Photo
- - - - -

1.018 is released! (+ actual installer)

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#81 aircastellon

aircastellon

Posted 27 March 2011 - 19:07

What is 6DOF?, it comes with the trackIR 5 or you must buy apart?…

It's 6 degrees of Freedom (a feature of Track-ir and other head/face tracking software)- basically it moves the head in 3 dimensions( up and down and zoom) as well as turning it left and right

If I buy TrackIR 5, I have 6DOF?

#82 Feen

Feen

Posted 27 March 2011 - 19:18

IMP …. sorry, i was refering to the first monster update from when i registered after buying the sim taking forever. turned out to be in the nieghborhood of 600+mb. second one took about an hour (still stone age transfer speeds…heh). thanks for the bundle info (was hoping the planes were unlocked).
you guys are a dream come true! not only caring about WW1 era flight/combat, but caring about those who care about it! fantastic to see 777 and its testers rewarded with well deserved awards and glowing reviews! damn… just cant say enuff good things !! << SMOOCH >>

#83 Tom-Cundall

Tom-Cundall

Posted 27 March 2011 - 19:46

What is 6DOF?, it comes with the trackIR 5 or you must buy apart?…

It's 6 degrees of Freedom (a feature of Track-ir and other head/face tracking software)- basically it moves the head in 3 dimensions( up and down and zoom) as well as turning it left and right

If I buy TrackIR 5, I have 6DOF?

Yes one of the features of trackIR 5 is 6-DOF.

#84 rOEN911

rOEN911

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:39

Guys after hit to update to the new version in the half of the update the kaspersky close the updater due to a virus detection in the updated files and delete both "settings" and rof.exe

#85 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:50

Guys after hit to update to the new version in the half of the update the kaspersky close the updater due to a virus detection in the updated files and delete both "settings" and rof.exe

I think I remember this sort of thing happening with certain anti-virus programs during some of the previous updates. You'll probably need to temporarily turn of that anti-virus while you perform the update (I think I had to do that with my then-version of McAfee on one of the previous updates, but it gave me no problems this time around).

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#86 catchov

catchov

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:34

I think I remember this sort of thing happening with certain anti-virus programs during some of the previous updates. You'll probably need to temporarily turn of that anti-virus while you perform the update (I think I had to do that with my then-version of McAfee on one of the previous updates, but it gave me no problems this time around).

You can turn it off before updating ….. or go onto Kaspersky settings and change all existing rof files to "trusted".

#87 rOEN911

rOEN911

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:41

You can turn it off before updating ….. or go onto Kaspersky settings and change all existing rof files to "trusted".

I will but i need to download ROF again and its a pain in the ass if you dont have good connection …..thanks.

#88 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:47

This weekend I had the chance to try the new patch.

Positive:
The new night effects are amazing!
The DFW is a wonderful plane. Surprisingly agile, and fun to fly. One can attack ground targets effectively, but also dogfight if in need. How do you guys aim with it? I just lean out and follow the tracers. The gunsight is too low to be of use. I love the sound the turret makes when I turn it!

Negative:
I'm quite surprised that the AI gunners haven't been fixed with this patch. They still open fire from a kilometer, and they're insanely accurate. A flight of 2 AI DFWs can slaughter a flight of 5-6 AI scouts, and attacking an AI 2 seater is neraly impossible now, no matter what tactics I use. This makes SP a lot less fun :?

#89 Feen

Feen

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:13

amen Reflected …. since im new to ROF…wondered if it was me or what. AI gunners on all multi-seaters are fricken olympian marksmen with a range of a 1/2 mile and unlimited ammo. attacking a 2 seater is almost futile(unless i have a few hours to attack from underneath 50 or 60 times, well… ive still NEVER shot one down). a pair of ROF AI 2 seaters could have won the war. they WERE formidable , but this is too much.

#90 Skyburn

Skyburn

Posted 28 March 2011 - 13:50

Bullguard did the same thing when I tried to update.

#91 rOEN911

rOEN911

Posted 28 March 2011 - 16:09

i fix it,simple set all ROF files to trust zone.

#92 Baal2

Baal2

Posted 29 March 2011 - 11:11

For developpers: Since we now have bombers and two seaters (bravo!), could you correct the uncredible destructive power of the small bombs carried bys spads, camels and SE5?

#93 EricForster

EricForster

Posted 29 March 2011 - 14:47

The DFW is a wonderful plane. Surprisingly agile, and fun to fly. One can attack ground targets effectively, but also dogfight if in need. How do you guys aim with it? I just lean out and follow the tracers. The gunsight is too low to be of use.

I use the "kink" in the radiator pipe as a reference for aiming: head position all the way up and, if you like, a little to the right. I get a good view of everything but the instruments up from this position (although I can still spot the RPM gauge).

I use the left side gun sight as a snap position, from which I can check airspeed and altitude: not really much good for shooting.

The DFW is my new favorite plane, and it's a good sign of things to come with the 2-seaters. It is very tough: I've done sustained dives in the 230 kph range without damage to the airframe (careful on the pullout), and the engine can take a beating (again sustained in the 1700 range - above redline - takes a long time for damage to occur).

Agreed that the gunner AI needs some work (firing through my plane - absurd ranges etc.).

Cheers,
Eric

#94 jacouille

jacouille

Posted 31 March 2011 - 18:50

Hello and good evening everybody

I purchased the DFW times ago and I downloaded the 1.018. Unfortunatly
I cannot see the new plane in my game. What I made wrong?

I kindly request some help

Great thanks
Regards

#95 eccles

eccles

Posted 31 March 2011 - 22:19

Hi bought DFW C.V and it dose,nt even appear on my list of aircraft any ideas

#96 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 31 March 2011 - 23:17

Unfortunately there is no fly now mission yet for the DFW. But if you look at the quick mission generator, you should be able to select the plane there?

#97 Feen

Feen

Posted 31 March 2011 - 23:48

OKAY….. as much as i love this sim,and sorry to bring this up again, BUT i find it amazing that ROF's 2 seaters are so ubsurdly invincible. guess i will have to scrap flying any career mode missions until this GROSS oversight is corrected. either engine kill or pilot kill everytime and often from 1/2 a kilometer out!! just flew my 6th phalz career mission with objective of taking out 2 observation planes (my wingman circle while they get away… leaving me by myself and soon dead). how could this possible have gotten by you guys?? even more so… how could this possibly not been fixed yet? i cannot beleive ANYONE is actually successfully completing these missions! if so… HOW??? <annoyed>

Addendum: OKAY… i admit i have not been coordinating my attacks with my wingman (they seem to always be trying to catch up). 1v1 and especially 1v2 i been getting butchered though. my belly attacks end with me giving them a good tail target (close and slow) and my deflection attacks dont work well due to poor gunnery it seems. ive done best with fast steeds (SE5 or Spad) and though ive shredded them pretty good… always end up dead. i will try not being so impatient and see if that helps.

#98 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 01 April 2011 - 01:33

I find it interesting how different players can have such different experiences playing the same game. I was flying a little test mission the other night, and my AI flight leader and I in our Albatros D.IIs shot down a flight of 3 Breguets with very little trouble and no losses on our side. I've gone through some periods over the past year or so when it did seem like the 2-seaters were very deadly, but lately not so much so. Maybe it's just fluke/luck, or maybe I've learned to respect them more and not give them the easy kill shots I used to give them - not sure, but I'm not having all that much trouble with them being over-deadly recently.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#99 CharlesDeRose

CharlesDeRose

Posted 05 April 2011 - 16:30

Hello your work is too great.It will so amazing if you'll create planes like Morane Saulnier type L,Albatros BI,Aviatik CI or L.V.G. CI.So thank you guys!!!Show must goes on!!!!

"Je surmonterai"

#100 ericfligt

ericfligt

Posted 07 April 2011 - 19:07

merci super boulot

#101 Uncas7575

Uncas7575

Posted 12 April 2011 - 13:10

I live in a rural area with no high speed internet access so I use dial up and a Version USB stick for internet access, When I try to download the above file with dial up the connection is so slow that I time out if I can even get connected. I am limited to 5 GB a month download with the Verison stick however, the download eats up my monthly allocation. Is there a DVD available that can be used for this upgrade?

Thank you

#102 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 12 April 2011 - 13:36

If you have the game installed you only need to run the launcher and update from there. The update is <90mb.

#103 Feen

Feen

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:20

QUESTION REGARDING REALISM : TORQUE.
i have always been under the impression that the DR1 was the only (that i was aware of) rotary that had a counter-clockwise propellor (from cockpit perspective), creating clockwise torque. this always made for a fascinating match-up with the camel, being virtual opposites in that respect. Warbirds WW1 online sim "Dawn of Aces" also made mention of this "fact" in their reference section on biplanes and modelled the DR1 thus. whats the story?
also my dad flew biplanes (as i had mentioned in an earlier post), including the Camel,DR1,N24,Pup (which he owned) among a few others, and from what he said and what i witnessed watching, the torque from these planes was quite a bit more pronouced then modelled in the sim. as for the camel, it was said that often pilots making right hand turns would actually roll left and around rather then fight the torque. feedback and/or corrections welcomed. i HAVE been wrong before.
da FEEN
P.S.: trivia tidbit; i would have thought the DR1 or Camel would have been the trickiest plane to fly among them, but my dad said he considered the Nieuport 24 the trickiest and most dangerous of the group.

#104 Tom-Cundall

Tom-Cundall

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:00

Feen would you like to add your observations and thoughts to this thread?

Dr1 gyro moment - it really should be such dangerous?

I'm not sure about the propellor rotating the other way - as far as I know the engine was a direct copy of a Le Rhone (?) but other people know far more about the engineering and make-up of these planes than I do so I'm sure that someone will know.

#105 Master_Of_War

Master_Of_War

Posted 19 April 2011 - 13:49

Hi, Im new to this game and have downloaded already and when i went to log on it says update required. is this the newest update and does it require me to redownload the game, 3.45gb is a big download just for a patch?

#106 SirFreddie

SirFreddie

Posted 19 April 2011 - 15:40

Hi, Im new to this game and have downloaded already and when i went to log on it says update required. is this the newest update and does it require me to redownload the game, 3.45gb is a big download just for a patch?

Hi Master of War, Welcome to RoF. If you restart the game the first screen to appear is the 'Launcher', at the bottom of that screen is a button marked 'Update'. Click on that and it should start updating your game…It always works for me :)

P.s. It may take some time :S!:

#107 Master_Of_War

Master_Of_War

Posted 19 April 2011 - 16:02

ahh CC thanks very much <S>. this game looks so awesome cant wait to fly. i play aces high 2 alot, and thier ww1 arena sucks so ima try this one out :)

#108 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 20 April 2011 - 13:48

Updating the game via the launcher from a previous version usually does not involve more than 80-100mb. If you are several versions behind it will add up of course, however 3+GB should not happen.

#109 dcnw

dcnw

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:14

New to site, cannot use torrents, is there an address, a link to download 1.018?
Torrents are blocked by my ISP, does anyone have a link? Thanks.

#110 sturmkraehe

sturmkraehe

Posted 11 May 2011 - 20:51

It's now about almost two months and still no update on the career mode?

#111 aircastellon

aircastellon

Posted 11 May 2011 - 23:44

It's now about almost two months and still no update on the career mode?

Jason said that the new career mode will be available at the end of this month :lol:

#112 sturmkraehe

sturmkraehe

Posted 12 May 2011 - 19:34

I fear it won't make the release before I move and then I won't be able to connect to internet for quite a while :(

#113 aircastellon

aircastellon

Posted 12 May 2011 - 19:51

The new career mode will be playable offline or only online?…

#114 sturmkraehe

sturmkraehe

Posted 12 May 2011 - 22:36

It's supposed to be an offline mode so I don't see how you could play it online.

#115 aircastellon

aircastellon

Posted 12 May 2011 - 23:08

Guay!!!!…

#116 DidNotFinish

DidNotFinish

Posted 12 May 2011 - 23:36

But aren't you supposed to be able to see the Career mode stats of other players? Sounds online to me…

#117 rarebear

rarebear

Posted 15 May 2011 - 01:34

I am new to all of this But I have been wanting to buy the sim but I downloaded the demo a LOOOONNNGGGG time ago and left for a trip and never got to play it and I cant find a way to download a new demo to check it out. or how to even download once I purchase. anyone help please. My email is jerryrachel@hotmail.com please contact me I appreciate the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users