that you will have to de-activate the reduced tracer mod before you can de-activate the AI gunner mod.

#70 jeanba4

jeanba4

Posted 21 October 2011 - 14:08

I have tried the Mod big improvement on standard game but tell me this when I start the game up and click on Game Settings and check the box Modifications then get into the main screen select a flight the game takes a lifetime to start to the point I think its froze, has anyone else had these symptoms?
You mean, when you start the mission ?
It is a known problem : the game read and recompile the mission.msn instead of reading the compiled (.bin) file

Thank you for this gavagai, Jsgme organization is much more comfortable

#71 Rivet

Rivet

Posted 21 October 2011 - 14:43

Excellent! So as I have it now both mods are enabled. Thanks Jimmy, that explains it all perfectly. I'm now off to enjoy it some more :D :S!:

#72 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 21 October 2011 - 15:38

Actually, reduced tracers and the AI gunner mod do not mod the same files, but they have some folders in common, and that's what causes that message to pop up.

The only mods that truly overlap are "reduced tracers" and "no tracers."

Glad you guys are enjoying it!

#73 Rivet

Rivet

Posted 21 October 2011 - 20:26

Thanks Gav :)

#74 DidNotFinish

DidNotFinish

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:06

Okay, so I tried out the no tracers and reduced tracers mods but found that I was not shooting as accurately as normal so I disabled both mods, but now even with the mods disabled I have no tracers… Should I just try Recovery?

#75 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:19

That's strange. Just delete the "ballistics" folder in luascripts\worldobjects

——-

I just tried adding and deleting the "no-tracers" mod, and tracers came back as normal with mods-on.

Fwiw, the whole idea is to make your gunnery less accurate. ;)

#76 DidNotFinish

DidNotFinish

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:29

That's strange. Just delete the "ballistics" folder in luascripts\worldobjects

——-

I just tried adding and deleting the "no-tracers" mod, and tracers came back as normal with mods-on.

Fwiw, the whole idea is to make your gunnery less accurate. ;)

Ha! Deleting the ballistics folder did the trick. ;) And…my gunnery is plenty inaccurate already! I fought in a Dolphin against a Alb. DVa for a good 20 minutes just me and him and almost ran out of ammo thanks to the lack of tracers! :P Also, this is the first time I've actually used the AI mod, and wow! My fights no longer end up in the trees! :lol: But my plane always seems to…

#77 charlo

charlo

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:41

I've been meaning to ask this for awhile…

I'm one of those folk who played around with installing the various AI mods over the past year, and I'd like to use the JSGME to manage them.

Trouble is, I can't remember what my luascripts folder is supposed to look like stock, without any mods in it at all.

Anyone care to describe what should be in there as stock, so I can manually return it to stock and then apply Gav's brilliant JSGME collection?

Thanks in advance,

Charlo
Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake OC @ 4.8 GHz | Corsair Hydro H70 CWCH70 CPU Cooler with two Noctua NF-F12 PWM 120mm fans | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO motherboard | EVGA Titan X Hybrid GPU | G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 Series 32GB DDR4 3000 F4-3000C15Q-32GRK RAM | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD | CoolerMaster HAF 932 ATX Full Tower case |SeaSonic Snow Silent 750W Power Supply | Acer B6 Series B286HK ymjdpprz 28" 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) Monitor | Windows 10 Pro | CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Throttle Quadrant, CH Pro pedals, CH MFP, Track IR 5, Buttkicker Gamer 2 | ====== My original ROF rig (now used by visiting gunners): MacBook Pro Core2Duo 2.66 GHz | 8 GBs RAM | NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB GPU

#78 JimmyBlonde

JimmyBlonde

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:08

It should only contain your snapviews data afaik.

#79 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:24

It should only contain your snapviews data afaik.

Think so too ;)

#80 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 22 November 2011 - 16:29

Updated for the RE8 and N17. New zip file is in the first post.

I've been trying my best to get the single lewis gun to work with the F2B:

But there is a problem with the RE8 turret file interfering with the F2B's cockpit. When you are the F2B pilot, you see the RE8's instrument panel at some angles. We've reached the limit of what can be modded by the user in RoF, and I'm not convinced there's a way around this, at least not without a separate 3d model that can be attached.

If I can't find a way around it soon, I'll post those F2B turret files anyway so that you can fly against single Lewis gun F2Bs, if that floats your boat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users