[b]Rise of Flight or Rise of Fright? A LIST OF REVIEWS[/b]
Posted 15 August 2009 - 00:16
Developer: Neoqb 777
Review Date: July 2009
Reviewer: Edwin Millheim
Classification: PG 6.5
Game Planet 8/10
http://www.gameplane...Rise-of-Flight/">http://www.gameplane....nz/pc/games/15 … of-Flight/
A meticulously detailed World War One flight and combat simulator that will entertain and enthral devotees with its period accuracy.
Ups: Stunning visuals. Comprehensive damage models and physics. Wonderful, whimsical audio and sound effects.
Downs: Slow load times. Clunky interface. Poor acting and translations during tutorial mode. Keys can't be changed or even viewed in-game. Why do I have to buy additional planes when it only comes with two in the first place?
IGN RATING 7.9/10
An amazing flight model and graphics engine but the interface and mission content leaves a lot to be desired.
The best graphics I've ever seen in a sim. They run surprisingly well too.
Engine sounds are distinct and powerful. Environment and weapon sounds add authenticity but there are some very weak voiceovers in the tutorial.
A first-class flight and combat model. The missions are realistic but that means less action than is found in most games.
7.5 Lasting Appeal
Two planes and some restricted mission options mean you'll have to rely on modders and post-release support to get much life out of this one.
(out of 10 / not an average)
Gamepro Arcade 3.5/5
http://gparcade.blog...-great-air-war/">http://gparcade.blog...ion.com/article … t-air-war/
Pros: Beautiful graphics and attention to detail, sticks to early World War feel
Cons: Empty feeling in campaign mode, long loading screens, tough handling learning curve
SIM HQ Review *NO RATING*
Rise of Flight: The First Great Air War Reviews *game spot user review*
http://au.gamespot.c....html?id=666987">http://au.gamespot.c...c/sim/riseoffli … ?id=666987
- graphics/vid: 8.5/10 – very nice indeed; even if you have to lower the landscape render quality it will still look great.
- audio: 7/10 – I had some minor audio problems right at the beginning of the training missions; the rest is of an average to slightly above average quality.
- gameplay: 8.5/10 – the learning curve could be steep for people who never played, more or less realistic SIMs, but this game includes really nice training missions where one can master the basics and beyond, before jumping in to the singleplayer or career missions. In general, the missions include several types of combat assignments in an area of roughly 50,000 square miles: air dogfights, ground attacks, baloon attacks, escort, and interceptions. Mission loading times are somewhat on the excessive side and controls setup is awkward. Under some angles/perspectives planes seem to *lack* their heft and appear toy-ish.
- multiplayer: YES.
- replay value: 9.5/10 – considering that the game has a multiplayer component plus its own and free mission editor (included with the game) the replayability is theoretically unlimited.
- DRM/Registration: 1/10 – one of the lamest activation schemes ever seen.
- Other: internet connection required not just to activate, but also every time you want to play (pretty bad idea); strong possibility that you will have to pay for extra airplanes if you want them (this is bad planning since the game is released and no clear plan for future fleet expansion has been set (check the developer's forums around July 7 to find out more).
Posted 15 August 2009 - 03:38
Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:25
Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:33
Posted 16 August 2009 - 13:56
Posted 16 August 2009 - 16:30
Posted 16 August 2009 - 18:53
Posted 16 August 2009 - 19:03
And since it's obvious that the devs are still supporting and working on improving the game, it seems to me to be too early to fully judge them on some of the current drawbacks of the game.
Posted 16 August 2009 - 21:07
I think they are a lil low…but games like SH4 got lowish ratings before patches and fixes
Posted 16 August 2009 - 22:21
In the end for any reviewable item game/car/movie you can never know if you like it until you try it.
Posted 17 August 2009 - 16:36
Campaign sitem 0.5 at this moment is random generated mission not a career and have static frontline
Storical accuracy 2.0 all the planes have the default skin "no aces and no squadron goup"
Extra aircraft price 8.0
at this moment i dont play RoF and wait for a significant improvemet of it
Posted 17 August 2009 - 16:45
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users