Tanc Killer

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Sayan

Sayan

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:18

Fictional DFWCV skin

"Танкоубивец"
Хочу сделать подарок перед релизом будущим пилотам ДФВ.
Будьте скрытны и невидимы!

Before the upcoming release of DFW C.V gift from Sayan all future its pilots.
Stay hidden and invisible! ;)

Скачка/Download here: http://files.mail.ru/WDWSNL" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://files.mail.ru/WDWSNL

corrected & reload

Attached Files

#2 Millst0ne

Millst0ne

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:13

I love the skin AND your avatar. So YES from me :D

#3 FlyingShark

FlyingShark

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:16

Sudema says "Yes".

~S~

You can vote my post up by clicking the green arrow on the right.

#4 J2_Wallenberg

J2_Wallenberg

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:38

Impressively good camo! Yes!

#5 Der_Sevtl

Der_Sevtl

Posted 02 March 2011 - 14:17

:lol: I did never think about doing this! YES!

#6 SAS

SAS

Posted 02 March 2011 - 14:52

канэчна ДА!!!!!!11111 :)

#7 B24_LIBERATOR

B24_LIBERATOR
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 02 March 2011 - 14:54

Wow! Amazing camoflage! Can barely see it!

Liberator's Tutorials: http://steamcommunit...s/?id=438268482

#8 kirock777

kirock777

Posted 02 March 2011 - 20:16

Very nice. I'd fly her!

#9 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 02 March 2011 - 20:21

Wow, that sucker would be hard to spot from above.

#10 J2_Wallenberg

J2_Wallenberg

Posted 02 March 2011 - 20:34

I don't understand the many No-votes, but I hardly expect anyone of them to tell you why. Great camo again!

#11 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 02 March 2011 - 20:57

to be fair, there is 16 yes votes and there is not 16 comments on why we like it.

#12 Tom-Cundall

Tom-Cundall

Posted 02 March 2011 - 20:59

I love it and voted yes BUT I think the metal on the radiator etc should be left as a metal texture/colour.

#13 -Requiem-

-Requiem-

Posted 02 March 2011 - 21:18

I don't like it because it looks to me as if the no mans land texture was modified slightly and slapped on. It won't matter anyway as I'll just delete the skin after install if it is approved, but it just seems like one of those gaming the game type of things to me.

*Edited for a little grammar error*

#14 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 02 March 2011 - 21:20

Wonderful camo scheme! Sure, let us add this skin! S! :D

Something something SPAD. Something something then dive away. 

#15 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 02 March 2011 - 21:23

I'm with Req.

#16 Tom-Cundall

Tom-Cundall

Posted 02 March 2011 - 21:29

Thing is No-Man's land isn't that wide so for that mile or so it's great after that it's just a neat camo design - it's not gaming the game.

#17 DidNotFinish

DidNotFinish

Posted 02 March 2011 - 21:31

it looks to me as if the no mans texture land was modified slightly and slapped on

I'd say there's a 99.9% chance that's exactly what has been done. :D

#18 B24_LIBERATOR

B24_LIBERATOR
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 02 March 2011 - 21:35

I dont know why they would delete it. It doesn't look bad or anything.

#19 -Requiem-

-Requiem-

Posted 02 March 2011 - 21:52

Thing is No-Man's land isn't that wide so for that mile or so it's great after that it's just a neat camo design - it's not gaming the game.

If the skin creator actually created the texture himself then I say it's a good job. However, if he just reused the game texture for no mans land then that is gaming the game imo. It would be the same as if we had an aircraft with a sky and cloud texture all over it, or a ground attack aircraft with the grass texture on it.

I acknowledge there is a fine line here but there should be some discussion about where that line is exactly. Even if skins such as these are accepted it illustrates the highlight of this system: We can elect which skins we want to keep and which ones we can discard.

#20 DidNotFinish

DidNotFinish

Posted 02 March 2011 - 21:55

I don't know. I don't see the need to delete a skin I dislike. I simply don't use it. :lol: I see nothing wrong with this one. People always throw a fit when someone makes a "No Man's Land" textured plane…maybe the are alergic. I could see people whining about how it'd be unfair in MP, but what exactly is and isn't fair? Are skins only fair if you can spot they from 10 miles away? ;)

#21 Tom-Cundall

Tom-Cundall

Posted 02 March 2011 - 21:56

True. But look how good camo can be - there's that famous shot of a BF109 from WWII almost exactly matching the terrain it's flying over (below) - I say leave it and imagine it was based on a good artist's recreation of a photo - maybe change the brown slightly as they wouldn't have been able to match it exactly from a B&W recon shot.

I bet he got gaming the game "no" votes when he put his skin up too!! :)

#22 -Requiem-

-Requiem-

Posted 02 March 2011 - 22:06

True. But look how good camo can be - there's that famous shot of a BF109 from WWII almost exactly matching the terrain it's flying over (below) - I say leave it and imagine it was based on a good artist's recreation of a photo - maybe change the brown slightly as they wouldn't have been able to match it exactly from a B&W recon shot.

I bet he got gaming the game "no" votes when he put his skin up too!! :)

I know that scheme and really like it too :) But it makes me wonder… did the surface finisher ( the painter) simply recreate his belief of the surrounding area on the 109 using paint or did he actually go out in the desert, grab buckets of sand and rocks, and glue it all onto the 109? :P

Our aircraft are not ghillie suits, but I hope the comparison I made is seen :)

#23 Tom-Cundall

Tom-Cundall

Posted 02 March 2011 - 22:16

I think the real criminal in that BF109 photo is whoever did the hand tinting- they tinted the sand and the plane the exact same shade as each other. But you see my point - it is plausible (if unlikely) and it is a personal skin so let it go and shoot him down on his way to no-man's land!! :)

#24 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 03 March 2011 - 00:24

Actually I believe that is a real colour photo. Germans did have colour photography back then.

Unless you think these are also hand-tinted:

But it makes me wonder… did the surface finisher ( the painter) simply recreate his belief of the surrounding area on the 109 using paint or did he actually go out in the desert, grab buckets of sand and rocks, and glue it all onto the 109? :P

I read about the paint job of those aircraft a while ago so this is off the top of my head, I think it was an entire Jagdgruppe, and I believe the pilots were giving the paint shop detailed instructions how they wanted them painted and then they did it. They actually arrived in their Battle of Britain dress some time in late 1940 so they had to be repainted. I think on those they actually used Italian paint (OMG NON-REGULATION PAINT!!!!!!!!!111) and later F models sent to the theatre came pre-painted in RLM 79 (sand coloured) and 78 (the bottom colour, which different from RLM 76 which was used in Europe).

#25 B24_LIBERATOR

B24_LIBERATOR
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 03 March 2011 - 00:30

Those are colored

#26 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 03 March 2011 - 00:56

As soon as one side loses air superiority, they start putting camo patterns on the planes upper surfaces and lower surfaces. For instance naval planes are blue on top and white underneath. Would that be gamy or intelligent. Heck though it is neat but if its not your taste nobody can change your mind.

#27 -Requiem-

-Requiem-

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:03

As soon as one side loses air superiority, they start putting camo patterns on the planes upper surfaces and lower surfaces. For instance naval planes are blue on top and white underneath. Would that be gamy or intelligent. Heck though it is neat but if its not your taste nobody can change your mind.

I think there is some confusion here. I want to clarify that I don't care about the use of camoflage on aircraft in RoF, but what I do care about is the fact that this particular "camoflage" appears to be a direct reuse of a ground texture. I'm probably in the minority here by distinguishing the difference between making your own texture as camoflage and using the game's textures to make camoflage that is exceedingly, and almost unrealistically, effective.

I'll just take the advice from TC and "let it go" so to speak, but it won't stop me from deleting the skin as I've done with several others when/if its approved :)

#28 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:11

No need to explain man :) I was just making the point that camo in general was used, I have no opinion on the texture is all.

#29 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:35

I'm sure it will get approved. Other skins that were absolutely ugly IMO were approved. I'm sorry. I love the look of the skin it looks really cool but what is next? Water texture?

Cheers

#30 Tom-Cundall

Tom-Cundall

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:08

Actually I believe that is a real colour photo. Germans did have colour photography back then.

Unless you think these are also hand-tinted:

But it makes me wonder… did the surface finisher ( the painter) simply recreate his belief of the surrounding area on the 109 using paint or did he actually go out in the desert, grab buckets of sand and rocks, and glue it all onto the 109? :P

I read about the paint job of those aircraft a while ago so this is off the top of my head, I think it was an entire Jagdgruppe, and I believe the pilots were giving the paint shop detailed instructions how they wanted them painted and then they did it. They actually arrived in their Battle of Britain dress some time in late 1940 so they had to be repainted. I think on those they actually used Italian paint (OMG NON-REGULATION PAINT!!!!!!!!!111) and later F models sent to the theatre came pre-painted in RLM 79 (sand coloured) and 78 (the bottom colour, which different from RLM 76 which was used in Europe).

Imp I'm not arguing that colour photos were available to both sides (look at the excellent World at War TV series) that one looks like a black and white and then tinted photo though - my granddad was a keen amateur photographer in the war and after and did his own tints it's fairly obvious when something is 'natural' colour film and when it's been tinted - that just looks like a colour wash to me for effect.

#31 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 20 March 2011 - 19:08

Poll concluded; thread locked.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users