Photo
- - - - -

Sayan`s fiktional skin Albatros D.III

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Sayan

Sayan

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:48

Скачка / Download here: http://files.mail.ru/Q8CAVM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://files.mail.ru/Q8CAVM

Attached Files

• Attached File  AD3.jpg   483.7KB   1028 downloads

#2 FlyingShark

FlyingShark

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:53

I like it, yes.

:S!:

You can vote my post up by clicking the green arrow on the right.

#3 Huetz

Huetz

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:09

Looking nice, however, what kind of national marking is that?

#4 voi

voi

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:29

Квадрат - это же знак ЦД! Российский, пардон, вообще непонятно чей триколор в квадрате? Хммм… оригинально :) Просьба автора пояснить мысль.

#5 Keks_pilot

Keks_pilot

Posted 29 April 2011 - 13:12

Александр! Приятно иметь свой самоль ))).

#6 Sayan

Sayan

Posted 29 April 2011 - 14:08

Looking nice, however, what kind of national marking is that?

This It / Вот этот: http://ru.wikipedia....g_of_Crimea.svg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://ru.wikipedia.... … Crimea.svg

Квадрат - это же знак ЦД! Российский, пардон, вообще непонятно чей триколор в квадрате? Хммм… оригинально :) Просьба автора пояснить мысль.

Почему квадрат? Поясняю замысль :D
Мне, скажем так, немецкие самолеты нравятся, а их кресты не очень нравятся.
Когда я озвездатил своего Фоккера7Ф и Пф-12 то люди кто не понял и честно спросил, кто начал минуса тискать.
До их сознания как-то не дошло, что скин из серии "For Fun"
Но с другой стороны, кокарды на нем. самолетах-ну, это мягко говоря полный бред…
Надо что нибудь третье…Вот оно и придумалось- вымышленные ОЗ.
Было несколько вариантов: http://riseofflight....17876&mode=view" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">download/file.php?id=17876&mode=view
Может сейчас "правоверные тевтоны" не будут возмущаццо :0o:
А шо такое ЦД ?

Александр! Приятно иметь свой самоль ))).
Отож…Но не факт, что его одобрят.

#7 voi

voi

Posted 29 April 2011 - 14:21

Ага, с флагом ясно, но почему квадрат? Предрасположенность к ЦД? Историческая параллель с УНР?

#8 voi

voi

Posted 29 April 2011 - 14:27

Не, честно говоря, не нравятся мне такие ОЗ. Типа у турков увел самолет, за долги ли, просто патамучта понравился… И не долго думая, размалевал под свой цвет :) Вот такие ассоциации :) Но, спасибо за разъяснения, голосую за :)

#9 voi

voi

Posted 29 April 2011 - 14:29

А шо такое ЦД ?
Центральные державы АКА Тройственный союз.

#10 Huetz

Huetz

Posted 29 April 2011 - 16:59

Thanks for the info, voted yes :)

#11 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 29 April 2011 - 17:24

Sorry, I had to vote no. I like the skin itself but your font look like 1960'era. Not so much the "7" but for sure the name under the cat.

Also not to fond of the fictional insignia.

On a positive note, I like the camo :)

Cheers

#12 J2_Wallenberg

J2_Wallenberg

Posted 29 April 2011 - 20:18

I like the camo too, and I beg to differ with Adam here; I am no expert on cyrillic fonts, but already in early 20th century with art movements like Constructivism and Futurism having their influence probably, typefaces bloomed (owing to their appliance in futurist poster art and the upcoming political movements' propaganda), it seems possible to me, as much as Austrian art nouveau fonts sometimes look like 1960.

To sum it up, every font you can imagine having been painted on a Russian WWII plane can be applied to as early as 1915. Educated guessing, though.

#13 Pigmachine

Pigmachine

Posted 29 April 2011 - 20:40

Got a yes!

#14 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 29 April 2011 - 20:55

Yo0u just seem to post skins that are meant to confuse you either with entente planes, with ground textures, or with both. Voting no to what I think is an exploit skin for multiplayer.

#15 J2_Sturm

J2_Sturm

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:22

While I like the colour scheme, the national markings are going to cause confusion.

Could I suggest putting the coloured square on the side below the cockpit as a "Personal insignia" and having normal markings ?
Have not voted yet.

#16 Sayan

Sayan

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:45

Yo0u just seem to post skins that are meant to confuse you either with entente planes, with ground textures, or with both. Voting no to what I think is an exploit skin for multiplayer.

Replace the tricolor squares on the red stars?

#17 voi

voi

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:10

Yea!

#18 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:56

How about black crosses? ;)

#19 Sayan

Sayan

Posted 04 May 2011 - 13:52

How about black crosses? ;)
H-m-m…
This theme- "For Fun"
Teuton crosses- in "Historical skins" ;)
Оr do you think Russian markings worse than others?

#20 Huetz

Huetz

Posted 04 May 2011 - 14:15

To be fair, I think the skin is alright as it is. The national markings are a just taking away the necessary step of thinking before firing. Not a big deal if they are gone.

In either case, if anyone finds the skin confusing, he can just as well delete it after the inclusion.

#21 J2_squid

J2_squid

Posted 04 May 2011 - 15:55

I love the skin also, but think the markings could be confusing as to my eyes they look like RFC markings but in squares.

I agree though VH that individuals could delete it if they dont like it. But then again, why not accept every skin without a vote and just delete them later?

This might be easier if we had a skin browser that we could quickly review each skin with.

I havent voted on this one…yet ;)

#22 Pigmachine

Pigmachine

Posted 04 May 2011 - 16:05

I love the skin also, but think the markings could be confusing as to my eyes they look like RFC markings but in squares.

I agree though VH that individuals could delete it if they dont like it. But then again, why not accept every skin without a vote and just delete them later?

This might be easier if we had a skin browser that we could quickly review each skin with.

I havent voted on this one…yet ;)

the rise of flight\bin_viewer\release\UserViewer.exe could be considered as a skinbrowser in my point of view?

#23 J2_squid

J2_squid

Posted 04 May 2011 - 16:07

True pigmachine, but I want to be able to click through thumbnails and delete from the same application

#24 Pigmachine

Pigmachine

Posted 04 May 2011 - 16:12

True pigmachine, but I want to be able to click through thumbnails and delete from the same application

Sadly a thumb viewer wouldn't see all the parts of the plane in it's place, but it's a good idea to have a fast browse/delete option.

#25 Stickyfinger

Stickyfinger

Posted 04 May 2011 - 21:07

Yep Like it

SF

#26 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:46

Hey Squid - check out the great tool Laser created for me/us that should be a great way to do just what you want to do - see this thread: Beta Skin Manager for Rise of Flight (beta03)

Poll concluded; thread locked.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 42.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users