Photo
- - - - -

How to get 3 guys off your six in less than 20 seconds

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Nassault

Nassault

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:35

So I was messing around in RoF, and I wondered if I could kill 3 bandits trailing my six with bombs. So I tried it, and here's what happened. You have to hand it to the physics engine. The shockwave blowing the wings to bits.

This video was edited and shot in about 20 minutes as a quickie, so it is by no means meant to look decent!

Thanks,

#2 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 28 January 2011 - 02:11

:lol:

#3 Hvy_Cavalry_Sgt

Hvy_Cavalry_Sgt

Posted 28 January 2011 - 02:15

Very nice!

#4 =IRFC=AirBiscuit

=IRFC=AirBiscuit
  • LocationNaples, FL USA

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:27

Wow, that's really impressive! I figured the shock wave might destroy nearby airborne planes, but to see it pull the wings off upward, and nose the plane over like that mid-flight.. very cool.

Nice job on the vid too!

=IRFC=Air Biscuit

http://quetoo.org

#5 Hvy_Cavalry_Sgt

Hvy_Cavalry_Sgt

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:17

I just learned that exploding aircraft also make a shock wave.

I was pretty close to this Handley-Page when his fuel tank blew…

My plane jerked upward - I thought it had been damaged or destroyed - which was probably fortunate.

#6 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:57

Sweet movie! S!

Something something SPAD. Something something then dive away. 

#7 redbaron1917

redbaron1917

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:12

I've got another one to get one guy off at least pull up quickly as if to loop and instantly unload a barrage of flares in the face of the pursuit plane —-not very sporting and it will make some mad probably get you shot up anyway by the multiplayer aces but it does seem to work against the newbies . Hey this is survival at all costs eh ? :)

#8 SYN_Jedders

SYN_Jedders

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:53

nice vid :)

#9 DidNotFinish

DidNotFinish

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:57

Yep, exploding planes also make shockwaves. I was shooting down a HP in my Albatros DV and it exploded with me…well, danger close. :lol: The HP caused a chain explosion, my Ably's fuel tank ignited sending both of us down in flames.

Also, I noticed when my Albatros hit the ground, it make a "thump" sound upon impact with the ground. However, the HP made a tremendous "boom" when it hit the ground! 8-) Awesome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users