Photo
- - - - -

Version 1.019 Bugs Post Here.

• Please log in to reply
507 replies to this topic

#81 Wildfowler

Wildfowler

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:38

I did not notice this before the update.

During a career mission with the SE5A I noticed the ailerons became very sluggish and the forcefeed back on the stick was tremendous!

I then saw that with the stick sentral BOTH the ailerons were in a slightly down position. I assumed I had damaged them by over stressing. I completed the mission and…partly due to the wing problem nosed over on landing.

I then took the SE5A up in quick combat to check the ailerons and the same problem was there. Both ailerons were in a slight down position and took the strength of hercules to move!!

Anyone else noticed this?

#82 Zalox

Zalox

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:47

When I reduced the number of lights from 20 down to 15 the blue screens and hangups stopped.

Instead after 20 minutes its now crashing to desktop.

(Please see previous post in this thread).

Now we are 3 reporting a similar bug/issue, all with a ATI Radeon 5XXX Series.

I will try to change the settings you comment.

#83 Oldsimmer

Oldsimmer

Posted 08 June 2011 - 13:16

PC Locked up then CDT in career mode flying the DR1 this is the very first time ever had a problem with ROF.
Mods Off

PC spec -
XP SP3 32BIT
INTEL E8400 DUEL CORE
HD 5850
NO OVERCLOCKING

#84 Pingu_

Pingu_

Posted 08 June 2011 - 14:09

I flew yesterday the spotting artillery mission for the DFW, one column is labeled G in the target grid but appears as J in the map grid. See attached image

Hay gente pa tó

#85 Zalox

Zalox

Posted 08 June 2011 - 14:26

PC Locked up then CDT in career mode flying the DR1 this is the very first time ever had a problem with ROF.
Mods Off

PC spec -
XP SP3 32BIT
INTEL E8400 DUEL CORE
HD 5850
NO OVERCLOCKING

Ok then, 4 users with same problem. Curiously whith a ATI 5XXX Series again.

#86 Huetz

Huetz

Posted 08 June 2011 - 14:36

Running on 2x HD5770 @ 1GB, no issues.

Please specify your your graphics setting. It looks to me that you're either running hot on the CPU or low on RAM in combination with (at least in one case) a 32 bit OS.

#87 Huetz

Huetz

Posted 08 June 2011 - 14:47

Further suggestion for tweaking: (again from DH2 campaign)

Flightleaders following DFW (that they can't catch in the DH2) all across the map to their airfield, trying to shoot them as they land. That behaviour is neither realistic nor historical.

So the suggestion: have a look at the AI and have them make their decision on if to give chase based on actual topspeed of enemy versus topspeed of own a/c.

Furthermore, most of the waypoints I have come across are either really low (400 m) over the front or terribly overoptimistic for the DH2's rate of climb.

#88 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 08 June 2011 - 14:56

You want to document that, cite a reference or two?

Not saying you're wrong…but I wouldn't take just anyone's word for it…

Ask, and ye shall receive:

Items 8 and 15 are what you are looking for in that drawing, which is a WWI original ("thermometre d'eau du groupe de gauche" and "thermometre d'eau du groupe de droite")

Thank you! Yup, that's exactly what it looks like.

Any idea the reason for two? Did they have two sensors in different places?

Not much info available on the internet (in English at least) on the B14…

TY, Luke!

:S!:

HT

#89 Zalox

Zalox

Posted 08 June 2011 - 15:04

Please specify your your graphics setting. It looks to me that you're either running hot on the CPU or low on RAM in combination with (at least in one case) a 32 bit OS.

When I get home will post here the settings.
In my case don't reach high temps, 50ºC both, graphics card & CPU. When I saw the crash for first time I took a look at my RAM: +900MB free, and the 3 minuts hystoric dosen't seems to get higher.

#90 Toadvine

Toadvine

Posted 08 June 2011 - 15:06

Game will not launch. When I try to open the Launcher I get the error message "Neoqb has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Win xp
GTX 580 3gb
i7 920 cpu

Game launched and ran fine before 1.019.

#91 wrong_name_1159

wrong_name_1159

Posted 08 June 2011 - 15:36

Noticed a few issues.

I'm running Eyefinity at 5760 x 1200 (24:5) and anti-aliasing either doesn't work at that resolution, or something weird's happening with the image. Everything's very badly aliased and a little blurry. It's only a problem when running an ultra-wide aspect ratio.

Similarly, when on the pre-flight map screen, the map won't allow me to zoom out very far. Because it's covering so much horizontal screen space, it clips the top and bottom off and I'm very restricted as to what I can see.

Again along the same lines, the overlay that's used for wounding appears to be stretching to cover the whole screen when using Eyefinity and it pixelates so badly that it makes visibility a lot worse than intended. I realise it was probably never expected or intended to cover such a large area but I'm reporting it anyway.

I realise that those are not likely to affect very many users (Eyefinity/nVidia Surround being so rare) and so probably won't receive any attention, but I'm putting them out there anyway.

More generally speaking, MP servers/connections appear to be far less stable than pre-patch. 4-6 players is fine, but once you hit 10 or more, players get disconnected within 10 minutes of playing.

Also in MP, likely related to the same thing, the map overlay screen often won't disappear. Historically it has always lingered there too long when your plane has already spawned and is flying behind it (why is that anyway?) but now it gets stuck quite often. You can click through all the pre-flight menus (Statistics, Game Map, Hangar) as if you hadn't yet spawned, but clicking Fly Now does nothing as you're already technically flying. The only fix is to reconnect to the server. I was finding that if I got unexpectedly disconnected and then immediately reconnected, this bug would occur almost every time. I would then have to disconnect manually and reconnect in order to be able to fly.

#92 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 08 June 2011 - 15:43

German ranks seem a bit to high. Flying with jasta 11 in March12 1917.

My squad is has a lot of hauptmann's and majors also oberleutnants.

Agree on German ranks as I started a career in Jasta 6 on 01/01/18 and I have a Major, a couple of Hauptmans and the Jasta is commanded by an Oberstleutnant (? - not an Oberleutnant - if I read that right) - and Obersts (Lieutenant-Colonels)or Majors don't command Jastas or fly missions.

Just odd and should be corrected.

#93 =IRFC=Vasco

=IRFC=Vasco

Posted 08 June 2011 - 15:52

I have a question of AI behaviour - clouds do not seem to make any difference to AI visibility. In one offensive patrol career mission with a 1,000m cloudbase, the flight entered the clouds and stayed there - but still conducted combat as if in the clear (I had to enable autopilot and go with it)

#94 ICDP

ICDP

Posted 08 June 2011 - 16:07

I have a question of AI behaviour - clouds do not seem to make any difference to AI visibility. In one offensive patrol career mission with a 1,000m cloudbase, the flight entered the clouds and stayed there - but still conducted combat as if in the clear (I had to enable autopilot and go with it)

This has been a problem since the initial release. The only thing you can do is avoid bad weather and night figting.

#95 GandalfTheGrey

GandalfTheGrey

Posted 08 June 2011 - 16:09

3rd or 4th mission.

Shot down two enemy aircraft and a balloon. Non of these kills were reflected in my stats.

#96 Zoring

Zoring

Posted 08 June 2011 - 16:33

the Nieuport 17 wheels spin backwards

#97 sgran

sgran

Posted 08 June 2011 - 17:15

When I display an award earned in the New Career mode, it does not stay on screen when I reload the menu.

#98 XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K

Posted 08 June 2011 - 17:23

Jasta 11 Career, 2nd mission on Sept. 3rd 1916:

Offensive patrol with 2 E.III. Flight lead spots an enemy balloon over enemy lines and attacks. I dive down as well, attacking the ballon in several runs until it goes up in flames. Approximately 2 seconds after this happens, the game suddenly crashes ("RoF.exe has stopped working").

This happened only very, very rarely to me before - could it be related to the balloon being destroyed?

This is just a guess, but maybe the balloon was already assigned as target for a later mission, and busting it caused something to break…?

#99 242Sqn_Wolf

242Sqn_Wolf

Posted 08 June 2011 - 17:41

Career mode, Shot down 4 aicrft amd destroyed one Truck didn't get pick up in stats.

#100 Zalox

Zalox

Posted 08 June 2011 - 17:53

When I get home will post here the settings.
In my case don't reach high temps, 50ºC both, graphics card & CPU. When I saw the crash for first time I took a look at my RAM: +900MB free, and the 3 minuts hystoric dosen't seems to get higher.

The settings before flight:

Flight Brief:

No time compression. Time from my X52.

19.14h Open ROF.exe
19.17h Loading 1st mission in career in Jasta6 13-Oct16 Albatros DII
19.18h Take off
19.27h Dh2 Down
19.33h Reaching the front line
19.34h Enemy Ballons spoted in the horitzon (aprox 9km left for Way Point nº3)
19.35h CTD

About 20min after takeoff CTD.

System Specs:
Core i5 750 @ 2.66Ghz
4GB DRR3 1066Mhz
Sapphire ATI Radeon 5850 1GB
Win 7 Pro 32bits
Freetrack
NO OVERCLCOK

System temps:
CPU: Max 48ºC
GPU: Max 61ºC
RAM: 2.4GB used of 3.5GB

Windows 7 ROF.exe Event monitor:

Nombre de registro:Application Origen: Application Error Fecha: 08/06/2011 19:35:03 Id. del evento:1000 Categoría de la tarea:(100) Nivel: Error Palabras clave:Clásico Usuario: No disponible Equipo: Snoopy7 Descripción: Nombre de la aplicación con errores: rof.exe, versión: 0.0.0.0, marca de tiempo: 0x4de8e3c8 Nombre del módulo con errores: MSVCR80.dll, versión: 8.0.50727.4927, marca de tiempo: 0x4a2752ff Código de excepción: 0xc0000005 Desplazamiento de errores: 0x000173d0 Id. del proceso con errores: 0x107c Hora de inicio de la aplicación con errores: 0x01cc25ff749aa607 Ruta de acceso de la aplicación con errores: D:\Archivos de programa\Rise of Flight\bin_game\release\rof.exe Ruta de acceso del módulo con errores: C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4927_none_d08a205e442db5b5\MSVCR80.dll Id. del informe: a3fb05be-91f5-11e0-8890-005056c00008 XML de evento: <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Application Error" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> <Level>2</Level> <Task>100</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-06-08T17:35:03.000000000Z" /> <EventRecordID>25854</EventRecordID> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>Snoopy7</Computer> <Security /> </System> <EventData> <Data>rof.exe</Data> <Data>0.0.0.0</Data> <Data>4de8e3c8</Data> <Data>MSVCR80.dll</Data> <Data>8.0.50727.4927</Data> <Data>4a2752ff</Data> <Data>c0000005</Data> <Data>000173d0</Data> <Data>107c</Data> <Data>01cc25ff749aa607</Data> <Data>D:\Archivos de programa\Rise of Flight\bin_game\release\rof.exe</Data> <Data>C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4927_none_d08a205e442db5b5\MSVCR80.dll</Data> <Data>a3fb05be-91f5-11e0-8890-005056c00008</Data> </EventData> </Event>

#101 [266RFC]_Hatter

[266RFC]_Hatter

Posted 08 June 2011 - 18:03

German ranks seem a bit to high. Flying with jasta 11 in March12 1917.

My squad is has a lot of hauptmann's and majors also oberleutnants.

Agree on German ranks as I started a career in Jasta 6 on 01/01/18 and I have a Major, a couple of Hauptmans and the Jasta is commanded by an Oberstleutnant (? - not an Oberleutnant - if I read that right) - and Obersts (Lieutenant-Colonels)or Majors don't command Jastas or fly missions.

Just odd and should be corrected.

Same with the British RFC/RNAS. A squadron of majors. In addition, British squadrons were commanded by a Major (RFC) or Squadron Commander (RNAS).

I am not sure if it is accurate to call it a bug, but the RNAS used a naval based rank structure, not army based.

Flight Sub-Lieutenant = Second Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant = Lieutenant
Flight Commander = Captain
Squadron Commander = Major

The in-game insignia is of the RNAS.

The RFC used British Army rank insignia. In the RFC pattern uniform it was worn on the shoulder, as opposed for the cuff for line infantry and artillery regiments.

In addition, the RNAS received naval awards. The Distinguished Service Cross instead of the Military Cross.

The DSO and VC are for both services.

I also received a Military Cross and Bar for shooting down two aircraft in a mission. This is inaccurate. A medal and bar would not be awarded simultaneously.

These are obviously details, but I think they would add to the immersion factor.

#102 RichardG

RichardG

Posted 08 June 2011 - 18:13

I bomb and destroy a facility, but it doesn't give me credit in career. I bombed airfield hangars, and a train station…no credit.

Huge cities aren't on the navigation map.

#103 Branwell

Branwell

Posted 08 June 2011 - 18:29

Hey one and all. During the post install bit my directx gave a failed install warning, I have to admit I've tried the new patch at day and night, winter and summer with large quantities of aircraft and can't see any visual bugs or ticks and so I'm not too concerned, just wondering if anyone else has had the same?

Yes, happend to me too. But the game seems to be working just fine. I have swedish Win7 64-bit.

I got the same as you two… I did wonder if it was a 'fail because you already have the same or better DirectX version' type error? It disappeared too quickly to read the details though (but not too quickly to scare me!!), if there were any…

Haven't noticed anything bad since though…

#104 Hvy_Cavalry_Sgt

Hvy_Cavalry_Sgt

Posted 08 June 2011 - 18:31

I have been seen this mission result twice:

#105 hq_Overmax

hq_Overmax

Posted 08 June 2011 - 18:34

Not sure if already posted:

When starting a career in the Create Career - Personal Data screen the ranks are greyed out except the leutnant (central). You can click on the others but when you open the dropdown and use the MOUSE WHEEL you can choose the other ranks aswell.

#106 Huetz

Huetz

Posted 08 June 2011 - 18:36

Found the bug related to the blip/unblip procedure with the autopilot: In fact the autopilot does not use the blip switch at all, it uses the ignition.

Btw, while we are at it:

As Hatter already pointed out, the Distinguished Service Cross that I just received in my RFC career is RNAS only, also the RNAS used different ranks than the RFC. The relevant ones are from low to high:

Flight Sub-Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Commander
Squadron Commander (equal to Lieutenant Commander when 8 or above years seniority)

So there's only 4 ranks basically, however that can be overcome i.e. by intermediate appointments to section/flight leaders.

#107 Frankyboy

Frankyboy

Posted 08 June 2011 - 18:57

i have a proplem with the reargunner ONLINE:
when i lock the gunner position that no other player can join my aircraft, this "window" appears as soon i begin to shoot with the reargunner. I cant close the window and the gun dont stop firing. I can only close the window when i switch back to another position in my plane.

When i have not locked the gunnerposition, i have no proplem at all.

#108 JGBFlyer

JGBFlyer

Posted 08 June 2011 - 19:24

No stats after career mission. I shot 4 or 5 planes down. No planes destroyed and the other two guys in my wing got a score of 1, as well as I.

Wish stuff wouldn't get released so early. We can wait for a good product. What's the point of the career mode if its not gonna keep my stats? Now we're all going to have to wait for another release while sitting here disappointed with the problems you unleashed on your paying costumers, and your costumers have paid a lot compared to a lot of games out there. Thanks.

#109 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 08 June 2011 - 19:27

Thank you! Yup, that's exactly what it looks like.

Any idea the reason for two? Did they have two sensors in different places?

Not much info available on the internet (in English at least) on the B14…

TY, Luke!

No problem. :)

My guess is the engine radiator design required two separate thermometers, as is sometimes seen in certain WWII aircraft.

#110 JGBFlyer

JGBFlyer

Posted 08 June 2011 - 19:28

I mean seriously. Did the developers not play a mission? I mean come on. Stats at the end you can't get that working? What a piss off.

#111 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 08 June 2011 - 19:33

As Hatter already pointed out, the Distinguished Service Cross that I just received in my RFC career is RNAS only, also the RNAS used different ranks than the RFC. The relevant ones are from low to high:

Flight Sub-Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Commander
Squadron Commander (equal to Lieutenant Commander when 8 or above years seniority)

So there's only 4 ranks basically, however that can be overcome i.e. by intermediate appointments to section/flight leaders.

It is planned to revise the rank system, hopefully for 1.020.

#112 WWIEAF-Puff

WWIEAF-Puff

Posted 08 June 2011 - 19:44

No stats after career mission. I shot 4 or 5 planes down. No planes destroyed and the other two guys in my wing got a score of 1, as well as I.

Wish stuff wouldn't get released so early. We can wait for a good product. What's the point of the career mode if its not gonna keep my stats? Now we're all going to have to wait for another release while sitting here disappointed with the problems you unleashed on your paying costumers, and your costumers have paid a lot compared to a lot of games out there. Thanks.

I mean seriously. Did the developers not play a mission? I mean come on. Stats at the end you can't get that working? What a piss off.

No need for that mate!

#113 Mogster

Mogster

Posted 08 June 2011 - 20:20

Jasta 11 Career, 2nd mission on Sept. 3rd 1916:

Offensive patrol with 2 E.III. Flight lead spots an enemy balloon over enemy lines and attacks. I dive down as well, attacking the ballon in several runs until it goes up in flames. Approximately 2 seconds after this happens, the game suddenly crashes ("RoF.exe has stopped working").

This happened only very, very rarely to me before - could it be related to the balloon being destroyed?

This is just a guess, but maybe the balloon was already assigned as target for a later mission, and busting it caused something to break…?

This happened in my first mission, balloon attack and it ended in ROF.exe error after about 20 minutes. Performance was OK till the crash.

#114 Mogster

Mogster

Posted 08 June 2011 - 20:22

I'm seeing a major frame rate drop over the Bertangles airfields, if they're in view then my frame rate's halved.

I have no problem flying over the larger towns, no noticeable framerate issues, so what's happening at Bertangles?

#115 Zalox

Zalox

Posted 08 June 2011 - 20:37

Possible solution to the CTD bug.

I've spent several hours in testing it but not sure if it can help other people whith same problem.

The fact is when entering front line in career mode (maybe when spotting a balloon), ROF stops working and CTD.

I did the test as follows:

1- Set the graphics and sound settings to min.
2- Play without problems, no CTD.
3- Set graphics and sound like 1.018 (almost maxed out)
4- Tune "Objects Visibility" (OV) option.

Results:
OV 100 -> CTD
OV 50 -> CTD
OV 30 -> NO CTD (Checked 2 times)
OV 40 -> NO CTD
OV 50 -> CTD (Again)

So for my rig I will set it to 40. Don't know why other people can play at OV 100. Graphic card issue? Driver issue?

ATI Radeon 5850 Xtreme 1GB
Catalyst Version: 11.4

Hope it helps.

EDIT: Don't work,i get a new CTD at 40 OV :(

#116 JGBFlyer

JGBFlyer

Posted 08 June 2011 - 20:56

No need for that mate!

So I can't voice my complaints about bugs? You really like playing half finished products? I know this is "beta" but simple things like stats are a bug? Give me a break. A little more due care should used.

We shouldn't have bugs as simple and obvious as this. This is the kinda bug everyone is going to report, so why can't the developers see this before the costumers? It's silly.

Some other bugs are small things that most of us won't notice and are great catches by great eyes. Stats… everyone notices.

#117 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 08 June 2011 - 20:57

The British Distinguished Service Cross should be awarded only to pilots flying for a Naval Squadron. It wasn't until 1940 that it was extended to the Army and RAF.

#118 Hvy_Cavalry_Sgt

Hvy_Cavalry_Sgt

Posted 08 June 2011 - 21:05

No need for that mate!

So I can't voice my complaints about bugs? You really like playing half finished products? I know this is "beta" but simple things like stats are a bug? Give me a break. A little more due care should used.

We shouldn't have bugs as simple and obvious as this. This is the kinda bug everyone is going to report, so why can't the developers see this before the costumers? It's silly.

Some other bugs are small things that most of us won't notice and are great catches by great eyes. Stats… everyone notices.

Voicing complaints is one thing, being rude is something else.

I played quite a few missions before I saw that bug, and it has been reported now by at least three people.

#119 159th_Jester

159th_Jester

Posted 08 June 2011 - 21:07

The career mode is an open beat version. If you don't know what that means go look it up.

Just in case you don't get it: It's not what you say that's objectionable. It's your attitude that the phrasing projects.

#120 Stickyfinger

Stickyfinger

Posted 08 June 2011 - 21:09

You really like playing half finished products

Not being rude? …then at least be accurate…half finished ?…geeze

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users