Photo
- - - - -

Just Wondering

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Crowwalker

Crowwalker

Posted 04 February 2011 - 23:44

I am running 2 Nvidia GTX 250's in SLI mode and ROF runs great at high settings with great fps.(50 to 60)
Was wondering what others where running and what kind of fps folks are getting..

#2 Crowwalker

Crowwalker

Posted 04 February 2011 - 23:47

Crap. sorry folks I put this in the wrong forum.. Senior moment..
Though I am running a AMD Quad-Core no problems..

Would a mod move this to the Video Card forum.

Thanks..

#3 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 05 February 2011 - 00:10

I am running an pentium quad core and a ATI 5870. I think I get around 40-50 fps, not max settings because some things I dont need to see, like grass and ground shadows. I run at 1920x1600 I think 24" display res. I enjoy the game smooth enough to kill myself fast hehe.

#4 Bilbo_Baggins

Bilbo_Baggins

Posted 05 February 2011 - 00:44

I am running 2 Nvidia GTX 250's in SLI mode and ROF runs great at high settings with great fps.(50 to 60)
Was wondering what others where running and what kind of fps folks are getting..

ROF is not supposed to work well in SLI mode. Try setting ROF.exe to single GPU in your Nvidia control panel, and see if you get more frames. I use SLI anti aliasing 8x.

#5 O_catarM

O_catarM

Posted 05 February 2011 - 05:51

ROF is not supposed to work well in SLI mode. Try setting ROF.exe to single GPU in your Nvidia control panel, and see if you get more frames. I use SLI anti aliasing 8x.
Do you use "overide app settings " or "enhance" Soon as I disable application controled AA it looks like AA is not working in game at all.I got 460 GTX SLI all maxed apart from lanscape at med and I get 30 FPS ground level and 45FPS in the air.

#6 Bilbo_Baggins

Bilbo_Baggins

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:03

I used overide, and left no aa setting in rof setup. I didn't have good results with Q AA.

#7 King_Richard

King_Richard

Posted 05 February 2011 - 07:27

While ROF hasn't been optimized for sli, I also use the force alternate 2 for sli. I've never tried the single gpu and wouldn't want to either since I heard from some others on here with a gtx 260 were struggling to get high settings.

I run everything at max except for shadows: special medium, and shaders quality: high, and hdr:med. I lowered all of those so I could enable the 2x sparse grid supersambling and really couldn't tell the difference between the higher settings. Res 1920x1080. I prefer hdr:med over hdr:high as well.

With a little bit of tweaking, the game could run maxed out on gtx260's in sli, smoothly, I believe. I've ran it maxed out for taking screenshots when I was working on some skins and it only stuttered near the ground sometimes for me. But, I'm not worried about maxing it out, not too much of a difference from where I'm at right now and don't feel like clocking the system for it.

Point being, you can use force alt 2 with sli and it should run fine. Would be nice for ROF to support sli though.

#8 Bilbo_Baggins

Bilbo_Baggins

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:14

I was experimenting with this subject a while back and started this thread where I got some advice:
SLI utilization
What I got out of it was that FAFR will work, sure. Even throwing it on SLI will work. But SLIAA seemed to be the best utilization of an extra redundant card. Judge for yourselves, and any new thoughts on the subject are appreciated.

#9 O_catarM

O_catarM

Posted 05 February 2011 - 13:25

No, can't get AA to work unless selected in game.Nvidia Inspector or Nvidia control panel won't let me force AA.I left SLI mode at AFR2 selected multisampling and game looks picture perfect no jagies at all and I get 35-45 FPS in dogfight with 30 planes.Only thing is I get shimmering at the edge of the map which i got use to by now.Maybe when the new version of Nhancer comes out(IF)I might try to force AA again

#10 Sherman7

Sherman7

Posted 08 February 2011 - 23:20

Phenom II X2 555 unlocked to X4 @ 3.5ghz, single HD5770, maxed quality settings, AA x4, HDR med., 1080p res. and averaging mid 30's-40 FPS thru long (1 hr.) sessions. Looking to upgrade to a 2gb mem. card, 6970 because I'm at 96% memory usage on the GPU and get occasional BSOD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users