Photo
- - - - -

Unofficial public ROF Teamspeak 3 Server up!

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#41 Graygoose

Graygoose

Posted 08 July 2011 - 13:11

when I enter the address ts3riseofflight.com:7777. Iget a message stated,failed to resolve host name ts3riseofflight.com. It look like it dose not recognize the port 7777. Can you help me with this?

ps. I have taken teamspeak out twice and put backin.
Thanks
Graygoose

#42 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 08 July 2011 - 13:39

Dont forget the 'dot' after ts3: ts3.riseofflight.com

#43 Graygoose

Graygoose

Posted 08 July 2011 - 20:19

Thanks Jorri
The dot was the problem. My first and only person was a Russian,for about 2 sec. On the fast food sever. Once again thanks.

Graygoose

#44 Graygoose

Graygoose

Posted 11 July 2011 - 15:09

Is there any to change chanels in TS3,with out logging of ROF.

THanks Graygoose

#45 =69.GIAP=TUSHKA

=69.GIAP=TUSHKA

Posted 11 July 2011 - 18:39

Is there any to change chanels in TS3,with out logging of ROF.

THanks Graygoose
You can probably "alt-tab" out of RoF to change channels (remember to "left-shift-A" auto level first so your plane doesn't crash) then click on RoF on the task bar to get back in. When you get back in you'll probably be staring at the scores screen (from the "tab"), so just close it out and resume flying.

"alt-tab" doesn't work for everyone, but it works for me.

#46 von_Semmel

von_Semmel
  • LocationGermany / Munich

Posted 11 July 2011 - 19:39

I thought alt+Tab Works at everybody :?

#47 Graygoose

Graygoose

Posted 12 July 2011 - 15:35

alt-tab does not work for me. It locks up the computer.Is there any thing else?

Thanks for your time

Graygoose

#48 Miggins

Miggins

Posted 13 July 2011 - 23:45

If you go "settings" then "hotkeys" inside TS3 you can set up keypresses to move to different channels within a server (or even different servers if you use more than one).

Once in the settings/hotkey window hit the second "add" button under the "profile details" box (not the one under the "profile" box), and then hit "show advanced options".

In here you should be able to see a command to move to previous or next channel within a server (could take a while to find the right channel on the 777 TS3 server this way). Alternatively, when you are connected to the TS3 server and follow this same process, you can specify what channel you want to move to and tie that move to a hotkey itself.

I personally only use previous and next channel commands and manually pick which of the available channels to start of from.

#49 arjisme

arjisme

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:25

Alt-Tab will work for you if you launch the game with Fullscreen NOT checked in the launcher. Just make sure the game resolution is set to match you desktop resolution and it will still look like it is fullscreen.

#50 von_Semmel

von_Semmel

Posted 14 July 2011 - 16:50

Thanks for your time

Graygoose

hmm "ctrl+alt+delete" ???

#51 SYN_Tomslik

SYN_Tomslik

Posted 14 July 2011 - 18:52

If you go "settings" then "hotkeys" inside TS3 you can set up keypresses to move to different channels within a server (or even different servers if you use more than one).

Once in the settings/hotkey window hit the second "add" button under the "profile details" box (not the one under the "profile" box), and then hit "show advanced options".

In here you should be able to see a command to move to previous or next channel within a server (could take a while to find the right channel on the 777 TS3 server this way). Alternatively, when you are connected to the TS3 server and follow this same process, you can specify what channel you want to move to and tie that move to a hotkey itself.

I personally only use previous and next channel commands and manually pick which of the available channels to start of from.

Greygoose :)
Miggins just said what I was thinking !

what I do is before Im even in an airplane is select a channel I want to be in.
you can then choose to minimize TS or just leave it on your screen as is.
heres an option !
pick up an older monitor , say, at a second hand store.
(my first,"second monitor",I got for free)
it doesnt have to be anything special, but it needs to work, thats all.
many of us run a second monitor, its very easy to do.
you can drag any window over to it that you want.
once you get a second monitor, youll never go back to a single monitor again.
TS overlay is another option, I dont use it but others here do.
that way until you get to know ppl's voices you can see whos talking.

In my opinion TS 3 is the best 2 way communication program for what we do.
there are others, but TS has so many more options , its hands down the best.

cheers !

#52 charlo

charlo

Posted 16 July 2011 - 00:42

TS overlay is another option, I don't use it but others here do. That way until you get to know ppl's voices you can see who's talking.

Tom mentioned TS Overlay, which now appears to be TSNotifier, available at http://tsnotifier.cfxxl.de/

I tried to get it to work in ROF, but could not - it launches a small window that immediately disappears, and nothing displays in ROF. I even tried the directions I found here. I am using Windows 7 64 bit, and tried both the 32 and 64 bit versions since ROF is 32 bit.

Is TSNotifier compatible with ROF? If so, can anyone using it offer any tips?

Charlo
Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake OC @ 4.8 GHz | Corsair Hydro H70 CWCH70 CPU Cooler with two Noctua NF-F12 PWM 120mm fans | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO motherboard | EVGA Titan X Hybrid GPU | G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 Series 32GB DDR4 3000 F4-3000C15Q-32GRK RAM | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD | CoolerMaster HAF 932 ATX Full Tower case |SeaSonic Snow Silent 750W Power Supply | Acer B6 Series B286HK ymjdpprz 28" 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) Monitor | Windows 10 Pro | CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Throttle Quadrant, CH Pro pedals, CH MFP, Track IR 5, Buttkicker Gamer 2 | ====== My original ROF rig (now used by visiting gunners): MacBook Pro Core2Duo 2.66 GHz | 8 GBs RAM | NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB GPU

#53 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 07 August 2011 - 20:22

I made this a Global so everyone can see that there is a TS3 server more easily.

Jason

#54 von_Semmel

von_Semmel

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:02

I made this a Global so everyone can see that there is a TS3 server more easily.

Jason

Good Idea

thx :)

:S!:

#55 GandalfTheGrey

GandalfTheGrey

Posted 08 August 2011 - 19:15

Gentleman. I take it that u guys do realise that this is a period sim. As such radio comms were non exitent in fighters (sorry … scouts). Just because we have the technology do we really need to use it? I think we should rethink this especially for multiplayer and tournaments.

Seriously! Radio comms in WWI?

#56 arjisme

arjisme

Posted 08 August 2011 - 19:30

Hi Gandalf. It's been discussed before here. The arguments for are these:
1.) it improves the social aspect of playing as you can talk to friends
2.) it enables communication that, in a real setting, would have occurred on the ground before flight
3.) it can't be stopped, others will use it, so there's little that can be done anyhow

I am sure someone else will cite other reasons for it as well. But you aren't going to get much traction on getting folks to stop using voice comms.

Edit: also, if you really want to be strict about it, you would also advocate disabling the chat box. :S!:

#57 SYN_Tomslik

SYN_Tomslik

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:07

Gentleman. I take it that u guys do realise that this is a period sim. As such radio comms were non exitent in fighters (sorry … scouts). Just because we have the technology do we really need to use it? I think we should rethink this especially for multiplayer and tournaments.

Seriously! Radio comms in WWI?

They called it a wireless during WW1.
wasn't WW1 almost a hundred years ago ?

Hi Gandalf. It's been discussed before here. The arguments for are these:
1.) it improves the social aspect of playing as you can talk to friends
2.) it enables communication that, in a real setting, would have occurred on the ground before flight
3.) it can't be stopped, others will use it, so there's little that can be done anyhow

I am sure someone else will cite other reasons for it as well. But you aren't going to get much traction on getting folks to stop using voice comms.

Edit: also, if you really want to be strict about it, you would also advocate disabling the chat box. :S!:

+ 1 arjisme

1.) thats the main reason you'll find me on 'one of' the comms !
2.) since we cant go to the briefing tent before every flight, communication between flight members is crucial !!

3.) DITTO !

and

4.) this is a computer game, not real life !

:S!:

#58 242Sqn_Wolf

242Sqn_Wolf

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:14

Some us here actually did that about month back. Went on talked about the upcoming mission. The didn't say a word to each other after engine started. Talk about hard, but we did it.

#59 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 09 August 2011 - 14:33

When we fly COOPs with the checksix community we do not speak about the mission during the mission, but this requires to carefully plan and discuss everyone days in advance as well as meeting prior to flying the mission to sort out anything that came up and to go through everything again. This can't be done every single evening you just want to have some fun for an hour or two.

#60 =FB=Vaal

=FB=Vaal
  • Developer

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:55

updated the design of the page - rof style
http://ts3.riseofflight.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://ts3.riseofflight.com/
added text from Wikipedia.

The site now displays only the channels are not empty.

If you suggest a more appropriate text - I'll add it to the page. And if someone would write instructions for beginners with pictures - would be super.

#61 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:58

Nice work!

#62 Zephyr-RU

Zephyr-RU

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:07

dear administrator o ROF TS3.

please make channel for Japanese language.
like a "Rise of Flight"-"=======MAIN========"-"Main Japanese".

#63 =FB=Vaal

=FB=Vaal
  • Developer

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:45

rdy :mrgreen:

#64 Zephyr-RU

Zephyr-RU

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:45

thanks!!
very fast!

#65 Renius

Renius

Posted 19 September 2011 - 18:43

thk.. Good job…
15.Spanische Stafell.

#66 charlo

charlo

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:58

TS overlay is another option, I don't use it but others here do. That way until you get to know ppl's voices you can see who's talking.

Tom mentioned TS Overlay, which now appears to be TSNotifier, available at http://tsnotifier.cfxxl.de/

I tried to get it to work in ROF, but could not - it launches a small window that immediately disappears, and nothing displays in ROF. I even tried the directions I found here. I am using Windows 7 64 bit, and tried both the 32 and 64 bit versions since ROF is 32 bit.

Is TSNotifier compatible with ROF? If so, can anyone using it offer any tips?

Charlo

At "Teamspeak 3 Overlay for IL2 Cliffs of Dover" I finally found an answer to my own question from a few months back.

TSNotifier is a program that adds a small, transparent overlay window in ROF that lists in color the name of the channel and whoever is speaking. This saves you from alt-tabbing out of ROF to see who is speaking, or having to display TeamSpeak in a separate monitor.

Borrowing very generously from the above site (many thanks and credit to ATAG_Bliss there), here are directions for ROFers:

Download (for free) TSNotifier from http://tsnotifier.cfxxl.de/

Choose the top one (installer) and let it install. Next start TSNotifier (it may only show up in the hidden icons area of your taskbar). Next, launch ROF, then quit ROF (because TSNotifier may not work initially).

Now go into TSNotifier (you may need to right-click on it in the hidden icons area of your taskbar) and edit the gamesettings.ini (in TSNotifier there's an option for "Edit gamesettings.ini). Once you do those settings will look something similar to this:

[WoW.exe]
enabled=1
[Gw.exe]
enabled=1
[lotroclient.exe]
enabled=1
[TSNotifier.exe]
game.enabled=0
[TSNotifier_x64.exe]
game.enabled=0
[explorer.exe]
game.enabled=0
[WINWORD.EXE]
game.enabled=0
[DllHost.exe]
game.enabled=0
[ts3client_win64.exe]
game.enabled=0
[TrackIR5.exe]
game.enabled=0
[taskhost.exe]
game.enabled=0
[Settings.exe]
enabled=0
[ROF.exe]
game.enabled=1

[Dwm.exe]
game.enabled=0
[firefox.exe]
game.enabled=0
[CCC.exe]
game.enabled=0
[conhost.exe]
game.enabled=0
[WerFault.exe]
enabled=0
[NOTEPAD.EXE]
game.enabled=0
[sdclt.exe]
game.enabled=0
[Steam.exe]
game.enabled=1
[Launcher.exe]
game.enabled=1
[GameOverlayUI.exe]
game.enabled=0
[CHCtlMgr.exe]
game.enabled=0
[plugin-container.exe]
game.enabled=0

Once you find ROF.exe (this is why you may have to start ROF once to make this work) change it from "0" to "1" to enable it for ROF.

Now restart TS3 and TSNotifier again and hop into ROF. You should see an overlay that will indicate when you speak and when others speak. You can further customize where the overlay displays and what it displays by right-clicking on TSNotifier (again, TSNotifier may be in the hidden icons area of your taskbar).

Charlo
Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake OC @ 4.8 GHz | Corsair Hydro H70 CWCH70 CPU Cooler with two Noctua NF-F12 PWM 120mm fans | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO motherboard | EVGA Titan X Hybrid GPU | G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 Series 32GB DDR4 3000 F4-3000C15Q-32GRK RAM | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD | CoolerMaster HAF 932 ATX Full Tower case |SeaSonic Snow Silent 750W Power Supply | Acer B6 Series B286HK ymjdpprz 28" 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) Monitor | Windows 10 Pro | CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Throttle Quadrant, CH Pro pedals, CH MFP, Track IR 5, Buttkicker Gamer 2 | ====== My original ROF rig (now used by visiting gunners): MacBook Pro Core2Duo 2.66 GHz | 8 GBs RAM | NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB GPU

#67 Riemann73

Riemann73

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:12

PM sent. Thanks in advance.

#68 =69.GIAP=TUSHKA

=69.GIAP=TUSHKA

Posted 11 October 2011 - 00:20

There is a simple overlay built into TS3 that shows who is in your channel and that highlights who is speaking. To activate it go to Settings/Plugins and put a check in the box for the Direct X overlay plugin. It isn't as complete as the add-on version, but it gets the basic work done. To move it on screen press ScrLk (Scroll Lock), move it with your mouse, and then press ScrLk again.

#69 Hubert

Hubert

Posted 11 October 2011 - 23:53

Hi All.
I down loaded the ROF ts3 stuff and installed it and it worked great yesterday and earlier today, but now it comes up that my mic and speakers are disabled. I've checked my settings and every thing seems ok. It has got 2 icons next to my user details on the ts3 server list screen on the right hand side of the window and a little icon next to my name in the server list, were as it used to be a blue circle. I've never used ts before and am not too good with pc's, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks Hubert S!!

#70 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 12 October 2011 - 14:27

There should be some buttons above the server list, you can mute your speakers and microphone desperately there.

#71 =OT=HORSE1

=OT=HORSE1

Posted 12 October 2011 - 19:16

Glad I read these Posts … I have many times tried to use (ts3.riseofflight.com:7777) and did not know of the (:7777)
So I was using (http://www.tidesofwar.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.tidesofwar.net) …thanks

#72 Hokus

Hokus

Posted 13 November 2011 - 15:39

Hi Vaal
Do you think you could have us in the section squadrons set up their own room with two channels?
The name LM (Long Muffetees).

thank you
LM_Hokus

#73 =FB=Vaal

=FB=Vaal
  • Developer

Posted 13 November 2011 - 16:42

rdy

#74 =FB=Vaal

=FB=Vaal
  • Developer

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:21

Today TeamSpeak will be disabled. Technical work on the server. I think it will take no more than 24 hours.

#75 =FB=Vaal

=FB=Vaal
  • Developer

Posted 22 November 2011 - 21:52

TeamSpeak enabled!

#76 Felklaw

Felklaw

Posted 01 December 2011 - 17:00

Does anybody actually use these?
I was playing around with the TS client on my Android last night, and I found nobody in any of the servers I tried out.

I thought it might have been my TS client, but it was able to connect to other TS test servers and run fine, so appears just nobody was online in the servers I tried.

Where does everyone normally meet/chat? I was hoping to get into a newbie server, but wanted TS to also compliment the flying as it's my first time online, but gave up since couldn't find anyone in TS.

#77 =NFF=Rock

=NFF=Rock

Posted 01 December 2011 - 17:15

Yes they are used ! And mid week you will find some not used as so many have to work the next day. But the weekends they are use quite a lot.
And some servers have there own TS3 setup , so you just have to look around , but I use them almost every night with other flyers .

#78 WarGruf

WarGruf

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:51

Just in case things get crowded a person called Malootmetvleugel let us use EuroTS10.gameservers.com:9166 for teamspeak… Though it was rather nice of him and its constantly running. :S!:

#79 Vacu

Vacu

Posted 09 January 2012 - 22:42

There is a simple overlay built into TS3 that shows who is in your channel and that highlights who is speaking. To activate it go to Settings/Plugins and put a check in the box for the Direct X overlay plugin. It isn't as complete as the add-on version, but it gets the basic work done. To move it on screen press ScrLk (Scroll Lock), move it with your mouse, and then press ScrLk again.
The trouble with this plug-in is, when enabled, RoF crash sometimes (i have W7 x64 Ultimate). You need to disable, start RoF, and later enable.
I´ll try TS Notifier now.

#80 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 09 January 2012 - 23:09

Just in case things get crowded a person called Malootmetvleugel let us use EuroTS10.gameservers.com:9166 for teamspeak… Though it was rather nice of him and its constantly running. :S!:

Not a very nice person (confirmed teamkiller)

hellequins.net/server/pilots.php?id=904

(and no need to promote another TS server surely, if this one is doing an excellent job)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users