Markow

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:10

:S!:

campribV.png

#122 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 07 June 2015 - 07:10

And it all vanished in silence. 

If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#123 ZachariasX

ZachariasX

Posted 07 June 2015 - 07:39

And it all vanished in silence. 

It vanished into the A2A forum.

#124 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 07 June 2015 - 09:27

It vanished into the A2A forum.

Even there so, pity he can not ported into Rof, guess this is a RoF forum and not a MSFS forum?????? 

Sure 777 will have some criticism about this planes quality, like they published in the Simhq interview about the sent in plane designs, but even if so, then this can be used as an AI plane, GM/FM/DM must be not that complex as a flyable plane.  

If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#125 ZachariasX

ZachariasX

Posted 07 June 2015 - 11:06

Even there so, pity he can not ported into Rof, guess this is a RoF forum and not a MSFS forum?????? 

Sure 777 will have some criticism about this planes quality, like they published in the Simhq interview about the sent in plane designs, but even if so, then this can be used as an AI plane, GM/FM/DM must be not that complex as a flyable plane.  

As mentioned in other threads, even though RoF and FSX seem to interpret plane data in a similar sort of fashion, RoF (in contrast to FSX) shares some properties among planes. This means porting things to RoF may be less trivial than it looks like.

What is also of note that the Oeffag now goes for $12.99 and the AVRO 504 K goes for $19.99. Without weapons, without a DM. I saw that there are obviously some folks here who wouldn't mind paying that, as for the rest, they wait until it goes for like $2.99. It would be interessting to see the price range where most planes actually sell for (but one can't ask Jason to disclose tho core of his busines). Personally, I think selling / having to sell planes in the price range we pay in RoF is a different business than selling planes for the amout of money A2A or DCS asks. As for us, one can only ask for what we pay for.

If you were a 3rd party producer, where would you sell your item? The place that lets you ask $20 for your item or the one that lets you sell it for $7? IF (I don't claim this to be the case) 777 was realy not interessted, then why would that be? Could it be that integrating a new item in RoF woud indeed require all other items to be checked as well and thus bring a further and significant overhead?

Some people thing this is all a fiendish scheme. I think: just because something is a great idea, it doesn't necessarily have to be a good business. 

#126 Bf-110

Bf-110

Posted 14 June 2015 - 01:48

I've been wondering why people been arguing whether this plane may be ported to RoF,and something had struck me: Is there any problem that isn't about codes and FM/DM that prevents Lucs's model to be used in RoF? More specifically,it was ported to another game. Does that mean it became copyrighted material and can't be used in another game?

#127 ZachariasX

ZachariasX

Posted 14 June 2015 - 07:29

I've been wondering why people been arguing whether this plane may be ported to RoF,and something had struck me: Is there any problem that isn't about codes and FM/DM that prevents Lucs's model to be used in RoF? More specifically,it was ported to another game. Does that mean it became copyrighted material and can't be used in another game?

If Lucas made the model, then it should be his to decide the trems of "giving it away for a sim". From what I read about the model is that in the current state, the poly count is too high for RoF. It had to be adjusted. Just adjusting the nose section of the RoF Albie to make it a convincing Oeffag is also a way to do it, without having much more work.

It appears to me that the main issue lies in the fact that you can't add a plane in RoF as for instance you can do with FSX.  FSX is specifically made to be open for 3rd party devs to add stuff. So Lucas sells it there with A2A as a publisher. In RoF you have a controlled environment, as this is the very core of sim and the underlying business model. MS tried that approach as well in FLIGHT, and we know how that worked for them. For 777 it is the way they make money from the sim, still allowing $0 as entry fee (F2P) instead if like $99 or so as FSX sold for when it came out. You casual gamer seems to be wary of spending more than $40, and this only for gams they know that they will like. 

It seems that 777 rather invests their employees work on BoX, because the make more money per $ invested than RoF. Adding a plane, updating the binaries oftbe game and testing it before release doesn't come for free. It is always an investment. If they add a plane, then only when they are very sure that it will generate reasonable revenue. Like adding the S-16, where,apart from having another plane to sell, you (hopefully) can tap a new customer segment. There they did more than "just adding a plane".

It is hard to stay afloat in the sim market. 777 manages to do so, because they often do the reasonable thing, even though it might not be first choice of a customer. But as long as they are there and make sims, there is hope. ;)

Z

#128 1PL-Lucas-1Esk

1PL-Lucas-1Esk
  • LocationPoland/Warsaw

Posted 14 July 2015 - 00:19

No, it was not "ported". There was a time that the model met the RoF requirements speaking of polygons. But later, as there was no feedback, we decided to make it for the FSX. During some work we increased polycount.

Honestly speaking - it would be far easier for Devs to use their Alb D.III, cut the nose, add new one with different engine and rework the cockpit. And I am glad that at least the S.16 and S.22 were added to RoF.

1PL-Lucas
CO of 1.Pułk Lotniczy
http://1pl.boo.pl

#129 Capitanstratos

Capitanstratos

Posted 19 July 2015 - 16:43

A real shame we cannot have this for Polish-Soviet war. Devs seem not really interested, so is time to get back to Il2 and the proper planes used in the conflict.

#130 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 26 July 2015 - 13:26

A real shame we cannot have this for Polish-Soviet war. Devs seem not really interested, so is time to get back to Il2 and the proper planes used in the conflict.

Yes this plane would be a great addition to Rise of Flight, but the Polish-Soviet war is post WW 1.  

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#131 Capitanstratos

Capitanstratos

Posted 26 July 2015 - 17:10

Yes this plane would be a great addition to Rise of Flight, but the Polish-Soviet war is post WW 1.  

Yes, but we have almost all the planes used, and can be real fun. Only one plane to go, wondering what developers have in mind for the near future.

#132 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 26 July 2015 - 20:32

Yes, but we have almost all the planes used, and can be real fun. Only one plane to go, wondering what developers have in mind for the near future.

I think that 777/1C will not invest in planes nor in maps that are not selling and only making loss. The IM eastern front game wasn't a real success, no this must be a big financial disaster, guess I was the only one that did buy this IM-game. So if this Polish map and plane set is not free for 777/1C and the ROF-implementation can not be limited to the minimum in labour/cost, I see nothing happing in that direction. 

For the future, I'm looking now in my crystal ball, to extend the games lifetime the following action will be done by 777/1C:

-]. The improvements, [that are not causing a lot of labour or cost], from BoS, will be ported to RoF.

-]. I see two new planes, mainly for MP scene: the Snipe and if this planes does give a good ROC, the Siemens D?  

By the end of 2018 the announcement will be made for transferring to Steam, game is at his end of lifetime, for people who willing to do this, maybe a free present will be made like a the Pfalz DXII with a Mercedes engine, to keep the DVD buyers, satisfied.  This version must be somewhere on a backup Harddisk at a 777 desk. 

No compatibility developments are made for the new Win2019 OS, so this is the end of RoF.

On the other hand OFF will finally ported to the Clod-ATAG or DCS engine and will make us remember RoF as we do now for RB3d.  

edit: sorry for my bad behavior, but I could not resist to write this .  :icon_lol:

#133 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 27 July 2015 - 21:18

For the future, I'm looking now in my crystal ball,

Could you look up some lottery numbers for me?

a free present will be made like a the Pfalz DXII with a Mercedes engine

Well that's what we should have now, instead of the DXIIf. 

#134 ZachariasX

ZachariasX

Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:56

I  [...] guess I was the only one that did buy this IM-game.

No.

#135 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:18

Well that's what we should have now, instead of the DXIIf. 

There were more D.XIIFs in existence than S-16, possibly S-22s ;) .

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#136 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 28 July 2015 - 11:49

There were more D.XIIFs in existence than S-16, possibly S-22s ;) .

Yep on both, 18 S-16's and 83 Ilya Muromets,(all types) to 84 D.XII's, if you can believe the interlieingnet. :D

#137 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:16

See that the most repliers are 2011 reggies or later, but here is the deal, the first DXII did have the mercedes engine later this was changed into the BWM. I know that plane was rather useless and I guess to keep the DXII sales above design investments, they changed it to something more useful in combat. If I well can remember also lots of complains were generated from this forum after this change, do not know the influence on the sales.  Guess still the best way was to keep both engines in the store, but Russians are always unpredictable on that.  

edit: BTW I'm talking about the DXII in this game!!!

#138 1PL-Lucas-1Esk

1PL-Lucas-1Esk
  • LocationPoland/Warsaw

Posted 29 July 2015 - 15:54

I think that 777/1C will not invest in planes nor in maps that are not selling and only making loss. The IM eastern front game wasn't a real success, no this must be a big financial disaster, guess I was the only one that did buy this IM-game. So if this Polish map and plane set is not free for 777/1C and the ROF-implementation can not be limited to the minimum in labour/cost, I see nothing happing in that direction. 

For the future, I'm looking now in my crystal ball, to extend the games lifetime the following action will be done by 777/1C:

-]. The improvements, [that are not causing a lot of labour or cost], from BoS, will be ported to RoF.

-]. I see two new planes, mainly for MP scene: the Snipe and if this planes does give a good ROC, the Siemens D?  

By the end of 2018 the announcement will be made for transferring to Steam, game is at his end of lifetime, for people who willing to do this, maybe a free present will be made like a the Pfalz DXII with a Mercedes engine, to keep the DVD buyers, satisfied.  This version must be somewhere on a backup Harddisk at a 777 desk. 

No compatibility developments are made for the new Win2019 OS, so this is the end of RoF.

On the other hand OFF will finally ported to the Clod-ATAG or DCS engine and will make us remember RoF as we do now for RB3d.  

edit: sorry for my bad behavior, but I could not resist to write this .  :icon_lol:

Yes, that map project should be open for everyone, as a mod or for the mods off mode. This is just too niche and me and my temmates are making it for fun, just like we did a dedicated 1920/1939 mod for the Targetware engine eight years ago. Once we will have some more WIP pictures Iam going to create a dedicated topic for the 1920 mod project. Recently we finished a mini campaign which we played with Russian Adler Legion and it would be nice to have a dedicated map rather than "modded" Western Front Map (although the guys made an excellent job!)

S!

1PL-Lucas
CO of 1.Pułk Lotniczy

#139 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 30 July 2015 - 06:54

Yes, that map project should be open for everyone, as a mod or for the mods off mode. This is just too niche and me and my temmates are making it for fun, just like we did a dedicated 1920/1939 mod for the Targetware engine eight years ago. Once we will have some more WIP pictures Iam going to create a dedicated topic for the 1920 mod project. Recently we finished a mini campaign which we played with Russian Adler Legion and it would be nice to have a dedicated map rather than "modded" Western Front Map (although the guys made an excellent job!)

S!

Think 777/1C has to implementate this map into RoF, so if you and give this for free, put in a demand that your planes, also will be implementated in the future. 

#140 1PL-Lucas-1Esk

1PL-Lucas-1Esk
  • LocationPoland/Warsaw

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:33

We have no skills/experience in making planes which would meet RoF requirements. If this project will be ready, it should be open for all, maybe as a kind of a mod available through the Mod Enabler. I only hope that there will be no problems with accepting the map as it is post WW1 (however, you can use it for some Eastern Front operations, too!)

1PL-Lucas
CO of 1.Pułk Lotniczy

#141 Genius

Genius

Posted 30 July 2015 - 20:33

S!

Good news ans good luck for your project.

Bye

Genius

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users