Photo
- - - - -

Open Mod's for ROF

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#81 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 08 July 2012 - 23:51

Rama, I apologize if you saw my comment as a straw-man. It was not intended that way.

As for this discussion, I am not looking for a lecture about forum protocol. Is it really necessary? Conversations naturally stray a bit from the original topic.

You are here and I was wondering, so I decided to ask. If you don't care to answer straight away then say so. Thanks.

#82 JimmyBlonde

JimmyBlonde

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:01

Never really learned it… and I'm missing a lot of vocabulary.
But I worked in countries where neither French or German were commonly used… had no other choice than to "learn on practice".

That's incredible!

Your vocab is pretty good for someone with no formal training and as Luke said, your writing is very coherent and I would add that it is very articulate for someone in your situation.

Practice your tenses and the rest will fall into place for you I think, this site might help.

http://www.ego4u.com/en/cram-up/grammar/tenses

Try and keep your tenses consistent within a piece of writing and learn to pick the appropriate one for the job.

#83 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:55

Planes aren't the only thing that people want from modding, this isn't FSX after all.

Mmmm, reading a lot on early war 2 seaters and there seems to be no way to go for by 777, guess this way for mods could be very intresting :geek: If these planes are AI even the secrit qualities 777 is demanding, these could be even a bit lower. My early war scouts needs some decent food, to hunt at.

But to start we could maybe better go for static objects, incase some funny modders include hacked jetdriven planes.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#84 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:06

777 quality control does work and i hope remains constant with regard to planes.
I hope it remains a constant for many many year.

You will not see jetplanes in rof with 777 , unless they allow and say yes to approval quality.

Regarding static objects

The biggest mistake is your own heart and wishes , you will want more than your cababilities will allow and infant baby steps is the very best way to go forward.
No point making a 3d model of the engineer and then animating the biped to walk over to the front of your plane and start the prop.
that example would be doomed to fail because of its complex management and work and time it would take.

Best to make a tree or a wooden box or Briefing tent / hut , something basic and easier to make so you can learn the basic rules , this way your next project can be slightly and i do say slightly more complicated 3d object.

Example
wooden bridge , or warehouse with crates outside, coastal port Jetty ,so boats can Stop ! and unload , load new cargo, maybe even a crane !

not basic but not to complicated either , the above example you could learn alpha channel cutting and how to build your learning of whats allowed and what works best.

Ok, im waffling so catchya later :)

#85 zachanscom

zachanscom

Posted 10 July 2012 - 18:28

fort douaumont downloaded from sketchup gallery and fixed to look like ww1 condition

#86 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 11 July 2012 - 00:17

zachanscom

If you think you can download a object and get it into rof your dreaming wake up :)

1 its polygons will be to high i think the limit is 1200
2 the way its made , how the polgons are arranged within the object, will not compliment the dynamic lighting and so look poor quality.
3 smoothing groups hassles that would mean so much rework it would be faster to rebuild in the style rof objects are built than re-edit what you have.

Sorry if im blunt but just like and admire the quality we have present day

BUT !

A perfect example of what the heart would love to build but infant baby steps are needed before hand

A wooden box ( easier smoothing group , texturing so you can learn to add the object to the ROF Sim )

A Tent ( again easier object but slightly more polygons so you see the amount of work goes into a object its not just 4 side polgons , it will have guide wires and inside polgons. )

A Brush / shrub / Tree ( This is totally different style than above 2 objects = billboard style were texturing is important learning )

etc.

#87 zachanscom

zachanscom

Posted 11 July 2012 - 00:46

i will continue to find more models optimized for game conditions. but fort douaumont only found on sketchup gallery. i have a thought, if it's post battle of verdun conditions, all that is required is a slightly raised hillock model, with texture and normal map, because it has been flattened.

#88 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 11 July 2012 - 00:49

zach you may as well build it , to find it is waste of time and you would not be learning the basic rule from the ground up

Plus you need 3d max studios 8 to add objects using exporter tool to rof

#89 zachanscom

zachanscom

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:31

export tool is built into 3d max studio 8? anyone seeking to update it to new 3ds max? i may be able to get the demo for 3ds max 2012

#90 Nooney

Nooney
  • LocationOn your 6 Boooooom

Posted 13 August 2012 - 18:26

Game on http://riseofflight....pic.php?t=31847" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?t=31847

#91 Bf-110

Bf-110

Posted 14 August 2012 - 00:21

Thought that was the Pentagon…

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users