Photo
- - - - -

I need to work on downing DR1s! =)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 23 March 2011 - 00:35

Something something SPAD. Something something then dive away. 

#2 B24_LIBERATOR

B24_LIBERATOR
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 23 March 2011 - 03:12

I tend to fly the camel a lot and outclimbing the Dr.1 and then diving onto it again seems to be the best option for me, the camel can't roll like the Dr.1 so changing directions to follow one in a DF isn't easy.

Liberator's Tutorials: http://steamcommunit...s/?id=438268482

#3 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 23 March 2011 - 04:55

I tend to fly the camel a lot and outclimbing the Dr.1 and then diving onto it again seems to be the best option for me, the camel can't roll like the Dr.1 so changing directions to follow one in a DF isn't easy.

Not easy at all… :lol: S!

Something something SPAD. Something something then dive away. 

#4 MarcoRossolini

MarcoRossolini
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:31

Ive found through my time in a dr 1 that it has trouble agressively turning to the left, maybe something I don't know but its a real pain since all the ai planes know it :S

#5 winger2

winger2

Posted 23 March 2011 - 23:54

The camel can outturn the DR to both directions. Also doings scissors in a DR doesnt help to get rid of a good camelpilot either. The, like you guys keep claiming, "better rollrate" of the DR (wich in fact is not better than the camels) doesnt help either if the camelpilot knows what he is doing. The camel is, in EACH AND EVERY single aspect) except for maybe rudder authority, and therefor in giving firing oportunities, the more capable plane. And, i cant repeat my opinion at this point often enough, if that is how it actually was back then is more than questionable.

Winger

#6 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:40

Ha! You were flying with a shade, Newguy, huh?

Naturally, I recognize that fight because I was in the Dr1. The big reason for all of the scissoring was that I hadn't flown the Dr1 in ages and I couldn't turn her left without dumping lots of altitude.

Good flying Newguy, but you look like a spoiled child when you whine about fighting an aircraft that you handily shot down. What do you want, target practice?

#7 hq_Peter_Zvan

hq_Peter_Zvan

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:56

That is like showing a video of baby seal beaters. The Dr.I clearly wasnt in form as he messed up right at the start on the left hander and was always evading from then on.
You should try that again with someone that does it better and show videos than. So that the thread name would make sence than.

#8 Flashy

Flashy
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:20

That was a damn good dog fight, and I throughly enjoyed watching it. Damn good piloting by the both of you!

Now I will get my popcorn and sit back and watch the inevitable FM "clown wagon" argument develop..

Just because I can give multiple orgasms to the furniture just by sitting on it, doesn't mean that I'm not sick of this damn war: the blood, the noise, the endless poetry...

#9 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 25 March 2011 - 15:35

No clown wagon arguments here. But on the players list Newguy was up at the top with 25 kills or so and little more than an hour of play time. Those nasty Dr1s were giving him a really hard time. I've never seen someone so utterly school his opposition (no experienced Dr1 pilots on the CP side) and then turn around and complain about hard it is for him.

P.S. You really should come clean about these shade names Newguy. I see from the leaderboard that you have yet another one, too. What's the deal? At least when I used a shade name to kick ass on J99 with the Camel I came clean about it the very next day.

#10 Nooney

Nooney
  • LocationOn your 6 Boooooom

Posted 25 March 2011 - 16:38

Ive found through my time in a dr 1 that it has trouble agressively turning to the left, maybe something I don't know but its a real pain since all the ai planes know it :S
Rotary engine, gyroscopic effect, try turning a spinning bicycle wheel in your hands on its side, it will give you an idea the forces your dealing with 8-)

No matter how good you are there are a million other people better than you boy.....Homer Simpson.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users