Photo
- - - - -

Massive Graphic Problem

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#41 Silverfox

Silverfox

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:20

My CPU and GPU were initialy over-clocked and in SLI for the GPU's. Aside from the graphics issue I also would get frequent lockups. Thinking 1st that this may be heat realated I would run my temp monitor on both CPU and GPU's to see at what temp these issues would occur. The graphics and lockups happened at time's when the temp was below 50c on both. Temp ruled out as culprit.
Overclocking-Reset my CPU back to default speed (Q6600 2.4GHZ) from the overclocked speed of 3.27 GHZ. This of course seemed to help lower the lockups but not the graphices issue. Reset the GPU's to thier default speeds, EVGA 8800 GT 528MB (600-900-1500)each. This did not correct any problems what so ever. It was not untill I disabled the SLI that both the Lock-ups and graphics abnormalities went away.
I now have returned my CPU to 3.27 GHZ and both my video cards (Using intune optimal settings) to an overclocked state higher then what they were before plus on top of that they are over clocked at differant speeds and I do not get any lock-ups or graphic issues. The current driver I am using for the GPU's are 186.18 with DX 9.0c and XP SP3. Why the SLI messed things up I have no clue. I'm glad it cleared things up but it is getting to be a hassel to re-enable and disable SLI depending on what game i'm involved in.
So, to narrow it down it is not caused by high temp, overclocking or lack of Ram (2 gigs here).
One thing I did notice is that when in SLI mode ROF saw my vid memory as one card instead of combined memory from 2 cards.

#42 ZaltysZ

ZaltysZ

Posted 31 August 2009 - 05:51

If you are still getting lockups, you should continue searching for a problem. In worst case only the buggy program should crash (due to it being buggy), not the whole OS or computer. If whole system crashes, then there is problem in lower level (buggy driver or misbehaving hardware).

#43 Marcus2

Marcus2

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:19

Look I just tried playing Rise of Flight. 5.00pm Adelaide AUSTRALIA TIME. I get massive distorted graphics. :cry: :o :x Tried to change views and get the same. Exit the game gone back in - still the same. Tried different aircraft etc. I am getting mighty sick of this. My PC work this game before. :shock: Flew,log in a few times no problem but it had happen briefly before but now this frequent crap! :evil: I have the latest direct 9 and an ASUS 295 card on an i7 core. What the hell is going on? I want to play the game, I even purchused extra planes and was most impressed and like the sim :) :D but now this! :cry: I am being to change my mind about the product. I shouldn't have to log on to get this. I should expect to run the game like before. I feel cheated. MOST UNHAPPY SIMMER! :cry: Please programmers developers staff anyone - can you suggest what I should do? AT least IL-2 sturmovik works. Why can't I fly ROF with peace of mind that it is going to work. Hope for an answer soon from the developers, anyone or otherwise I will do business elsewhere. Sorry, You just about losted me. :shock:
Mark

#44 Marcus2

Marcus2

Posted 31 August 2009 - 11:27

The reply I got from Rise of flight about me getting massive distorted graphics was as follows: We know about these problem. These reason is the Direct X9 have a problem with support latest dual-core and SLI video systems . We are planning support DX11 in next several month and it must solve these problem, but we need same time now. :roll: :(

MY REPLY:Thanks for replying. But my card isn't or wouldn't be Dx11? Is this correct? I thought DX11 is for the next generation cards not out on the market as yet? I am confused. I run XP with my single ASUS GTX 295 card - the best single card available. ( I know it is the equal to 2 video cards but it is not running in SLI ) Will what you suggest fix the issue? I don't want to get another video card just to run this game - it isn't fair or sensible to do so. This should have been taken into account when you developed the game. It is miss leading customers, consumers. It should be corrected. No mention was made of this problem - I paid for the game and add ons when it was working so it should run. Too many developers have excuses - yet expect people to buy their products. No wonder the PC is loosing ground to consoles. (I know consoles don't make simulators but that is not the point I am making)PC just too many hassles. I will stick by you and give you time for a answer for I have no choice but I am loosing faith in the PC. :cry: I thought these issues would be solved but it is just like some of the bad old days. The PC just can't get its act together for games it seems still. Note IL2 sturmovik seems to correct issues. Luv it! :D Why can't you? The PC when it works is wonderful. Sorry, but your reply is most disappointing news. I guess I won't be flying ROF - just yet! Please inform me (if ever) when you get your act together and solve the issue for us pawns who just aren't lucky to have your test machines despite a PC that isn't cheap. As I said I am not having a dig at you directly it is just the whole development culture of the PC and gaming bugs. TOO MUCH is expected of the customers. I know developing a program can be a huge undertaking at times but your the experts and if you can't developed a product properly - don't or at least don't expect people to buy it or be happy with it. No wonder people want refunds. :shock: I said my piece. Sorry, I am just so disappointed. :P :( Regards and good luck solving the issue or issues. ROF has the potential to be a great sim. :| :)
Mark

#45 JohnBanks

JohnBanks

Posted 31 August 2009 - 16:40

Great, but what if you have Win XP? You would still use DX9 with a DX9/10 videocard. Would the glitches also dissapear under Win XP or only under Vista? I have the bad feeling that the XP users might be left alone with this bug. I hope not though!

#46 SamTrooper

SamTrooper

Posted 31 August 2009 - 20:51

DX 11 will be software backwards compatible with current generation Cards. There will however be some HARDWARE acceleration features that you wouldn't have access to unless you upgraded. Most likely when the new version of DX comes out you shouldn't have a problem bumping up to 11.

#47 Quax.

Quax.
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:07

These reason is the Direct X9 have a problem with support latest dual-core and SLI video systems

It is obviously NOT the fault of ROF´s devs. You can´t blame
them for Microsofts failure to update DX9 to be working with newer systems !
(you can blame NVIDEA as well)
You wouldn´t be able to pay a game, if game devs need to take care of faulty MS and video drivers.

Be happy, they will make it working with DX11 in the future.

#48 JohnBanks

JohnBanks

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:10

That's why i don't understand that they haven't worked with NVidia (perhaps they have but i doubt that) If it is really a Microsoft based problem with DX9, then it should be a well known bug for NVidia and ATI. Because a lot of games use DX9 these days and maybe NVidia and ATI have a workaround for that bug. Can't be that difficult for them to release a driver handling something a little bit different. I have never heard of any other game, which has similar problems regarding DX9.

#49 intramile

intramile

Posted 01 September 2009 - 12:18

@ marcus.

I have a similar cpu and graphics card to you, with XP.

It works fine, no graphics problems at all, and runs as a multi GPU.

Is "enable multi-GPU mode" set in Nvidia Control Panel? Perhaps as a profile for RoF. I ask this as at one time I did have graphics problems, the multi GPU wasn't enabled for some odd reason (think i dl'd a new version of Nvidia Contol Panel).

#50 Marcus2

Marcus2

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:18

Intramile: Well I ran the game the other night - no problem with graphics. Go figure. :!: I haven't done a thing. I will see what happens. ROF admitting they have a problem says much. Now I agree with John Banks in that ROF should work around the graphic problem and not just blame Microsoft and Nvidia. :roll: Surely developing the game they looked at issues with cards and direct x. :roll: This doesn't help passing the buck for consumers of ROF with problems. I know ROF will do their best to solve the issue. Nice sim. :)

#51 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:50

something is really wrong here…..same settings, same hardware, same OS same game….sam missions…but with new patch the gam is unplayable….this is ridiculous!

#52 CALewis

CALewis

Posted 03 September 2009 - 23:36

By the way Direct X 11 is out already - in Windows 7. Most games that use DX9 also install DX9 when installed on Windows 7. BUT no video card currently available supports DX11. I think ATI have one out soon if I remember correctly.

#53 Hi_SpeeDirt

Hi_SpeeDirt

Posted 03 September 2009 - 23:44

This is definitely on the DEVS end. ROF was running great up until the new patch and my PC has WinXP, 8400 duocore, 8800gts 512mb in SLI, 4gb ram. After the patch, ran a mission, now I'm getting Graphic Rainbows which I never had before.

#54 Del-Dredd

Del-Dredd

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:24

Very weired why a number of people are having problems after the patch and I assume, most do not, or there would massive number of postings about it.
Looked like Nvidia graphics and I7 processors with Vista having the FPS slowdowns at first but that seems to have changed now.
Hopefully they are looking at problems and sort a fix for those afflicted.

I myself do not have problems, it has actually got better.

Core 2 Quad Q6600 standard, ATI HD4890, 4Gb ram, XP SP3, Soundblaster XFI Extreme PCIe card, 700W PSU.

Del

#55 JohnBanks

JohnBanks

Posted 04 September 2009 - 08:05

It's weird Dredd. The Devs said that it's a problem with multicore CPUs and SLI related to DX9. You have a quad core and you use XP with DX 9 and you aren't getting these glitches. So something about what the devs posted is wrong. If it would be like they said, it would effect almost everybody!
I don't even have a SLI setup and i am getting these so called SLI/DX9 related issues. I have installed the patch yesterday and didn't even manage to get off the ground before the terrain got an LSD trip. It's getting worse with each patch. The game was great right after release. No problems whatsoever. And now this.
And there are more and more people confirming the graphic anomalies.
If they really need a couple of months to release a fix, then they have lost quite some customers by that time. It's five minutes to midnight i'd say and i am about to wipe the game from my drive for good. Guess i am not alone.

#56 Hi_SpeeDirt

Hi_SpeeDirt

Posted 05 September 2009 - 02:29

Thanks Silverfox, disabled SLI in nvidia control panel, Graphic corruption is gone and flew a couple of missions with no problems. At least it's a work around for now.
GTX 295 users might be out of luck, the dual GPU are bridged and SLI takes place internally, not sure if you can disable SLI. Would be nice if you could use the second GPU to help with the Physics, but haven't seen any support for that.

#57 Silverfox

Silverfox

Posted 05 September 2009 - 04:51

Quote: "Would be nice if you could use the second GPU to help with the Physics, but haven't seen any support for that."

Your welcome Hi_SpeeDirt. According to Nvidia in the control panel when you have SLI disabled it says:

"If you have identical graphics cards, Physx will run on a GPU that is not driving the primary display."

But I do not know if ROF even supports Physx.

#58 JohnBanks

JohnBanks

Posted 05 September 2009 - 12:11

It does not. But i could try and disable the multi GPU mode in the control panel. Guess the game would use a single GPU only. Although i doubt that the internal SLI setup of the GTX 295 really matters to the game. For games, i only have a single card.
Beside that, people ith single GPU cards reported the same glitches. But i will give that a try later today. Hope the decrease in performance isn't too high.

#59 ZaltysZ

ZaltysZ

Posted 05 September 2009 - 13:45

JohnBanks,

your motherboard has ability to spread spectrum of PCI-E. Check in BIOS and make sure it is disabled. That option is at the bottom of "AI Tweaker" tab.

#60 JohnBanks

JohnBanks

Posted 05 September 2009 - 15:46

Thanks! I will give that a try. I think it already is but i am not sure.

Attached Files

• Attached File  kuk1.jpg   264.86KB   5 downloads

#61 JohnBanks

JohnBanks

Posted 05 September 2009 - 21:34

Yep spread spectrum was already disabled.

#62 Marcus2

Marcus2

Posted 06 September 2009 - 13:05

ROF, I just purchased the Albatross D3. :) Thank you for this beautiful aircraft and the SE5a but unfortuneately the game is still full of bugs. :!: :evil: Graphic issues - when are they ever going to solve them? I know it takes time - direct x 11! :!: :( :x OH, memory I checked and its fine. I flew for a bit - no problem then tried a career then the graphics crap came into play. I am getting mighty tired of trying to play to have the fun spoilt by graphical and freeze issues. I tried to even exit at the main menu and it frooze. I am getting sick of rebooting now and then for this product to work (if it does on the day) beautiful or not. IL-2 is far better. Sorry I loved to support ROF but they don't make it easy. What a bug driven product! Hopefully ROF will solve the issues soon or someday. Oh, well it's back to other sims. I will keep in contact testing and hoping for a resolve. It shouldn't be like this! GOOD LUCK PEOPLE! With more control options, gunsight views, help and gaphics issues corrected this would be one of the top sims ever. Just too buggie, too little options that hold it back. ROF team listen to the people! NOTE: Now for the simmers who have no problems with the sim remember others who ain't so lucky - don't go on and say I'm alright Jack blow the rest - something I notice with certain simmers. :( My card is a ASUS 295. I have 8 mb of RAM and I am using XP on i7core 3.6mhz. ROF team good luck I know you are trying just you are getting would be pilots and aces frustrated! :!: :roll: Hope the sim has a long life. :)
Marcus

#63 JohnBanks

JohnBanks

Posted 06 September 2009 - 13:55

Same card here Marcus. Can you try to play RoF with SLI disabled in the NVidia setup menu?

#64 Del-Dredd

Del-Dredd

Posted 07 September 2009 - 20:41

Is that 8Gb ram in Marcus's machine, bit of a waste if using XP.

Del

#65 Marcus2

Marcus2

Posted 08 September 2009 - 01:10

Del-Dredd I have a dual boot system. XP and Vista64. 8-) Find some stuff don't work well with Vista but some stuff ok for directx 10. Vista64 can make use of 8 MB RAM.

Reply Johnbanks - ASUS 295 - one graphic card.

#66 vond

vond

Posted 08 September 2009 - 04:57

Same problem here, using 2 9800 GTX+ SLI,only started seeing graphic after latetest update…

#67 JohnBanks

JohnBanks

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:40

Marcus, i have the same card, but it functions as a SLI setup internally. You can disable SLI in the NVidia control panel. That way, both GPUs work indipendent from each other. Maybe that helps. I could fly without glitches for an hour the last time i trid RoF. Don't know if it was just luck or not.

#68 WW1EAF_Ming

WW1EAF_Ming

Posted 08 September 2009 - 13:58

Now for the simmers who have no problems with the sim remember others who ain't so lucky - don't go on and say I'm alright Jack blow the rest - something I notice with certain simmers

Perhaps you aren't a technician Marcus

The usefulness of the 'I've got the same kit and mine works ok' reply is to let you know that it may be a problem at your end, this is useful information

Being emotional when things aren't going well leads one to see this sort of useful information as being got-at, eventually people will give up trying to help you

I am getting mighty tired of trying to play to have the fun spoilt by graphical and freeze issues.

I have a similar system to you apart from Vista x64 and I don't experience your problems

Other problems yep but not this one :)

Ming

#69 JohnBanks

JohnBanks

Posted 08 September 2009 - 16:09

Ming, are you getting these issues or are you one of the lucky ones who don't?

#70 johnan

johnan

Posted 08 September 2009 - 16:24

Apologies if this has been suggested before, but I have a GTX 295 and some of the fields visible from the cockpit were "flashing" black, on and off, and some of the clouds were shimmering very noticeably.
I tried the latest Beta version of Nhancer (for Vista 64)just as an experiment and clicked a few boxes without much thought and amazingly the graphics are now back to normal!
Maybe I have just been lucky, but the game is now immersive again.
(I had been running it on a different system before without graphic problems but too slowly)
Perhaps others may be as fortunate as me if they try Nhancer too.

#71 Dfoehammer

Dfoehammer

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:13

Ok..I am now getting issues with crashing. I hadn't really tried ot fly since the last patch (been busy with other stuff), but I tried to fly tonight, and everythign loads okay..get into the mission a few mintues and wham..black screen lockup…hear sounds like game is stil playing, but totally lose visuals. Can't get out of it either (hear plane crash eventually), can't alt Tab out, or anything. Have to power off even though it doesm't technically seem locked up. It is some kind of graphicas issue. Game worked great for me before th elast patch (of course not until I did some tweaking to get it working before). I havn't tried to tweak anythign yet, but somthing DEFINITELY changed wiht the last patch that is affecting the graphics.

I am running WINXP PRO SP3 with a Quad Core Intel nvidia 680SLI MB, 2GB Corsair RAM with dual 8800GTX's. I am goign to try and do some tweaks tommorrow and see if I can't get it to run without problems once again. But undoubtedly, somthing in the last patch changed the way graphics working. SSeems like it is an nvidia issue. I am running 190.38 drivers (i think) they do have a newer one available now..but havn't loaded it) Anyways…probably an SLI /physix issue, but I didn't change anything..it somthign they changed in the last patch for sure cuz I had no issues previous to last patch.

#72 Dfoehammer

Dfoehammer

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:57

Okay…checked my nvidia profile I had setup previously for ROF and it was gone. Perhaps the patch renamed the ROF.exe file or somthing ? In any event, I setup a new profile, made a few tweaks to it, and my issue is apparently resolved (only tested one mission, but it went without a hitch, so am assuming it's fixed).

#73 Herbs107

Herbs107

Posted 09 September 2009 - 03:06

Dfoehammer,
as well as the black screens you were getting, when you could play, were you getting stuttering or lag?

#74 Tiger27

Tiger27

Posted 09 September 2009 - 03:56

While at this stage I am one of the lucky ones without stutters I was just wondering if those with stutters have the physx component activated, it is annoying when this sort of thing happens after a patch, happened quite a bit in IL2, only difference was the patches weren't enforced.

#75 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 09 September 2009 - 06:28

While at this stage I am one of the lucky ones without stutters I was just wondering if those with stutters have the physx component activated, it is annoying when this sort of thing happens after a patch, happened quite a bit in IL2, only difference was the patches weren't enforced.

yes I have physx activated? Why?

#76 Herbs107

Herbs107

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:34

Well firstly ROF doesnt support Physx, and it shouldnt affect the game having it on anyway. But i have my disabled for all games.

#77 Silverfox

Silverfox

Posted 11 September 2009 - 01:43

I just downloaded and installed Enhanced SLI by EVGA. Since disabling SLI I have not had graphic issues but now with the Enhanced SLI installed I was able to re-enable my SLI and have not had any problems. Enhanced SLI is also used for the single GPU's that act as dual such as the 295. You might want to give it a try if you have not already. Even though ROF does not support SLI nor Phsyx this enhanced may help in clearing up some of the graphics issues.

http://www.evga.com">http://www.evga.com

Best of luck.

#78 JohnBanks

JohnBanks

Posted 11 September 2009 - 16:40

I could also fly with glitches lately since i have disabled SLI. I hope it stays that way. Only drawback is a decrease of performance and the game runs slighty choppy. But maybe that's due to the latest patch.

#79 Marcus2

Marcus2

Posted 15 September 2009 - 05:10

Ming - No I am not a technican or should need to be one. I appreciate John Banks helpful hints etc. but yours I do not. :evil: I don't need a lecture on being emotional - either things work or they don't and for a lot of people they clearly don't. :x Emotional - yeah so what! :!: ROF have certain issues that clearly haven't been properly addressed. Hope ROF will have a long history. :)

#80 JohnBanks

JohnBanks

Posted 19 September 2009 - 13:50

I think disabling the SLI function in the NVidia control panel fixed the glitches for me. Although i don't really have a SLI card, it seems to matter for the game. I have been flying without any glitches for a couple of days now. When they fix the stutters in the next patch, i can even live without the DX11 support, as i think i don't really have a loss in performance without SLI.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users