• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#41 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 24 March 2011 - 00:02

Hey Jason did you saw a drunken bears in the streets of Moscow? :mrgreen:

No, no drunken Bears. Just lots of snow and pretty girls!

Jason

#42 bluesideup

bluesideup

Posted 24 March 2011 - 00:16

Great info. As the old adage goes: All good things come to those who WAIT. Keep up the good work and I especially appreciate the fact that you are taking the time to do it right and proper. The results are well worth it.

#43 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 24 March 2011 - 00:24

Outstanding group , always a great read , thank you

#44 O_Taipan

O_Taipan

Posted 24 March 2011 - 02:01

Soo many good things to look forward to! These guys really are pioneers in the new breed of simulations cutting a path for others to follow.

#45 patricio_z

patricio_z

Posted 24 March 2011 - 02:11

well, this level of communication is certainly unusual from a developer,I've been doing sims since as long as I can remember, and never saw something like this… I have just preorder both 2 seaters, just to support this effort.

BTW first time poster, long time lurker

S!

#46 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 24 March 2011 - 02:15

Welcome Patricio_Z

:D

#47 catchov

catchov

Posted 24 March 2011 - 03:00

Thanks so much for sharing this article Jason :) Such a talented bunch of guys. Look after them please :D Glad you enjoyed the trip and the pretty girls ;)

#48 borntoolate

borntoolate

Posted 24 March 2011 - 06:02

Wonderful post on a fantastic team, responsible for the best flight sim ever!
I've bought every aircraft, and will continue to do so.

"We had a strict code of honor: you didn't shoot down a cripple and you kept it a fair fight." Wilfrid May

#49 O_Smiladon

O_Smiladon

Posted 24 March 2011 - 06:44

Mmmmmm Pretty girls :D

#50 TX-Gunslinger

TX-Gunslinger

Posted 24 March 2011 - 06:51

Thanks Jason!

Best post ever made :)

S!

Gunny

#51 Flashy

Flashy
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:23

Great stuff! Throughly enjoyed reading that and seeing where the magic happens! Thanks for posting Jason!

Just because I can give multiple orgasms to the furniture just by sitting on it, doesn't mean that I'm not sick of this damn war: the blood, the noise, the endless poetry...

#52 BroadSide

BroadSide

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:24

Been reading this article on my phone and finally got a chance to finish it at home.

I sure do appreciate meeting each of the team. It's like these are the guys we've been flying with and now I get to meet them! Aloha team 777!
Have to say I cringed when I saw the snow in the pics…not to mention seeing everyone wearing beanies. Brrrrr. I even get cold in Hawaii :D

Is that a pic of Nungesser on Viks wall?
Nice to see Anton reading Sim HQ :)
What kind of a monstrosity joystick is Petrovich using? A hybrid MSFF2/flight stick? :0o:
And only Han has TrackIR? (he definitely needs a better joystick :P MSFF2 FTW!)

Thanks for the introduction! It's great to meet you all!

BuB

#53 LeBigTed

LeBigTed

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:22

Well, Better late than never,

I would like to tell you Jason, this is a very nice tread ! Thank you very much, you've right when you say it's a hobby and the forum is for me (but I think I'm not alone) as important as the game. I understand that it is a tool for your teams too ;o)
And now we know developpers' faces we can think about their fantastic work during flights ! ;)

I hope developpers will see this line :

Ia xachu vam skazat BELCHOI PRIVET iz Parije !!!! SPACIBA BELCHOI !!!! ETA NE TOLKA ATLITCHNA, ETA PIZDIETZ !!!!!!!! MALADITZ !!!!(sorry it comes from heart;o)

Do you also have planned any trip in France ?

I don't know if you know it but near Paris, in June, we have a meeting with WWI and WWII planes. Nieuport 17 and Fokker DRI will fly if we have a good weather.

Here is the pics I have done some years ago, I enjoy to share it with the comunity and your teams ;o)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OO2WALTM

Cheers

Ted

#54 Ody

Ody

Posted 24 March 2011 - 12:40

I can relate to your visit. I am (was) a WW II reenactor and have e-mailed reenactors from Russia over the years (I do/did German and Russian). As I can tell you, it's the governments that do all the yelling, not the people,LOL. Reenactors from Russia are the same as in the US, UK, Hong Hong, France,etc,etc. and through out the world. The people are very friendly. All it takes is a common ground. My job had me traveled the world (excpet China and Russia) and people are the same anywhere you go.
NICE photos btw……
(One thing…you'd be surprised how many Russian reenactors do WW II German….LOL).

#55 SYN_MrWolf

SYN_MrWolf

Posted 24 March 2011 - 13:49

Wow that is a really small team. Astonishing that they created this beautifull sim.

#56 Brutal_Baron

Brutal_Baron

Posted 24 March 2011 - 15:09

That was great and informative post Jason. It is truly amazing :o how talented the ROF team is and how complicated the game engine really has become. These guys, had they been born 40 years earlier, would have been "rocket scientists" that would have gotten the Soviet’s a manned moon landing.

#57 Luftwaffles1000

Luftwaffles1000

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:36

"As millions of American families who lived through the Cold War can attest, the Soviet Union was viewed as a “godless evil empire” that aimed to wipe out America. Sure that’s the simple way to look at it, but my father (Vietnam Air Force veteran), grandfather (aerospace worker building bombers) and even I (4F) at one point was willing to devote all our energies to defeating international communism in the name of freedom. An imagined threat or not, the Cold War was for real and would have made a trip like mine impossible. Boy how things have changed in a single generation."

No kidding. That's why I am so enamored by Russian history. It was always taboo as an American, so opening up a whole new perspective on things has been quite an experience.

Great photos, im glad the trip went well and you made it back safe.

#58 Hellbender

Hellbender
  • LocationMadrid, Spain (originally Brussels, Belgium)

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:46

Great article!

Finally, the real people behind Rise of Flight!

Walk on, devteam, you are my heroes.

J5_Hellbender

#59 No48_Runner

No48_Runner

Posted 26 March 2011 - 16:38

Love it - thanks for keeping us updated

#60 skater75

skater75

Posted 28 March 2011 - 19:46

Thanks for taking the time, interest in members, updates, Pictures we can now add to the names of those who help us enjoy RoF. I will always be a Fan & Supporter. Keep up the good work. There are other Sims but none can compare to RoF.
e.b.
p/s Love the pics of Moscow and of the people in your report from your trip.

#61 rkirk77

rkirk77

Posted 28 March 2011 - 19:59

Somebody needs to buy them some new flight sticks. C'mon Jason.. talk to Saitek or someone, lol

Keep it up guys! Doing awesome!

#62 Josh_Echo

Josh_Echo

Posted 28 March 2011 - 22:15

Saitek doesn't make very precise joysticks. Comfortable and durable and stuff, sure, but not very precise.

#63 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 28 March 2011 - 22:30

Andrey already has a very impressive stick on his desk, and you can't buy one like that :)

#64 rkirk77

rkirk77

Posted 28 March 2011 - 23:21

..not sure if it's wise to follow up on such a "suggestive" comment, but here we are.. lol

#65 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 28 March 2011 - 23:24

Eh, there was no innuendo implied on my part btw :)

#66 =OT=HORSE1

=OT=HORSE1

Posted 29 March 2011 - 18:29

Thank you Jason_Williams … now I feel like I've been to Moscow … was great.

#67 ArcticWolf

ArcticWolf

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:30

Very interesting read thank you!

#68 DidNotFinish

DidNotFinish

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:35

Matter of fact, he has created a new flight and damage model that is 10x more accurate than the current model. The only problem is current computers cannot run it effectively in game yet and multiplayer would be crushed due to its complexity and accuracy. The demo I saw was eye-popping cool. To say we are hampered by today’s hardware and internet bandwidth is an understatement. Maybe someday it will be possible to be deployed. We discussed many issues that some in the community like to harp on and we came to some good conclusions about what is or is not possible.

:cry: :cry: :cry: Nooooooooooo! Why?!!!

:lol: I'd love to see something 10x more accurate than ROF's FM/DM. Can you imagine?!

#69 outfctrl2

outfctrl2
  • LocationJacksonville, FL

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:17

WOW
I dont play that much, but have purchased a few planes to tinker with. This whole post blew me away. Thank you so much for introducing everyone and showing us your hard work. What got me is that what you are working on for the future and have developed it, our hardware cant handle it now.

GREAT JOB ALL!

#70 Nassault

Nassault

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:10

Must have been a lot of fun! The stories were great…I really liked the photos of the sim in development and testing, something you always here about, but to actually see it makes me appreciate the sim even more.

#71 DarkMellie

DarkMellie

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:41

Excellent post, love it when developers aren't afraid to be close to their players.

All the guys on 777 look so very… very… Russian :D

#72 ROFnut

ROFnut

Posted 03 April 2011 - 20:39

Bravo Jason! I suspect you and I are about the same age ;) and certainly the political events of our younger selves shaped our view. My professional direction went to diplomacy and though I work daily to create bridges with other countries, folks like yourself are heroes in my book.

Thanks for sharing your journey and for creating such a great product. ROF keeps me up at night and that's not always a bad thing.

BTW- next time you are in Russia, you must visit St. Pete and Novgorod.

Cheers!

#73 jayman22

jayman22

Posted 05 April 2011 - 19:30

Awsome pics and what a beautiful country. Thank you all for a dream come true. You have my support and respect. And long live Rise of Flight. Iam forcing my freinds and family to buy the game.lol. ROF revolution is here.

#74 KAPEH

KAPEH

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:17

Somebody needs to buy them some new flight sticks. …
What they realy need is airconditioning in the office. Next hot and humid Moscow summer may kill ROF project as firmly as the lack of money. :lol:

#75 Eldur

Eldur

Posted 06 April 2011 - 23:43

What kind of a monstrosity joystick is Petrovich using? A hybrid MSFF2/flight stick?

I wondered if anybody else noticed that heavily modded FFB2 stick :D
Looks like someone wanted to have his CH combo with some Force Feedback :D

#76 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 06 April 2011 - 23:45

See post #6 :)

#77 KAPEH

KAPEH

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:39

Yes….we have a number of Kulibins (Russian inventor who's name became an appellative) in Russia/Ukraine who are able to make a friends of MSSFFB2 and CH ("intercourse" the controllers, grips etc.)plus slight modifications in mechanical part of MSSFFB2 (bearing etc.)…but such modifications costs nearly the same money as the right-from-shop joystick.

#78 GOZR

GOZR
  • LocationAshland, Oregon

Posted 07 May 2011 - 16:51

Good read.!

#79 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud
  • LocationWaleska, Georgia, USA

Posted 28 May 2011 - 15:54

Quote:
Matter of fact, he has created a new flight and damage model that is 10x more accurate than the current model. The only problem is current computers cannot run it effectively in game yet and multiplayer would be crushed due to its complexity and accuracy. The demo I saw was eye-popping cool. To say we are hampered by today’s hardware and internet bandwidth is an understatement. Maybe someday it will be possible to be deployed. We discussed many issues that some in the community like to harp on and we came to some good conclusions about what is or is not possible.

Nooooooooooo! Why?!!!

I'd love to see something 10x more accurate than ROF's FM/DM. Can you imagine?!

Perhaps at a later date a video of this could be made available.

Jason, I am new to RoF by about a week now, and I'd like to thank you for this post and for yours and ALL the 777 teams towards this project and wish ALL the best in any future endevers.

G5fCmYF.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

#80 Josh_Echo

Josh_Echo

Posted 28 May 2011 - 16:11

Jason, could this new general flight model be used to tweak the aircraft in the current flight model? I mean, if the experimental G.F.M. more accurately calculates how the aircraft should behave and perform, then perhaps the values could be kludged into the current one. For example, the Nieuport 17's roll rate; if the new G.F.M. determines that the Nieuport 17 rolls faster than the current G.F.M. does, then maybe that data could be used in the Nieuport 17 F.M. revision within the current G.F.M.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users