Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

SYNDICATE full realism server

• Please log in to reply
2184 replies to this topic

#81 Feathered_IV

Feathered_IV

Posted 25 February 2011 - 13:08

Hmm I've been having that ping issue too since the last couple of updates. Thought I was the only one.

#82 Miggins

Miggins

Posted 25 February 2011 - 19:02

Not been able to play much RoF at all for a good while. I've been off work with a bad chest infection and since I got back to work I've not had the energy to even get the stick plugged in and fly. I've not even been in the hq server more than a couple of occasions since it arrived.

Hope the problems are solved for when I'm back in the air for real.

#83 Agent86

Agent86
  • LocationNorth Woods

Posted 25 February 2011 - 19:44

Well, I have tried to get into your server one time and for some reason couldnt get in.
Im fairly new to ROF (Aug 2010) The thought of no aids turned on is a bit scary :o
I need alot of practice, in that my nav skills are pretty bad, as well as my gunnery. Most of you folks are aces or close to it, right ?
I can fly most planes. I have 12 total and like the camel, Pup real well but still spin them into the ground alot :lol:
Maybe Ill grow a pair, and give it a go on Sunday ;)

~S~

Sorry About That                                                           

#84 FlyingShark

FlyingShark

Posted 25 February 2011 - 20:00

Well, I have tried to get into your server one time and for some reason couldnt get in.
Im fairly new to ROF (Aug 2010) The thought of no aids turned on is a bit scary :o
I need alot of practice, in that my nav skills are pretty bad, as well as my gunnery. Most of you folks are aces or close to it, right ?
I can fly most planes. I have 12 total and like the camel, Pup real well but still spin them into the ground alot :lol:

~S~
People on Syn are always helpful. You may want to get ventrillo, much easier to help you and for knowing what's going on and where to go.
Looking forward to see you on sunday.

~S~

You can vote my post up by clicking the green arrow on the right.

#85 Agent86

Agent86
  • LocationNorth Woods

Posted 25 February 2011 - 20:18

Ive got teamspeak, vent must be similar huh?

Sorry About That                                                           

#86 SYN_Blackrat

SYN_Blackrat

Posted 25 February 2011 - 21:39

~S~

Well I joined ROF at the end of Nov 2010 and have never used the aids and I have no previous flight sim combat experience online and am having a ball, and as to Aces, no way we get shot down as much as anyone else :)

My first online combat flight sim experience was a week after I bought ROF on the syndicate server and I haven't looked back since, just do it and get ventrilo you will get help, Req and Darling took me up for my inaugural visit in an E3 :shock:

Don't be worried, just turn up, expect to get shot down, frustrated but have fun and chat with like minded people. Flying with others, whatever squad, will get you into the swing of it quicker than a years worth of offline play.

#87 Agent86

Agent86
  • LocationNorth Woods

Posted 25 February 2011 - 21:53

Blackrat, thanks for the advise. Sounds encouraging! BTW your Avatar reminds me of a cartoon I watched many moons ago "Krazy Kat", There was Ignat, I think his name was, the mouse or rat would throw a brick at the cat and knock her out cold. WoW must have been 44 yrs ago …………

~S~

Sorry About That                                                           

#88 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 26 February 2011 - 20:13

ATTENTION!

There's some kind of problem with the server at the moment. The side change penalty starts counting but never finishes.

#89 SYN_Kollwitz

SYN_Kollwitz

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:59

noticed and fixed,

thx for the heads up!

cheers,
SYN_Kollwitz

#90 SYN_Speck

SYN_Speck

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:01

Most of you folks are aces or close to it, right ?

Not hardly! Not me, that's for sure. There are some great pilots & great shots who come around the server but I've actually found the servers with more aids turned on to be even more mismatched. There are pilots on some of them who immediately identify pilots whose skills aren't quite up to theirs, who know how to use externals and padlock to find them, and just relentlessly go after them sortie after sortie, building up their score. That doesn't happen on SYN. And, in a full-switch server you'll generally be able to find teammates who will help cover you rather than shoulder-shooting past you.

So yeah, "grow a pair." I think you'll find most of us are more interested in having fun than showing off our mad skillz.

~S~

#91 O_Taipan

O_Taipan

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:05

Most of you folks are aces or close to it, right ?

Not hardly! Not me, that's for sure. There are some great pilots & great shots who come around the server but I've actually found the servers with more aids turned on to be even more mismatched. There are pilots on some of them who immediately identify pilots whose skills aren't quite up to theirs, who know how to use externals and padlock to find them, and just relentlessly go after them sortie after sortie, building up their score. That doesn't happen on SYN. And, in a full-switch server you'll generally be able to find teammates who will help cover you rather than shoulder-shooting past you.

So yeah, "grow a pair." I think you'll find most of us are more interested in having fun than showing off our mad skillz.

~S~

Also there is more to do than just fight, if you want to bomb you can do that, if you want to kill 2 seaters you can do that too ;) having real objective based missions means it's not based purely on ones turn fighting ability to have fun.

#92 hq_Peter_Zvan

hq_Peter_Zvan

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:02

Could it be that I am banned from the server?
Tried to join yesterday night and the server was blacked out and under ban there was a clock counting down from 348 hours something. There were 26 people on the server at the time - was talking with a few of them on vent so the server worked normaly.

#93 SYN_MrWolf

SYN_MrWolf

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:25

There is no way we banned you Peter, i' ll check with the other syn guys. Sorry for the inconvenience.

#94 hq_Peter_Zvan

hq_Peter_Zvan

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:33

I am quite sure that it must be a game related thing and not a ban as such (except if I missed something).
Could it be that its a IP thing or maybe as the Master server went down yesterday for a bit? I did restart my comp and tried joining again, but ban was still on - will try again today when I get home.

#95 Catfish

Catfish

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:31

Hello, just was at this server - and was the only one. Not one other player in the list of 15-some servers ?
It is 9 a.m. here, and at this time i have no time in the afzternoon, or at weekends. Seems i'm the only one.

I like full realism, but with air quake or realism the online community seems to consist of 10 people i see regularly, and maybe 100 at all ?

#96 SYN_Kollwitz

SYN_Kollwitz

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:51

Hi Peter,

We haven't banned you, and i'm sorry to hear that you weren't able to join. Let me know if you have better luck today,

cheers,
SYN_Kollwitz

#97 hq_Peter_Zvan

hq_Peter_Zvan

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:05

Good to hear - thank you for the check.
I will try joining again when I get home - will let you know.

Cheers Peter

#98 Josh_Echo

Josh_Echo

Posted 22 March 2011 - 13:04

Tried to join yesterday night and the server was blacked out and under ban there was a clock counting down from 348 hours something. There were 26 people on the server at the time - was talking with a few of them on vent so the server worked normaly.

Hello Peter,

That's what you get for kicking too much ass.

Sincerely,
SYN_Josh_Echo, Ban Admin

Disclaimer: I am not actually affiliated with Syndicate.

#99 SYN_Kollwitz

SYN_Kollwitz

Posted 22 March 2011 - 13:06

Hello Peter,

That's what you get for kicking too much ass.

Sincerely,
SYN_Josh_Echo, Ban Admin

Disclaimer: I am not actually affiliated with Syndicate.

josh, stop trolling!

you post is not helpfull in any way!

cheers,
SYN_Kollwitz

#100 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 22 March 2011 - 13:16

I am sure this is just some sort of mistake or human error. :)

#101 SYN_Kollwitz

SYN_Kollwitz

Posted 22 March 2011 - 13:25

Well, remotely restarted the whole server 30 minutes ago, and restarted both the dservers as well. Haven't found any problems on our side, so hopefully Peter can join when he gets home today,

cheers,
SYN_Kollwitz

#102 SYN_Per

SYN_Per

Posted 22 March 2011 - 13:27

Do NOT quit your day-time job to pursue a career as a comedian Josh.

Discalimer: the SYNDICATE is happy Josh Echo is in no way affiliated with us.

#103 ATAG_Bliss

ATAG_Bliss

Posted 22 March 2011 - 13:52

Do NOT quit your day-time job to pursue a career as a comedian Josh.

Discalimer: the SYNDICATE is happy Josh Echo is in no way affiliated with us.

Per,

It'd be hard to quit a job when you don't have one. But kudos to him for volunteering to test the dserver ban function. Josh, let us know how it works for the next 60 days.

#104 hq_Peter_Zvan

hq_Peter_Zvan

Posted 22 March 2011 - 15:22

I can join normaly again now - cheers guys.
Probably just some strange bug or IP conflict somewhere.

#105 SYN_MrWolf

SYN_MrWolf

Posted 22 March 2011 - 15:24

Perfect!

I would certainly miss being shot down by you..again and again and again :)

See you soon.

#106 SYN_Kollwitz

SYN_Kollwitz

Posted 22 March 2011 - 15:34

good to hear that Peter, see you in the air!!!

cheers,
SYN_Kollwitz

#107 Josh_Echo

Josh_Echo

Posted 22 March 2011 - 21:54

It'd be hard to quit a job when you don't have one.

I wonder what it's like being a small-minded selective sociopath who measures human worth upon one's income level. Guess I'll never know. Well, the supercilious moneyed sort is nothing new under the sun.

But kudos to him for volunteering to test the dserver ban function. Josh, let us know how it works for the next 60 days.

Oh noes! Pope Bliss has excommunicated me! I'm going to Hell for sure now.

#108 SYN_Jedders

SYN_Jedders

Posted 22 March 2011 - 22:18

Seriously, Josh….go annoy another thread, yeh?

#109 Josh_Echo

Josh_Echo

Posted 22 March 2011 - 22:30

What's the deal, Jedders? All I did was crack a dumb joke and I got slapped with the bam stick. Any particular reason you decide to have a hissy fit over something innocuous like that?

Not that I'm broken-hearted over teh ban. There really are better servers, and I generally prefer to fly on them.

I get it; you don't like me. That's fine; I don't like you, either. But don't pretend you want me gone because of the joke on the previous page. You know as well as anyone else that anyone else making the same joke would have been met with an eye-roll and not a server ban. But your rich hoster boy Bliss hates my guts because I dared defy him about padlock half a year ago, and (gasp) spanked him when he tried to spank me, and so to please him, you make much ado about nothing to make me look like the bad guy.

Well, really, no loss for me.

#110 ATAG_Bliss

ATAG_Bliss

Posted 22 March 2011 - 23:03

Thanks for all the feedback thus far. It appears the dserver function is currently working, but I'm afraid I'm gonna need an additional 6 months to really be able to perform a good thorough test. I'm sure you can do it. Thanks for your support.

Don't forget to check out our new website: http://www.SyndicateSquadron.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.SyndicateSquadron.com

Your feedback is much appreciated.

#111 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 23 March 2011 - 16:09

Whatever the hell is going on in here between Josh and SYN guys needs to stop now. This is our only warning. We don't care who started it or who said what. Just knock it off or we'll start banning people from the forum.

Don't send me any PMs about this either. Just stop and move on.

Jason

#112 SYN_Jedders

SYN_Jedders

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:58

Our server is now running a rotation with Vintage Missions interspersed with smaller maps. The new rotation has been running all week and according to server logs is very well received. Although this will not please everyone it is a move to keep the server populated across all timezones. We find those that prefer one mission type over another are happy to fly on through the next map rather than leave.

We welcome your feedback at http://www.syndicatesquadron.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.syndicatesquadron.com

thanks!

#113 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 25 March 2011 - 17:34

Stay tuned guys. I'm working on a (simple) MP mission featuring the DFW. It should be ready later this evening.

Better practise your formation flying skills! :S!:

#114 SYN_Jedders

SYN_Jedders

Posted 13 April 2011 - 14:53

for everyone who would like to fly with some familiar faces please try. Its early days still. This will not effect our RoF servers in any way.

#115 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 16 April 2011 - 21:29

Hi guys,

Thanks for providing the still excellent server. A couple observations about the new Soissons and Noops missions. During the Soissons missions the DFW pilots were crossing no man's land on the deck to make lemming attacks on the AAA installments that protect the balloons. In the Noops mission the AI DFW and Breguet were dogfighting each other on the deck, and generally the only place where I find the AI in that mission is very, very low.

#116 SYN_Jedders

SYN_Jedders

Posted 20 April 2011 - 09:48

Ok…we will have a look. Might be good to post on the forum over at http://www.syndicatesquadron.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.syndicatesquadron.com where each mission has its own thread. thanks tho!

#117 SYN_Jedders

SYN_Jedders

Posted 20 April 2011 - 09:50

April 19th 2011, SYNDICATE server. Anyone recognise themselves?….stunning dogfight with my favourite planeset (Albs and Neups). Image by SYN_MrWolf.

#118 Feathered_IV

Feathered_IV

Posted 23 April 2011 - 11:31

Cor! :0o:

#119 Habu

Habu

Posted 24 April 2011 - 22:24

Can we have the hardware spec from the serve, please ?

It would be interresting to have these information for others people who would like to rent a server.

#120 BSS_DrGlow

BSS_DrGlow

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:08

Wow beautiful Screen shot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users