Photo
- - - - -

Massive Graphic Problem

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#81 Silverfox

Silverfox

Posted 19 September 2009 - 15:59

John, did you try the "Enhanced SLI by EVGA" that I suggested a few post above?

#82 JohnBanks

JohnBanks

Posted 19 September 2009 - 18:03

Yes, but i haven't tried it with SLI activated. I just installed it to get a better performance, although i doubt it really matters on my card, as i don't have a SLI setup.
I will check with SLI activated later on.
I already had the enhanced SLI driverinstalled a couple of weeks ago, but didn't test the graphic glitch issue.

#83 JohnBanks

JohnBanks

Posted 19 September 2009 - 18:44

Okay, i have just checked with SLI enabled again. The game is unplayable! It stutters like crazy and looks like flying in slow motion. This is probably the stutter bug a couple of guys reported about at the forums. Now i know what they mean. Only way to play RoF for me is without SLI.

#84 famich

famich

Posted 30 September 2009 - 19:19

Hello, a few lines before I have posted that I ve had stuttering, however, after defragmenting my HDD and uninstalling Saitek drivers everything runs fine. However, I ve started to have graphic anomalies.e.g.missing textures, "skeleteons" on the pilot seats etc .. my 295GTX runs /this game -to be sure -not overclocked on stock settings , temps are not higher than 79-80 C-which is normal /-tried the newest beta drv from Nvidia…

no go for the time being , OMG this game s got problems… and we got probs too

BTW winxp-no stuttering , but graphic problems
win 7-no graphic problems, but stuttering WTF what kind of "amusement " is that ..?

maybe it s better to wait a bit and play something else…

:|

#85 Jughead_Jones

Jughead_Jones

Posted 01 October 2009 - 02:12

maybe it s better to wait a bit and play something else…:|

Seem to be the way the wind is blowing these days in a LOT of posts. I have been amazed at the level of dysfunctionality in a lot of aspects of the game and also not to mention other parts pertaining to the company's image like the Chronopay system. After letting me purchase a plane a month ago I now have been blacklisted, and can not purchase a thing and still await a fix to reuse my pay method. Customer service is slow, even slower with the language and time barriers.

I do not think that Neoqb knew that things would transpire this way. Obviously and hopefully NOT. The fact remains they are small and beginning and there is nothing we can do about that. We (and I mean I as well) can blow wind until we are red in the face. They know what needs to be done and if luck be a lady, will turn around …VERY SLOWLY… :|

All I know when I am in the air in game … and it is running ok … I LOVE what Neoqb has done. It feels fantastic. As long as this game follows the other slow release string of previous sims we shall see piece by piece the game start feeling like that all the time when we play. Load times will come down, graphic problems will slowly erode, The SE5 and other crates will stop doing backflips, The stutters will relax there chop a bit more… Hopefully

I really want this game to be successful, Lets all stand by and hope it does if things do not improve it will fail. I will loose a few dollars investment and be very dissapointed and wish something else comes out that gives what we wanted Neoqb to deliver.

Reverting to other games at this point is not a bad idea. Gives the company time to try and work things out. I have gone back to WW2 OL for a while and I check back each patch. I more than alot of people have such trouble giving things time but….. I will do my best to get in line for a ticket of – > Image

#86 AI-Neoqb

AI-Neoqb

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:22

http://www.riseofflight.eu/">http://www.riseofflight.eu/

#87 famich

famich

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:36

Very well said, mate ! LET me to add that in Russia the time runs in a different pace / I know…./ :D

#88 famich

famich

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:53

http://www.riseofflight.eu/

What should we do in the meantime ? What vid drivers should we use, which operating system ? :P

#89 AI-Neoqb

AI-Neoqb

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:07

http://www.riseofflight.eu/

What should we do in the meantime ? What vid drivers should we use, which operating system ? :P

The only thing I can say is take a look at my system spects below. No problen at all, no suttering, no graphic problems. Joystick is Saitek Cyborg evo.

Attached Files

#90 famich

famich

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:58

I ve got i920 running at 4.0GHZ 6G of DDR 3 RAM and GTX 295- it looks that the egine + drivers on SLI are not working properly . BTW what version of drivers from Nvidia are you using ?

#91 AI-Neoqb

AI-Neoqb

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:09

I ve got i920 running at 4.0GHZ 6G of DDR 3 RAM and GTX 295- it looks that the egine + drivers on SLI are not working properly . BTW what version of drivers from Nvidia are you using ?

Pls, look at attached file…

Attached Files

#92 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:30

one thing is really strange to me…before 1006 patch the game was runnig fast and smooth…no stutters at all..not even one….now its unplayable, often ive got massive slowdown, stutters and lockpus…trackir movement is slow and like with low framerate….FPS was before the patch 60+ now its below 30 when stutter occur…

@Lefty - there are ppl with computers like yours who have stutters…..thats what its strange….something is causing this….really strange

I will send you my dxdiag when i get home from work :)

#93 famich

famich

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:34

Thanks, it looks that you are usin 181.22 , I ve thought that it d be older drivers ….will give them a try on XP , on win 7 stuttering all the way…

#94 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:37

it seams that nvidia users are more affected by system slowdonw after teo latest patches…It wouldnt be the first game which has such problems with one GPU manufacturer….

btw, @Famich - report pls how things went with older drivers…I tried with Vista, Win7 and XP, odler and new drivers - no help….It seams that the problem is something else…I can try with hyperthreadng off in BIOS…

#95 famich

famich

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:20

OK, Tvrdi, I ll give it a try - but being somewhat a seasoned ocer and a bit in IT business in general, I d say : take it easy - :D hyperthreading is beneficient .

It s not your fault , my fault, it s a deficient programming somewhere / someday / :D
it looks like Nvidia /SLI issue to me + "something " behind the scenes between 1006 and 1007 update.

Apparently they did "something " that they do not want to disclose that went bad.

BTW : I ll report back , roger.

#96 MattM

MattM

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:02

it seams that nvidia users are more affected by system slowdonw after teo latest patches…
And especially those with the GTX series, because i've seen some reports here from people with 8800 and 9800 type of cards with not problems.

So i guess it would be best for the devs to narrow this problem down to systems with a NVDIA GTX series gpu.

#97 famich

famich

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:38

Agreed

#98 taleks2

taleks2

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:41

So i guess it would be best for the devs to narrow this problem down to systems with a NVDIA GTX series gpu.
Just my personal thoughts. Probably SLI related issue on dual-GPU cards only (well, when you're going to buy some high-end videocard, you'll probably end with dual-GPUs card now).

The problem here is that SLI settings may not be changed on DirectX 9 API level, only on driver level. Although game may utilize graphics pipeline in such way (e.g. it may be something like depth buffer locks in SFR mode), that makes it hard to balance on both GPUs, it still can't manage GPUs, DirectX pushes instructions to driver and driver itself performs balancing between GPUs.

Thus, I think, good idea is to post:
1. which driver version is used on system with stutters. Driver version, DirectX version, Windows version (all may be summarized via dxdiag).
2. which compatibility settings are enabled in nHancer (if any), driver settings for DirectX applications
3. which SLI mode is chosen (Split Frame Rendering, Alternate Frame Rendering, SLI Antialiasing)
4. game graphics settings (startup.cfg, graphics section only)

#99 =IRFC=AirBiscuit

=IRFC=AirBiscuit
  • LocationNaples, FL USA

Posted 01 October 2009 - 12:05

Windows XP SP3
Asus GTX 295
Forceware 190.62

I enabled the SLI Load Balancer Graph in nHancer, and then tried the following profiles (all of which use Alternate Frame Rendering):

Driver defaults: no SLI utilization according to graph
NVidia provided rof.exe profile: typically no SLI utilization, sometimes 10%
Custom profile with all compatibility bits checked: typically some SLI utilization, sometimes 50%

I think it's worth highlighting that the latest stable nv driver includes an application profile for rof.exe, but I saw absolutely zero performance gain with it. I saw an improvement instead turning on every single compatibility bit, but this is of course inefficient, as it basically enables lots of corner case hacks in the driver. But, it's reasonable to assume that there is some combination of compatibility bits that will provide a significant performance bump for those with SLI setups. We just need to do some research to figure out what those are. Some guidance from the ROF devs would be most welcome.

=IRFC=Air Biscuit

http://quetoo.org

#100 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 01 October 2009 - 12:30

most of us with stutters doesnt have SLI GPUs btw…I tried with the latest 190.62 drivers and with all older 18x drivers…..no luck….anyway I will post my dxdiag

btw why are they keep searching the problems in our hardware or sofware (drivers) when it is cleary stated that before 1006 patch everything was fine (no stutters, no slowdowns, trackir was smooth)….its not driver related thing…nor it have anything to do with our hardware….

#101 taleks2

taleks2

Posted 01 October 2009 - 12:51

why are they keep searching the problems in our hardware or sofware (drivers) when it is cleary stated that before 1006 patch everything was fine (no stutters, no slowdowns, trackir was smooth)….its not driver related thing…nor it have anything to do with our hardware….
1. cause there may be several different problems.
2. some search work on user-side may be helpful, search work in RoF engine is performed also.

Anyway, it's was just my suggestion. I thought it might help to find problem faster.

#102 musicman

musicman

Posted 01 October 2009 - 16:20

I've been experimenting too.
I noticed that I get the wild graphic errors more so when in heavy clouds and sometimes flak bursts will cause it. This seems to trigger it. I made some quick flight missions with clouds and same mission without clouds as in clear skies. I can fly the whole dogfight on clear skies with no graphic error. Doesn't seem to matter how many planes. Same dogfight with some clouds as soon as I look at my wingman for the most part the graphics go wacko!
Do any of you think this triggers the problem? I've run it on 2 high-end machines with same results but both machines use 2 gforce 9800gtx sli. I've under clocked both cards and seem to get a little more playtime.
MY current rig runs 3 cards with hybrid sli 3 gig quad 4 and 4 gig ram. I can run with or without sli and get same results. Yes I have all the latest drivers plus EVGA SLI Enhancement.

MM

#103 famich

famich

Posted 01 October 2009 - 18:20

I have tried on my XP installation the old driver 181.22 that Lefty is using -no help-still wild psychedelic pics…. on W 7 however, using the latest WHQL 190 drivers, there is a considerable stuttering.

That renders the game practically unplayable on my side - I do request for those from us having these problems, to be able do SELECT and download upgrades up to 1006 and 1007 , that had caused all this mess . I think its fair… ;)

Again, prior to 1006 and 1007 the game was OK….

#104 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 01 October 2009 - 19:26

my dxdiag:

http://hotfile.com/dl/13936498/2076aaa/DxDiagTvrdi.rar.html

#105 famich

famich

Posted 02 October 2009 - 06:51

I am still missing some real effort from the developer s team here - "someday" in the future DX11 support, "custom " skins etc, but the game is far from stable and perfect even on DX9c…

who ll step up and say: " we are doing this or that ? "

#106 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 02 October 2009 - 08:58

I am still missing some real effort from the developer s team here - "someday" in the future DX11 support, "custom " skins etc, but the game is far from stable and perfect even on DX9c…

who ll step up and say: " we are doing this or that ? "

it is true…we have performance issues in DX9 and theyr talkin about Dx11…a bit funny IMHO

#107 Birdman1978

Birdman1978

Posted 06 October 2009 - 20:57

Hallo, i have this graphic problem or…. this graphic BUG :evil: that is a BUG
I have a Nvidia GF9800GX2 1Gby DDR3, Intel Core 2 Quad 9450, 2 Gny Ram DDR3 and Windows XP SP3. I have a lot of games and simulators running with WXP SP3 and DiectX9, and they are running OK; i dont understand why ROF will run ok only with DirectX11. :evil: :evil: :evil: This is a big BUG, and i think neoqb will repair ths bug wit a new patch. :evil:

Sorry, my english is very bad; i know it :-)

#108 taleks2

taleks2

Posted 06 October 2009 - 22:40

Hallo, i have this graphic problem or…. this graphic BUG :evil: that is a BUG
I have a Nvidia GF9800GX2 1Gby DDR3, Intel Core 2 Quad 9450, 2 Gny Ram DDR3 and Windows XP SP3. I have a lot of games and simulators running with WXP SP3 and DiectX9, and they are running OK; i dont understand why ROF will run ok only with DirectX11. :evil: :evil: :evil: This is a big BUG, and i think neoqb will repair ths bug wit a new patch. :evil:
Any details of bug? Is it same as for topic starter?
What are your settings for game graphics?

PS:
RoF runs rather well with DirectX 9, there is no public version that works with DirectX 11.

#109 Birdman1978

Birdman1978

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:04

My problem is the same everybody in this topic.

My memory requeriments in the game is 71%; that is OK; the memory isnt the problem.

:-(

I can see the graphic error when i change the sim`s views somes times :-(

Nvidia GF9800GX2 1Gby DDR3
Drivers 190.62 (the most laster)
Windows XP SP3 with laster Directx 9.0c

Salut!

#110 taleks2

taleks2

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:10

My problem is the same everybody in this topic.

My memory requeriments in the game is 71%; that is OK; the memory isnt the problem.

:-(
Is it stutters (currently discussed) or graphics corruption (original topic)?

If it is stutters, then MattM found good workaround that helped to several users already, see here http://riseofflight....=2799&start=150">viewtopic.php?f=58&t=2799&start=150
Check, if it helps you.

Graphics corruption is other problem, that is related - I think - mostly to drivers or overheat.

#111 Birdman1978

Birdman1978

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:16

My problem is Graphic corruption; the same in the original post :-)

#112 taleks2

taleks2

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:26

My problem is Graphic corruption; the same in the original post :-)

Ok, there were several reports. Something like
about 45% - is driver problem (installation of other versions cured problem)
about 45% - overheat (cooling or frequence downscale helped to avoid)
about 10% - reason unknown.

1. May you monitor overheating during game? Are problem exist even on lowest game graphics settings without posteffects?
2. May you check if game data files are not corrupted (execute {RoF install path}/bin_game/release/restore.bat and proceed as in usual updating. If it will start downloading of more than 300 Mb - probably one of graphics packs is corupted)

#113 Birdman1978

Birdman1978

Posted 07 October 2009 - 18:08

Hi, i installed the orginals driver (173.67) of my graphic card (original CD) and now ROF ¡¡ running OK !! :D :D :D thaks for help ;-)

#114 Sgt_Fixer

Sgt_Fixer

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:35

I've been coming back to this thread on and off to see if anything concrete has been resolved. Built a new i7 920 based machine running XP x64 within the past month and was hoping that all would be good. Not to be. Still having the massive graphic issues that plagued so many. Resorting to older videocard drivers is out of the question. I have other new titles that I wish to play as well and they require the latest drivers. I'm using 2 285GTXs and have 6 GB of high speed Corsair RAM. No reason why this sim should go wonky.

Was so excited when the sim was released too. Some flying buddies and I formed a virtual squadron, set up a website, brushed up on WWI history; all ready to dive into RoF. Now I suffer nothing but frustration. I'm envious of the flyers withot problems but to have 2 high end computers NOT be able to fly this sim without issue, is too much. Only common factor between my 2 builds is my 285GTX cards and Nvidia drivers of course. I'm still holding out hope for some kind of improvement. I'm willing to go out and get Win 7 if that will definitely fix the problem too. I mean we're all probably going to go Win 7 at some point down the road…..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users