Photo
- - - - -

Version 1.019 Bugs Post Here.

• Please log in to reply
507 replies to this topic

#41 Heliocon

Heliocon

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:37

The Lafayette Escadrille (N124) (available January 1st, 1917->) which was comprised by mostly american pilots with the exception of French officers upon its foundation will not let you select an American pilot background. Only french backgrounds/biblios/histories are available for the pilots, while the later squadron (cant remember name) it was merged into in 1918 in the game allows an american background.

#42 semi_auto

semi_auto

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:42

I'm having a graphical issue. I started a quick mission in the morning in autumn and I see black trees mixed with normal looking trees. As you fly towards the forest there's a flickering as some become black and other switch from black to normal. It's a strange effect.

#43 159th_Jester

159th_Jester

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:51

Just posted in the suport forum: I just got Error code NaN in my career on click next mission.

I'm sitting with game open and need to know what to do to continue. Error message states to take no further action in the career and contact the devs.

Got better. On trying to exit career mode, I got the game's "busy" mouse pointer and nothing happened. Let it run for 10 minutes incase something was uploading to 777 servers. Eventually gave up and killed the process via task manager.

Hope it'll start up again!!!! :shock:

#44 tempered

tempered

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:39

I'm having a graphical issue. I started a quick mission in the morning in autumn and I see black trees mixed with normal looking trees. As you fly towards the forest there's a flickering as some become black and other switch from black to normal. It's a strange effect.

I'm having this same problem, but it also seems to effect distant clouds as well. Running in sli mode.

#45 BuddyWoof

BuddyWoof

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:18

I haven't checked with other planes yet but for the DR. I, when I enable collimator or iron sights, they are not lined up. Not sure if this is normal.

thanks 777.

#46 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:24

I haven't checked with other planes yet but for the DR. I, when I enable collimator or iron sights, they are not lined up. Not sure if this is normal.

It is normal.

#47 VBF-12_Sluggo

VBF-12_Sluggo

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:46

Maybe a bug, In Hanger, choose a gauge. Then cannot then go to paint job. Have to go fly, no other changes are possible. If you choose paint first then gauges then only fly available.

Only on multiplayer mode

#48 =IRFC=Harry

=IRFC=Harry

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:48

had a problem trying to transfer out of jasta 11 to a fighter squad that flys the albatross d2 (ie j5/j10) but can transfer to j6/j2 both flying e3 started in sept 1 1916

#49 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:58

i can't find the telegraph or camera in the dfw. please help. what buttons do i push?

They're loadouts only. Look in the Hangar screen.

ok. i found it but how do i use it? what keys do i push

Bump for this one, I cannot find where/how to operate the telegraph or camera either?

If I understand your question, you will not see anything allowing you to operate the camera or telegraph for recon or artillery spotting missions unless/until you fly close enough to the target area.

First, you have to select the proper load-out in the hangar screen (where you select the number of MG rounds, bombs etc - there will be choices for camera and radio among the load-outs for plane types that can do those missions) before you start/fly the mission.

Once on the mission, as soon as you fly close enough to the target area, there will be an icon/button that pops up automatically in the upper left corner of your screen, that will allow you to access the functions for radioing your spotting reports or taking the photos. If you fly too far away from the target area, the icon/functions will disappear, until you fly back closer to the target area.

These new mission types definitely take a little getting used to, though they can be great fun once you get the hang of it - this is definitely something you ought to spend some time practicing in quick missions before you just try to do it for the first time in a career. Consider it like a period spent in training at observer's school before getting your assignment to your career squadron :)

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#50 dukejavelin

dukejavelin

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:04

As mentioned before, a little lean on the fuel loadout in Career (maybe). Started with 17% fuel in a Jasta 6 mission (1st mission on Sept. 2nd, Line Patrol). My FL and wingmen went halfway to patrol area and engaged a Newport, shot him down. Proceeded to Patrol area and after 2nd of 3 waypoints went WAYYYY over to enemy side and engaged a patrol gaurding a balloon. I followed, got a kill, went to 3rd WP (alone) and had to waste a lot of fuel climbing to clear the WP. Almost made it back to Sivry, dead sticked it almost 9km and came up .8 short :( Maybe a fluke, but wanted to report it.

#51 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:09

Yeah - always check your fuel setting before starting a mission. It is often defaulting to a rather small load and you should generally bump it up to something more reasonable - hopefully this will get addressed in the next patch.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#52 wrong_name_1161

wrong_name_1161

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:24

Started new career in Jasta 2 in Albatros DII; at first mission, I get a CTD about 10 min after take off. The first time it ocurred I noticed the sound get's low. The second time I was getting closer to the front and didn't notice any premonition before the crash to desktop.

Core i5 2.6Ghz
4GB RAM
ATI 5850 Xtreme 1GB
Win7 32bits
Settings: The same as 1.018

I am also experiencing this bug; Jasta 2 in a Fokker 3 Sept 1916 in the new career mode. Flight time is similar around 10mins or so. Just short of the front line the game CTD's.

AMD athlon 2 x4 640
win 7 32bit 3.75g ram
ati radeon 5750 1g

#53 J5_Rumey

J5_Rumey

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:57

First time makeing a pilot ended up with forever ballerina while switing timeframe. I had not selected any squad to fly with yet. Restart game and could create a pilot.

Attached File  2011_6_7__17_21_13.jpg   1.42MB   407 downloads

#54 159th_Jester

159th_Jester

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:06

Two very small (and possibly related) bugs:

Stats from the career mode don't show up in the single player stats list (although they record and remain perfectly in the stats within the career itself). Also if you win any awards in career mode, and set them to show on desktop, they show up fine, but will disappear if you exit and restart the game. Awards are still shown in career mode (and on the awards page) but will not remain pinned to desktop.

#55 Indianajon

Indianajon

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:43

Hey one and all. During the post install bit my directx gave a failed install warning, I have to admit I've tried the new patch at day and night, winter and summer with large quantities of aircraft and can't see any visual bugs or ticks and so I'm not too concerned, just wondering if anyone else has had the same?

#56 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:55

In career mode, my Breguet has two temperature gauges. Happily, they always agree with each other…. :shock:

#57 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:07

In career mode, my Breguet has two temperature gauges. Happily, they always agree with each other…. :shock:

Historically correct (at least the two-gauge part).

#58 J5_Rumey

J5_Rumey

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:16

German ranks seem a bit to high. Flying with jasta 11 in March12 1917.

My squad is has a lot of hauptmann's and majors also oberleutnants.

Attached File  2011_6_8__6_8_36.jpg   617.68KB   346 downloads

#59 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:25

Historically correct (at least the two-gauge part).

You want to document that, cite a reference or two?

Not saying you're wrong…but I wouldn't take just anyone's word for it…

;)

#60 Dunringill

Dunringill

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:27

Hey one and all. During the post install bit my directx gave a failed install warning, I have to admit I've tried the new patch at day and night, winter and summer with large quantities of aircraft and can't see any visual bugs or ticks and so I'm not too concerned, just wondering if anyone else has had the same?

Yes, happend to me too. But the game seems to be working just fine. I have swedish Win7 64-bit.

#61 Gargazsul

Gargazsul

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:41

Hi,

Yesterday I flew three carrier missions. The first was perfect. Take off, few mins later when we reached the target area I get a mission success message, then we landed. The leader (Fokker E.III) leaded the two planes during the mission. This mission was a normal patrol over German line.

The second mission was interesting. It was a patrol mission over the enemy line. After take off the leader plane went to west (this was correct) but suddenly turned back and climbed over our airfield… just climbed and climbed… I left the formation and finished the mission. I didn't get a mission failed or sucess message. I don't know what happened with the team.

The third was also a patrol over enemy lines. The mission was that: shot down every enemy airplane. After take off we went to west but when the leader find a baloon brake the formation and attacked it. Than the next one too. After it we went to the target area where I shot down a Nieuport 17. Few mins later the leader and the other Fokker E.III went down and made a lot of circles near the enemy base. Dunno why… I give it up after I made my 10th circle and went home. I didn't earn the points of the shot down Nieuport.

Balazs

#62 Herodotus

Herodotus
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:58

I have played several Quick Missions and started a new Career and most looks good (though Anti Aliasing is still whimsical an the Gamma settings affect the aircraft, not the environment).
However, when completing two of the QM's I could not exit the mission with the default 'Escape' key. I had to use Task manager and exit the entire program.
Only using 85% memory.

i7 950 3.0GHz
GTX 560Ti
8 GB RAM 1600
Windows 7 64-bit

#63 =69.GIAP=BOOS

=69.GIAP=BOOS

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:19

Didn't notice these stripes in the clouds before:

Also some names show up as {object Object} in the Personal room.
Image]

Seems like the object object thing is a profile name issue.

In the Daniel Bigglesworth thing I had =69.GIAP=BOOS as Profile, I just did a new career with another profile that is simply Boos and that gave me Boos on the screen instead of the {object Object}.

#64 Zalox

Zalox

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:29

Started new career in Jasta 2 in Albatros DII; at first mission, I get a CTD about 10 min after take off. The first time it ocurred I noticed the sound get's low. The second time I was getting closer to the front and didn't notice any premonition before the crash to desktop.

Core i5 2.6Ghz
4GB RAM
ATI 5850 Xtreme 1GB
Win7 32bits
Settings: The same as 1.018

I am also experiencing this bug; Jasta 2 in a Fokker 3 Sept 1916 in the new career mode. Flight time is similar around 10mins or so. Just short of the front line the game CTD's.

AMD athlon 2 x4 640
win 7 32bit 3.75g ram
ati radeon 5750 1g

Yes, aproximately near the front.
Then I lowered de settings (wich worked fine in 1.018) and try again in a new career in Jasta 11. Flying over the front I get a bluescreen. Never get a BSOD in RºF. The "bluescreeviewer" analized the crash an says that "Avast Free! Antivirus" caused the BSOD. Don't know if it's 100% true.
Need to test de RAM now, if it dosen't find any trouble, I will reinstall RºF. :|

#65 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:24

You want to document that, cite a reference or two?

Not saying you're wrong…but I wouldn't take just anyone's word for it…

Ask, and ye shall receive:

Attached File  Breguet_14B2_Pilots_Cockpit.jpg   461.58KB   423 downloads

Items 8 and 15 are what you are looking for in that drawing, which is a WWI original ("thermometre d'eau du groupe de gauche" and "thermometre d'eau du groupe de droite")

#66 Josh_Echo

Josh_Echo

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:53

report moved—please delete this post

#67 Huetz

Huetz

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:06

+1 on the ranks system:

For Central squadrons, the highest officer commanding would be a Hauptmann, for Allied squadrons no higher than Major. Please adress.

Anther thing I noticed in the DH2 career, when the autopilot launches a dive and blips the engine and you switch off the autopilot, your engine will not unblip. Switching the autopilot back on and waiting for it to unblip the engine serves the issue, it shouldn't behave like that though.

The 3d animation of the blip switch on the stick and the actual ingame behaviour of the engine do no correspond in this situation either.

#68 GandalfTheGrey

GandalfTheGrey

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:59

First of all … thanks ROF. Nice work.

Now here are the problems Ive experienced so far.

Blue Screens and total hangups requiring reboot.

Plays well for up to 20 minutes ….

Specs:

Intel 980 X 3.33 overclocked 4.8 GHz
Windows 7 64 bit
HIS ATI RADEON 5970 2GB
ASUS Rampage III Extreme motherboard
Memory 6 Gb GSkill 16000 (running at 1600 MHz)
Onboard sound
TrackIR 5.1
Logitech Laser mouse
Logitech G19 Keyboard

All the latest drivers installed.

#69 sgran

sgran

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:06

Flew a offensive patrol flight yesterday, one of 2 DH-2's, when the flight leader all of a sudden dived, and started strafing Flak guns, and circling continuously to keep attacking them. Third mission in, our flight leader chased a DFW deep into enemy territory. Not sure if this is part of the AI or a glitch, but surely it would be realistic for fighters not to chase aircraft too deep into enemy territory. Other than that, so far a great patch with no other mistakes.

#70 Sigrun

Sigrun

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:22

Second mission with Jasta 11 in Fokker EIII (I started career earliest possible time in 1916), the two other chaps climbed to 1000m and circled the field for 39 minutes. I gave up and landed at that point, it was supposed to be an offensive patrol (confirmed by in-cockpit map showing route to behind enemy lines).

When I started the career I tried to select later dates, mainly to see what other stuff came up on the map but no matter what dates/days I chose the map never changed from the four 1916 ones (three EIII Jastas and one Nupe Sq).

I see my game is running in DX9…was it once running in DX10? My card supports up to DX11.

#71 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:26

[…]
When I started the career I tried to select later dates, mainly to see what other stuff came up on the map but no matter what dates/days I chose the map never changed from the four 1916 ones (three EIII Jastas and one Nupe Sq).

You have to select a day at the top as well, not just year/month. then it will change.

#72 I/JG53_Kurtz

I/JG53_Kurtz

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:26

Hoping to be useful:

I flew some career missions with Schusta 27b in DFW C.V. Missions are really fun and there is a good variety of targets and type of missions (recons, Artillery spotting, bombing), but i noticed some bugs:

in bombing missions my squadron fly always at an altitude of 500m (too much low for a safe level bombing!) and when the target is reached no one drops the bombs. All my squadron mates drop the bombs only before landing! :(

I hope these issues could be fixed. :S!:

#73 SYN_Flashman

SYN_Flashman

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:38

This may well be a game feature rather than a bug but here goes:

The Anemometer (ASI for the less gifted at tongue twisters!) in the Breguet over-reads by around 15-20 km/h depending upon altitude, on the inner ring, whilst the outer ring over reads by around 30 km/h.

I compared these to the simple intruments ASI as I did some offline bombing practice. Without an accurate speed indication accurate bombing is more difficult. As a comparison I tried the other bombers and all of the ASIs read the same as the simple instruments (though of course you need to do the conversion for the HP O-400 from mph to kmh)

I may have been reading the instrument wrong (I see it mentions a height of 2000 and 4000m for each ring) or not be fully understanding it. Perhaps they show TAS instead of IAS?

#74 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:47

They are adjusted for 2000 and 4000m respectively.

#75 SYN_Flashman

SYN_Flashman

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:55

You have just reminded me that I forgot to add this to me post above: I did try this at both 2000m and 4000m (as well as 3000m) and the rsult was the same, the inner ring was about 15 km/h over reading, the outer 30 km/h.

I will have a closer look tonight or tomorrow when I get the chance.

#76 Ighten

Ighten

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:59

Nothing serious but any medals won in the career dont seem to stick on the main opening screen even though you select them and save them.

#77 s8n333x2

s8n333x2

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:23

ok game running great but now if i turn on post effects ,even with nothing turned on, it loads but lots of picture noise. color all over the screen can barley see what on it. but if i uncheck post effects it works great. also i play for a bit and wanna screw with my settings if i go out of game and try to go back in i lock up every time. so bout to wear out my power button. lol anyway the post effect thing is only thing i see so far. my se5 showed field mods after a while so good to go there.
D~

#78 GandalfTheGrey

GandalfTheGrey

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:28

When I reduced the number of lights from 20 down to 15 the blue screens and hangups stopped.

Instead after 20 minutes its now crashing to desktop.

(Please see previous post in this thread).

#79 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:29

You have just reminded me that I forgot to add this to me post above: I did try this at both 2000m and 4000m (as well as 3000m) and the rsult was the same, the inner ring was about 15 km/h over reading, the outer 30 km/h.

I will have a closer look tonight or tomorrow when I get the chance.

How can they be "overreading", they show TAS for the altitude they are adjusted for. If you compare them to the simple gauges it will be off because simple gauges are IAS, the simple gauge is "underreading" ;)

#80 Zoring

Zoring

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:31

If the DH2 Rear Sight is flipped up the sight is still present down on the rear of the gun.

Also, quite often the game will hang after a mission, just the spinning ballerina with a blank chalkboard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users