Photo
- - - - -

Tactics & Teamwork dedi server

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#41 epoch71

epoch71

Posted 27 August 2009 - 08:10

Quit the bitching guys. If you two have issues, take it to PMs, as this thread isn't the place for your personal squabbles.

Edit: ninja'd by squid :P

#42 Atelophobia

Atelophobia

Posted 28 August 2009 - 09:55

(the following is no purchase-plane discussion posting ;) )

People talk a lot about chivalry and good behaviour…

Only few plane buyers leave their non-purchase-plane slot if someone from their team obviously can't select any of the purchase planes left.
I don't say it's a must-do and people who purchase planes are not responsible for those who didn't or for even the map at all but you should at least consider this possibility.

(I bought all planes although I only wanted the Se5a to avoid being forced to spectate.)

However, Id appreciate if the plane selection wouldn't depend on game loading speed but that's really another topic

#43 Haldane

Haldane

Posted 28 August 2009 - 16:28

Hi,

Just wanted to say I've dropped into your server a few times now but so far failed to say thanks for the effort you've put in setting it up. Very remiss of me. Initiatives like yours and the downloadable missions people have started to put up are making this a more enjoyable game for me. Even though I'm crap at trying to actually shoot anything down.

Thank you.

By the way, one time after getting shot down in short order, as per usual, I thought I'd follow someone on spectator, who had an impressive streak showing up. I was presented with a picture of a guy happily flying along looking down at a fight some way below him, who peeled down to dive on a bogey which seemed to be a little way off on its own, let off what seemed to me an extraordinarily few rounds to be rewarded with the enemy falling to pieces, and zoomed off to lark in the clouds again.

Very Richtofen-ian I thought, properly impressed. Maybe thats the way to do it!

#44 TX-Thunderbolt

TX-Thunderbolt

Posted 28 August 2009 - 20:45

I've had much fun on the T&T server of late. The only suggestion I'd make is to possibly decrease the plane count to 12v12 and allow AI. I only suggest to decrease the total number as the server is rarely full and when AI is enabled ALL slots are active thus stressing the hardware (and bandwidth) to it's fullest.

Because of some of the limitations in the game right now (i.e. only seeing pilots at the Order/Opposite screen that have selected aircraft and NOT all in the server), the sides can be, and have been, grossly imbalanced at times. A few AI would have at least helped balanced the sides and not only helped the few on the least populated side, but given the more populated side more to shoot at.

Just a suggestion.

#45 winger2

winger2

Posted 28 August 2009 - 21:08

Heres a little critics on the tactics an teamwork server. as a german its not much fun playing there for mainly 2 reasons:
1. All Missions have only one objective. Results in all flying to one and the same spot and then a big mess is going on in wich most of the time the allies have the advantage because the distance to the objective is very short. There is NO WAY for a german to gain enough height to be cometitive at all.
2. Padlock sucks. No chance for both sides to ambush! Ambush: one of the very few methods for a german to get close/high enough to shoot down an SE5a or Spad. Will ALWAYS be detected by potential victim.

I suggest turning off darn padlock and insert more than one objective for both sides. This way it doesnt get such a mess all the time (12 bashing on 12 and at least 2 crashes happening).

Winger

#46 MadTommy

MadTommy

Posted 28 August 2009 - 22:51

Sever will be down from 22:00 BST Saturday till approx 06:00 Sunday morning. Hosts are moving location.

Missions are being tweaked and new ones being made presently.

Padlock.. people ask for it to be added other people ask for it to be removed. The rest of us use TrackIR and don't care 8-)

#47 Gustang

Gustang

Posted 28 August 2009 - 23:11

I just wanted to say thanks for making this server available. I've had much fun on it whenever I visit and the company has been (mostly) courteous and a joy to play with.

I'd also like to second Thunderbolt's suggestion that AI be enabled where possible. If it causes performance problems with the missions, perhaps at least a handful of planes on each side can be AI-enabled. Specify which are set for AI in the mission description, so the other slots can be filled by humans first.

Thanks again, and best regards!
Gus

#48 J2_squid

J2_squid

Posted 29 August 2009 - 00:24

Keep up the good work guys. Your server rocks, id reccomend anyone to try it and see what ROF is capable of.

Just make sure you know how to start your engine ;)

#49 TX-Thunderbolt

TX-Thunderbolt

Posted 29 August 2009 - 01:16

MadTommy"]Sever will be down from 22:00 BST Saturday till approx 06:00 Sunday morning. Hosts are moving location.

Missions are being tweaked and new ones being made presently.

Padlock.. people ask for it to be added other people ask for it to be removed. The rest of us use TrackIR and don't care 8-)

Thanks Tommy. No doubt as people get better at using the mission editor, mission will evolve as well. It's always been that way and having a fast, high-bandwidth server for general use is one of the best things for the multiplayer aspect of RoF IMO.

Regarding the padlock thing, I've always been against it as it practically eliminates any opportunity for a stealthy bounce, but I can certainly live with it as it's really only used by those without TIR. Kind of a trade off of sorts.

#50 valky

valky

Posted 29 August 2009 - 02:02

I too want to thank you for making this server available to all..

I have been a user since you made it available, and definately appreciate its existance.

Regarding your MISSION choices, I find them to be fun and more interesting than the typical go out and dogfight to the death type..
these latter types of fights get old really fast and are IMHO not as interesting as missions which require TEAM EFFORT to DEFEND as well as to sucessfully ATTACK an objective.

Variations in cloud cover and cloud height are also welcome changes to the typical clear sky KILLING arena. (Not that a good dogfight isn't great fun also, but variation is great too… and you are providing that as well)

As for PADLOCK, I, for one, use and appreciate it on a server, primarily because of the TRACKIR advantage others have if I don't. [poor situational awarness will get you every time, and those who feel a need to SNEAK-UP on some one can still do so.. one can only PADLOCK a single target at a time..
think TARGET FIXATION, and you will understand why i have been surprised by shots hitting me as I manouver against another plane - :P.. lol]

I am a private pilot in real life and find this game to be unusually enjoyable, I too hope to try TRACKIR or something similar when possible, but in the meantime PADLOCK is my only equalizer. Thanks for including it on this server.

PS I fly under several different names ingame, but you will know me by my very short ingame lifespan and vary rare kill scores.

#51 J5_Rumey

J5_Rumey

Posted 29 August 2009 - 05:13

Salute!

Have been fixing my computer and its now up and running great. Eyecandy is stunning and last night had some good fun in this server, also thanks for the banter on TT TS, seems like a nice bunch of gents in there. Anytime I am in there just give me a tell if you are up for winging. I would love to work on wingman tactics.

Thanks for a great sevrer and good fun.

#52 MadTommy

MadTommy

Posted 29 August 2009 - 07:16

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions, as we get better with the editor we'll try and add mission that are diverse and that address points raised in this thread.

And just a redirect.. requesting mission.. but I never got any responce ;)

#53 epoch71

epoch71

Posted 29 August 2009 - 09:51

Just another reminder that the [T&T] server will be OFFLINE from 22:00 UK time tonight.

We expect to be back up and running early on Sunday morning.

Apologies for any inconvenience, and thanks for all the positive feedback so far.

#54 epoch71

epoch71

Posted 29 August 2009 - 20:38

Ok, as per my previous message, we've shut our main server down, so the host can move it.

We've got a temp server running (same name, same missions) and also a temp TS server (details on our website main page).

However, please understand that as our host is doing a lot of network configuration tonight, we can't guarantee this temporary server's performance, or availability.

Cheers
epoch

#55 Masaq

Masaq

Posted 01 September 2009 - 21:32

Just to let you all know that the regular server has been up since Sunday, teamspeak back on the usual IP address.

We're now updated to 1.006.

#56 SAS

SAS

Posted 02 September 2009 - 10:37

Masaq"]Just to let you all know that the regular server has been up since Sunday, teamspeak back on the usual IP address.

We're now updated to 1.006.
great news! we're miss you!

and pls - set mission description for missions in rotation! in some missions very difficult to understand what we have to do in mission…

#57 MadTommy

MadTommy

Posted 02 September 2009 - 11:11

great news! we're miss you!

and pls - set mission description for missions in rotation! in some missions very difficult to understand what we have to do in mission…

Mission descriptions are not being passed down to clients from the dserver.exe software.. it seems to be a bug. But its very annoying.

As far as i'm aware no mission hosted on a dedicate server using dserver.exe has descriptions.. If this i not true i'd love hear about it. Missions hosted locally pass the description to clients but not dserver.exe :(

#58 epoch71

epoch71

Posted 02 September 2009 - 17:48

Until the problem with downloading custom missions is fixed, please download the following file:

http://www.tacteam.o...mission_fix.rar">http://www.tacteam.o...mission_fix.rar

Contained in the file are the .eng files for our custom missions. You need to extract these to the Rise of Flight\data\missions folder.

This will prevent the 'Download Error' when trying to play custom missions on our server, whilst we all wait a new patch!

#59 Wad

Wad

Posted 02 September 2009 - 18:51

Oh! It's superb! Now it's all right! Thanks!

#60 Aelyshe

Aelyshe

Posted 02 September 2009 - 21:14

Gentlemen,

Can anyone tell me why I can no longer get onto the "Tactics and Teamwork"server out of Great Britain? This is my favorite server but as of today I can no longer get past the start mission screen. When I click on "Start Mission" I get a message saying "Downloading Error" and "File Transfer Error". I ckick OK and am placed back on the mainscreen. I see others playing on this server why, all of a sudden, can't I? I was on it yesterday but cannot seem to get on it today. Can anyone help me out?

Cheers

Aelyshe

P.S. Could this have anything to do with the ROF upgrades that I had to download yesterday?

#61 RR_SHMEL

RR_SHMEL

Posted 02 September 2009 - 21:17

Gentlemen,

Can anyone tell me why I can no longer get onto the "Tactics and Teamwork"server out of Great Britain? This is my favorite server but as of today I can no longer get past the start mission screen. When I click on "Start Mission" I get a message saying "Downloading Error" and "File Transfer Error". I ckick OK and am placed back on the mainscreen. I see others playing on this server why, all of a sudden, can't I? I was on it yesterday but cannot seem to get on it today. Can anyone help me out?

Cheers

Aelyshe

P.S. Could this have anything to do with the ROF upgrades that I had to download yesterday?

[T&T]epoch
Until the problem with downloading custom missions is fixed, please download the following file:

Contained in the file are the .eng files for our custom missions. You need to extract these to the Rise of Flight\data\missions folder.

This will prevent the 'Download Error' when trying to play custom missions on our server, whilst we all wait a new patch!

:)

#62 Aelyshe

Aelyshe

Posted 02 September 2009 - 21:24

Dear RR_SHMEL,

Thank you for your quick reply. I tried to download this file but my computer tells me it is not recognized by my Adobe reader (whatever the hell that means). So my question is this, will I now be permanently unable to log on to the T&T server or is this a temporary problem?

Cheers

Aelyshe

#63 ZaltysZ

ZaltysZ

Posted 02 September 2009 - 21:29

File extension is RAR. It is archive (bunch of compressed files). Click the link with right mouse button and choose "Save as" or something similar. This action will allow to download the file without any intervention of Acrobat Reader (it should not do that). If you don't have application for decompressing RAR archives, I recommend you to download and install 7-zip. Google for it. :)

#64 J2_squid

J2_squid

Posted 02 September 2009 - 21:31

Aelyshe

Its a winrar file, download winrar http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm">http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm and you will be able to open it. Select "extract to" and browes to you mission folder. once the files are there you will be able to logon

#65 epoch71

epoch71

Posted 02 September 2009 - 21:59

Aelyshe

Here it is in .zip format, just for you ;)

http://www.tacteam.o...mission_fix.zip">http://www.tacteam.o...mission_fix.zip

#66 WWBrian

WWBrian

Posted 03 September 2009 - 17:33

Can we expect the Albatros D.III in any T&T missions soon?

Thanks.

#67 epoch71

epoch71

Posted 03 September 2009 - 17:37

All of them Brian ;)

Already done.

#68 WWBrian

WWBrian

Posted 03 September 2009 - 20:19

You guys are on top of things! :D

Outstanding news!

#69 Aelyshe

Aelyshe

Posted 03 September 2009 - 22:03

Gentlemen,

Wonderful news that the Albatross DIII will be included in the T&T missions. I purchased said aircraft today and it is absolutely wonderful! I just have one question (actually two)do I need to download/move/extract any files in order to use the DIII in T&T missions or is that already been taken care of when I purchased this plane? Also, is anyone with the Albatross DIII, experiencing a slightly off center toward port foward view? If so, can this be fixed?
Also many thanks to all of you for getting me squared away with the custom missions files so that I can again participate on the T&T server.

Warmest Regards

Aelyshe

#70 MadTommy

MadTommy

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:34

Gentlemen,

Wonderful news that the Albatross DIII will be included in the T&T missions. I purchased said aircraft today and it is absolutely wonderful! I just have one question (actually two)do I need to download/move/extract any files in order to use the DIII in T&T missions or is that already been taken care of when I purchased this plane? Also, is anyone with the Albatross DIII, experiencing a slightly off center toward port foward view? If so, can this be fixed?
Also many thanks to all of you for getting me squared away with the custom missions files so that I can again participate on the T&T server.

Warmest Regards

Aelyshe

You don't need to download the files again. However i do plan to add mission soon, and then you will have to redownload to get the files associated with the new maps. But i'll post a warning for that.

And yes the view in the DIII is not aligned centrally. For me its slightly off to the left. (I have trackIr so.. i 'fix' it by moving my real head left and then centralising my trackIr)

#71 Masaq

Masaq

Posted 04 September 2009 - 13:34

I fixed the view by moving my head to the RIGHT to centre the pilot view, and then hit F10 to save the snap view.

Moving my head back to the centre of the screen and then re-centering my TrackIR bought me, the plane and TrackIR into line :)

Snap view's been saved by the game, so the correct alignment is now the default without having to recentre TIR each mission.

And yes, the D3 is a lovely plane. In a few hours last night I was able to score four kills, 1/4 of my total kills since getting the game about four weeks ago!

#72 Aelyshe

Aelyshe

Posted 04 September 2009 - 14:20

Dear T&TMadTommy and T&TMasaq,

Thank you for your help. My Albatross' view is now centered and feels more natural. I am glad to hear you will be adding more missions. Will I be able to get those mission files in "Zip Format" such as the way T&TEpoch sent them to me the last time? It seems to be the only way I can download T&T mission files successfully! Keep up the good work, the T&T server is the best.

Cheers

Aelyshe

#73 epoch71

epoch71

Posted 04 September 2009 - 15:44

Yes that'll be fine Aelyshe.

#74 SAS

SAS

Posted 06 September 2009 - 16:14

epoch"]Until the problem with downloading custom missions is fixed, please download the following file:

[T&T]epoch, do you read tips in atachment in link? http://riseofflight....php?f=48&t=2476">viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2476
may be solution in item "2 b)" on page 3?
"Multiplayer mission (cooperative) must be placed exactly in the same location as it was
saved by the User in Mission Editor. If this requirement is not met, then some text
information (esp. when dealing with localized versions) and other functions can work
incorrectly."

if this is not the solution, can you pls give me or Han(http://riseofflight....wprofile&u=1207">memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1207) mission-related files for missions on server (.mission, .eng, .rus, .list, .msbin)? they're needed for check and understand where is bug that prevent to connect to servers with custom missions.

#75 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 06 September 2009 - 19:44

strange…last night i was ablee to connect to TT without using fix from their site (tt_missions_fix)….tonite im not able to connect with or without that fix :shock:

EDIT: at last i managed to enter but after second mission crash to desktop….and not only me…alsmot everybody experienced few crashdowns…..after that I had again a problem with connecting to the server…ofcourse I think it is a new bug from a glorious new patch

It seams that a lot of people experienced the same problem..crashing into desktop in the middle of the mission or at the start of the mission….

#76 Masaq

Masaq

Posted 15 September 2009 - 21:43

Well, I've been on holiday for the last week but should be around tomorrow evening; if there's anyone who fancies coming and removing my highest-ever kill streak (an almighty four!) that I earnt the night before going away, I'll be around from about 8pm GMT I imagine… I look forward to dying a fiery death :D

#77 Sensenmann

Sensenmann

Posted 19 September 2009 - 07:26

Greetings T&T members,

First off I would like to say thank for hosting. Your server is one of the most stable and consistently populated ones available and has been providing a lot of fun for many of us. I am quite surprised that I am able to get such a good connection all the way over here in Denver, Colorado, a little over a quarter of the way around the globe from your stomping grounds.

There are two little things I would like to offer to help improve on this good thing, however: the first being to increase the number of missions in rotation. I have in the works a mission that is in the final stages (just needing a little polish and inputting of the text messages for key events).

The mission is a two sided recon hunt/escort where both sides have a recon flight to protect while trying to destroy the opposite sides recon flight. First one to either destroy the flight or all the enemy plans wins the round.

If you interested, please let me know where to send it.

Second: I am not sure if you are aware of this but there has been an issue with your dawn train attack mission in which players in the Fokker D.VII are having their plane vanish on them. I have looked into this issue (while examining your mission to see how it tracks when all a sides planes are destroyed - pretty ingenious, that!) and found that problem is with Fokkers #4 and #5.

The problem lies in the Check Zone in front of Fokker #5 targets both of the Deactivation triggers for Fokkers #4 and #5. So if a player chooses #4 but no one is piloting #5, the #4 plane will vanish when the timer completes.

One solution would be to simply delete the errant targeting of the #4 deactivation trigger, but if it were up to me I would do away with the whole deactivation of the planes as I have had my Pfalz also get deactivated simply because I did not move it forward into the Check Zone in time. Either that, or delete the the target error and lengthen the time for deactivation to something a bit longer, say five minutes.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

#78 Masaq

Masaq

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:03

Many many thanks for your input - I'll forward that on to MadTommy, who's our mission guy at the moment.

With regards to the mission you've been working on; absolutely we'd be interested in hosting it for you. We're aware we're a little short on diversity at the minute, and the difficulty is in putting together high quality missions easily when the editor is such a pig lol. If you swing by the Tactics and Teamwork forums - http://www.tacteam.org">www.tacteam.org, register and pop a post in the RoF subforum about it, that'd be grand.

Again, thanks for the feedback and thanks especially for finding that bug!

M.

#79 Seiseki

Seiseki

Posted 19 September 2009 - 11:15

Great server!
I have some feedback and criticism though..

- Most of the missions have very long flight time, perhaps you could shorten that down?
- The take-off time limit can be quite annoying on some maps as well as stressful if it's lagging -and you have to wait for the lag to settle down.
- Too few missions as pointed out earlier :)
- The fix for mission descriptions doesn't work :(
- The server sometimes lags really badly when there are around 30 players (I think, might be more or less)..

Otherwise it's a nice and stable server, I like that you have a lot of different planes included on all missions.

#80 TX-Thunderbolt

TX-Thunderbolt

Posted 19 September 2009 - 13:14

I like the long'ish flight times. This is really the only neutralizer to the climb speed advantages all the Entente aircraft have over even the best Central power's aircraft. On the shorter flight missions, the Germans are ALWAYS at a disadvantage if they head to the designated combat zone. This is practically guaranteed because of the incessant mission timer with the longest missions being only 20 minutes. Even if you take decreased fuel loads (30% is my average and plenty to last a 20 minute flight without leaks resulting from damage) or smaller ammo loadouts (not me!) you're easily outclassed in the vertical on missions with short flight times.

Just saying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users