- - - - -

Snarling Trolls Newbie support Server

• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

#1 Nooney

Nooney
  • LocationOn your 6 Boooooom

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:33

From now on of a weekend the ST's will put a newbie support server up, it has all the aids a noob would require, with a few exceptions,
* Friendly fire is on, this means if you shoulder shoot and hit a team mate you get the damage not them, this stops the kill stealer's shooting behind you and not giving a dam if they hit you.
* To finish you must be landed this stops the exciter's who get hit by you and jump server to save there streak and kill/death ratio.
* ST's will be present to help any new pilots, and referee any poor play that spoils the enjoyment of the majority of players.
The server will be put up on Fridays 8pm and returned to normal server Monday 7pm, all newbies will get the same support if entering the aids off ST server but expect no quarter.
* poor play will in some circumstances result in being kicked from the server, further poor play will result in a ban from the server, so if you are an experienced pilot by all means come in, but look for the higher scorers on the stat score and DF them, please dont slaughter noobs.
And above all leave egos outside bring your sense of humour and enjoy the banter of the Snarling Trolls and by all means have a go at them not only are they thick there also thick skinned :S!:

No matter how good you are there are a million other people better than you boy.....Homer Simpson.

#2 ST_Rook

ST_Rook

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:46

Great! :S!:

just what the doctor ordered! :D

#3 ST_Bandit

ST_Bandit

Posted 07 August 2011 - 13:59

Nice one noons should give the newbies a better experience :)

#4 Graygoose

Graygoose

Posted 07 August 2011 - 14:51

Sounds good, as always, well done Nooney .
GOOSE

#5 Stickyfinger

Stickyfinger

Posted 07 August 2011 - 18:05

smart move ST's

#6 Pip2

Pip2

Posted 07 August 2011 - 18:18

Cool!

#7 ST_Agent86

ST_Agent86
  • LocationNorth Woods

Posted 07 August 2011 - 19:00

Good Form ! Captain :D I like to help people out where ever possible. As you guys know, our playing hours are almost opposite each other , so us Americans kinda cover the hours that you gents are sleeping (or passed out) :lol:
My brother is starting to get into ROF and this will apply to him directly (training server). I have been trying to get him to gun from my trusty Bristol. Hopefully will be shooting at ya all soon :x :x :lol: :S!:

Sorry About That                                                           

#8 Nooney

Nooney

Posted 07 August 2011 - 22:13

Sounds good, as always, well done Nooney .
GOOSE
Goose did I not do you an avatar?

No matter how good you are there are a million other people better than you boy.....Homer Simpson.

#9 Pip2

Pip2

Posted 08 August 2011 - 00:05

Good Form ! Captain :D I like to help people out where ever possible. As you guys know, our playing hours are almost opposite each other , so us Americans kinda cover the hours that you gents are sleeping (or passed out) :lol:
quote]

Sooooo lonley…. oh so lonely!!!
:lol:

-sniff, thats it, im moving to britain. No one appreciates me!-

;)

#10 Stickyfinger

Stickyfinger

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:15

Come on over, bring a brick or two and pick up a free laptop from PC world in Tottenham

#11 Pip2

Pip2

Posted 08 August 2011 - 14:44

Lol speaking of being lonley in the USA I visited the server for a while yesterday to practice my camel maneuvers ( I do that sometimes just to practice to make the st server not seem so deolate in this time zone) and no one showed up. Maybe it is because it's at the bottom of the server list and newbie is on top, but personaly I think we scared the frequenter away by adding " newbie ". To the name. Just a thought.

#12 Nooney

Nooney

Posted 08 August 2011 - 16:25

Lol speaking of being lonley in the USA I visited the server for a while yesterday to practice my camel maneuvers ( I do that sometimes just to practice to make the st server not seem so deolate in this time zone) and no one showed up. Maybe it is because it's at the bottom of the server list and newbie is on top, but personaly I think we scared the frequenter away by adding " newbie ". To the name. Just a thought.
I'm sure even the dimmest user knows how to scroll and if they don't we dont want em lol, and if you read, the destructions the Newbie support server is only on friday 8pm till mondays 7pm, it will take time for word to spread a good time to be had on ST server, just give it time ;)

#13 Pip2

Pip2

Posted 08 August 2011 - 18:02

Ah. Lifes mysteries unraveled! :D

#14 Stickyfinger

Stickyfinger

Posted 08 August 2011 - 18:30

an best revealed with a bottle opener :)

#15 Pip2

Pip2

Posted 08 August 2011 - 18:55

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#16 BlooBaron

BlooBaron

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:52

Here is the problem I'm having.

1. Whenever I have enemy (plane or balloon) lined up for a kill shot, guns will NOT fire.
I have to clear the guns using the reload key, and by the time they're cleared, enemy is out of line of fire.

2. Ground fire is killing me when there are no guns on ground. Gotha explodes in mid air, even though no ground fire is being fired.

3. Ballons won't go down anymore. I used to shoot them down by the dozen, but now my bullets go above and below them but won't hit balloon (usually gun won't fire when balloon is lined up for kill shot).

This started happening about a month or two ago. First just a little, but now every time I come in. I did not USED to have this problem. After a few months of flying I was getting good at shooting down planes and balloons. But now this keeps happening. Doesn't matter which plane. I bought them ALL. I own all the planes, but it happens with each one.

Please either rectify this situation asap or refund my money.
Thanks.

#17 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:02

It's all your fault Nooney you cad ! I want my money back too. In cash (unmarked). Those "alleged" aerobatics Pip2 performed made my eyes bleed. Why did you let this happen ? Where's that brick and a shop window in which to direct it at ! I'm really cross. The world owes me ……

#18 BlooBaron

BlooBaron

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:30

Yes…..gee..its "my fault" my guns won't fire. I just "will it" to happen.

Brilliant, just brilliant. You must come from a long line of geniuses like yourself.

Inbreeding tends to replicate such attributes.

I can see this is going to go nowhere. Thanks for nothing, I'll chalk the money up to experience.

#19 JoeCrow

JoeCrow

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:13

This is what happens when you forget to lock the door on the way out. Anyone can just wander in…

#20 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:31

Okay EnemyArse if you're that new to the sim then please accept my apologies for being flippant. But understand this … I do not take kindly to comments of refunding money as some kind of veiled threat as you did. That attitude just pisses me off. ;)

And if you've been flying this sim for a few months I'd have thought you'd understand the basics of cocking guns, avoiding flak and aligning gunsights. But there you go ….

1. Guns need to be cocked first to fire … and then recocked if they jam.
2. Flak. Get used to it and don't fly straight when it's about.
3. Realign your gunsights. Also balloons now have a tougher hide.

Back to Nooney and the Snarling Troll boys :S!: They'll probably be more helpful. :lol:

#21 Stickyfinger

Stickyfinger

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:13

…………………DUCK————–

#22 ST_Bandit

ST_Bandit

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:40

Lmao well thats a new one on me :lol: :0o: :o :twisted:

#23 Nooney

Nooney

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:30

Here is the problem I'm having.

1. Whenever I have enemy (plane or balloon) lined up for a kill shot, guns will NOT fire.
I have to clear the guns using the reload key, and by the time they're cleared, enemy is out of line of fire.

2. Ground fire is killing me when there are no guns on ground. Gotha explodes in mid air, even though no ground fire is being fired.

3. Ballons won't go down anymore. I used to shoot them down by the dozen, but now my bullets go above and below them but won't hit balloon (usually gun won't fire when balloon is lined up for kill shot).

This started happening about a month or two ago. First just a little, but now every time I come in. I did not USED to have this problem. After a few months of flying I was getting good at shooting down planes and balloons. But now this keeps happening. Doesn't matter which plane. I bought them ALL. I own all the planes, but it happens with each one.

Please either rectify this situation asap or refund my money.
Thanks.
My first thought is wind up, but looking at your post you seem genuine, so lets see if we can help you, first off, I'm afraid I cant refund you any money as I am not the owner of 777 Studios, that out the way, let me know what your setup is, what flight stick are you using? are you using stock curves?
Reloading, you will get a misfire occasionally, so you will have to re cock the guns(I do it as a matter of course, everytime I disengage from the target)also ROF is modeled as such that the guns will overheat, especially if you keep your digit on the trigger (short burst are best) if the guns overheat the convergence opens up somewhat like a shotgun, and this could explain your shots going over and under the target.
Since the last patch balloons were made tougher to shoot down, and you can now use 3/4 of your ammo on them (nice if they modeled shooting occupants of the basket with them bailing out like in real obs balloons).
You probably found it easy to shoot down planes, I'm assuming multi-player pilots, but as time moves on they will improve, practice, practice practice, settle on one plane and try to master it, in quick missions set the plane you are flying as the enemy you will see the shortcomings of that plane, fly the plane you get shot down the most by, learn its weakness, dont expect to become an ace overnight, if at all there is an all conquering ace in this sim lol, if you are becoming frustrated at being shot down a lot, you will learn from that, sometimes you will have more deaths than kills, tell yourself I'm learning from this, and eventually you will improve.
As for the Gotha exploding got no explanation for that other than cooking the engines?
Hope this helps, drop in the server and we will do are best to help you :D

#24 ST_Bandit

ST_Bandit

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:40

:lol: I'm crying here :lol:

#25 MungoShuntbox

MungoShuntbox

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:49

"Please either rectify this situation asap or refund my money.
Thanks."

Give the lad a quid and tell him to bugger off Nooney.

Sorry EA but I do struggle to believe that this is genuine and not a wind up. Anyone with issues like you describe would struggle right from the start of the game I think?

If you can break down your issues in greater detail you may get help if you are geuinely afflicted. In one way or another.

#26 Nooney

Nooney

Posted 11 August 2011 - 13:14

It's all your fault Nooney you cad ! I want my money back too. In cash (unmarked). Those "alleged" aerobatics Pip2 performed made my eyes bleed. Why did you let this happen ? Where's that brick and a shop window in which to direct it at ! I'm really cross. The world owes me ……
:lol: crying here losing breath gufaw :lol:

#27 Nooney

Nooney

Posted 11 August 2011 - 13:26

Just so your not alone these are the problems I'm having.
* dirty smudges on my screen, making me use a full mag on them.
* Empty beer cans attracting flys chasing the shits around my screen trying to shoot them down, then realising there flys and knock my screen over hitting them with the flight stick.
* Trying to shoot cerb down when mrs is giving me grief for being on there x amount of hours.
* supposed to only let the baby sleep an hour or she wont sleep tonight, 3 hours into combat sudden exit, I'm in deep shit off Ava Brown.
* Joe Crow who's blinder than me creeping up on me and blowing my arse away.
* A 13 year old kid who thinks I know every move in air combat.
* a Squad of drunks hooligans and deadbeats international
* A lunatic in striped pajama planes called sticky
* A gang of yanks who think a fanny is a bum
The list goes on, so we all have our cross to bear sighhhhhhhhh :cry:

#28 ST_Bandit

ST_Bandit

Posted 11 August 2011 - 13:41

* a Squad of drunks hooligans and deadbeats international

:D :S!:

#29 Nooney

Nooney

Posted 11 August 2011 - 13:43

And the prick above is a master at it

#30 Stickyfinger

Stickyfinger

Posted 11 August 2011 - 13:47

Masterbation, the source of all my problems, can't see,I tremble a lot and can't grip with my right hand anymore !

#31 ST_Bandit

ST_Bandit

Posted 11 August 2011 - 15:11

lol you say the nicest things XXXX tw@ :lol:

#32 BlooBaron

BlooBaron

Posted 11 August 2011 - 18:19

uhh, which part of my comments is your brain having trouble focusing on?

The part where I say the guns fire UNTIL the target is in site?

Like I said big mouth, when I want the opinion of an idiot, I'll let you know.

#33 BlooBaron

BlooBaron

Posted 11 August 2011 - 18:22

And as for what "pisses you off", ignorant big mouthed punks on the internet talking about things beyond their brains capacity to comprehend usually does it for me.

So again, when I want the opinion of an idiot I'll let you know.

#34 BlooBaron

BlooBaron

Posted 11 August 2011 - 18:30

And as to the rest of the foul mouthed chortling douchebags in here, I'm no "lad" kiddies, and if any of you had a collective brain between you you'd see that my problem is and was genuine, I simply asked for help or a refund since I'm tired of dealing with it and there seems to be no support for the product, and what I got in return was a foul mouthed punk hiding behind his keyboard (like yourselves) hurling insults and silly juvenile babble as you pinheads have crapped onto this "polite support forum".

This place is a cesspool and like I said, I'll eat the 100 bucks and chalk it up to experience.

From now on, buy American.

#35 Stickyfinger

Stickyfinger

Posted 11 August 2011 - 18:38

Foul mouthed…LOL

err who is the potty-mouth with ARSE in his name ?? pot.-.duck.-.kettle

——————————–DUCK——————

And just how blind are you ?? its a thread for Screaming Trolls….what did you expect ?? talk of CupCakes !…they all smell of Poo as well so don't get the SmelloVision upgrade.

Shove the chalk BUD and leave my mates alone !

#36 BlooBaron

BlooBaron

Posted 11 August 2011 - 18:47

uhhh, if you'd try cleaning the spooge off your glasses son….you'd see that I only RESPONDED IN KIND to the scumbags like yourself tossing out the insults.

So go f#$k yourself. I already pointed out that when want the opinion of idiot, or an asshole, I'll give you a shout.

#37 Stickyfinger

Stickyfinger

Posted 11 August 2011 - 18:49

I wont be able to hear you, my head is up the backside of that there duck !

#38 BlooBaron

BlooBaron

Posted 11 August 2011 - 18:50

And if you don't like my responses, try keeping your big mouth shut to me. It'd be a first no doubt, …and probably hard to do with nooney's ballsack filling it, ..but…might work out fer ya, ya know?

#39 Stickyfinger

Stickyfinger

Posted 11 August 2011 - 18:51

err take advice from a slam-in like you…bollocks

#40 BlooBaron

BlooBaron

Posted 11 August 2011 - 18:53

Yea, you're definitely too stupid to do that, huh big mouth?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users