Photo
- - - - -

Mission Editor: Groups/Templates

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 King_Richard

King_Richard

Posted 29 January 2011 - 20:28

Since I've been playing with the editor for the past few days, I've really come to like some of the options in it, especially the >>Groups<< where you can save a "selection to file" and reuse your template in the mission by using the groups tab. If you don't know, the groups go into the missions folder for use in the editor.

I'd like this thread to contain any valuable reusable >>Groups<< that anyone has made. If you put one up here then please just include a description and maybe a picture, plus the files for the group this way we can share/learn and make mission building easier and less time consuming!

Here's my tank factory, it'll respawn a group of tanks after they are all killed unless the enemy damages the factory more then 50% or whatever percentage you want, at which point it'll activate a repair timer, once the factory is repaired it'll continue respawning your tanks. There are two groups, one for the factory and one for the vehicle.
Attached File  TankFactory.jpg   261.34KB   1966 downloads
Place the factory, then put in the number of vehicles you want. Once you do that then connect the green boxes to the red boxes shown in the picture. You can move the blue box wherever you want them to go, just remember they're set to follow the road. Notes:

The killed counter must equal the number of tanks at your factory. This way, however many tanks you put in the factory will equal the number of tanks allowed in the mission.

There's a spawn timer (vehicle) and a repair timer (factory) that you can adjust to your liking.

Also, the vehicles need seperate waypoints since they will not remember who their leader is when they spawn. If the vehicles are attacked, they'll also stop moving to the next waypoint and hopefully engage whoever's attacking them, the stop lasts for a minute, maybe a bit too long but it was entertaining watching 5vs3 using this setup, the 5 killed all 3 while losing 1. After a minute of being stopped they'll continue on to their checkpoint. If hit again, they'll stop. I'm thinking a 30 second stop or so will help keep their formation a bit better since 1 of the 5 started pulling ahead of the others. Or a 10-20 second pause at waypoints could also keep them in formation.

Factory is TankFactoryGermany and vehicle is VehicleSpawnGermany.

File is here: Attached File  TankFactory.zip   3.27KB   81 downloads

AAA_ChkZones

This is a set using the new Mulitplayer checkzones, which also works in singleplayer I believe. There's 3 types of AAA coverage in this pack, one for Airfields, one for the Frontlines, and one for the middle of no mans land (between the frontlines). I've tested these out and have found them very efficient. There's a high altitude group of AAA and a low altiude group of AAA. When a player of the opposite coalition enters the largest checkzone area it'll activate the smaller checkzones within it as well as the High Alt AAA guns. If a player enters the range of one of the low alt AAA guns, then the high alt AAA will be deleted until the player leaves the low alt AAA range of guns, at which point the high alt AAA will spawn back in and keep firing away until the player has left their range. High Alt AAA gun range is set to 3500m and is a sphere, meaning if you fly over at 4000m, you will not activate the AAA. Low Alt AAA is set to 1750m. Each group consist of:

Entered/Left Timers - these can be used to trigger other events and they're also used to activate the checkzones of the low alt guns so don't delete them. Entered is used to report when a plane enters and Left is used to report when a plane leaves. These are the reports coming from the largest Checkzone.

Activate/Deactivate Triggers - you can use these to deactivate or activate the largest checkzone in the group. I've set them up so that they get activated on mission begin via mission begin trigger.

The Groups:

AAA_Allied_H+L, this group is great for placing on the frontlines since it gives you a could wide rang of coverage and will deterr any low enemy flights over the lines. It consist of 4 High Alt AAA guns (13pdraaa) and two seperate groups of 4 Low Alt AAA guns (thornycroftaaa). 3 groups with each their own checkzone. The Central version is the same, except using their own guns.

AAA_AlliedAB_H+L, this group is for use around Airfields or other strategic assets. It consist of two groups of 4 AAA guns, one High Alt group and one Low Alt group. The Central version is the same, except using their own guns.

AAA_Neutral+L, this group consists of one group of 4 AAA Low Alt guns. I used the Allied Mobile version in this one. This one is great to use in gaps of coverage between the Allied and Central trenches.

Allied or Central_Checkzone, this is just a checkzone set up to check for the named coalition, but it includes the deactivate/activated and Entered/Left triggers connected to it. They are not enabled, so will have to trigger the activate to use them.

All AAA units are set to High skill level. A player may be able to zoom bye at low level every now and then, but their chances of survival are slim when they're in range of these Low Alt guns. The High Alt guns aren't very accurate but if a player starts dropping down to 1500m or so, it'll begin to get a little nerve wrecking with 4 of these guns firing on you. I tried using LMG's, but they're useless unless your within 200m or so. I left them out since the Low Alt guns can fill their shoes.

Attached File  AAA_ChkZones.zip   15.77KB   73 downloads

Multiplayer Recon Template

Complex Trigger instructions On the first page, second post of this thread you'll find a template provided by =J99=Sizzlorr which contains a good starting point for setting up a recon flight for multiplayer use. As well as some other info to complex triggers if you follow the later links.

Remember, goes into your ROF\data\missions folder. Then place them in your mission by selecting from the >>Groups<< tab on the right hand side in the mission editor.

#2 King_Richard

King_Richard

Posted 12 June 2011 - 05:54

Balloon Spawn Plane

I'm feeling a tad lazy so I'm not going to upload a nice picture for ya's but I will explain it for you.

What you get:

- 2 planes that spawn when a baloon is killed

- 1 baloon that will respawn in 30 minutes after it's been killed and also starts on the ground but you can easily change that. Also goes up to 1500m and "baloon downtime" is the time it takes to respawn.

- 3 waypoints all set to 1500m @150km/hr speed. With a priority of Low.

- 1 force complete and land command that will return the flight home and delete it after it's landed, or killed. You can change the time for which they patrol by changeing the "patrol time" timer.

You shouldn't need to adjust the waypoints, but you should place the landing icons at an appropiate airfield. The planes that spawn in are 2x Se5a's with a "normal" ai level. I like the "high" ai level but normal works too. I wouldn't use "ace" though since they're sharpshooters at that setting and very deadly in any near head on pass or deflection shots. I've simplified, grouped triggers that you don't need to mess with, and built in some backups to delete them once they've been used to make sure there deleted in order to keep the mission running smooth.

Attached File  Balloon Spawn Plane.zip   2.83KB   67 downloads

Balloon Spawn Plane V2 just adds the two aircraft popping red flares at one of the waypoints.
Attached File  Balloon Spawn Plane V2.zip   2.58KB   58 downloads

SmartFlight_2.0

Well, I've actually dumbed down the SmartFlight a tad, simply becuase the success/fail report was giving me problems. I'll work on that again whenever I finish my mission. What I have now, is something that is reliable. Each flight package contains two aircraft who'll let you know when the flight is complete. You can you use this complete trigger to trigger other flights or whatever else you can imagine. For simplicity, the flight is complete when both aircraft have either, landed, KIA, crashed or recieved critical damage, and can be a mix of the above.

Attached File  SmartFlight_2.0.zip   14.66KB   62 downloads

More details on page 2, post #13 Mission Editor: Groups/Templates

Remember, goes into your ROF\data\missions folder. Then place them in your mission by selecting from the >>Groups<< tab on the right hand side in the mission editor.
Questions, comments, additions, are always welcomed.

#3 JoeCrow

JoeCrow

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:04

Thanks for that. The topic is a good idea!
:S!:

#4 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:29

Agreed, super topic and bookmarked. Thanks

sig.png

#5 King_Richard

King_Richard

Posted 12 June 2011 - 09:43

I'll be tweaking the "Balloon Spawn Plane" in a bit. I added a flare command so that they'll shoot off red flare's at one of the waypoints to simulate the idea that they see you and are coming for ya. I added the flare really just to make it easier for the player to see it and know that troubles coming. I'm also pulling an all nighter so I can adjust my sleep schedule, so I should have some more templates up later on if everything works as planned.

#6 King_Richard

King_Richard

Posted 12 June 2011 - 14:02

Balloon Spawn Plane V2 has been added.

Adds flares.

#7 King_Richard

King_Richard

Posted 12 June 2011 - 19:18

Success_Fail_Flight

Sorry about that, but if downloaded the version before this post, then that one had an error in it when I tried adding in some extra features and I failed to doublecheck the work. I forgot to create a link but it should be good now. I don't have time to test it out today but I'll get around to it and if I make any improvements on it then I'll update you's.

#8 King_Richard

King_Richard

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:12

Success_Fail_Flight

While the idea was great, I've redone this thing about 3 times now trying to minimize errors and simplify the logic being used. But, I'm finding that the first mission goes great, any flights performed afterwards though, are unpredictable. I'll keep tweaking and trying to find the problem but figured I'd let ya's know that it's buggy in it's current state. I'm going to go back to one aircraft and see what I can do from there. Maybe that'll keep things in proper order instead of using the counters, activate/deactivate logic on everything required for more then one aircraft. Once I get a reliable 1 aircraft flight, I'll upload that.

#9 Flashy

Flashy
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 13 June 2011 - 13:40

Keep it up KR, these templates could make life very easy for us! I will try to remember to post my dynamic AAA spawner in this thread when I get home as well. It might be of use to someone..

Just because I can give multiple orgasms to the furniture just by sitting on it, doesn't mean that I'm not sick of this damn war: the blood, the noise, the endless poetry...

#10 King_Richard

King_Richard

Posted 14 June 2011 - 13:46

dynamic AAA spawner

Sounds interesting. I'd like to see it.

And I have great news. After hours upon hours, I've finally nailed it. No lie, I had to rebuild my brain about 50 times to get this thing working, lol. Well, really about 8 attempts is what it took and I didn't even realize why it wasn't working until I checked my tank factory again. Future advice for those interested, when you freeze a counter by deactivating it, it still counts. When you then activate it, it'll trigger the next event as long as it's hit it's predetermined count number. That's what was causing me problems. The SmartFlight is now working. There's a bit of redundancy going on in there once again but this is to ensure that we get a report from the AI when something happens, and also to ensure that only one of these spawned flights is active at a time, meaning no duplicates in the air which is what my previous problem was that I kept running into. There's also a built in self detonate but I'll explain that when put the file up. I'll start working on trying to explain what's happening in it and upload it here in a bit.

I'm now calling it the SmartFlight

#11 King_Richard

King_Richard

Posted 14 June 2011 - 14:31

SmartFlight has been added to the second post.

AI flight of 2 aircraft. They'll report to you if their mission was a success or failure. A success is triggered when atleast one of the aircraft land safely. A fail is triggered when both aircraft are KIA, crash, or recieve critical damage.

#12 King_Richard

King_Richard

Posted 18 June 2011 - 15:16

AAA_NoMansLand has been added to the first post.

This is a set of 18 watchmen who spawn 4 AAA guns when activated. At the same time, they'll delete 3-4 other watchmen in areas where there's hopefully no action in order to keep the number of active objects low. There really shouldn't ever be any more the 18-22 guns active at one time. If every single portion of the 5km x 10km area were to have both coalitions of aircraft crossing at once, I believe you would hit just shy of 30 guns active at once. I really do not see that happening though, especially since if flak starts going off near you, other aircraft are going to head your way to check you out. I've tested this method with about 20 watchmen, and using the delete trigger where needed, had enemy AI flights crossing the line, and 2 human flights crossin on opposite ends to see if I could crash the game and it didn't. That's all the testing that I can do.

#13 King_Richard

King_Richard

Posted 20 June 2011 - 00:38

SmartFlight_2.0

Template contains:

- 2 aircraft in each flight package who'll report the flight complete when both have, landed, been killed, crashed, or recieved critical damage.

- Each flight has a "Start" and "Complete" timer along with a group. Trigger the start to start the flight, use the complete to trigger the flight again, another flight, or whatever your imagination tells you to do. Inside the group you'll find your waypoints, a flight timer and maybe a patrol timer, a "TakeOff/Land" group and a group named "brain". Simply adjust your waypoints, set the max flight time you want your flight airborn and your set. The "Flight Time" timer will trigger the waypoints located in the brain and bring your flight home to land them. No need to adjust the landing commands since I took awile adjusting this to make sure no one would crash on landing. Just place your planes near the hangers pointing out towards the field for take off and your landings should be hassle free. The waypoints in the brain are set to 750m altitude.

- SmartFlight_2.0_FighterSweep, is two N17's with large low priority waypoints set to 2000m @140km/hr.

- SmartFlight_2.0_Patrol, this is 2 Se5's who'll fly out to your patrol waypoints and will activate the Patrol timer. The patrol timer will send them home when it expires. The "Flight Time" timer was left there just for a backup. Waypoints are set to 2000m, low priority, 180km

- SmartFlight_2.0_Recon, set of two Spad 13's who'll zip along your waypoints acting as recon, I've set them up with the photo ammo setting. They really do cruise along quite well at 3000m, 180km, and the waypoints are set to a medium priority.

- SmartFlight_2.0_Strike, this one is pretty cool and works rather well, 2 Breguet14's loaded with 8 x 40kg, they're the only flight set with limited ammo checked, do not change this. Between waypoints 01-02 are your two attack area commands labeled as Target A and B which correspond to the appropiate aircraft, A or B. They'll release their bombs over this area at 3000m and continue right on to the next waypoint. AI level is to low, to try and make them easier to shoot down since rear gunners are deadly, waypoints are set to 3000m @ 180km, with medium priority. I don't know if they really fly that fast up there though, up to you if you want to slow them down. Just remember, if you change the altitude of the waypoints then you'll need to change the "y" value of the area attack commands to match your waypoints altitude.

These went through a few hours of teseting without any hitches. These are better than the original SmartFlight's, their just lacking my success/fail concept but if I get that working then I'll release another version.

Also, they'll take aproximately 4 minutes to trigger complete and will take under a minute to spawn in once start is triggered.

Download located on first page, second post.

EDIT: I forget to mention that they'll shoot flares as well, aircraft A will shoot a flare on takeoff and either one will shoot a flare when ondamage is triggered.

#14 King_Richard

King_Richard

Posted 25 June 2011 - 20:39

AAA_ChkZones has been added to the first post.

This is a set using the new Mulitplayer checkzones, which also works in singleplayer I believe. There's 3 types of AAA coverage in this pack, one for Airfields, one for the Frontlines, and one for the middle of no mans land (between the frontlines). I've tested these out and have found them very efficient. There's a high altitude group of AAA and a low altiude group of AAA. When a player of the opposite coalition enters the largest checkzone area it'll activate the smaller checkzones within it as well as the High Alt AAA guns. If a player enters the range of one of the low alt AAA guns, then the high alt AAA will be deleted until the player leaves the low alt AAA range of guns, at which point the high alt AAA will spawn back in and keep firing away until the player has left their range. High Alt AAA gun range is set to 3500m and is a sphere, meaning if you fly over at 4000m, you will not activate the AAA. Low Alt AAA is set to 1750m.

#15 King_Richard

King_Richard

Posted 30 June 2011 - 23:01

AAA_ChkZones

I'll update this one sometime today or over the weekend, I found a minor problem in it that I really didn't account for and assumed that "left" would take into account but it doesn't. If a player is killed while in the AAA checkzone, there's a chance that the AAA unit will stay in the mission until someone fly's through the checkzone again. The fix:

I changed the event that triggers the timer "ObjectEntered" to "ObjectEnteredandAlive" and I added another event to the timer "left" which is "ObjectKilled". Which means the timer "left" now has two events triggering it "ObjectLeft" and "ObjectKilled".

I wish I would've caught this sooner because I had to change 78 checkzones in my mission to match the changes that I just mentioned, talk about time consuming, lol. The checkzones were already linked to other events so I couldn't just delete them and replace them. I'll let you's know when I upload the fixed templates but wanted to give ya's a heads up incase your already using them.

#16 MadTommy

MadTommy

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:12

King_Richard thanks you very much.. this is excellent stuff.

I've just started making missions again and was looking for a resource like this.. when i have some templates i'll share my own.

Its a shame other have not followed your lead… but it seems a bit like that here in this community, folks not too willing to share.

PS is the AAA_ChkZones temp fixed?

#17 King_Richard

King_Richard

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:34

We've discovered some other problems that go along with using multiplayer checkzones, so I haven't fixed the AAA one. The complex trigger instructions link talks about the problem a bit on page 4. Basically, if more then one enemy plane is in the checkzone, the trigger will activate the AAA, but, if one of those planes leaves the area then it'll deactivate the AAA even though there's still enemy planes in the zone.

And I've seen people willing to share, it's just scattered out about the forums where as I'm slowly trying to convey the message to encourage others to post here as well. And then there's the problem of trying to make a template that is generic enough for everyone to use, that one has hindered me from time to time trying to organise your own template to make it simple enough for someone else to look at it and understand it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users