Version 1.019 Bugs Post Here.

• Please log in to reply
507 replies to this topic

#1 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 03 June 2011 - 19:21

After release post any bugs in this thread. Leave your soap boxes at home. Stay on topic or your post will be deleted.

Jason

#2 ICDP

ICDP

Posted 07 June 2011 - 18:23

If I enable Crossfire there is a very good chance this will happen. It seems intermittent and does not always happen but it does happen more often than not. This did happen pre 1.019 but since Crossfire was not officially supported I just disabled Crossfire. Now that Crossfire is supported I may as well post it as a bug.

I have tried many different Crossfire profiles and two different drivers (10.12 and 11.5a).

To test:

1. Enable Crossfire in RoF settings (and AMD/ATI control panel)

2. load up a quick mission and select any aircraft.

This does not seem to happen when using winter or autumn terrain.

PC Specs
Intel i7 2600K clocked at 4.7GHz (same bug occurs at standard clocks)
ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard
8Gb DDR3 1600 RAM
2x AMD HD6970 in Crossfire (AMD 11.5a Drivers)
ASUS Xonar D2 Sound Card
Windows 7 Pro 64

I have just upgraded to this system and the same bug occured (1.018) on my older i7 920 system.

EDIT: I tried Zent's suggestion of lowring my max FPS cap to 50 in the graphics settings. It didn't help. The only way to fix this problem is to hit restart mission or refly as soon as you are in the cockpit. Even this does not eliminate the problem occuring at random times in flight.

I can also now confirm it also happens in any terrain, ie

Summer
Winter
Autumn

Attached Files

#3 Firecage

Firecage

Posted 07 June 2011 - 18:26

Accuracy % missing a decimal point looks like, we are getting 2750% accuracy. Maybe should be 27.50%?

#4 s8n333x2

s8n333x2

Posted 07 June 2011 - 18:34

can't use the feild mods on my SE5 but seems works on the camel
forgot to check marks are not even there
D~ :twisted:

#5 Sherman7

Sherman7

Posted 07 June 2011 - 18:55

Can't set career mode date. Only allows Sept. 1, 1916. This only gives me 1 plane.

#6 Mogster

Mogster

Posted 07 June 2011 - 18:59

Switching from cockpit view to external and back again I get a huge framerate drop when I return to cockpit view. If I stay in cockpit view everythings great, no performance issues.

My specs are in my sig line.

#7 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 07 June 2011 - 19:01

In Multiplayer people are seeing continuous smoke/trace fire from the Breguets while they are not firing.
Tip: if the pilot/gunner in said Breguet fires a few rounds they will stop seeing it. It looks the same as the old "wheel dust" bug.

#8 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 07 June 2011 - 19:06

Can't set career mode date. Only allows Sept. 1, 1916. This only gives me 1 plane.

Not a bug. You have to click on the day of the month you want and your prefered squadron after you move the slider.

#9 Zalox

Zalox

Posted 07 June 2011 - 19:07

Started new career in Jasta 2 in Albatros DII; at first mission, I get a CTD about 10 min after take off. The first time it ocurred I noticed the sound get's low. The second time I was getting closer to the front and didn't notice any premonition before the crash to desktop.

Core i5 2.6Ghz
4GB RAM
ATI 5850 Xtreme 1GB
Win7 32bits
Settings: The same as 1.018

#10 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 07 June 2011 - 19:13

Here is a mission where our flight leader never spawned out. At the end of the mission he was missing in action.

The third pilot in our flight never started his engine throughout the entire mission.

Edit: tushka says to post the _gen files as well.

Attached Files

#11 polybazze

polybazze

Posted 07 June 2011 - 19:26

Started quickmission. Accelerated time 16X. When returned to "normal time" no all sounds were gone. Had to restart game.

Vista64
8Gig RAM
Intel QuadCore Q9400
Nvidia GTX460

#12 XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K

Posted 07 June 2011 - 19:40

I started a campaign with Jasta 11 at the earliest possible date (Sept. 1st, 1916).

For our first mission, fuel was set to a mere 22% by default. I upped mine to 25%, since I thought the sortie would be short.

The mission itself was a line patrol. En route to the frontlines, our flight of three E.III spotted two Nieuport 17 around 600-800 meters above. I shot down the first one, our flight leader shot down the second one after chasing him for a while. Later on, I chased a single D.H.2 for a few minutes, only to have my engine suddenly stutter and fail. One quick look to the fuel gauge confirmed my suspicion: The tank was empty. While gliding down to a nearby airfield, I noticed that the other planes of our flight had landed as well, so it was clear that I hadn't lost my fuel due to a leak.

After landing, the statistics looked messed up (see attached screens). While I clearly shot down the first Nieuport, my "Planes destroyed" counter did not increase; however, after having a look at the stats inbetween missions afterwards, it stated that the other pilot had in fact received his kill as confirmed as well as overall score, whereas I had several score points but no actual kills (I forgot to make a screencap of this, however).

tl;dr: Fuel calculation seems off, scoring doesn't seem to work correctly.

Attached Files

#13 Sherman7

Sherman7

Posted 07 June 2011 - 19:46

Not a bug. You have to click on the day of the month you want and your prefered squadron after you move the slider.
Thanks Gavagai, 777 server is too busy to log in and try now. I am going to move over to SimHQ to free up some space here.

#14 =J13=Emperor

=J13=Emperor

Posted 07 June 2011 - 19:54

Баги в 1.019 версии.
1)У Альбатроса Д3 отсутствует ветровое стекло, хотя на видах из ангара его видно.

Attached Files

#15 Hellbender

Hellbender
  • LocationMadrid, Spain (originally Brussels, Belgium)

Posted 07 June 2011 - 20:04

Didn't notice these stripes in the clouds before:

Also some names show up as {object Object} in the Personal room.

J5_Hellbender

#16 FREDFREDBURGER

FREDFREDBURGER

Posted 07 June 2011 - 20:06

i can't find the telegraph or camera in the dfw. please help. what buttons do i push?

#17 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 07 June 2011 - 20:13

i can't find the telegraph or camera in the dfw. please help. what buttons do i push?

They're loadouts only. Look in the Hangar screen.

#18 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 07 June 2011 - 20:14

The tag that should be defining a player's start rank is not working. Instead, the player's rank shows as a zero:

Attached File  rof 2011-06-07 13-10-02-54.jpg   55.35KB   1125 downloads

#19 FREDFREDBURGER

FREDFREDBURGER

Posted 07 June 2011 - 20:48

ok. i found it but how do i use it? what keys do i push

#20 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 07 June 2011 - 21:02

In this mission, Albatroses appeared as friendlies! :?

Attached File  _gen.zip   200.78KB   27 downloads

I also have the impression that engines are a lot less forgiving. No sooner had my needle passed over the limit than my engine died. It was in an SE5a, but Imp experienced something similar in a Camel. It was in MP.

#21 sallee

sallee

Posted 07 June 2011 - 21:21

In the DFW scenario, returning to base there are two trains with just the engines on the tracks, but the carriages (all intact) off the track. Perhaps a sign of something odd?

#22 Zent

Zent

Posted 07 June 2011 - 21:28

to ICDP and the crossfire corrupted tiles…

i had the same until i set my framelimiter (in settings startup menu) to 50 !! If i set it to 60 for instance i have the same…. pls write whether this solved the prob… using Cat 11.5…

#23 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 07 June 2011 - 21:30

In MP, the fuel load is not remembered. It keeps defaulting to 100%.

#24 Voss

Voss

Posted 07 June 2011 - 21:58

Started a career on March 18 with Jasta Boelcke

At the first click on the next day button, the loading icon ( with the beautiful dancing girl ) appeared and after 2 or 3 minutes as nothing happened I had to end task rof.exe on my desktop.

Launching again ROF with same career and pushing Next Day worked the second time.

#25 Voss

Voss

Posted 07 June 2011 - 22:09

correction career was started on march 1917 sorry for the double post

PS : I noticed the same clouds stripes as posted by IRFC Bender , and I did not noticed it before.

#26 Zent

Zent

Posted 07 June 2011 - 22:12

its not really a bug, rather a small but slightly annoying limitation… if you start a career and name your pilot, the last name cant be long… try to create "von Richthofen" and you see…. i tried "von Falckenstein"……sigh..have to use shorter names….

#27 Wildfowler

Wildfowler

Posted 07 June 2011 - 22:18

Oh my God!!! No…!!

Does this mean that great exponent of aerial combat namely Captain BIGGLESWORTH is doomed to a desk job!!

No wonder his mates only ever called him Biggles!

#28 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 07 June 2011 - 22:34

In the DFW scenario, returning to base there are two trains with just the engines on the tracks, but the carriages (all intact) off the track. Perhaps a sign of something odd?

It's a known issue.

#29 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 07 June 2011 - 22:46

In MP, the fuel load is not remembered. It keeps defaulting to 100%.

And in single-player career missions, it never defaults to 100% like it should. ;)

————-

Props seem to remain visible through the clouds:

Attached File  prop.PNG   171.6KB   691 downloads

#30 KaHzModAn

KaHzModAn

Posted 07 June 2011 - 23:20

3 bugs found in career mode, 2 minor and one more annoying

- When you create a career, you can't select the rank of your pilot by simply unfolding the menu and clicking, ranks higher than the first one are disabled : That may be a wanted behaviour, but you can select any rank using the mouse wheel on the selection box… so either one of it is probably a bug

- While selecting a date to start career, changing the date made the days disapear, i could still move the slider, with no effect since i couldnt select any other day, it happened only once and i couldn't reproduce it, returning to the main menu and back to career fixed it.

- And the important one :
I flew my first mission on 2nd September 1916, in Jasta 6, with an Eindecker, it was an offensive patrol
After crossing the front line, my flight leader attacked a balloon and crashed into it, no chance of surviving, i continued the patrol after having destroyed the balloon (or my wingmen, since he was firing at it too). After passing a heavily flak defended area, i lost my wingmen (even with external views) maybe lost to AA fire ? 2xN17 fell on me by surprise and i accidently crashed into one of them

After reching the ground and dying, i finished the mission before the "auto-quit" that happens when you die
Mission reports was that nobody died, nobody got the balloon, all stats were at 0, and the "score" for each 3 pilots of my flight (including me) was 1… I received the pilot's badge

Other mission i did, stats seemed correctly reported, but i think I had waited the auto-quit (I had died too :S!: )

#31 Heliocon

Heliocon

Posted 07 June 2011 - 23:36

1. On the Fokker (sp) DVIIF with the reflector sight, while in replay mode with the pilots head fully forward and zoomed in the camera sometimes jumps to a interior view of the geometry (the camera clips through the dashboard and sight so half the view is inside the machinegun backing/pad and the other half is where it should be but the sight is gone.
2. As others have posted clouds have lines/streaks in them, sometimes they flash in and out.
3. Sep 2nd mission, Escadrille 3, destroy the recon plane over the frontline (scramble/intercept mission with 3 planes) all the german fighters home in on me/the player while only one goes for each of my wingmates, this results in me having a constant tail of 4-5 planes behind me.

#32 Josh_Echo

Josh_Echo

Posted 07 June 2011 - 23:54

1. Replays from previous builds no longer work/they cannot be watched.

Not a bug. Read the patch notes.

#33 SYN_Mike77

SYN_Mike77

Posted 08 June 2011 - 00:01

bought a few field mods, got the email receipt saying I bought them but they dont show up in game. Only the free ones show up.

Note: I love the new gunsights! So much so that I went and bought more. Now I want them

#34 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 08 June 2011 - 00:02

bought a few field mods, got the email receipt saying I bought them but they dont show up in game. Only the free ones show up.

Note: I love the new gunsights! So much so that I went and bought more. Now I want them

http://riseofflight....pic.php?t=20561" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?t=20561

#35 WH_Phist

WH_Phist

Posted 08 June 2011 - 00:14

Loaded the patch and tried a career mission. Seems the response curves look saved in controls however the planes fly like they are not there but that's not the real problem.

After flying a career mission, on attempting to host a server, join a server, or launch a quick mission, when the load bar finishes, instead of starting to fly, my pc hard locks requiring a hard reset. This is consistent.

I can provide pc info and exact steps that cause it to the devs if they want them.

#36 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 08 June 2011 - 00:25

3 bugs found in career mode, 2 minor and one more annoying

- When you create a career, you can't select the rank of your pilot by simply unfolding the menu and clicking, ranks higher than the first one are disabled : That may be a wanted behaviour, but you can select any rank using the mouse wheel on the selection box… so either one of it is probably a bug

That's good to know. I hate letting the AI lead because it is too stupid to handle the responsibility. ;)

#37 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 08 June 2011 - 00:36

When you create a career, you can't select the rank of your pilot by simply unfolding the menu and clicking, ranks higher than the first one are disabled : That may be a wanted behaviour, but you can select any rank using the mouse wheel on the selection box… so either one of it is probably a bug

The bug is being able to select your rank with the mouse wheel. The intended behavior is that you should not be able to start a career at a certain rank until you attain in a previous career. For instance, to start a career as a Major, you have to attain that rank through promotion in a previous career.

#38 Nooney

Nooney
  • LocationOn your 6 Boooooom

Posted 08 June 2011 - 00:52

Problems updating the dedi server with new patch keep getting failed to update see log error
:( tried glass updater, master updater, and deleted all update files cept snap, still wont update any ideas?

No matter how good you are there are a million other people better than you boy.....Homer Simpson.

#39 159th_Jester

159th_Jester

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:07

Just posted in the suport forum: I just got Error code NaN in my career on click next mission.

I'm sitting with game open and need to know what to do to continue. Error message states to take no further action in the career and contact the devs.

#40 Pierre2

Pierre2
  • LocationAdelaide

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:28

ok. i found it but how do i use it? what keys do i push

Bump for this one, I cannot find where/how to operate the telegraph or camera either?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users