* * * * * 1 votes

SYNDICATE full realism server

• Please log in to reply
2184 replies to this topic

#2161 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 23 June 2016 - 11:30

@ Vander   I have noticed that your server has not been running on weekdays lately, is there something wrong?

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#2162 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 23 June 2016 - 18:00

No, nothing wrong. But if I login at night and no-one is on the server I sometimes shut it down since it makes a lot of noise (if it's warm) on the top floor! ;). Is anyone actually using it at those hours?

I have the feeling the server is empty throughout the week....

#2163 actionjoe

actionjoe
  • LocationNord, France.

Posted 23 June 2016 - 18:48

I have the feeling the server is empty throughout the week....

Sadly, yes, even the Sunday's vintage are empty nowadays.

I don't know what to do about, except to announce that on this Sunday 26th, there are a couple of frenchmen that are ready to be happily shot down on your server.

Venez nombreux! ;)

515024ActionjoeScreen.jpg

#2164 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 23 June 2016 - 19:09

Well maybe another server might be interested in our missions?

#2165 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 23 June 2016 - 23:50

I'm not quite sure I understand. Certainly, we'd be able and willing to host the Sunday Vintage missions on one of the New Wings servers if you'd like.

The questions / concerns I have are:

1> I see on the online page that your server is up.  Are you guys looking to decommission that server entirely? I'm not sure why you'd need a different server host otherwise if/while yours is up and running.

2> You guys are in the Netherlands, so running the missions on New Wings (in USA) may impact your European guests. That said, we do have a lot of folks from Europe on Wargrounds, so that may not be too much of an issue.

In any case, if there's a way we can assist - we'd be happy to. 

Regards,

4 :icon_e_salute:

#2166 Demon_

Demon_

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:25

I'm not quite sure I understand. Certainly, we'd be able and willing to host the Sunday Vintage missions on one of the New Wings servers if you'd like.

Please! No thanks! You're running a big ban list. :icon_e_wink:  Have you seen that HillBilly is part of the discussion?

#2167 Demon_

Demon_

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:40

Sadly, yes, even the Sunday's vintage are empty nowadays.

I don't know what to do about, except to announce that on this Sunday 26th, there are a couple of frenchmen that are ready to be happily shot down on your server.

Venez nombreux! ;)

What o'clock?

Turkey_Blooper_11.gif

#2168 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:41

I would like to run some of your missions with your consent. :)

#2169 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 24 June 2016 - 16:08

Please! No thanks! You're running a big ban list. :icon_e_wink:  Have you seen that HillBilly is part of the discussion?

1. I try to see as little of that person's drivel as possible.

2. Vander's comment was:  "Well maybe another server might be interested in our missions?" -- I see no mention of anyone specific 

3. Everyone ON our ban list well and truly deserves to be there, and quite frankly we'd be ecstatic to have those folks fly on your servers rather than ours, thank you very much.

So, if you have nothing meaningful to post, kindly go back to playing with your videos rather than disrupting things -- Thanks.

#2170 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 24 June 2016 - 17:38

3. Everyone ON our ban list well and truly deserves to be there, and quite frankly we'd be ecstatic to have those folks fly on your servers rather than ours, thank you very much.

So, if you have nothing meaningful to post, kindly go back to playing with your videos rather than disrupting things -- Thanks.

# 3   That is pure BULLSHIT and you and everyone knows it, you have Banned everyone with NFF tags.

#2171 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 24 June 2016 - 18:03

Stop that NW/NFF bickering, especially in Syndicate thread.

I'd love to see another server host Syndicate missions. I'm afraid that vintage missions may be to large for 16-20 players, but the working day missions were great for sandbox play. Myself I don't see a reason for multiple realistic settings servers to run Syndicate missions, possibly the same ones, and seeing what sticks with the community. 

I think the Syndicate started emptying on weekends after stats page went down. I may be wrong.

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#2172 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 24 June 2016 - 19:00

The working day missions were great for sandbox play. Myself I don't see a reason for multiple​ realistic settings server to run Syndicate missions, possibly the same ones, and seeing what sticks with the community.  

What would be wrong with a Icon server running the missions, after all not everyone of us has 20/20 vision. ;)

#2173 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 24 June 2016 - 19:21

The Syndicate missions are designed for higher player numbers than we currently have. I hope they are not added to the Wargrounds rotation.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#2174 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 24 June 2016 - 20:14

The Syndicate missions are designed for higher player numbers than we currently have. I hope they are not added to the Wargrounds rotation.

Actually, my initial thought, if we were to host them, would be to use the FnF server.  Basically, during the week it would be its typical icons-on furball format, but on Sundays, we'd flip the .sds file, and run the Vintage Missions in expert settings as a weekly "event", as it was on Syndicate.

The idea would be to replicate the way Syndicate was hosting and presenting those missions without altering Wargrounds at all.

Regards,

4 :icon_e_salute:

PS> @Trupo -- I didn't start any NW/NFF bickering, but I'll be damned if I will tolerate their lying BS, unopposed. As you know, I have their primary horse's ass on ignore, so kindly place the blame where it appropriately belongs. In addition, all NFF'rs are *not* banned on our servers. ONLY the original core guys are (and it's well deserved). Two others (names upon request) who are now NFF'rs earned their bans due to their own actions (not their tags), so, yet again, BS exceeds truth in their posts (shocking, I know).  

PPS>  Apologies to Syndicate for the extra curricular stuff -- MY original post WAS purely a response to Vander's post regarding the Syndicate missions...

#2175 Genius

Genius

Posted 24 June 2016 - 20:23

What o'clock?

Turkey_Blooper_11.gif

Maybe 19h00 GMT (21h00 French time) on Syndicate server - vintage missions

Nice gif  :D

#2176 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 25 June 2016 - 00:07

What would be wrong with a Icon server running the missions, after all not everyone of us has 20/20 vision. ;)

I know, I need to be led into fights by wingman that is not legally blind myself. The distances between objectives and airfields in these missions are such that I don't imagine them working in icons on... but one can't know without trying, right? 

The vintage missions, yes, but the regular day at the front missions? 

Four(and everyone else)- just. stop. You've reacted seriously to post that to me looks like friendly (if out of place) joke. You could have salvaged the situation by simply treating it as such. 

Demon - obviously this subject is  Serious Business enough that touching it is inviting trouble :(

I won't be able to moderate for the next 24 hours or so, so it's up to you all to not take this any further. 

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#2177 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 25 June 2016 - 14:58

I know, I need to be led into fights by wingman that is not legally blind myself. The distances between objectives and airfields in these missions are such that I don't imagine them working in icons on... but one can't know without trying, right?

I'm talking about the "Day at the Front" missions. 

Personally I think they would be a lot more fun than the usual fur-ball maps.   

#2178 WWI-Jack

WWI-Jack

Posted 27 June 2016 - 14:15

Hi. I have 3 datacenter servers (real powerfull CPU with 1GBit lines) that runs some other easy apps. I'm interested in testing ROF server on one of them and are looking for missions that can hold 64 players. Is it possible to get your missions? PM me.

#2179 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 27 June 2016 - 21:24

Hi Jack,

If I may ask, where do you anticipate 64 friends coming from to go along for the ride?  Like most flight sim servers, reputation has a significant draw for the veterans, and unfortunately many/most have become disgruntled, mostly only the die-hards are left. 

While it isn't up to me, Vander has the intellectual property rights to his missions, Syndicate as a squadron and all those regular patrons made the Sunday mission a must-fly event for many years, but it seems those days are gone.  It would be more seemly to pass along the heritage of those 'blood and sweat' missions he created to other long term members of the community.

@ Trupobaw, you really think it was the stats server disconnect that killed VM's?  I doubt that very much, or I really misplaced the perspective of the vets who came to fly Sunday.  VM's died a slow and painful death by attrition to the community, because the game is out of development (will not say dead as long as there are public servers) and there is no going back to capture the momentum it once had.  When we as a squad stopped flying there wasn't anyone to seed the server, so nobody came.

Pilots are sheep, they go where the flock is.  :icon_e_salute:

#2180 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 27 June 2016 - 22:15

Well, yes that's true. Maybe the main reason our server is empty because we as a squad moved on to BoS on our Sunday get together. The other thing is I/we stopped creating missions, organizing events and such. Keeping ppl to fly on your server is hard work! :)

I will post our current missions here so anyone can try them out. The most important thing is to have a fixed point in the week for special missions / event to get high number of players on your server....

#2181 etzel

etzel

Posted 28 June 2016 - 10:59

[....]

@ Trupobaw, you really think it was the stats server disconnect that killed VM's?  I doubt that very much, or I really misplaced the perspective of the vets who came to fly Sunday.  VM's died a slow and painful death by attrition to the community, because the game is out of development (will not say dead as long as there are public servers) and there is no going back to capture the momentum it once had.  When we as a squad stopped flying there wasn't anyone to seed the server, so nobody came.

Just 2 Cents from my personal perspective: The stats-page is not only relevant for the statisfaction of my inner stats-whore... I also like the possibility to check in Detail what happened, e.g. when I do a high-level-bomb run and maybe didn't had the chance to check the success of the bombs directly, or when I am engaged in a fight with more pilots and manage to escape => in the log I can check then who were the opponents I was fighting with. And finally esp. in the long-run missions many people are not able to stay until the end and in the stats page you have the possibility to check if the map ended via completion or after time out of the map, and the chat-log maybe gives you also the Chance to see who did win...

So stats-pages are esp. on the full-real-servers for me a relevant factor for the attraction of the server...

But well, you are absolutly right with the main issue:

Pilots are sheeps, they go where the flock is​

:icon_e_salute:

But in general I have the Feeling, that activities on Syndicate, Wargrounds and J99 could be a little bid alligned to collect the flock somehow, e.g. that J99 hosts in rotation on sundays (and maybe an addtional weekend-day) their created missions as well as the most popular SYN-Missions, somehow in a "light-turnament-mode", while Wargrounds is place to go on all other days ;-)

...just my idea on the actual Situation...

#2182 SYN_Semispud

SYN_Semispud

Posted 04 September 2016 - 22:21

Its been a great run.  Thanks for everything Vander!!!!!  :icon_e_salute:

#2183 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 05 September 2016 - 10:55

Thanks everyone who turned up yesterday! We had a great time. At one point we had 50 ppl on the server! Unfortunately, our old server (PC) couldn't cope with a lot of pilots flying close together so we did also experienced the traditional "rubber-banding" and even crashes...

But it was great to fly in big formations again with real gunners and great opponents!  :icon_e_salute:

#2184 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 05 September 2016 - 13:16

#2185 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 13 September 2016 - 16:43

A little late to the thread to thank those who made the last VM a really special day.   

Seeing that formation of 6+ EIII's arrive over the front was such a heart-warming moment (or was it a matter that all the Rolands were taken??? ).  It inspired us to take up DH2's the very next flight, which was a very short one for us as a squad, LOL...

Anyways, several old friends and foes returned (you know who you are), but many were very much missed (and you know who you are).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users