Photo
- - - - -

Mod Compilation (with JSGME organization!)

• Please log in to reply
432 replies to this topic

#401 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 15 September 2013 - 13:23

Oh, good catch J.j. with the AI pilot's awareness. Now I remember why I included that with the 1916 mod.

What I noticed is that the AI is sometimes incompetent at pursuing an enemy because it is always trying to climb. The new forestalling angle is my attempt to prevent that. I've been observing but I'm not sure how big a difference it makes.

For now you can just use Criquet's AI Pilots and leave out the pilot awareness mod. I will post a fix today.

I also remembered that I gave the AI pilots in the 1916 mod instructions to dive a bit faster when engaging an enemy, from 10m/s to 25m/s. It seems much better and so I would like to include that for the rest of the AI pilots.

—————

Made a few fixes and changes. New modpack posted September 15th.

#402 thedudeWG

thedudeWG

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:23

***Note: For anyone using Avimimus's Flak mod, and is interested in reducing the amount of tree-top flak in RoF, you should change the highlighted number (shown below) to 15.0 (degrees). in all four AAA files (last image).

Believe me, it helps!

Attached File  Desktop_2013_09_15_21_56_26_313.jpg   120.61KB   351 downloads

Attached File  Desktop_2013_09_15_22_13_46_999.jpg   51.93KB   351 downloads

#403 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:24

Is that a change avimimus has made himself? I can't keep track of all this stuff.

#404 thedudeWG

thedudeWG

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:27

Yes, he modded it to 10.0, but I found it was still a bit too low. Lately, I 've been using 15.0, and it seems to be doing the trick.

Edit: If you replace his mod with the latest (or edit yours with 10.0 or 15.0) I'll just clear out my post to avoid confusion.

#405 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:13

Ok, I'll see about that fix tomorrow. Thanks for the notice!

#406 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 21 September 2013 - 20:07

Sorry for the delay Dude, and thank you for your helpful suggestion. The flak mod is now adjusted so that the minimum fire angle is 15 degrees elevation.

So, for everyone else, you can change it manually as Dude suggests, or just download the updated pack on the first page.

#407 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 21 September 2013 - 20:13

OK - now I'm confused again :(

I just saw that Avimimus has updated his set of mods for 1.031 (http://riseofflight....p?f=278&t=31070" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=278&t=31070 ).

I've lost track of whose mods include what portions of whose mods. Is there a short answer at this point of how these two sets of mods (gavagai's and Avimimus') differ from each other in what they are trying to accomplish, and to what extent they duplicate/overwrite and/or substitute for each other?

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#408 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 21 September 2013 - 20:15

Yes, you are right, it is a giant mess.

#409 Avimimus

Avimimus

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:38

Yes - we should make a table or something… :)

It is fairly simple really - we should both produce short (three sentence) summarise of the mods for comparison.

#410 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:43

Maybe we could condense everything into one download, with some kind of symbols for the mods indicating which should not be installed over others. Whatever happened to the mods webpage?

#411 Avimimus

Avimimus

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:11

Sounds good to me.

#412 Pierre2

Pierre2
  • LocationAdelaide

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:09

Great idea as I have totally lost the bubble as to what AI and gunner mods are current and what conflicts with what.

#413 thedudeWG

thedudeWG

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:18

Avimimus,
I would highly recommend increasing the min. firing angles for AAA in your flak mod to 15. I've used both 10 deg. and 15 deg. numerous times, and 15 eliminates a lot more tree-top flak. I still see some low shots from time to time, but it works a lot better. Also, I don't recommend including the "explosions" folder with that mod. As I mentioned a while back, AAA is insanely lethal every time I used it. One day I'll try out different numbers within that folder to see if I can get it to work. I just could never figure out what made it so lethal.

#414 Avimimus

Avimimus

Posted 22 September 2013 - 22:21

Yes, it hasn't included the explosion folder since 1.026 I think… everyone should delete that folder… :) I'll definitely throw together an alternate Flak mod with your suggestion. The downside of a fifteen degree firing angle is that the AI doesn't fire on aircraft that are a long way away and takes longer to react.

Okay, Gavagai, here are some comparison:

1. Avimimus Gunner Positions mod & Gavagai gunner firing angles mod
-> These are incompatible. We have two options: To combine them or to make them fully incompatible.

2. J.j. Bristol Fighter correction mod
-> Separate into another mod as it has to be updated with each new patch

3. Avimimus Gunner AI mod & Gavagai Gunners that Fight AI mod
-> We need to make fully incompatible with my Gunner AI mod to aid installing/uninstalling. To do this Gavagai needs to include botgunner*.txt files for every aircraft.

4. My flak mod has no conflicts.

#415 Avimimus

Avimimus

Posted 22 September 2013 - 22:27

I'm willing to retool the 'Gunners that Fight' mod in order to make sure that it completely replaces my mod. Gavagai - let me know if you'd like me to do this. Alternatively, I can provide you with the file list.

The gunner position files reference a 'botgunner' file. I use the 'botgunner_[aircraft name].txt' files to reference different 'turretcontroler_ai.txt' files. In this way, I'm able to split up the turret controller files and use custom values for each turret type.

As a result, installing Gavagai's mod without uninstalling my mod first will only change the AI behaviour for some gunners, but will leave my settings in place for the Parabellum, Becker and Handley Page. The solution is to include the default botgunner files in Gavagai's mod. They aren't necessary for his mod to work, but overwriting my modified ones will prevent the split turretcontroller_ai settings from being activated.

#416 Avimimus

Avimimus

Posted 22 September 2013 - 22:29

Also regarding 1. "Avimimus Gunner Positions mod & Gavagai gunner firing angles mod"

The gunner positions mod slows the rotation speeds of the turrets, adjust ammunition loads for some aircraft, and adjusts firing angles for the Felixstowe and Handley-Page side gunners. It also lowers the ammunition load for the twin Parabellum field mod and slightly increases the vibration of the gun.

We can either combine the two mods or I can list the files needed to prevent them being actually merged (as I've done in the last post for the Gunner AI mod).

#417 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 22 September 2013 - 22:48

Avimimus,

Let's see how we can do this. You have modded:

the global ai gunner file

the individual turret files so that ammo loads are correct, and so that twin-gun setups move more slowly

All forms of AAA so that they are less cyborg-like

Criquet's AI pilots so that they shoot better

———–

Is this correct? One thing I wonder about is whether the Ai pilots really shoot better with your mod, or just more judiciously. Thoughts on this?

The one thing that seems really incompatible between the work we've done is the global AI file. I have made the gunners wicked and mean, and maybe even unfair. :mrgreen: We could combine a lot of stuff, but that would have to come in two flavors.

#418 BigDuke66

BigDuke66

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:11

Nice compilations thanks for the effort, one thing I would like to see is a bit more explanation, not only what each of the items does but also the reasons for it especially in a historical context.
For example the no tracer mod, OK no tracer but why?

Maybe the developer of each mod could sum his mod up in a few sentences, or you could link from the first post to each mod as I guess we have a thread for each mod that is in the pack.

#419 BigDuke66

BigDuke66

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:05

BTW JSGME warned me about using AI pilot awareness and AI pilots mod, is it OK to use both? Is there some order in which I have to activate them?
Maybe those could be merged so warning won't show up anymore.

BTW do I have to turn on "Mods ON"?

#420 Pirabee

Pirabee

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:25

Jeeze, guys, I'm so new here I'm completely lost. But don't y'all give up on me. I'm gonna read up on wiki, do a coupla online runs, load up on all the mods I can, and wing into war with the wind howling in my face.

Just another way of saying "hi" everyone and glad to be onboard at last. (Psst, just between us I was registered ages ago but with the pathetic graphic card I had at the time, even offline flying was impossible. However, then along came my AMD 8750 and I'm feeling alluva like Richthofen, you see! Lol!)

#421 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:30

1) AI awareness mod is useless now, it is included in AI pilots mod so you can delete it

2) YES, of course!

#422 RoclorD

RoclorD

Posted 15 December 2013 - 21:36

1) AI awareness mod is useless now, it is included in AI pilots mod so you can delete it

2) YES, of course!

Are you sure? I don't see the file in question (caeroplane.txt) in AI pilots mod in compilation.

Also I'd like to ask whether the increased accuracy included in Criquets AI. I remember when there was such option (alternative download) in rofmods site.

"Don't read history - make it" - Knights of the Sky

#423 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 15 December 2013 - 23:01

I suggest you move over this this mod compilation. It includes updates AI stuff.

Jason

#424 Rashmeister

Rashmeister

Posted 21 December 2013 - 19:18

Was thinking of giving this mod collection a try.

But what is the correct mod order?

#425 actionjoe

actionjoe
  • LocationNord, France.

Posted 08 July 2014 - 20:59

Don't know if it is the right thread, but I have just notice that with AI mods, AI FE2b doesn't land, it just turn over its "Command:Land". I have tested with another plane and it is ok. Desactivating the mod makes it land correctly.

Any idée?

#426 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 08 July 2014 - 23:55

Thanks, I will have a look. I'm in the process of moving to another state so it won't be for another week.

#427 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 17 July 2014 - 23:50

I wasn't able to see the Fe2b land mods on or off. I never bought the Fe2b so I have nothing to go on. Can you post a mission where the Fe2b should land?

#428 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:02

I wasn't able to see the Fe2b land mods on or off. I never bought the Fe2b so I have nothing to go on. Can you post a mission where the Fe2b should land?

Hey Gav - I'd be happy to gift you a Fee if it would help with your work - just PM me if you want.

Cheers,

Panther

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#429 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:45

Thanks Panthercules, but I'm not clear on the problem actionjoe is describing. I also haven't done anything to change the AI's willingness to land, so I'm not clear how to fix it.

#430 actionjoe

actionjoe
  • LocationNord, France.

Posted 18 July 2014 - 14:40

Hum, sorry, I was maybe using an outdated version, as with your 1.01 à la carte version, the problem disappeared.

#431 sandman2575

sandman2575

Posted 01 August 2014 - 00:55

Just to be clear – gavagai, your "ROF Refined 1.01" Mod makes this mod compilation obsolete, doesn't it? I.e. no reason to use this compilation over ROF Refined, correct?

#432 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:03

Correct!

#433 sandman2575

sandman2575

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:25

Thanks for confirming – and thanks for the great mod!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users