- - - - -

Tactics & Teamwork dedi server

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#1 epoch71

epoch71

Posted 14 August 2009 - 13:09

Hi all

Tactics & Teamwork - a community of like minded gamers primarily from Europe, are happy to announce our Rise of Flight server.

At the moment, we're using the stock co-op missions, and some 5v5 co-op dogfight missions too. So, at the moment the server is configured for 10 slots.

As soon as we get some larger missions, we'll be increasing that to 20 or 24 slots.

Feel free to join us on our Teamspeak server. Details can be found on our website.

Most Tactics & Teamwork members have T&T in their in-game name, and will be Server Admins on TS. Please ask if you need assistance.

PLEASE NOTE: Unfortunately, we WILL need to kick people to make room for T&T members. It's nothing personal! We will try to kick the newest joiners, but obviously it's not easy identifying them. Please accept our apologies in advance if you are temporarily kicked.

We look forward to seeing you!

Server Spec:
Intel Xeon X3320 (quad core) @ 2.50GHz
8GB RAM
Datacentre location - London

#2 MadTommy

MadTommy

Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:51

We are looking for more missions… can anyone help?? It would be much appreciated.

http://riseofflight....&p=20108#p20108">viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2148&p=20108#p20108

Thanks.

#3 Furbs

Furbs

Posted 17 August 2009 - 13:23

bunch of booners! :)

joking…love the server!

#4 SLI=choy_10=

SLI=choy_10=

Posted 17 August 2009 - 13:40

more planes for pilot!

#5 Quax.

Quax.
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 August 2009 - 13:43

already like your server :D

#6 valky

valky

Posted 17 August 2009 - 16:19

Would it be possible to have this server include PADLOCK views – for those of us who do not have TRACKIR .. to sort of even the playing field??

Thank you in advance for givng this some thought.

#7 J2_squid

J2_squid

Posted 17 August 2009 - 16:21

Top server chaps, thank for the fun and chat at the weekend

S!

Attached Files

#8 epoch71

epoch71

Posted 17 August 2009 - 16:33

Would it be possible to have this server include PADLOCK views – for those of us who do not have TRACKIR .. to sort of even the playing field??

Thank you in advance for givng this some thought.

In the server config, it says padlock=true.

I assume that's what you're referring to. If so, I guess it's already 'on'….. ?

Thanks to all for the feedback. It's appreciated, and we're glad you're having fun.

#9 Masaq

Masaq

Posted 17 August 2009 - 17:04

Would just like to say a big thank-you to everyone who's left us postive feedback either here or on our website. It's greatly appreciated; we put a great deal of stock in playing games well, meeting new folk and having a laugh whilst doing so - and it's thanks to visitors to our server that we're able to do that.

The server is a proper dedicated quad-core server with unlimited gaming bandwidth so it sets us back a fair bit each month but we think it's worth it for the enjoyment it provides (as well as our own fun on it, obviously!).

As epoch says - all are welcome on the server, and all on the server are welcome to use our Teamspeak; details on the website and I usually pop them up during the course of a game - when I've met my obligatory death at the hands of an enemy tree, usually! :D

Regards,

#10 =MR.FOX=

=MR.FOX=

Posted 19 August 2009 - 05:10

Just played some rounds in this server! awesome! keep it up! it was too much fun.

#11 Aelyshe

Aelyshe

Posted 19 August 2009 - 12:05

Dear (T&T)Epoch and Masaq,

In the two weeks that I have been participating in online "Multiplayer" missions, I have come to find that your server is absolutely the best. Now I really do not bother to look at the other servers once I see "Tactics & Teamwork" open. I have flown many a great mission and have met many great people from all over the world while on your server. I look foward to participating on your dedicated server. Keep up the good work!

Cheers

Aelyshe

#12 Masaq

Masaq

Posted 20 August 2009 - 22:25

Ta!

ANyone having problems with server stability at 12v12, or can we safely look into increasing to 18v18, maybe?

#13 SLI=choy_10=

SLI=choy_10=

Posted 21 August 2009 - 00:36

18x18! go!

#14 Winkle

Winkle

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:13

I thought multiplayer cap was 32 players?

#15 MadTommy

MadTommy

Posted 21 August 2009 - 08:25

Yeah we should try larger numbers.. and see what happens.

And just a reminder:

T&T members pay for the server. T&T member will show up with TTT in front of their names, i,e TTT MadTommy (as for some reason T&T turns into TTT ingame.)

Please have the common courtesy to understand that we pay for and setup this server, we wont tolerate unnecessary rudeness or inflammatory behaviour, and you will be removed from the server without warning. Common courtesy for multiplayer gaming should be adhered to. You are all very welcome as guests, but if you act in an undesirable fashion you will no longer be made welcome.

I'm sure 99% or you will understand this.

Thanks.

Attached Files

#16 Saladin

Saladin

Posted 21 August 2009 - 08:44

I must congratulate you too. It's the only server worth looking at (maybe I should join your community proper).

I noted last night that it was TOO popular, and couldn't get a plane for love nor money…maybe a second server on the way? LOL

Thanks for giving this to the community :D

Elly x

#17 Masaq

Masaq

Posted 21 August 2009 - 16:10

Don't forget as well, we've got the Teamspeak available - server address and password can be found at the T&T website, or floated on chat occasionally. We're not global/public (to stop random people with no connection to T&T using the server for whatever), but if you're on the TS and you're flying with clan/squadron mates and want to give them the password so they can join you in-game, by all means do so. It's there for use by anyone who's currently using a T&T server, so please go ahead an use it.

Eleanor - we're always welcoming new members in, all we ask is that people read the recruitment sticky on our forums and agree to the contents (the bit about monthly subs is the sticking point for many, but it's vital to ensure we can run such a high-quality server for RoF, ArmA2 and PR), and get to know us a little bit before we come to any decision. We've got members from the UK, Scandinavia, mainland Europe and the States, so we're a pretty diverse bunch :)

For those who maybe want to play on the server but who are already in a clan/squadron/community and who would like to show their appreciation - we have a feedback thread up on ROF section of our forums :)

In the meantime, either I or Tommy will knock up some larger missions and see if we can make some more spaces available for players… I was on last night and all 24 planes were in use with another five players each side spectating and hoping for a slot - it was great to see but I can imagine the frustration of the spectators, so we'll try and get something sorted…

#18 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 21 August 2009 - 20:55

Really the best server!

I often can't get time to fly on weekends but have joined up during the week and have been on TS with many of you.

Thanks!

HT

#19 WWBrian

WWBrian

Posted 22 August 2009 - 00:20

I flew on this server today for the first time…

Great connection and gameplay!

Great Missions!

Great folks!

Great game!

Great Fun!!

…life is good!! :D

S! and a big hearty Thank You to the T&T Team for a great server and excellent hosting!

#20 MadTommy

MadTommy

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:13

Nice one Brian :D

I thought multiplayer cap was 32 players?

I think you are right… tried a 18Vs18 mission and it simply didn't work, it showed only 4 playable slots. So i deleted 4 slots and it showed 32 slots ;)

We will get some 16 Vs 16 missions up soon :P

Attached Files

#21 epoch71

epoch71

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:40

Thanks to all for the feedback. It means a lot, and I'm thrilled people are having so much fun.

Regarding the missions, let's not forget that most of them are courtesy of the guys running the ITA-ROF server, who very kindly allowed us to use them. Hats off to those guys. It's great to see such a thriving, helpful community.

As for running another server, I think we really need to wait until the dedicated server program and configuration is developed a bit more. We'd need more control over bandwidth etc to be confident Rise of Flight wouldn't bring our box to its knees! It's something to consider though.

Looking forward to seeing y'all in the skies. I'll be the one on the airfield. Upside down. On fire.

Enjoy!

#22 MattM

MattM

Posted 22 August 2009 - 17:45

Well, i just come from that server. Had quiete some fun, with 11vs11.

But there is a very very big problem. In the last mission, half of the german planes where DVII and half of the Pfalz DIII. Since almost noone had the Pfalz, 4 players, including myself, just had to watch, because all other guys took the DVIIs.

I think this is not really great, i can understand if a few of them are Pfalz, but half of them? Very frustrating, after waiting 10 minutes for the game to start, only to find out there is no plane for you to select. In the game before that, there where half SE5 and half SPAD, some players had to just watch too, because they didn't have the SE5.

I would suggest reducing the number of "addon" planes to 3 total per side. I know it not great for those guys that want to fly a SE5, but atleast they can choose to fly a SPAD instead, if all SE5 have been picked by other guys.

Anyway, it's a real bummer for those guys, that don't want to own every plane.

#23 Masaq

Masaq

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:28

Thanks for the feedback Matt - definitely something to consider. What I will say though is that for those who have paid for the additional planes; well, you can imagine that from their point of view it's a bit of a bummer to not be able to fly their purchases online.

It's always going to be a compromise I guess - down the line when the dedicated server is a more finely-tuned beast than it is at current we could always consider something like a Co-op mission server that runs missions with appropriate planes based on location and era, and a dogfight server that allows anyone to hop in and use whichever aircraft they've got access to. That's obviously reliant on nqb coming up with that gamemode and the server processes becoming sufficiently streamlined for us to be able to offer two running RoF servers alongside our other commitments - such as Teamspeak, Project Reality and ArmA2 processes.

We'll have to see I guess. Until then, we'll have a think about dropping the number of purchase-only planes, no promises though :)

#24 MattM

MattM

Posted 23 August 2009 - 17:29

you can imagine that from their point of view it's a bit of a bummer to not be able to fly their purchases online.
Yes, but the others should also be able to fly the planes that they bought, and that includes the 4 planes that come with the game also. But if there are only 2 different types with 6 planes each, there are still 2 planes missing on the allies side, including atleast one of the addon planes.

I know that it's not easy to decide, but there are not really that many servers online anyway (i only played on yours, because no other server had more than 3 players), so it's a real bummer if a third of the players on the server can't even fly.

I've decided to buy the Pfalz today, but it remains a big problem and i would still suggest that there should be a maximum of 4 addon planes per mission. I think most people agree, that it should be more important to atleast be able to play, than to always get their favorite plane.

It's a pity that you are not allowed to choose your plane yourself, but i understand it's also a question about realism. I can't even imagine how this ends when we have like 8 different planes per side and most players don't even own half of them. That could kill the online play.

#25 MadTommy

MadTommy

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:57

Yes, but the others should also be able to fly the planes that they bought, and that includes the 4 planes that come with the game also. But if there are only 2 different types with 6 planes each, there are still 2 planes missing on the allies side, including atleast one of the addon planes.

I know that it's not easy to decide, but there are not really that many servers online anyway (i only played on yours, because no other server had more than 3 players), so it's a real bummer if a third of the players on the server can't even fly.

I've decided to buy the Pfalz today, but it remains a big problem and i would still suggest that there should be a maximum of 4 addon planes per mission. I think most people agree, that it should be more important to atleast be able to play, than to always get their favorite plane.

It's a pity that you are not allowed to choose your plane yourself, but i understand it's also a question about realism. I can't even imagine how this ends when we have like 8 different planes per side and most players don't even own half of them. That could kill the online play.

I have 3 points.

Firstly, all but one of the mission currently on the server are either default ones that came with the game or ones made by others that we have been allowed to use. So we did not decide upon the plane layouts.

I've made one new mission that is 16 Vs 16 and this does address your concerns somewhat. There are more than 4 addon planes per side but the the balance is batter. I can't remember the exact layout but i included all 7 planes. Obviously the Order side has more addon planes than the Opposite.
If i have time i'd like to add 4 planes to each side on out 12 Vs 12 mission and i will make these default planes. This sounds easier than it actually is.

Second point: We are using Neoqb coop mode to effectively run a dogfight server. This is not ideal. I'd assume when the dogfight mode is released you will no longer have an issue as i'd suspect you will be able to choose your plane. I believe the dogfight mode is in beta testing.

Thirdly, if you would like to make some missions that suite you please do. :p We will happily test and host them if they work well.

i only played on yours, because no other server had more than 3 players

:? Not exactly words that inspire me.

#26 ZaltysZ

ZaltysZ

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:18

I've decided to buy the Pfalz today, but it remains a big problem and i would still suggest that there should be a maximum of 4 addon planes per mission.

Bad idea. You should know that ordinary Russian version has only 2 planes: Fokker and Spad, so even N28 and Albatros should be considered addon to be fair to everyone. If only 4 addon planes are allowed per mission, then we will get 10xFokkers + 2xAlbatros vs 10xSpads + 2xSe.5 or something like this. It will quickly become pretty monotonic.

#27 MattM

MattM

Posted 24 August 2009 - 13:10

i only played on yours, because no other server had more than 3 players

:? Not exactly words that inspire me.
That's not what i meant.

Your server is the only server online that frequently has more than a handful of players. But i'am not saying, that i wouldn't keep playing on your server, if there were other avaliable with as many players.

I didn't know that those are default ROF maps, so my bad.

If only 4 addon planes are allowed per mission, then we will get 10xFokkers + 2xAlbatros vs 10xSpads + 2xSe.5 or something like this. It will quickly become pretty monotonic.
No.

It would be
4x SE5a
8x SPAD

vs.

4x Pfalz
8x Fokker

How this is so much less monotonic than
6x Pfalz and 6x Fokker and 6x SE5a and 6x SPAD, i can't really see. And this would only be the setup for the players of the russian version, for the other players, you could add 4x N28 and 4x Albatros aswell, which basically means 4 planes of each (excluding the N17, which afaik is included in the russian version, am i wrong?).

But to get down to point:
Do you really want a less "monotonic" game in favor of a third of the players on that server not being able to play at all? You can't be serious. Or maybe i'am just blind and there are countless of people playing online on the servers.

Also i already posted this is in the game issue forum, because i think this is mainly a game issue and not a server issue.

#28 ZaltysZ

ZaltysZ

Posted 24 August 2009 - 13:19

Ah, but you said per mission, not per side ;)

Or maybe i'am just blind and there are countless of people playing online on the servers.

What is your time zone? There is a lot of players online in European evenings. Sometimes they even race who will get the addon plane. :)

#29 MattM

MattM

Posted 24 August 2009 - 13:28

OK you're right. That 4 planes per mission was a mistake. Should've been 4 planes per side (and per mission). Again, my bad.

I'm in european time zone aswell (thank god for that :D), but still, there are hardly more than 6-7 players total on a server, excluding the T&T. I played on a spanish server aswell, but it only had 6 players and it didn't have a mission timelimit, the last mission i played there took over one hour, not really funny if you're just joining and have to wait an hour to play (and most of the players who played for that one hour quit after that mission anyway, because i guess they just need a break :)).

The game really needs a dogfight mode.

Oh and btw
If i have time i'd like to add 4 planes to each side on out 12 Vs 12 mission and i will make these default planes. This sounds easier than it actually is.
This takes me 5 min total. So if you want to have me do that (as your third point implied), i would be happy to help you.

I'am also just trying to constribute and nothing else, just trying to improve the online gameplay of this game for everyone and not me (there were many players on your server who thought the same about this issue, i wouldn't post this if it would've been me exclusively).

#30 J2_squid

J2_squid

Posted 24 August 2009 - 17:00

Guys,

One thing ive noticed is that when the mission rotates to the Somme map (which i think is absolutly amazing btw). The server seems to either restart or kick everyone.

Just a heads up if you dont already know.

#31 MadTommy

MadTommy

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:09

Hmm cheers squid.. not sure why its doing that? :?:

This takes me 5 min total. So if you want to have me do that (as your third point implied), i would be happy to help you.

Sounds good, that would be great mate. But please don't remove any 'pay' planes, just add stock ones, to make them 16 vs 16. As i don't really agree with your analyse that lots of people are unable to play. Whenever i'm on the server its the 'pay' planes slots that seem to get filled 1st.

However i'm not sure if you looked at all these missons in the editor, some have a lot of triggers etc associated with each plane. Making them all 16 Vs 16 is not as simple as just adding the planes, but if you can and are willing to do this for us that would be great. As i'm concentrating on new missions presently. I'm slowly figuring out the editor and plan to make more missions. But its time consuming without a manual, and i have other things on. But i'm getting there.

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   429.13KB   5 downloads

#32 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:30

In the last mission, half of the german planes where DVII and half of the Pfalz DIII. Since almost noone had the Pfalz, 4 players, including myself, just had to watch, because all other guys took the DVIIs.

:shock:
for god sake I will send you a few euros for that plane! …common guys this is ridiculous…Im livin in a small country wher average salary is 670 euros and I bought all the additional planes….actually I dont feel im much penniless now…and Im not

#33 MattM

MattM

Posted 25 August 2009 - 17:50

Sounds good, that would be great mate. But please don't remove any 'pay' planes, just add stock ones, to make them 16 vs 16.
OK, that will take some more time, but i will try to get it done.

Whenever i'm on the server its the 'pay' planes slots that seem to get filled 1st.
Not really what i noticed yesterday, atleast on the allies side. All SPAD were picked, while only one or two SE5a was choosen by the other players. But i guess that's also because the SPAD for most people is superior to the SE5a.

for god sake I will send you a few euros for that plane! …common guys this is ridiculous…Im livin in a small country wher average salary is 670 euros and I bought all the additional planes….actually I dont feel im much penniless now…and Im not
OK, i'll send you my bank account right now, please 10 € for the N17 and the Albatros DIII in advance, i give you 90 Cent discount. Thank you!

It's NOT about the 5 € for a plane. BUT, if don't plan to fly that plane, like the N17 for instance, why should i buy it? I don't have the need to spend money for something i don't really want. A Sopwith Camel or Dr.1 or whatever, sure, i would pay for these planes (plus a few others) right now if i would get them sometime next year.

Sorry that i'm the only one around here, who will NOT buy every single plane.

Also as i said before, i don't want to blame the T&T guys for this. It's not their fault, it's more of a game design flaw in general.

#34 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:20

Sounds good, that would be great mate. But please don't remove any 'pay' planes, just add stock ones, to make them 16 vs 16.
OK, that will take some more time, but i will try to get it done.

Whenever i'm on the server its the 'pay' planes slots that seem to get filled 1st.
Not really what i noticed yesterday, atleast on the allies side. All SPAD were picked, while only one or two SE5a was choosen by the other players. But i guess that's also because the SPAD for most people is superior to the SE5a.

OK, i'll send you my bank account right now, please 10 € for the N17 and the Albatros DIII in advance, i give you 90 Cent discount. Thank you!

It's NOT about the 5 € for a plane. BUT, if don't plan to fly that plane, like the N17 for instance, why should i buy it? I don't have the need to spend money for something i don't really want. A Sopwith Camel or Dr.1 or whatever, sure, i would pay for these planes (plus a few others) right now if i would get them sometime next year.

Sorry that i'm the only one around here, who will NOT buy every single plane.

Also as i said before, i don't want to blame the T&T guys for this. It's not their fault, it's more of a game design flaw in general.

well pal you dont need to buy every single plane (and become poor :mrgreen: ) yes you can buy only a Camel and DRI which you saw in movies and you can still play online because N17 is as AI on your computer…..And why do you think that just because of few ppl like you a mission design must be changed so you can fly one of the 4 aircraft which came with initial version of the game?

#35 SAS

SAS

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:00

thanks for the server!
there is realy good and interesting playing here :)

but power of AA defense in some missions is awful! :twisted:
in this missions you do not need to fight the enemy, you must only watch how AA kill everyone in sight :mrgreen:

may be worth to change AA cannons with AA machineguns ? they are less deadly but also very unpleasant :D

and pls - give us more 16vs16 mission! 8-)
but also pls - without fog and many AA ;)

ps. sorry for my english :)

#36 MadTommy

MadTommy

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:14

Thanks for the feedback.

Defiantly like to get more 16 Vs 16 mission up. Hehe i thought the foggy weather would make a nice change. :twisted:

#37 SAS

SAS

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:33

MadTommy"]Hehe i thought the foggy weather would make a nice change. :twisted:
yes, that is nice :)
nice to fly in weather like this :)
but for fighting it is good for germans only :mrgreen:
allies has chances to survive only near friendly AA 8-)

#38 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 26 August 2009 - 13:41

yep AA defence wiped almost all of us last night…..

@SAS - on a clear weather a good Se5 or Spad pilot is a killer against germans….so it is good to have also a mission with fog down low ;)

#39 MattM

MattM

Posted 26 August 2009 - 22:01

Sad that i have to post something like this in the T&T server thread, but you made me do it.
well pal you dont need to buy every single plane (and become poor :mrgreen: ) yes you can buy only a Camel and DRI which you saw in movies and you can still play online because N17 is as AI on your computer…..And why do you think that just because of few ppl like you a mission design must be changed so you can fly one of the 4 aircraft which came with initial version of the game?
Oh boy, i read some of your hilarious posts in the SimHQ (recommend it to anyone who wants a good laugh), you are one of the super realism guys, so discussing with you about anything is pretty damn pointless.

If you don't like my posts, just ignore them. But don't post stuff that makes you look like an idiot.

I don't "think that just because of a few people like me, the mission design HAS TO BE CHANGED". I just suggested this change, i'm not requesting it. I'm giving FEEDBACK, that's what this thread is about.

Also why, do YOU think, that everyone playing online has to buy each plane? And if you think the majority of the people playing online have all 7 planes, you are dead wrong.

This is my last post about this, as i don't want this thread to become a hack&slay festival for your habits (again, like some threads in the SimHQ forum), this thread doesn't deserve that. So if you feel the need to discuss anything with me in the future, write me a letter or send my your ICQ or MSN account/number.

#40 J2_squid

J2_squid

Posted 27 August 2009 - 08:07

This is my last post about this,

Ok guys Im glad about that, If you want to discuss plane purchase, move it to another thread.

Lets keep this on topic for discussion of the T & T server

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users