Photo
- - - - -

Version 1.019 Bugs Post Here.

• Please log in to reply
507 replies to this topic

#481 jamie

jamie

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:33

A thread that is consistantly being contributed to is certainly not outdated.

Exactly.

It's because of this update that for me, the game is unplayable.

#482 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:15

A thread that is consistantly being contributed to is certainly not outdated.

What, you're still running 1.019? If you have a bug, post it in the current thread.

#483 Proccy

Proccy

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:26

All my joystick setting are gone again i give up now just too hard to get this stick to work with rof

Lieut. (A./Capt.) Andrew Weatherby Beauchamp-Proctor, D.S.O., M.C., D.F.C., No. 84 Sqn., R.A. Force.

#484 Fearmeister

Fearmeister

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:27

No. 56 Squadron (S.E.5a) will not fly with their Squadron default skins in Career mode

#485 Fafnir6

Fafnir6

Posted 26 June 2011 - 19:37

Hello everyone,

I just flew a career mission with Jasta 11 using the Fok Dr.I on Nov 19, 1917 and I shot down a French Bre. 14B2. Reviewing the mission stats for this outing, I noticed that the Bre. 14B2 was apparently a British one from 48sqn, even though the plane in game had French roundels and I am pretty sure the Brits didn't use the Breguet. Please correct me if I am wrong. I am using RoF v1.020 (sorry I couldn't find the 1.020 bug thread).

Cheers,

Fafnir_6

#486 jimcarrel

jimcarrel

Posted 27 June 2011 - 03:18

All my joystick setting are gone again i give up now just too hard to get this stick to work with rof
When you change settings, save them in a profile with name you can remember, don't save it as default. Updates overwrite the default profiles.

#487 wrong_name_1161

wrong_name_1161

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:07

I can't display the medals on the desktop anymore.

Same. I save them and then when I come back to play RoF again they're not saved. I as well have the not counting my stats bug and the super-uber visioned squadron leader seeing planes inhumanly far away. I'm lovin' the new career though very much, thank you. :D

I have also noticed this annoying medal save bug but only with my post patch profiles. I still have my original profile that I rarely play on. It not only saved the medals from my pre-1.9 careers but it saves them to desktop. I also have no problem saving medals earned while in multiplayer mode.

Still Broke after latest patch :xx:

#488 catchov

catchov

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:19

When you change settings, save them in a profile with name you can remember, don't save it as default. Updates overwrite the default profiles.

Dang it ! Proccy please don't tell us you didn't save your stick settings as something other than the default "input" !

CoD be damned ! We have to get you flying this thing whether you like it or not. :lol: It is our solemn duty as gentlemen. 8-) the real Proccy wouldn't give up like this.

#489 hirai

hirai

Posted 30 June 2011 - 14:03

Hi, if got a problem. I shot down more than 50 ( i think 63) Fokker FVII in Multiplayer, but i didnt get any award (for 50 downed FVII). is it still possible to get awards for the different plane-types?? Has anyobe the same problem?? thx for answer

#490 WW1Addict

WW1Addict

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:12

My flight leader shot down a fellow German pilot that was flying a Nieuport 11. :D

#491 WW1Addict

WW1Addict

Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:54

I tried reading through the posts in search of this, but after 25 pages I gave up. Surprising that no one has seen it yet, if it isn't already posted.

#492 NickM

NickM

Posted 02 July 2011 - 15:37

Not really 1.19, and posted elsewhere, but there is a problem with the bumpmaps fpr the F2B skins. See here: Bristol F2B skin problem

#493 Russkly

Russkly

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:13

Playing career mode in October 1917 with 56 Squadron, the other aircraft in the squadron have no markings.

Also, I have to choose my own markings (simply 56 Sq. default btw) from the hanger every time I fly, or I too have a plane with no markings.

R

#494 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:15

Playing career mode in October 1917 with 56 Squadron, the other aircraft in the squadron have no markings.

Also, I have to choose my own markings (simply 56 Sq. default btw) from the hanger every time I fly, or I too have a plane with no markings.

R

It seems more like you haven't the right skins installed…

#495 Slowthrill

Slowthrill

Posted 04 July 2011 - 14:22

no he's right about that, the right skins are installed and my ECs nieuports flies with default skins.
And since the last updte i allways have to rechoose my own skin too to be non default. Before the last update the game remembered what you choose.

The game also should have a button to assing the AI of yr squad the same skin as you.

#496 WW1Addict

WW1Addict

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:16

Tonight I was on line patrol. When my flight leader went home I decided to have some fun with ground vehicles. I searched out a truck and a train to strafe. I destroyed one truck (left the Red Cross trucks alone), one locomotive and four train cars (transport cars). That should be six vehicles destroyed, but the score was only five.

I did record it if you would like the evidence. :S!:

#497 ElwoodJCat

ElwoodJCat

Posted 10 July 2011 - 23:01

I've encountered a few odd things in the career mode - apologies if these have been posted previously, but a search didn't turn anything up for me. I've found that my statistics (aircraft kills, specifically) in the 'squadron room' screen don't match what's shown in the 'personal room' screen. What seems to be happening is that the list of 'victims' is being truncated from the beginning of the career - I began a career for the US 94th squadron on May 1, 1918 but now the kills recorded from that date until May 19, 1918 have vanished from the list and it now appears that the career didn't begin until May 19. However, the number of kills in the 'squadron room' statistics remain the same, resulting in a discrepancy of a dozen or so kills.

My virtual pilot guy died when a hanger jumped into his way during an airfield attack mission, so I attempted to delete this career several times but all that ends up happening is the ballerina spins - I've let her twirl for 15+ minutes with no result before bailing out (ctrl-alt-del). This has been a fairly long career (100+ sorties). On other, shorter careers this hasn't been an issue - in fact, I just created a new one and deleted it right away with no problem.

Anyone else had these things come up?

#498 JoeCrow

JoeCrow

Posted 10 July 2011 - 23:07

My virtual pilot guy died when a hanger jumped into his way during an airfield attack mission, so I attempted to delete this career several times but all that ends up happening is the ballerina spins - I've let her twirl for 15+ minutes with no result before bailing out (ctrl-alt-del). This has been a fairly long career (100+ sorties). On other, shorter careers this hasn't been an issue - in fact, I just created a new one and deleted it right away with no problem.

Anyone else had these things come up?

Yep.
I exited via task-manager after it 'hung' with the spinning ballerina, but everything seemed to be updated OK when I re-entered the game.

#499 ElwoodJCat

ElwoodJCat

Posted 10 July 2011 - 23:16

I tried exiting the game, rebooting, etc… with no result - career's still there. Not a big deal now, but it will be later since I believe there's a limit of 5 careers…

#500 tempered

tempered

Posted 10 July 2011 - 23:37

Another bug with statistics. During your career, the number of higher ranked kills goes down as you rise in rank. In other words, it does not take into consideration your rank when you made the kill, only your current rank. I'm currently a major in my current career, and all my higher ranked kills have become lower ranked or same rank. Not sure if this is intended behavior or not.

#501 Voss

Voss

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:57

My game was running smooth and without any pb before 1.020.

Now I have 2 sort of errors :

During the load of a mission ( career or single mission ) I have a CTD and having a look at the event viewer I see that landscape.dll is causing the Rof.exe error
It happens every 3 or 4 loading missions

Second error I received yesterday night during a flight in career mode , the game crashed with CTD and error on dll MSVCR80.dll when flying in a mission

my system : I7 950 HD5870 1GB with catalyst 10.6 SSD OCZ Vertex 120GB W7 64bit X-FI Xtreme Gamer Saitek Pro Flight Quadrant & Rudder Pedal, Track ir 5 Logitech Extreme 3d

I suspect 1.020 or a windows update because everything was running fine before …

#502 JoeCrow

JoeCrow

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:10

I'm also experiencing the msvcr80.dll module ROF.exe errors in career mode. Infrequent but regular.

Athlon 965BE, ATI HD5870, Asus M4A87TD EVO, W7(64bit), TIR.
Cheers.

#503 RandyMarsh

RandyMarsh

Posted 28 March 2013 - 21:46

Hi :S!:

I get a CTD "ROF.exe has stopped working" each and every time i click on the fly button in order to respawn in multiplayer (on every server).

This problem is not happening when i don't use the track IR software (without track IR at all) neither when i leave the server and connect again (doing this each time i crash/die)

error is ROF.exe module msvcr80.dll :0o:

I had this bug before Version 1.030, fixed it by reinstalling stuff like .net framework and directX, clearing track ir drivers and reinstalling, so with ROF… but it CAME BACK with the latest windows update, and Version 1.030 patch didn't fixed it.

edited : "version 1.030" didn't fixed as i wrote 1.019 initially… :lol:

Windows7 64bits, I7 930@2.8, Asus P6Tse, 6Gb ram, Radeon 5700 1Gb, track IR 4pro

#504 Martijnvdm

Martijnvdm

Posted 28 March 2013 - 22:36

Hi,

I dont know if this belongs here, but with the channel map i'm having a graphics problem. When switching views it kinda looks like the ground surface loads to slow. Before the ground textures are loaded you see the water surface. I have my graphics setting showing it's only using 51% memory.

PC config: Intel i7 2600 (3,4)/8 GB/ATI 7850. I guess the PC should be up to the task.

Is anyone having the same problems?

Grtz M

Attached Files

I7 4790K@4.0, MSI Z97 Gaming 5, Kingston HyperX Beast (t3) 16GB, MSI GTX 980 Gaming, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, Windows 10 64

#505 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 29 March 2013 - 00:01

Wow - necro-post winner of the week :)

I've forgotten how to actually move a post to another thread, so I'm just going to copy/past the info from the above posts into the current 1.030 bug report thread, which is here: Bugs found in 1.030

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#506 Nooney

Nooney
  • LocationOn your 6 Boooooom

Posted 12 April 2013 - 21:19

Hi :S!:

I get a CTD "ROF.exe has stopped working" each and every time i click on the fly button in order to respawn in multiplayer (on every server).

This problem is not happening when i don't use the track IR software (without track IR at all) neither when i leave the server and connect again (doing this each time i crash/die)

error is ROF.exe module msvcr80.dll :0o:

I had this bug before Version 1.030, fixed it by reinstalling stuff like .net framework and directX, clearing track ir drivers and reinstalling, so with ROF… but it CAME BACK with the latest windows update, and Version 1.030 patch didn't fixed it.

edited : "version 1.030" didn't fixed as i wrote 1.019 initially… :lol:

Windows7 64bits, I7 930@2.8, Asus P6Tse, 6Gb ram, Radeon 5700 1Gb, track IR 4pro
ROF.exe has been going on since master server started, and still not sorted, try this try that, but the truth is the master server is the fault, OK sorting the problem drains resources, but the problem wont go away, un less there is some actual work done looking into it

No matter how good you are there are a million other people better than you boy.....Homer Simpson.

#507 Immortal_PP

Immortal_PP
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 29 July 2013 - 17:51

I have the same problem every time I click on Fly Now, can play one mission after loading the game but the game crashes with ROF.exe module msvcr80.dll. Whish someone can tell me how to get this fixed!

#508 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 29 July 2013 - 22:54

OMG - it's like playing whack-a-zombie with these necro-posts :lol: :x :lol:

@Poeppies - how about starting a new thread in this subforum, and post more details about exactly what is happening to you (which "Fly Now" mission(s) you are seeing this problem with, what mission(s) you're trying to fly next that is triggering the problem, whether you're using "mods off" or "mods on" mode, whether you're seeing it with any other mission type, exactly what error message you get, etc.) and info about your settings (e.g., which version of the game you're running, whether you've run a "recovery" from the launcher, your PC specs and game/video settings, etc.).

That way, hopefully someone will be able to help you solve your problem.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users