Photo
- - - - -

Tactics & Teamwork dedi server

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#161 TX-Thunderbolt

TX-Thunderbolt

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:05

Really thankful for all the efforts epoch.

#162 Chill31

Chill31

Posted 06 December 2009 - 00:57

T&T,

Here are my missions updated to 1.009. They also have spectator cameras so that people dont have to stare at the ground while they wait on the mission.

Also, would you guys mind pulling the missions that have 10019 error? I'm working my tail off to get you guys some replacement missions and heres 6 to get you going. If you have any other requests for missions, let us know here so that we can get you some good missions with no troubles in them

Attached Files

#163 CALewis

CALewis

Posted 06 December 2009 - 04:27

Chill did you post these on the TT forum too? Seems we all still get the 10019 error after every mission, which kicks us of coruse. Also there is no observer mode :( - it's quite frustrating at the moment, until everyone is aware of what needs to be in the missions.

#164 epoch71

epoch71

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:57

Please advise:
http://www.tacteam.o...28034#post28034">http://www.tacteam.o...orums/showthrea … #post28034

Thanks.

#165 Chill31

Chill31

Posted 06 December 2009 - 21:17

I posted there Epoch. Is that the preferred method for contacting T&T? thanks!

#166 epoch71

epoch71

Posted 06 December 2009 - 22:21

Yes it is mate, cheers.

#167 Chill31

Chill31

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:59

I'll post this here for you guys as well as on T&T. I added 1 more mission (7 totla now) with an airstart and updated the mission description for the May 1918 mission. You can unpack and overwrite all files from the attached zipped file. Enjoy!

Attached Files

#168 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:54

did somebody got answer from NeoQB on lag issue which is now really a pain in the ass…

#169 Kwiatek

Kwiatek

Posted 12 December 2009 - 21:31

did somebody got answer from NeoQB on lag issue which is now really a pain in the ass…

Yea exacly im wonder also. Actually with these lags in servers there is no sense to play.

There are only one server Cocos where i dont have lags and 10019 errors - im wonder what cause the difference?

Do you servers have set internet traffic for HIGH in out game settings menu ( Default is MEDIUM)?

#170 Miggins

Miggins

Posted 13 December 2009 - 13:48

I have Hussars set to "High" but still get 10019 errors on map change, but I'm also getting "10017 File transfer error" on connection now, even on missions that people were able to connect with last night.

#171 epoch71

epoch71

Posted 13 December 2009 - 15:51

Where is this 'high' or 'medium' setting? I don't see it in any of the config files.

Edit: I found this in the server's startup.cfg:

client_download_traflimit = 1000 client_ip = "" client_upload_traflimit = 1000 downloader_port = 28100 server_download_traflimit = 1000 server_upload_traflimit = 1000 tcp_port = 28000 udp_port = 28000
I assume the values for 'medium' are 1000. I looked at the same file on my game PC, and they were all 10000, and in the RoF settings program, in and out was set to 'high'. I assume high = 10000.

I've changed those 4 settings on the server from 1000 to 10000. Let me know if it's ok, or please advise if I need to do anything differently.

Thanks

#172 Miggins

Miggins

Posted 13 December 2009 - 19:30

You get to them from the rof launcher\settings\network tab on the remote box RoF game install, bottom of that window you can select the server incoming and outgoing rates.

There doesn't seem to be anything in the DServer.exe that relates to them, my next fiddle was going to be adding those lines from the startup.cfg into the DServer .sds file and see what happened then.

I didn't think that this made a difference as I'd assumed that was to do with the servers you can set up from within the game, but last night when a couple of Hussars could not connect I grasped this straw and turned them both to high and the guys were able to join without getting a 10017 error.

This might not be the solution though, as the setting have remained the same today but I can't get past 10017 errors myself now.

–edit–
BTW, does your server load up using the .mission files or the .msbin files?

#173 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 13 December 2009 - 20:17

Not sure if this has been mentioned but the T&T server currently crashes each mission about 2 seconds in.

#174 Kwiatek

Kwiatek

Posted 13 December 2009 - 23:26

epoch"]Where is this 'high' or 'medium' setting? I don't see it in any of the config files.

Edit: I found this in the server's startup.cfg:

client_download_traflimit = 1000
client_ip = ""
client_upload_traflimit = 1000
downloader_port = 28100
server_download_traflimit = 1000
server_upload_traflimit = 1000
tcp_port = 28000
udp_port = 28000

I assume the values for 'medium' are 1000. I looked at the same file on my game PC, and they were all 10000, and in the RoF settings program, in and out was set to 'high'. I assume high = 10000.

I've changed those 4 settings on the server from 1000 to 10000. Let me know if it's ok, or please advise if I need to do anything differently.

Thanks

So i wonder how after these changing server works and if lags are gone?

I hope if so also other server admins will check their settings and set it in the same way.

#175 Miggins

Miggins

Posted 14 December 2009 - 01:01

I set the incoming and outgoing network traffic limits both to high in updater\settings\network the copy/pasted those lines into the .sds for the dserver.exe on the Hussar server.

Server started up without an error, but I'm still getting 10017 file transfer error when trying to connect.

I suppose the next step would be to get our server guru to uninstall and re-instal a fresh version to see if that helps, it seems to have helped some with performance problems running the game itself, and I'm beating myself black and blue running into walls trying to fix this.

#176 epoch71

epoch71

Posted 14 December 2009 - 08:28

Miggins … I think the network settings are supposed to be in startup.cfg, NOT the server .sds file.

#177 TX-Thunderbolt

TX-Thunderbolt

Posted 14 December 2009 - 19:03

Not sure if this has been mentioned but the T&T server currently crashes each mission about 2 seconds in.

We had a plethora of gentlemen (and a few ne'erdowells) desperately wanting to patronize your server yesterday, but as Imp states, it crashes 2 seconds after each mission launches.

#178 Miggins

Miggins

Posted 14 December 2009 - 23:13

epoch"]Miggins … I think the network settings are supposed to be in startup.cfg, NOT the server .sds file.

Yeah, I know, but with the problems I have had trying to make the server work and allow players to connect I was willing to try anything.

Until Gonzo killed off the last install and re-installed RoF from scratch, the server was just so much useless code taking up resources on the dedi-box.

As a matter of interest, copy\pasting those lines out of srartup.cfg into dediserv.sds gave no errors but did not solve the problems, re-install seems to have made a significant difference though.

#179 Hellbender

Hellbender
  • LocationMadrid, Spain (originally Brussels, Belgium)

Posted 17 December 2009 - 15:16

Is T&T about to disappear?

I'll let this thread on the T&T boards speak for itself:

http://www.tacteam.o...read.php?t=2754">http://www.tacteam.o...read.php?t=2754

Especially note this post by MadTommy:

Presently the server is taking far too much time to maintain. This combined with the fact that the few T&T members that play RoF and have the ability to administer it have no time due to other commitments, mainly work.

With this in mind T&T admins are presently debating whether we can continue to run our Rof server, the immediate outlook is not looking good.

J5_Hellbender

#180 Miggins

Miggins

Posted 17 December 2009 - 22:33

If only there were an automated restart facility things would be so much easier.

As it stands the game for me is walking on a knife edge right now.

Without a stable and user friendly dedi-server it loses some of its sparkle (for me at least), as I much prefer to fly against (and with) real pilots rather than AI, and without the dserver that becomes much more problematical.

#181 Seiseki

Seiseki

Posted 18 December 2009 - 16:14

Wow, I can't believe this!

You really need to contact neoqb about this and get their support, T&T used to be the most popular server of all!
This is a great loss to the entire online community of ROF and if neoqb wants us to keep buying planes, there needs to be good servers to play on!

#182 epoch71

epoch71

Posted 18 December 2009 - 18:44

Righty-ho chaps.

I've reinstalled the server. At the moment, it's just the stock missions.

I invite you to test over the course of the evening, and report back (on our website) how it goes.

If all seems ok, we'll stick the custom missions back on, then test again.

Again - feedback on our website please - that allows me to act faster if there are any problems.

cheers.

#183 epoch71

epoch71

Posted 03 February 2010 - 00:40

Just a note to you guys to advise that the T&T server is hitting the dirt.

We find the RoF dedicated server software simply too unreliable. Unlike our other gameservers, Rise of Flight needed constant mothering in order to work acceptable. It was never our intention to subsidise Neoqb's beta testing.

That said, I know I speak for my fellow T&T'ers to say it's been an absolute pleasure meeting and flying with you guys. Thanks in particular to those of you who've provided top-class missions for us all to enjoy.

Wishing you all the best.

Tactics & Teamwork

#184 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 03 February 2010 - 06:41

Sad to hear that, it was the best.

#185 Fokkxor

Fokkxor

Posted 03 February 2010 - 06:57

unfortunate! i came to late to have had the honor to fly on the T+T server. as it seems now there is just ToW left for the european pilots.

maybe if we are lucky and the admin tools get better we have a chance of seeing T+T populated again?

#186 Sensenmann

Sensenmann

Posted 03 February 2010 - 07:16

Sorry to hear this, but can't say I am surprised, considering the instabilities and other issues that have cropped up since the 1.009 update. Would have been nice if neoqb would have addressed these issues and supported your requests for the development of a stable dedicated server, but the powers that be have the heads elsewhere.

T&T was, in my opinion, the best place to fly, with an excellent community and great set of missions (which is why I created more missions for this server - I wanted to give something back to this community). It will be (and has been) sorely missed.

I hope to see your flying members around, and will drop by your forums occasionally to add my quips or say hello. So, until next time…

Sensenmann

#187 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 03 February 2010 - 08:10

Oh no! :(

#188 Jughead_Jones

Jughead_Jones

Posted 03 February 2010 - 16:29

I know you guys gave it all you had. T&T was an awesome server and you guys will be very missed. It is as you said though, support and communication is terrible and we will just have to give it time and hope things get better.

#189 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 04 February 2010 - 16:04

Very sad news for the community and for the developers (and, of course, myself).

You guys have made a valiant effort and really provided the best server available while it was up.

Thank you!

HT

#190 Fuby

Fuby

Posted 04 February 2010 - 17:01

epoch"]Just a note to you guys to advise that the T&T server is hitting the dirt.

We find the RoF dedicated server software simply too unreliable. Unlike our other gameservers, Rise of Flight needed constant mothering in order to work acceptable. It was never our intention to subsidise Neoqb's beta testing.

I am in the same boat epoch, If not for direct access to the box and me sitting here retired "ToW" would be down most the time too.. People just don't see what we do to keep things going for them.
The software is just not stable enough to continue running without someone close by to keep it running. with no support from the DEVS for admin tools or the ability to use something like firedaemon to restart it when it goes "Poof-crash" this game is bound to fail.

I personally have since gone to other games and usually wait for "other" players to tell me the server is down before it goes back up. something needs to be done, but our request fall on deaf ears.

The Multiplayer community here is as much to blame.(flame if you wish) Players do not keep requesting admin tools and keeping on the devs to improve Multiplayer side (greasy wheel syndrome guys..get on it! http://riseofflight....hp?f=129&t=5910">viewtopic.php?f=129&t=5910 ). In the end, its the multiplayer that loses out. Single player will keep working but Multiplayer will have no place to fly. SHOUT at them guys.. tell them we need tools to keep this game running!!

T&T, Thanks for offering a place for those to fly… hopefully in the future you will be back with better software available.. if not..I am sure there will be another flight game to add to your system.. they come and go…good groups continue playing games.;)

#191 Chill31

Chill31

Posted 04 February 2010 - 23:28

Fuby, I'm with you on the sqeeky wheel gets grease thing…make a post in the general discussion area so more people might see it. put a poll so people can vote too. Multiplayer is the key like you said, so I hope they make it easier for you guys to host!

i like your airstart by the way!

#192 epoch71

epoch71

Posted 05 February 2010 - 00:35

You do echo my sentiments perfectly Fuby.

T&T simply didn't have the personnel .. and ultimately the willingness .. to babysit the Rise of Flight dedicated server software. Like you, we ended up restarting it only when regulars said it was down. Ultimately, we decided not to throw our hard earned money at it.

As for another game. Well - we're having some fun with Wings of Prey. It's not perfect by any means, and has no dedicated server yet. However, problems are addressed by the developers, and it's certainly a great deal of fun. What could be more rewarding than patrolling in our Spitfires over the skies of Kent, waiting for Jerry in his Bf109 to come meet his maker!!

Thanks for all the positive words folks. We were truly honoured to have served you.

#193 Fredbat

Fredbat

Posted 06 February 2010 - 07:48

mostly it was me asking to get the server restarted ,then even I begun to feel like a nagging wife and stopped. :)

For me money wasnt the issue, I would have funded a server personaly if it would work without needing babysitting all the time I dont have the time nor inclination for that either.

Hopefully better MP will be available in the near future and I look forward to it and in the meantime extend my thanks to Fuby and Miggins for their sterling efforts on the ToW and Hussars servers.

You need me there for something to shoot at :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users