• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 09 February 2011 - 23:17

Hey guys,

I know everyone has different tastes when it comes to visuals and I was curious to know if anyone has tried the ENB Series DX9 mod with ROF with any success? It does work with ROF as I have tried it, but it makes the sky waaaay too bright. You can tweak the parameters, but I have not spent much time with it.

If any of you tweakers found a good combination that you like, but different from ROF settings let's share.

This is a very popular mod for FSX and other games so I thought some of you might want to experiment with ROF.

The team doesn't have time to constantly tweak lighting settings and we like what we've done so far, but I know some of you fly without HDR or Bloom cause you don't like our settings. Maybe this tool will give you another option.

It will make your ROF visuals too bright at Default, but maybe it can be toned down?

I put it up for download here.

Just install to the the files to the directory where ROF.exe is installed. You can turn off the effect by hitting Shift-F12.

Disclaimer: This is someone elses mod. Use with caution and back up your ROF files before use. We're also not responsible for any harm this mod causes your computer or ROF install.

Jason

#2 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:21

Jason - I don't know much about these things, but this intrigued me since I've been very disappointed by the bright/pale/washed out look I get since I've turned on HDR, Bloom and High Contrast to see what my skins look like under the new requirements/guidelines posted by Vik. (I've never flown with those settings on, since RoF looks so good with them off) After finally figuring out that you have to hit shift+F12 to turn the effects of this mod ON (apparently they start OFF by defaut), I've tried varying all sorts of settings in the config file for this mod (basically at random, changing just about anything that seemed to possibly relate to brightness/darkness, plus some other random things just in case) and haven't been able to make any noticeable impact yet on the insanely bright screen I get when I activate these effects. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#3 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 10 February 2011 - 20:28

I'm flying without HDR, so I will give this a try??
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#4 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 10 February 2011 - 23:29

I tried is a bunch yesterday and like Panther says, we can't seem to get to change appearance by tweaking it, so it may not be 100% compatible with ROF. But give it a try if you want to see what we're talking about.

Jason

#5 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 16 March 2011 - 17:06

This is a good idea to try, and to my knowledge HDR hasn't damaged anything (but I understand the need to put the provisio down).

I've used HDR in other flightsims to some success. It has even improved frame rates significantly in one particular sim for some unknown reason (well documented by many others I might add…), so you never know what an experiment or two might turn up.

That said, if I remember correctly (it has been some time) Boris has different versions of it beyond the ini files, so the one posted here may not be the best for RoF? I simply do not know.

#6 jotaele

jotaele

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:31

I have open a new post about this.http://riseofflight....hp?f=49&t=21956" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=49&t=21956
I hope you check it.
PS:maybe you could not get to see the changes in the configuration file for placement enbseries.ini that the dll does not read from the same directory,but the DATA folder.

#7 VonBelow

VonBelow

Posted 03 March 2015 - 16:07

I just downloaded this today.  I have no ill effects from the program. Actually, I have a great appearance and FPS (75to85) with HDR set to high along with other high settings, including supersampling. Below is a guide that I came across. 

http://forum.donanim...33136252/tm.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users