Photo
- - - - -

Mod Compilation (with JSGME organization!)

• Please log in to reply
432 replies to this topic

#1 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 16 August 2011 - 17:06

Here is a zip file with different mods for Rise of Flight all set in their appropriate folders. Unzip it, and place the "AI" and "worldobjects" folders into \RiseofFlight\data\luascripts, and you're good to go.

Included mods are:

The latest version of Criquet's AI mod.

Reflected's SE5a adjustments for Criquet's mod + Dolphin AI subbed for the Bristol Fighter AI (works well in my experience)

The AI gunner mod

A fix that gives the DFW and Gotha gunners German bullets (default uses British bullets).

A mod that reduces tracers from one every three bullets, to one every six bullets.

An adjustment to the bomb fuze delay from Richy133. You can still bomb from low altitude, but dropping from knee-height will kill you.

————–

Of course, please post feedback or any issues that come up, and make sure to select "mods on" from the RoF launcher menu.

Enjoy! :S!:

Updated the mod compilation to include the Spad 7, substitutes Spad 13 AI instructions so that the AI will BnZ with the Spad 7.

P.S. I highly recommend trying out Avimimus' mod, too. Would you all like to see it included in this compilation?

I am replacing the original mod compilation with a JSGME mod enabler. Expand it into your root directory that contains RoF, e.g. C:\Program Files
You will see three things in the zip file. A folder called JSGMEMODS, the JSGME .exe, and a config file (that may or may not be necessary, but they have it there for HSFX, so I included it).

Simply double click on the JSGME.exe, and you will see a little menu come up with the names of different mods. Select the one you want, and use the arrow to move it to the 'activated mods' side of the menu. If you see a warning about a folder already having been modified, ignore the warning.

The only small changes that have been included are sector limits for the Gotha and HP nose gunners. Normally they act like additional tail gunners, firing through the engines, struts, etc. Now their fire will be more restricted to the front hemisphere, although both can still fire over the top wing, so watchout!

Little update October 2nd: "No tracers" alternative included in the compilation.

———

November 22nd: update for the RE8 and N17. Single Lewis gun F2B still a WIP.

December 23rd: Removed an unnecessary file for Criquet's AI pilots that was causing a ctd. Be sure to remove the old "Criquet's AI pilots" before you copy in the new one. Otherwise the file that caused a problem might still remain!

Little update on December 24th, removed feathered's oil texture because it is not compatible with 1.023.

: New mod pack includes the option for reduced flak lethality, and the option to reduce the vitality of gunner/observers. Normally they require 4 bullets to die, with the mod they only require 2.

Fix for "Criquet's AI pilots" that was causing gunners not to stand up and fire.
Added W1ndy's mod that removes the oil splatter texture.
AI gunner mod does not include any adjustments to the Cl.II or DH4 (I will buy them and adjust the gunners once I see a more concerted effort at FM revision).

Updated the mod pack for 1.026.
Removed the "reduced gunner vitality" mod because Rise of Flight no long accepts adjustments to the bot vitality parameter.
Fixed the "reduced tracer frequency" and "no tracers" mods.
Updated "AI gunner mod" to be compatible with 1.026 and our weapon mods.

Added a few new mods to the modpack.

1. Feathered's loading screen, and Feathered's oil textures
2. Mattm's no-ambient-flak
3. AI awareness mod (my own :) )

September 14th, 2013
828 downloads of the last mod pack. Not bad!

1. Added the less blue ocean mod for the channel map (I think I remember getting permission for this, it's been a long time!?)

2. Added the 1916 AI pilot scouts, two seaters, and the AI Sopwith Camel I have been working on to Criquet's AI mod.

3. The AI gunner mod now makes the AI gunners much more dangerous, watch out! It also keeps the ammunition loadout the same with weapon mods, i.e. you don't get double the ammunition when you take an extra weapon. Let's keep it realistic, please <glares at 777>. So far there has been positive response these changes, especially among Fee pilots. If you find it makes things too hard and you hate my guts, then just remove the file called "turretcontrollerai" from Rise of Flight\JSGMEMODS\AI gunner mod (Richy133 & gavagai)\data\luascripts\worldobjects.

4. I am not including the PWCG GUI mod. There's already a new version of that you can get here: http://www.pwcampaig...bSite/PWCG.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.pwcampaig...bSite/PWCG.html

There are some other neat mods appearing on the scene, but some are too large to include in a little zip file. But you can find them here:
fubar's landscape textures
Fubar's autumn and winter trees
They are JSGME ready. All you have to do is put them in the JSGME folder that I have included in the zip file.

To use this compilation, download the zip file below and expand it into your main Rise of Flight directory. Then, run the JSGME switcher, and enable the mods you prefer. Updated September 14th, 2013. Tested and compatible with 1.031b.
Please post if you find errors or problems!

Attached Files

#2 thenorm

thenorm

Posted 16 August 2011 - 17:12

ah, this is good! I love the ai mod, i actually feel threatened by them now, especially since they try to stay with you! Just had a great fight in a Red Army Nieuport against two white guards! Brilliant!

#3 JimmyBlonde

JimmyBlonde

Posted 16 August 2011 - 18:08

Excellent, thanks again gavagai.

#4 MiG-77

MiG-77

Posted 16 August 2011 - 18:37

Moved

#5 arjisme

arjisme

Posted 16 August 2011 - 19:35

Thanks for this Gavagai. I haven't actually gotten around to using the 2-seater mod you developed, but I am going to start using this. All of these look like very good improvements over what we currently have in the game.

#6 elephant

elephant

Posted 18 August 2011 - 14:27

Thanks, gavagai!
Sounds like a Great combo…

#7 VonGerlach

VonGerlach

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:04

So do all the mod "ai" and worldobjects" folders go here:

RiseofFlight\data\luascripts ??

Director and Lead

3D World and Game Developers Group Linkedin

"We Build Worlds"

#8 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:04

Yes!

#9 Trav194

Trav194

Posted 22 August 2011 - 15:41

I have tried the Mod big improvement on standard game but tell me this when I start the game up and click on Game Settings and check the box Modifications then get into the main screen select a flight the game takes a lifetime to start to the point I think its froze, has anyone else had these symptoms?

#10 aircastellon

aircastellon

Posted 22 August 2011 - 16:27

Great compilation…

Thanks

#11 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:17

I have tried the Mod big improvement on standard game but tell me this when I start the game up and click on Game Settings and check the box Modifications then get into the main screen select a flight the game takes a lifetime to start to the point I think its froze, has anyone else had these symptoms?

Hi Trav,

This is a limitation of the mods-on game mode. Different people have different wait times, but the delay occurs even if we only change a single setting.

#12 elephant

elephant

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:13

As a matter of fact the delay occurs even if not a single setting is changed, whatsoever.
It happens because the game reads the mission from the text file in Mods On mode, while in Mods Off the binary mission file is read instead.
A feature to help mission makers-modders, but a major drawback for the rest of us!
I guess something has to change there… :|

#13 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:05

Funny, I don't use my (Cricket's) SE5a AI mod anymore because I think it sucks :D (I mean my version)

Feel free to use it tho.

#14 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 23 August 2011 - 17:24

Funny, I don't use my (Cricket's) SE5a AI mod anymore because I think it sucks :D (I mean my version)

Feel free to use it tho.

Sure, it's nowhere near as good as a human pilot, but it's still an improvement, in my opinion.

#15 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 02 September 2011 - 18:25

Updated the zip file to include the Spad 7, but all I have done there is to substitute the Spad 13 novice/normal/veteran/ace instructions so that the Spad 7 AI will use BnZ tactics.

P.S. I highly recommend trying out Avimimus' mod, too. Would you all like to see it included in this compilation?

#16 elephant

elephant

Posted 02 September 2011 - 18:26

Great!
Thanks!

#17 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 02 September 2011 - 18:28

Wow, you're fast elephant. Make sure you downloaded the new one and not the old one!

#18 SirFreddie

SirFreddie

Posted 02 September 2011 - 19:17

Errm! I guess you've missed the many threads/posts on this subject. The simple answer to your question is…

…Yes everyone with Mods on!…But it's worth it :S!:

#19 Lanzfeld

Lanzfeld

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:29

How do I use this mod but go back to the regular tracer count?

#20 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:01

Remove or delete the files that start with "bullet" in data\luascripts\worldobjects\ballistics

#21 Lanzfeld

Lanzfeld

Posted 06 September 2011 - 13:10

thank you gavagai.

#22 Avimimus

Avimimus

Posted 14 September 2011 - 17:26

I think it should be given a few months to mature. I'll do a lot more testing once I get my new computer (and there are faster load times). It could also do with more feedback.

However, you should always feel free to implement (or not implement) any part of my mod. Feel free to include it or simply mine it for new ideas.

I'm glad you find it interesting. S!

#23 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 14 September 2011 - 17:34

Avivimus, after flying your mod for awhile, I'm very pleased with it. Making those tail gunners more realistic is a huge step forward

In fact, it (combined with Criquet's AI mod) has convinced me to fly Mods ON all the time now despite the very long load times.

Thank you!

#24 Avimimus

Avimimus

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:54

Thanks for the encouragement! :mrgreen:
(It would be best to direct feedback (and bug reports) to the mod's thread: ;)
Gunner AI + Dispersion Mod & AAA accuracy mod)

#25 O_Taipan

O_Taipan

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:37

Thanks for the mods guys, I have been using these with my own little tweaks.

Cheers

#26 Lanzfeld

Lanzfeld

Posted 22 September 2011 - 14:50

I would like to see these mods combined. I think that Avimimus already did that though?

Also….with the new SE5a flight model does the AI mod need tweaking or is it good to go?

#27 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 01 October 2011 - 14:32

I would like to see these mods combined. I think that Avimimus already did that though?

Also….with the new SE5a flight model does the AI mod need tweaking or is it good to go?

That's a very good question. The AI has always been bad at flying the energy fighters. Unless it is drastically worse than it was before, I'm not going to touch it.

—————-

Anyway, I'm updating the original file to be include a JSGME mod enabler. This way you all can pick and choose what you want and what you don't want. It's about time!

#28 arjisme

arjisme

Posted 01 October 2011 - 15:49

Thanks, Gav, for the JSGME package! I will give that a try this weekend.

#29 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 02 October 2011 - 20:23

Gav,
The mod compilation works great with JSGME! I tried it out and it is wonderful. BTW, I really hope that the ROF team takes you up on the use of a seperate tracer round, instead of the present round with graphic glow situation. Maybe they will even consider the ability to remove tracers! :S!: MJ

Something something SPAD. Something something then dive away. 

#30 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 02 October 2011 - 21:43

Yes, long range gunnery is a bit more difficult with fewer tracers, isn't it? If tracers were implemented properly it would be even better.

:S!:

#31 JimmyBlonde

JimmyBlonde

Posted 02 October 2011 - 21:51

Honestly I'd rather not have the tracers at all, the trails just get in the way and they look lame.

#32 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 02 October 2011 - 21:57

Avivimus, after flying your mod for awhile, I'm very pleased with it. Making those tail gunners more realistic is a huge step forward

In fact, it (combined with Criquet's AI mod) has convinced me to fly Mods ON all the time now despite the very long load times.

Thank you!

I agree with Tom here :)
I'm flying "mods on" too, from now on. More realistic imo.
But still using the old school mod settings :lol:
Loading times are kind of acceptable here, around 2mn30 after the first mission (which is 5mn)
Well done chaps :S!:

#33 JohnnyDNGRSLY

JohnnyDNGRSLY

Posted 02 October 2011 - 22:06

Honestly I'd rather not have the tracers at all, the trails just get in the way and they look lame.
Ditto. And they look lame in the distance, almost like lasers from Star Wars. I'd like to at least have the option of removing them altogether. Maybe I'll try that tonight.

Great mods otherwise, though. Can't live without 'em so long as 777 are still searching for an AI programmer.

#34 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 02 October 2011 - 22:13

Thank you!

I agree with Tom here :)
I'm flying "mods on" too, from now on. More realistic imo.
But still using the old school mod settings :lol:
Loading times are kind of acceptable here, around 2mn30 after the first mission (which is 5mn)
Well done chaps :S!:

Fifi,

I've since (there's a danger in quoting old posts :mrgreen: )changed my position (noted in another thread). After further use, I no longer endorse or recommend Av's gunner mod.

Av's mod nerfs the tail gunners far too much. I was killing C.Vs and Gothas far too easily without taking any damage. What he reduced was the ability of the gunners to traverse and elevate to the point where they can't hit anything.

It's also a pain to fly a two-seater with Av's over-nerfed gunner. The gunner might as well not be there. He just shoots at empty sky because he can't swing the gun.

So, I've gone back to using Gav's gunner mod so they can't shoot through their own planes. But not Av's.

I've kept Av's mod for the AAA. I can now fly ground attack missions without getting blown up every time.

And I use Criquet's Mod (upfated by Reflected? I dunno but has all the newest planes) for the AI pilots.

Kind of a mix and match but that seems the most realistic combination to me.

I'm not sure which are in this latest compilation Gav is offering.

#35 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 02 October 2011 - 22:47

Ah… :? Didn't realised yet Aviminius gunners are so bad at shooting…

On other hand, i really don't like gunners firing through their own planes…

So, Aviminus could you adjust your gunners for a more accurate way of firing, please?

#36 W1ndy

W1ndy

Posted 03 October 2011 - 00:11

Its like Av himself said, he would like the mod to mature for a while. There seems to be a lot to getting these gunners just right, so I'm in for the long haul. We just need to keep feeding back to Avimimus.

With jsme I'll use both off and on for av's mod and try to feed back in his Thread

#37 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 03 October 2011 - 00:33

Its like Av himself said, he would like the mod to mature for a while. There seems to be a lot to getting these gunners just right, so I'm in for the long haul. We just need to keep feeding back to Avimimus.

With jsme I'll use both off and on for av's mod and try to feed back in his Thread

Well, he's a long way from "just right."

At first, I though his mod was quite cool. I was getting kills on C.Vs. But then when I shot down two Gothas in the same mission without getting hit at all, I knew something was way out of whack. I tried it flying a Biff and my gunner was shooting into empty sky.

Pulled the plug (yanked it from Luascripts) and went back to Gav's mod.

It's a good idea and maybe could be very useful with some work but clearly at this point is Not Ready For Prime Time :mrgreen:

His AAA mods (in the same package) work well and I kept them.

I certainly wish him well with it and will be glad to try out future revisions.

HT

#38 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 03 October 2011 - 00:42

That can easily be done. Should I include a "no tracers" option, too?

#39 JimmyBlonde

JimmyBlonde

Posted 03 October 2011 - 00:46

It might be worth a look Gav, I reckon that IRL pilots would have refused tracers since they're a fairly useless form of ammunition in most respects.

#40 W1ndy

W1ndy

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:03

Can you be as accurate in a fight without them ?

I certainly wish him well with it and will be glad to try out future revisions.
HT
Indeed,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users