Creating Coop from Pat Wilson's Campaign Generator
Posted 03 May 2011 - 19:18
I created a mission with PWCG. I opened it in ME and check Cooperative on all the aircraft I want in the coop as flyable. I also changed the file type to coop and saved it in the Multiplayer/Coop folder. When I create a coop server the file is not listed. Do I need to delete the msbin extension file?
I realize there may be other changes needed to the file to make it more playable but I want to get to the point where I at least see it listed as an available MP coop mission and can load it.
Also, is there a manual to PWCG? BTW, that's a great addition to ROF, thank you!!
Thanks for any help.
Posted 03 May 2011 - 19:25
He's the one talk to, though.
It's way above my pay grade
Posted 03 May 2011 - 20:17
If the mission files are saved in the multiplay/cooperative folder and the mission type is set to "coop" you should be able to view and load the mission. If you have at least 1 aircraft set as "coop start", you should be able to play it too.
Edit: I have noticed that a slash (/) will prevent much of the mission description from being displayed, so avoid using it.
Posted 03 May 2011 - 21:32
1. Change Mission Type to Coop.
2. Delete player aircraft.
3. Make one or more airfields entities.
4. Define aircraft for these airfields.
5. Set Influence Areas for each side.
6. Set all Countries not needed to neutral.
7. Save file to multiplayer/cooperative folder.
Will try this out and see what happens.
Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:44
1. Within "Mission Properties", change the Mission Type to "Cooperative".
2. Within the properties for each playable aircraft, place a check in "Cooperative start".
3. Click on "File", "Save As" and save it to the multiplayer/cooperative folder with a unique filename.
When done, start up a coop game in RoF, choose your mission and enjoy!
Edit: It's possible to make these changes without using overhead mode at all. If you want to add additional aircraft to the flight, you'll want to use overhead (2D) mode.
To add additional aircraft to your flight (after completing the steps above):
1. Click on the "Toggle Camera" button (The black arrow) to enter overhead (2D) mode.
2. From the mission tree, right-click on the player (its name is specified in PWCG) aircraft, and choose "move camera to object"
3. Zoom in until you can see the individual aircraft, left-click on the player aircraft (Assuming you've already set it to "Cooperative Start") to highlight it and then right-click on the player aircraft to choose "copy" (CTRL+C).
4. Right-click elsewhere on the field/map, choose "Paste" (CTRL+V) and position the new aircraft how you like. You may want to rename it (and the others) at this point. If starting from an aerodrome, be sure to set the new aircraft firmly on the ground with the "Set on ground" button (the green arrow).
5. If you want the new aircraft to take off with the player aircraft as AI, right-click, choose "add target" under "Selected Object Menu" and click on the player aircraft to create a red target link to it.
6. Repeat Steps 5 and 6 for each additional aircraft you want in your flight.
7. Click on "File" and "Save"
Posted 04 May 2011 - 15:29
Now that I have the steps and know it works I will try again on a PWCG mission file.
Thanks for your help and everyone's comments.
Posted 04 May 2011 - 20:39
I was very careful to change all aircraft and there were quite a few. There has to be something else due to its complexity that needs changing.
Posted 05 May 2011 - 00:14
Best of luck to you though
Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:02
Posted 08 May 2011 - 19:15
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users