- - - - -

Career mode Skin Pack and more, for use w/ Beta Skin Manager

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 09 June 2011 - 15:02

Career mode Skin pack (1.019)

I compiled a Skin Pack for use with the 1.019 Career mode, I included the entire official skin pack as well as a few community skins that I knew are being used in 1.019 or will be used in 1.020 by player and AI controlled squadrons, but without bloating it with skins that are not being used (yet). Enjoy :)

1.019 Career mode skin pack

I might have forgotten some skins so if you see a plane with default skin please tell me which squadron and I will try to add it!

How to install the skin packs:

You can find the Beta Skin Manager here:
Beta Skin Manager for Rise of Flight (beta03)

#2 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 09 June 2011 - 15:05

Virtual Squadron (multiplayer) Skin pack (1.019)

For those of us who (also) fly multiplayer I made some more packs, for now primarily virtual squadron packs for those with many members and skins. I did not include "random" personal skins, only those with squadron markings.
Exception were Squids entente skins since he uses them frequently and J2 has no entente skins.

If I forgot your squadron please make a post and I will add yours as well.

In alphabetic order:

Virtual Squadron (multiplayer) Skin pack (1.021)

These are additional skin packs to supplement the one released with 1.019:

*1.Pulk Lotniczy:
I made two packs for 1.Pulk Lotniczy because they use a similar scheme for both entente and central aircraft, which can be very confusing; I believe they prefer to use Jasta 8 when flying central on public servers for this reason, however if it was agreed upon beforehand which side 1.PL will fly on I am sure there won't be a problem.

All of these skin packs only contain officially approved skins for use with "mods off" mode.

#3 DJManiac

DJManiac

Posted 09 June 2011 - 16:48

Well done, IMP!

This is normally the only skinstuff we need :-)

Like good old "Red Baron 3D Flybert's Chateau"

There whole bunch of single pilot skins only made my HD full :-)

RoF is now more tahn 17 GB *arg*

#4 jimcarrel

jimcarrel

Posted 09 June 2011 - 17:17

A beta for the beta by a beta tester, pretty dadburned nifty. Thanks

#5 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 09 June 2011 - 17:30

The Beta Skin Manager was written by Laser who is not a Beta Tester, just a very talented customer! But thank you anyway :)

#6 WWBrian

WWBrian

Posted 09 June 2011 - 17:37

On behalf of the Wing Walkers Squadron, thanks for including us in your "mega-pack".

:S!:

#7 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 11 June 2011 - 04:10

I have installed every historical and official skinpack that's been released, but Esc 3 is not showing N17 skins in the career. I hope this will fix that!

Would be nice if I didn't have to download the unnecessary skin manager to install…

#8 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:49

I have installed every historical and official skinpack that's been released, but Esc 3 is not showing N17 skins in the career. I hope this will fix that!

Would be nice if I didn't have to download the unnecessary skin manager to install…

1. I think the Esc 3 thing is a bug/problem that's been reported for 1.019 and will have to be fixed in a later release (I think that's the one anyway - I'm pretty sure I saw a bug report that one of the squadrons that was supposed to be using the squadron skin wasn't working right yet). I don't think this pack will help that problem.

2. The skin manager is awesome, but if for some reason you don't want to use it you should be able to make this download mini-pack into a JSGME-installable "MOD" if you don't want to install it through Laser's tool for some reason. (While I refer to it as a "mod" for JSGME purposes, the skins will still work in "mods off" mode regardless of how you get them into the right folders).

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#9 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 11 June 2011 - 14:20

Thanks Imp. Esc 3 skins still do not show up, so it must be the squad Panthercules is referring to.

——–

I'm sure the skin manager is cool if you want to pick and choose skins, but I want all of them. :S!:

#10 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 11 June 2011 - 14:38

I only included the community skins that I knew are being used (mostly the German skins that I assigned myself and a few No.56 skins Reflected made), I guess Esc 3 is a community skin?

If you know of any skins that I should have included please post and I will make an addon pack; recompressing and uploading a cumulative pack will take too long.

#11 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 11 June 2011 - 14:41

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

I have the Esc 3 default skin, but the career mode does not use it for Esc 3.

Attached File  Esc 3.PNG   568.85KB   656 downloads

I have saturation at 1.1. Notice how the red of the Esc 3 skin is perfect, while the default skin is all washed out; it looks terrible.

#12 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 11 June 2011 - 17:14

Yes, this is the squadron (or at least one of them - haven't checked them all yet) that the devs have not finished assigning a default skin for - I have all the Official and Community Historical skins installed, and I can select the Esc. 3 default skin for my own N17 but the other N17s use the generic, non-squad default skin. Presumably, this will be corrected in a future release, as more of the Community skins are integrated into the new career mode.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960

#13 J99Hasso

J99Hasso

Posted 11 June 2011 - 17:56

Well done, IMP!

This is normally the only skinstuff we need :-)

Like good old "Red Baron 3D Flybert's Chateau"

……

Great Work Imp., its better than Flybert´s Chateau

#14 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 11 June 2011 - 22:56

Thanks Imp. Esc 3 skins still do not show up, so it must be the squad Panthercules is referring to.

——–

I'm sure the skin manager is cool if you want to pick and choose skins, but I want all of them. :S!:

Well, if you already have all the skins installed then you don't need to bother with this pack from Imp - it doesn't have any new or different skins. It is just a subset of the total skin set, as a convenience for those who want a slimmer installation and only want to install those skins that have already been integrated into the new career mode. If you install the Official and all the Historical skin packs, you'll already have all the ones in Imp's mini-pack.

#15 Grizz10

Grizz10

Posted 12 June 2011 - 16:05

Thank you you did a great job.S!

#16 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:12

Thanks guys, but Laser should take all the credit because it is dead easy to make skin packs with his tool :)

#17 I./JG53_Adi

I./JG53_Adi

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:50

Salute & Thx for the job

but i have also the Problem didn't see any another Skins by Squads in Carrer Mode. All Packs are Download. Or maybe i understand this thing wrong. i fly for the Jasta 6 in EIII i see only yellow standard skin for EIII it this normal? Or not all Squad have Skins in Carrer Mode. I see few of Allied Planes or German Planes in Miss. Only Standard Skins. I fly in Sirvy —> Verdun. Different Squads, you see only the Squad Logos in Stats.

:D

#18 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 16 June 2011 - 13:08

The Eindecker only has few if any squadron skins because they were not painted to such an extend at that time, they only flew in groups of three and the sky was mostly empty so there was no need :)

The Albatros D.II only has very few skins as well, perhaps somebody takes a heart and produces a few default skins after researching them.

#19 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 17 June 2011 - 13:57

Yesterday I realised a relatively big oversight on my part: when I created all the skin packs for the virtual squadrons I did so from memory, for those I recalled seeing online on a regular basis when I still had all fictional skins installed.

However yesterday two squadron mates and I fought three S.E.5a in (what seemed to be) default skins at about three thousand meters, and they turned out to be from the syndicate squadron. This was when I realised that I had forgotten to make a skin pack for the Syndicate, as well as for Oceanic Wings since I rarely see them online, probably due to time zone constraints. Of course just because I rarely see them does not mean that they don't fly multiplayer on a regular basis and do not deserve to have a skin pack of course, and both of them are rather big aas well, so my apologies for my stupid approach to this!

I edited the second post of this thread accordingly.

#20 wrong_name_607

wrong_name_607

Posted 17 June 2011 - 16:24

The Eindecker only has few if any squadron skins because they were not painted to such an extend at that time, they only flew in groups of three and the sky was mostly empty so there was no need :)

The Albatros D.II only has very few skins as well, perhaps somebody takes a heart and produces a few default skins after researching them.

Way ahead of you concerning the D.II. ;)

#21 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 17 June 2011 - 16:25

Don't forget the default skins :D

#22 AB1Vasek

AB1Vasek
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:58

Thank you very much for the sets, Imp.

Hopefully you will be able to add AB1 set to your list soon! :S!:

HistoricPropellers_banner_forums_500.jpg
Flight Commander Vasek, 1st Aerial Battalion
HistoricPropellers.com

#23 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:10

I am not aware of any, do they have any "tags" in the file name?

#24 AB1Vasek

AB1Vasek
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:40

They are still being painted. And when our artists finish their work, we will have to sit into a train, pick the airplanes in a factory and take them back to our homebase.

They will be ready for the next patch :S!:

HistoricPropellers.com

#25 VonGerlach

VonGerlach

Posted 21 August 2011 - 19:15

So if we install the beta skin manager and this mega pack you have so kindly created we will be safe to know our skins will appear accurately in the sim in career mod no matter which side or squadron we use? I am eager to know such details are correctly set so I can focus on learning to survive in the air….but am sorry if my question is basic or answered elsewhere. thank you and the manager creator also very much for the making of these fine contributions. Danke!

I see unzip with 7Zip to tar and then unrar with RAR.

Director and Lead

3D World and Game Developers Group Linkedin

"We Build Worlds"

#26 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 01 September 2011 - 15:36

Sorry didn't see your question any sooner - for 1.019 and 1.020 this should've been true, for 1.021 there might've been some additions that I am not aware of.

This reminds me, if at this point anyone wants to see their squadron skins updated or have a additional pack added to the list just link it here I will update the first post. I am however currently unable to make new packs myself due to time constraints.

So hopefully some of you can also update the career mode skinpack to include all the new stuff that was added with 1.021 :S!:

#27 Zcattuz

Zcattuz

Posted 08 September 2011 - 10:35

S! to all, I am a new pilot from Italy and I post here because I'm experiencing problems while installing those beautiful skins:
I have downloaded the skin pack and the skin manager and I have done as request choosing as location to copy c:/program files (x86)/777/rise of flight/ data/ graphics/ skins

but nothing happens after the procedure… do I have to change root folder or something else?
Thanks for your help!

#28 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:17

you only have to chose the locaction the RoF folder is in, "c:/program files (x86)/777/rise of flight/" would be the root folder, not where the skins have to go because the skin packs not only include the skin files but also jpg preview pictures which go in a different folder.

Now I am not quite sure why nothing is happening when you chose "copy to folder", you have to make sure that the skins you want to install are selected, there will be a little check mark. If no skins are selected none will be copied. Apart from that can't think of a reason why nothing happens.

Hope that helps, otherwise perhaps Laser has an idea.

#29 Laser

Laser

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:49

I think you have it right, ImPeRaToR, the folder to work with is RoF's root folder.

—–
Also for the new planes, one should edit the "Skin <-> Preview Match helpers" line to add the new plane names and their corresponding preview names (the name of the jpg folder where the preview is stored isn't the same as the name of the matching skin folder).

#30 Zcattuz

Zcattuz

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:52

thanks for your fast reply, I already tried to select the "rise of flight" root but nothing happened yesterday… today I tried again as you suggested and… now everything works perfect… I can't explain it! But the important is that now I have got many skins to fly with… I really apreciate your help, thanks again!

Zcattuz

#31 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:39

1st Aerial Battalion - SE5a Blue and Yellow Std + FL added to the list, thanks AB1Vasek_FC!

#32 AB1Vasek

AB1Vasek
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 09 September 2011 - 20:56

Thanks, more skins for our squad will be hopefully published soon (o:

HistoricPropellers.com

#33 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 29 October 2011 - 17:44

Thanks, more skins for our squad will be hopefully published soon (o:

Link is dead, new skin packs:

Virtual Squadron (multiplayer) Skin pack (1.021)

These are additional skin packs to supplement the one released with 1.019:

#34 Hokus

Hokus

Posted 20 November 2011 - 18:26

Hi,
Here you can download all of our approved skins that are currently officially consume and the new Delphin.
Long Muffetees skins :

UPDATE:
http://www.mediafire...4paod8zyio7v67m" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mediafire...4paod8zyio7v67m

#35 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 20 November 2011 - 19:04

N28 archive is damaged and can't be extracted.
Also rar inside 7z inside rar with several more rar files seems a bit overkill, you won't gain any compression with that.

#36 Hokus

Hokus

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:00

N28 archive is damaged and can't be extracted.
Also rar inside 7z inside rar with several more rar files seems a bit overkill, you won't gain any compression with that.

Repairs and additions.

#37 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:43

nearly one half years old see no update to the actual RoF situation here, why not un-sticky this??
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users