Photo
- - - - -

Albatros D.III (Oeffag) Ba.253

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#81 Bf-110

Bf-110

Posted 23 January 2012 - 15:24

I noticed the cockpit is all in german.Wonder if in Austria-Hungary everything was both in german and hungarian.

#82 Huetz

Huetz

Posted 23 January 2012 - 16:56

I noticed the cockpit is all in german.Wonder if in Austria-Hungary everything was both in german and hungarian.

Good question and when starting research my worst nightmare as Hungarian is propably the hardest language to learn - however the official language throughout the LFT turned out to be German.

There were Hungarian pilots and aces, they had to adapt however.

#83 Finkeren

Finkeren

Posted 06 February 2012 - 13:34

I thought Hungarian was adopted as official language in the Hungrian regions of the empire after 1848? Wasn't that one of the ways they prevented further uprisings?

#84 Huetz

Huetz

Posted 06 February 2012 - 14:41

That is correct per se Finkeren, however (as always) there's a huge difference between the political and the historical truth.

De facto, the lion's share of the empire's public outfits, such as the postal and railway services as well as a major part of the armed forces remained German speaking. Despite propagated "tolerance" a hungarian soldier still had to learn german to understand his comrades when serving in a corresponding regiment, whereas their german speaking counterparts did not have to learn hungarian.

The same is true for i.e. czech/croatian/etc. soldiers. There were however purely "native" regiments as well, such as in example various famous border regiments, hungarian light horse untis, or the infamous "Bosniaks" - the first modern incarnation of light infantry.

#85 Bf-110

Bf-110

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:34

Never was very sure of how much autonomy the hungarians had in Austria-Hungary.As they were a powerful empire and Hungary is part of the name of the country and are represented in their flag,I supposed hungarians were respected,rather than "second class citizens" like the slavs were viewed in europe.

#86 Huetz

Huetz

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:45

It's a bit of a two-bladed sword. Of course, Hungarians were never regarded as slaves or second class citizens - after all the Hungarians have done a lot for the empire throught it's history. However that doesn't take away from the fact that the Habsburg rulers were in fact foreign occupants with their own policy.

If all had been fine, the empire probably wouldn't have collapsed the way it did ;)

The good thing is though, that with the EU the true spirit of the empire seems to be revived in a positive way in the region - after all it was Otto v. Habsburg who was the driving force behind the Pan-Europa idea in the first place.

#87 1PL-Lucas-1Esk

1PL-Lucas-1Esk
  • LocationPoland/Warsaw

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:26

By the way - today is the 145th Anniversary of Austro-Hungarian monarchy.

I hope to post some pictures of the new WIP pilot figure which is being prepared by a friend of mine. Moving eyes, skinned animations… :D

1PL-Lucas
CO of 1.Pułk Lotniczy
http://1pl.boo.pl

#88 1PL-Lucas-1Esk

1PL-Lucas-1Esk
  • LocationPoland/Warsaw

Posted 20 March 2012 - 20:51

Playing a little bit with the art for the manual 8-)
New pilot can be seen in my avatar ;)

Attached Files

1PL-Lucas
CO of 1.Pułk Lotniczy

#89 Bf-110

Bf-110

Posted 20 March 2012 - 23:34

For what I saw,the Oeffag had three versions.The one you made,one that looked a license built Albatross and one that looked like an Albatross with it's nose sawn-off.

#90 1PL-Lucas-1Esk

1PL-Lucas-1Esk
  • LocationPoland/Warsaw

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:20

There were even more:

- licensed built Albatros D.II, equipped with 185HP Austro-Daimler and armed with single 8mm Schwarzlose gun with bigger wing chord
- licensed built Albatros D.III (new, D.III-style wings, fuselage from the first series), with engine cover, two machineguns and redesigned gravity tank
- series 153.xx - powered by 200HP Austro Daimler. during the production, the spinner was removed and the nose redesigned
- series 253.xx - the one presented here - powered by the 225HP Austro-Daimler. The plane was strenghtened. Few planes received reworked position of the machineguns, so the pilot had an instant access to them. The rest of the planes had guns mounted in the fuselage.

1PL-Lucas
CO of 1.Pułk Lotniczy

#91 J2_Wallenberg

J2_Wallenberg

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:00

That pilot does not look at all like Austrian, Lucas. He needs a bigger nose (red-tinted), a mustache and a naughty yet retarded grin. I guess. ;)

Seriously, always enjoying the good work!

#92 1PL-Lucas-1Esk

1PL-Lucas-1Esk
  • LocationPoland/Warsaw

Posted 21 March 2012 - 14:26

I will receive a master PSD file from the modeller who made a pilot figure. I guess that I will be able to do that. Heck, I will be even able to made a normal map for the moustache, so they will be a bit 3d :D
Seriously, I wil also try to apply some pilot portraits on the pilot texture - if only I will be able to do so.
Thank you for your kind words, Wallenberg. The project is almost completed :)

1PL-Lucas
CO of 1.Pułk Lotniczy

#93 Riemann73

Riemann73

Posted 21 March 2012 - 16:30

Yep, a great job indeed.

#94 veltjens

veltjens

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:44

That's really MOST impressive!!!

#95 1PL-Lucas-1Esk

1PL-Lucas-1Esk
  • LocationPoland/Warsaw

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:11

I caught some flu and I am at home. This will give me some time to work on this beast :D Recent quality control done by my friend indicated that few things can still be improved (more detailed windshield and machineguns - what was already mentioned in this topic). I am going to work on them and hopefully install until the end of the week.

1PL-Lucas
CO of 1.Pułk Lotniczy

#96 1PL-Lucas-1Esk

1PL-Lucas-1Esk
  • LocationPoland/Warsaw

Posted 25 March 2012 - 14:13

Mister Universe 1918 :mrgreen:

Attached Files

1PL-Lucas
CO of 1.Pułk Lotniczy

#97 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 25 March 2012 - 14:58

Burt Reynolds flys for the huns?

#98 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:23

Reminds me of Achim Engels.

#99 J5_Wolf

J5_Wolf

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:58

That's Errol Flynn

#100 J2_Wallenberg

J2_Wallenberg

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:23

He starts to look Austrian now…

#101 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 12 April 2012 - 22:53

Other than the D.H.4 and the channel map machines, this has to be the most desirable and hotly anticipated add-on, today. What is the word on this outstanding Albatros D.III (Oeffag) Ba.253 add-on? :S!: MJ

Something something SPAD. Something something then dive away. 

#102 Huetz

Huetz

Posted 13 April 2012 - 00:02

Been away a while but I keep following this thread just because I know how much work and heart Lucas and the boys are putting into this.

Unfortunately MJ, this isn't intended for RoF primarly (although I think the quality is well worth an inclusion) but for FS. I agree however, I have my hopes high that this baby eventually will see the light of the RoF sun one day. Maybe when football season is over in autumn over here? Pretty please? ;)

*Edit* Just noticed Wally's post a page earlier. Not sure about the typical Austrian look. At least over here people tend to luck a bit more… miffed? Especially when exposed to the violent forces of flight and strong headwind and/or battle damage :D

#103 J2_Wallenberg

J2_Wallenberg

Posted 13 April 2012 - 19:45

Good point… well I would gladly help you out as a face model since my job is burning me out so much right now that I'm getting wrinkles close to those of WWI pilots in my face.

I think it's not so the airstream but also the stress and grief?

#104 1PL-Lucas-1Esk

1PL-Lucas-1Esk
  • LocationPoland/Warsaw

Posted 14 April 2012 - 16:44

Gents,

I think that it is pretty too late to put this bird to RoF. She "was" intented to be put here, but because of no feedback , we concentrated on making it for the FS. The polycount is currently higher than it should be for the single seater in RoF. The textures are also higher quality and their number is bigger than in the typical RoF scout plane.

The easiest way for the 777 would be to rework their Albatros D.III - to reowrk the nose, engine, guns, rudder and other detail. Of course, the cockpit had to be done from scratch.

As for the Oeffag, she is almost ready. I am only waiting for the new models of the Schwarslose machineguns for the internal model, as the ones which we have now are containing some errors which were pointed out. Also, some more detail is needed, as the MG's are one of the first things you see in the cockpit.
However, the "no-gun" model is ready atm (No-gun model is for the Yugoslav trainer from the mid 20's)

1PL-Lucas
CO of 1.Pułk Lotniczy

#105 Riemann73

Riemann73

Posted 17 April 2012 - 17:28

#106 Bf-110

Bf-110

Posted 17 April 2012 - 20:55

There goes our Oeffag flying away from RoF…

#107 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 17 April 2012 - 22:06

Gents,

I think that it is pretty too late to put this bird to RoF. She "was" intented to be put here, but because of no feedback , we concentrated on making it for the FS. The polycount is currently higher than it should be for the single seater in RoF. The textures are also higher quality and their number is bigger than in the typical RoF scout plane.

The easiest way for the 777 would be to rework their Albatros D.III - to reowrk the nose, engine, guns, rudder and other detail. Of course, the cockpit had to be done from scratch.

As for the Oeffag, she is almost ready. I am only waiting for the new models of the Schwarslose machineguns for the internal model, as the ones which we have now are containing some errors which were pointed out. Also, some more detail is needed, as the MG's are one of the first things you see in the cockpit.
However, the "no-gun" model is ready atm (No-gun model is for the Yugoslav trainer from the mid 20's)

So, are you going to set up a site, so we can buy this great FSX add-on? :S!: MJ

#108 1PL-Lucas-1Esk

1PL-Lucas-1Esk
  • LocationPoland/Warsaw

Posted 25 April 2012 - 22:08

Sorry for the late reply Gents, I am very busy in the real life and I find no time to check RoF website :(
As for the Oeffag, I can not say too much, however she "may" be relased as a commecial add-on.

As an addition to the previous photos, here is a movie from the test flight :)
http://s306.photobuc...rosErstflug.mp4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://s306.photobuc...com/albums/nn27 … stflug.mp4

1PL-Lucas
CO of 1.Pułk Lotniczy

#109 Panthera

Panthera

Posted 26 April 2012 - 00:57

This would be a very interesting addition to the game. With a top speed around 200 km/h and a very high climb rate, mainly thanks to a higher prop efficiency compared to the std. Albatros, this was a very good fighter during its' service.

#110 J5_Wolf

J5_Wolf

Posted 27 April 2012 - 18:02

I would definitely buy thats for sure!

#111 Huetz

Huetz

Posted 27 April 2012 - 18:50

This would be a very interesting addition to the game. With a top speed around 200 km/h and a very high climb rate, mainly thanks to a higher prop efficiency compared to the std. Albatros, this was a very good fighter during its' service.

Agreed in all points but pointless for now. The Channel it is, and unfortunately, despite their great performance, no OEFFAG D.III ever saw service at the Western Front. If 777 ever decide to move on the the Italian Front, this one will rock any central pilot's world :mrgreen:

#112 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 27 April 2012 - 19:07

Agreed in all points but pointless for now. The Channel it is, and unfortunately, despite their great performance, no OEFFAG D.III ever saw service at the Western Front. If 777 ever decide to move on the the Italian Front, this one will rock any central pilot's world :mrgreen:

VH,
Members of the CAI squad have started to get the drumbeat going for an Italian Alps map. I think that the ROF team might be persuaded, too. It is possible. The Alps would present a very unique map, introduce very cool rides, like the Oeffag ba. 253 and the Ansaldo SVA- 5, would introduce new factions into the game and would be a whole lot of fun, in my opinion. Maybe you will get that Oeffag, if the community makes a compelling argument for the marketability of an Alps map and subsequent add-ons, related to the map. :S!: MJ

#113 Huetz

Huetz

Posted 02 May 2012 - 16:32

I absolutely agree MJ, and being Austrian myself you can only imagine how stoked I'd be to see that happening. I do believe though, that with the upcoming map expansion and the huge gaps in the planeset remaining to this day, we'll have to get really comfortable over the Western Front.

In the end, only a complete product will keep RoF going in the long term. That's what may eventually let us see the virtual alps in RoF.

For now that is, one can always dream ;)

#114 1PL-Lucas-1Esk

1PL-Lucas-1Esk
  • LocationPoland/Warsaw

Posted 12 May 2012 - 16:53

The 3d stuff is almost complete :)
The new model of the Schwarzlose machineguns are currently in the paintshop. Fatman did a great job making separate ones for the internal model.

Attached Files

1PL-Lucas
CO of 1.Pułk Lotniczy

#115 WW1EAF_Paf

WW1EAF_Paf
  • Tester

Posted 15 August 2012 - 20:14

Lucas, its yours at 5:43? :shock:
!

#116 1PL-Lucas-1Esk

1PL-Lucas-1Esk
  • LocationPoland/Warsaw

Posted 15 August 2012 - 22:50

Yup, Paf :) There she is in a full glory. Currently we are testing the installer and I hope that she will be released in a couple of weeks.
There will be a paintkit, two models (armed and no-guns), ability to cover the engine to prevent it from overcooling at low temps, high resolotion skins (4096x4096pix) and almost everything will be clickable in the cockpit. I did not want to post it here, but if you found it :)

Lucas

1PL-Lucas
CO of 1.Pułk Lotniczy

#117 Gadfly21

Gadfly21

Posted 16 August 2012 - 00:06

Great work there! It's really beautiful!

#118 WW1EAF_Paf

WW1EAF_Paf
  • Tester

Posted 16 August 2012 - 20:20

Congratulations Lucas, that does really sound good! :D

#119 SC/JG_Oesau

SC/JG_Oesau

Posted 16 August 2012 - 21:40

Great work Lucas - good to see it on it's way into the public and of course to be associated with A2A is a very good thing as well. I'll be buying it and to be honest, this will encourage me to purchase accu-feel (I've been a supporter of accu-sim from day dot).

Well done!

#120 1PL-Lucas-1Esk

1PL-Lucas-1Esk
  • LocationPoland/Warsaw

Posted 17 August 2012 - 14:10

Thank you very much, Gents. Once she will be released, I will let you know in the "Other Games" section on the RoF forum.

Lucas

1PL-Lucas
CO of 1.Pułk Lotniczy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users