• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 10 January 2011 - 17:01

Hello everyone,

Welcome to my special nook where we can create new and interesting charts, tools and graphics that would be of interest to mission builders, history buffs, ROF fans in general or maybe the team itself.

As someone who is naturally curious and interested in history I'd like to apply certain bits of data or information to our ROF world and present it in a useful way to the community.

Maybe you have math skills, programming skills or are a history whiz and can contrinute to the proposed projects? Let's work together to make some cool stuff.

Jason

P.S. this is not a place to argue about the development of the sim itself. This is a construction zone where we simply apply information and create things based on the current product.

#2 SYN_MrWolf

SYN_MrWolf

Posted 10 January 2011 - 17:16

Nice Idea Jason.

I have some design/3d/editing skills. If there are nice ideas I am willing to put some time in it. And giving up the copyrights to get it in the game.

#3 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 10 January 2011 - 17:18

Interesting. Have anything specific in mind? I love charts. I'd like to see a solidified timeline for aircraft introduction for use by mission builders.

#4 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 10 January 2011 - 17:25

Good idea, Jason!

I have lots of ideas I would like to propose and perhaps this will provide a venue for it.

And perhaps we can suggest ways to build on a basic concept.

As long as we aren't just creating straw men for others to beat on :shock:

The idea should be to add to an idea…

S!

HT

#5 J2_Wallenberg

J2_Wallenberg

Posted 10 January 2011 - 17:38

Hey, Jason, I'm average at maths and some basics of flight physics (basics!) as well as I tend to be a generalist in things technical.

Air combat tactics are another thing I'm interested in and meanwhile got a good theoretical (and a slowly developing practical) background on.

I did some 3d modelling and created an Etrich Taube for X-Plane v8 using plugin-controlled extra features like moving valve rockers and late/early ignition.
Info page

I can translate English to German perfectly and vice versa fairly well.

Since this sim is what I've been waiting for more than a decade now, I'm pleased to be helpful in its development.

#6 Interloper

Interloper

Posted 10 January 2011 - 17:45

Well I have that Martinsyde F.4 Buzzard started, I don't know if that is what you mean though… :?

But I am willing to contribute that to the cause! :D
I would be happy to do some 3D modeling.

Interloper

Realized I should have posted a link.

Martinsyde F.4 Buzzard

#7 SYN_Flashman

SYN_Flashman

Posted 10 January 2011 - 17:50

Is this also a place to make requests for charts and such?

I made two charts for Syndicate which show air speed and cimb speed for various aicraft. They are a little out of date as they dont inculde aircraft from DH2 onwards. I made these using the figures given in the store section so dont know how accurate they are.

Im no GFX artiste hence the basic nature. Perhaps someone with skill can make a better version which include the newer planes. Anyhoo I might split them into two, one with earlier planes, one with later rather than trying to cram them all onto one sheet.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4WR1LDOX" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4WR1LDOX

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EUC49F8V" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EUC49F8V

Of course there is my bombing guide. I intend to either update this one, or create a new one when the Gotha comes out, depending upon how it all works.

Level Bombing in Rise of Flight: A Guide

#8 Riemann73

Riemann73

Posted 10 January 2011 - 17:56

Nice idea. S!

#9 Tom-Cundall

Tom-Cundall

Posted 10 January 2011 - 17:56

I can help out with (hopefully) interesting WWI history nuggets which may be the basis for future missions or features…

#10 A.S.Pushkin

A.S.Pushkin

Posted 10 January 2011 - 18:07

I would like Breguet interest in this place :roll:

Attached Files

#11 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 10 January 2011 - 18:10

Tom, I'm not sure if that is what Jason intended, perhaps we could start a seperate thread for this, but I had a similar idea:
Most of the time in building a historic mission is not in the actual mission editing but in finding which squadron flew where, when; where were the lines situated? The tactical situation? What typical missions were flown etc. etc.

So I (and I hope others) am willing to create a mission (preferably for Vintage Mission night) if someone provides me with the scenario (ie doing all the hard work as in research).

I guess I better start a new thread and explain further…

P.S. to Jason: excellent idea! :)

#12 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 10 January 2011 - 18:49

Ok it appears the intent of this forum has been misinterpreted by some of you. It's Jason's Corner, so I will propose a project and if you have a skill to help solve it lend a hand.

I did not mean for this to be a place to drop on your wishes and ideas on me. There is enough of that in the forum already.

This is a workshop for solving problems I propose and then using our found data to do something interesting with it OUTSIDE of the game itself, but can be applied to the game in some way.

Jason

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users