I think that finally I can share some work with you. This is the Austro-Hungarian Albatros D.III equipped with the 225HP Austro-Daimler engine.
The model was built two years ago for the Targetware sim engine. However we did not finished it. Only external model and internal ribs were done. The instruments were added from the other planes.
Some time ago me and 1PL-Fatman, the author of the 3D talked to each other and we decided to finish the plane by making proper instruments. Fatman did the geometry and also corrected few things in the existing model by adding few details to the 3d. Then he sent it to me and I started to work on the uv mapping. Currently I am slowly finishing the last one and then I am going to start painting the plane from scratch because the external model's texture differs a little bit from the original one.
The software we are working in is the freeware Wings 3D. Later, Iam going to export the plane into GMax to create animations, etc.
The model is for the Flight Simulator X. I am pretty sure that it could be used here, too, but the goal is to make it for the MS sim.
I would like to thank J2 von Huetz and J2 Wallenberg who helped us a lot with the aircraft systems and translations. S!