#281 Chill31

Chill31

Posted 07 July 2013 - 19:37

Almost there with my new cockpit…

Attached Files

#282 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 07 July 2013 - 20:33

Just missing the Spandaus, you mean :D That looks great, Chill.

#283 Chill31

Chill31

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:21

Thanks! Yeah, I do need some sweet Spandaus!

#284 B24_LIBERATOR

B24_LIBERATOR
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:27

Some really nice weathering there!
I have this plan to do a 1920s-1930s representation of the railway activity and industry in my province, but I`ll likely never get the money or space to get it done.
WAY too many hobbies and nowhere near enough time or money.

Didn't realize someone was admiring my train set, thanks for the compliments. Hope yours goes smoothly :S!:

Haven't visited this thread in a while, Jorri nice choice of sports car but why Grover? :lol:

Chill, very cool :S!:

Liberator's Tutorials: http://steamcommunit...s/?id=438268482

tahhfk.jpg

#285 Spag

Spag
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:13

Some really nice weathering there!
I have this plan to do a 1920s-1930s representation of the railway activity and industry in my province, but I`ll likely never get the money or space to get it done.
WAY too many hobbies and nowhere near enough time or money.

Didn't realize someone was admiring my train set, thanks for the compliments. Hope yours goes smoothly :S!:

Haven't visited this thread in a while, Jorri nice choice of sports car but why Grover? :lol:

Chill, very cool :S!:

Always been a steam freak myself, yours look excellent, well done.
I have always liked this pic.
Attached File  Welsh classes unknown,.jpg   43.52KB   727 downloads

Cheers,
Spag. :)

Bite off more than you can chew.

Then chew like Hell ! ! !

#286 B24_LIBERATOR

B24_LIBERATOR
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 08 July 2013 - 13:59

Nice pic! It's always cool to see them all lined up :D

Well in that case…heres my other "cockpit" :S!:

Liberator's Tutorials: http://steamcommunit...s/?id=438268482

tahhfk.jpg

#287 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 09 July 2013 - 15:45

Trupobaw,
The hardcover rudder stop is a classic. Not as bad as the giant toddler legos I was using before building this: Center mounted stick and rudder pedal unit

I must say your post was inspirational. I had to relocate my cockpit anyway, as the place it was in underwent a non-hostile takeover :S!: .

Below is my work in progress (aren't they all work in progress?) new pit after relocation, with dudeWG-style pedals unit. It's not as steady as I expected, and I may yet remake it in wood for extra stability an to match rest of the setup aesthetically.

Attached Files

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#288 thedudeWG

thedudeWG

Posted 09 July 2013 - 17:03

:) Trupobaw, congrats on the new recruit!!! :S!:

That may be the most acceptable reason for relocation of your awesome WWI cockpit/shrine, … and your next REAL "work in progress"!!! :lol:

I am surprised someone tried out my "design" already. Sorry it's not quite what you you were hoping for. Looks like you may have used (the more common and available) 1" PVC. I know that's the size the website I referenced uses, but I went with 1 1/2" for extra stability because of the center mount. Plus, your stick looks really high off the floor! That can't help with stability. Please tell me you went with schedule 40 PVC. It's stronger than the cheap stuff, and not much more expensive anyway. Also, my setup was a little "twisty" before screwing it together. I can't tell if you've gone that far yet, but it will help if you haven't glued or screwed it all together yet. I'd love to see how you fastened the joystick base to the center post and if you found a better (or easier) way to get that right.

Anyway, it's great to see your work in progress. Keep us posted on your updates!

#289 1PL-Sahaj-1Esk

1PL-Sahaj-1Esk

Posted 09 July 2013 - 17:10

Trupobaw,

your cockpit seems to be online fit, did you ever try RoF MP ?

S!

kpt. pil. / Capt. Sahaj / Operations Officer / 1. Eskadra Mysliwska / 1. Pulk Lotniczy / http://www.1pl.boo.pl

bannerf11esks.png?raw=1

http://warthog-extensions-by-sahaj.com

#290 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 09 July 2013 - 19:25

:) Trupobaw, congrats on the new recruit!!! :S!:

That may be the most acceptable reason for relocation of your awesome WWI cockpit/shrine, … and your next REAL "work in progress"!!! :lol:

Thank you! Yes, she is :lol: .

I am surprised someone tried out my "design" already. Sorry it's not quite what you you were hoping for. Looks like you may have used (the more common and available) 1" PVC. I know that's the size the website I referenced uses, but I went with 1 1/2" for extra stability because of the center mount. Plus, your stick looks really high off the floor! That can't help with stability. Please tell me you went with schedule 40 PVC. It's stronger than the cheap stuff, and not much more expensive anyway. Also, my setup was a little "twisty" before screwing it together. I can't tell if you've gone that far yet, but it will help if you haven't glued or screwed it all together yet. I'd love to see how you fastened the joystick base to the center post and if you found a better (or easier) way to get that right.

Yes, I've used the 1" PCV - it was most rigid kind available, it looked solid enough and I had to rearrange the existing furniture, give up my flying desk, put together a bed, baby bed and new bookcases *and* defend my PhD, all in span of two weeks :x, then the baby delivered two weeks early - so I needed new stick base now and couldn't be choosy.

The height (and stability problems) are due to the fact I normally sit at tall gym ball, for orthopedic reasons; the stick base is slightly above my knees and I'm using my legs (and pedals) to help me balance on the ball, rocking the unit. I'm still experimenting with stick positions and length of last support pipe. I've tried to partially glue the unit to make it less twisty (screwing required tools I didn't have or sortie to tool shop I had no time for), then to glue the parts together; it worked, but it's still rocky when I move the stick. Weighting it down, or even nailing it to solid base, might help to stop it from moving and rocking, but I became proficient enough in these two weeks to try remaking it in wood when I find the time.

The part I'm pleased of is the screen / keyboard unit, which was bought as cheap (~$25) Ikea bookcase and assembled to desired height and shape using only piecs found in set and extra nails. With little forethinking it could be assembled to fit a subwoofer, or a maybe strong fan or PC itself, below the keyboard stand - one day, maybe…

(My assembly below)

Anyway, it's great to see your work in progress. Keep us posted on your updates!

Gladly!

Trupobaw,

your cockpit seems to be online fit, did you ever try RoF MP ?

S!

Not yet, I'd hate to start flying online only to have to abandon it. I'd need few guaranteed peaceful months ahead to start and explore it properly and that never happened in my year and half of simming; I was always overworked or standing by expecting more work any day now (for ten idle months!).

Attached Files

• Attached File  pit.jpg   49.95KB   615 downloads

Forum moderator.

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#291 alotef

alotef

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:27

Chill31 that cockpit looks sensational! Amazing work.
~Charlie

#292 sallee

sallee

Posted 18 August 2013 - 14:35

Chill31 that cockpit looks sensational! Amazing work.
~Charlie
If my jaw wasn't on the ground, I'd say exactly the same thing!

#293 von_Semmel

von_Semmel
  • LocationGermany / Munich

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:41

The feeling playing RoF on a 3,5 m screen is great!

Attached File  image.jpeg   1.69MB   841 downloads
Attached File  image (2).jpeg   1.32MB   841 downloads

and thats the angle of view as a Player

Attached File  image (3).jpeg   1.77MB   841 downloadsAttached File  image (4).jpeg   1.81MB   841 downloadsAttached File  image (5).jpeg   1.87MB   841 downloadsAttached File  image (6).jpeg   1.65MB   841 downloads

but most likly Track IR will not work ;)

#294 J5_Mueller

J5_Mueller

Posted 29 August 2013 - 19:16

My humble sim pit.

Attached Files

#295 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:57

Here's my new pit with wooden version of thedudeWG's stick and pedals unit. Finally got the pit set up with new stick, just in time because in five days I'm starting move to new house :cry: .

The Microsoft Spade Grip may or may not stay as part of pit, it's in experimental stage.

Attached Files

Forum moderator.

#296 waterman

waterman

Posted 13 September 2013 - 14:24

wow ER* :o
I have never seen something like that before :o

#297 Potenz

Potenz

Posted 19 September 2013 - 22:42

cockpit updated, just need to see how to atach the quadrant

#298 Markow

Markow

Posted 20 September 2013 - 21:00

creativity
well done
S!

campribV.png

#299 shoogly

shoogly

Posted 24 September 2013 - 19:17

here is my set-up, still a work in progress, i have learned so much from this thread thanks guys.Attached File  071.JPG   651.99KB   563 downloadsAttached File  070.JPG   553.51KB   563 downloads

Attached Files

• Attached File  069.JPG   552.07KB   563 downloads

#300 Pirato

Pirato
  • LocationUnder a Bridge

Posted 24 September 2013 - 19:36

That's an interesting Setup. And the Throttle console looks very nice too.

Dann gibt's Heulen und Zähne klammern, für das ganze Lumpenpack.
Dann ist Schluss mit "Tischlein deck' dich", da gibt's "Knüppel aus dem Sack"!

#301 ericleroi

ericleroi

Posted 19 October 2013 - 19:42

That controller looks great shoogly.

Desk setup at the moment. Customised desk …

… made very untidy with my TM Warthog

I'll be making a more permanent setup similar to my sim racing pit …

#302 Rhobee

Rhobee

Posted 12 November 2013 - 15:26

Mine…

Attached File  Cockpit.jpg   279.63KB   772 downloads

Cheers Speckled Jim

Attached File  paperwork.jpg   96.22KB   772 downloads

#303 s8n333x2

s8n333x2

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:00

track ir will work just put it somewhere in front of you…i use TIR when i fly on my 65 inch …works great. :twisted:

#304 von_Semmel

von_Semmel

Posted 13 November 2013 - 17:22

track ir will work just put it somewhere in front of you…i use TIR when i fly on my 65 inch …works great. :twisted:

yeah, I built a wooden construction, its working ;)

#305 Blooddawn1942

Blooddawn1942
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 November 2013 - 18:40

Finally I shall join this parade ;)
Just took a shot from my Desk. The Hotas is attached to a Plywoodpanel, which is easy to remove in the case I don´t use the stik. Hope to get a Warthog Stik sometime… we will see.
The Pedals are attached upon a massive Panel.
Left side of the Desk I use a small metal hook to maintain a frictionfree bearing of the Track Clip cable.
So far it´s not really a homepit, but it serves its purpose.

MALAULA!!!

Outgunned, outnumbered though never outclassed!

Wyrd bid ful araed...

#306 Capn_Binky

Capn_Binky

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:28

Added some MFD's, extended the Warthog and moved my throttle back. Cleaned up the wiring too. Also made a nook for the Saitek throttle quadrant. Not pretty but it's far more ergonomic than what I used to have

#307 =AH=_Sid

=AH=_Sid

Posted 15 November 2013 - 13:50

Looking good Binky.

#308 Bri75

Bri75

Posted 01 January 2014 - 14:15

:S!: nice

#309 von_Semmel

von_Semmel

Posted 01 January 2014 - 16:00

WoW, I am jealous :O

#310 startrekmike

startrekmike

Posted 09 January 2014 - 20:04

Added some MFD's, extended the Warthog and moved my throttle back. Cleaned up the wiring too. Also made a nook for the Saitek throttle quadrant. Not pretty but it's far more ergonomic than what I used to have

is it possible that you could provide some additional angles of this setup, I actually want to try to copy it so any measurements and images you could provide would be great.

It is exactly the kind of setup I would love to try myself.

#311 Proccy

Proccy

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:41

Attached File  20140110_103249.jpg   84.5KB   516 downloadsAttached File  20140110_103216.jpg   80.38KB   515 downloadsJust built myself some new rudder pedals cant believe how much better they are compared to my CH pro pedals. I think its the width that make them less sensitve

Attached Files

Lieut. (A./Capt.) Andrew Weatherby Beauchamp-Proctor, D.S.O., M.C., D.F.C., No. 84 Sqn., R.A. Force.

#312 Pointy

Pointy

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:20

Awesome rudder pedals there mate, gotta look at building my own also, I'm non plused with the Saitek combat pedals.

Well here is my setup, note the dust and unvacuumed mat, needless to say the missus no longer ventures into this room since the stylish furnature was installed…lol.

Also note the total lack of cable management, something that I'm very good at;)

Attached Files

#313 Proccy

Proccy

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:07

:S!: Hi Pointy, used the electronics from my ch pro pedals and made the new pedals 500mm wide. They feel and act like the real thing will never buy again Recommend that you make your own. all you need is a drill some square tubing and couple of bolts :D

Lieut. (A./Capt.) Andrew Weatherby Beauchamp-Proctor, D.S.O., M.C., D.F.C., No. 84 Sqn., R.A. Force.

#314 Pointy

Pointy

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:28

Tanks Proccy, will look into it further, the Saitek combats action is abysmal, tho not inaccurate, it's just cheap plastic with a scratchy feel….couldn't believe how average the build was VS price. Might investigate using their electronics for a home job.
Toe brakes may be tricky……

#315 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:29

Looks great, Proccy. Any chance for more detailed photos of inside workings or a "making of" section ?

Forum moderator.

#316 Markow

Markow

Posted 05 February 2014 - 18:12

Pointy write something more about this cockpit, can show more pics.
What is this mouse 1,2,3 under the monitor?

campribV.png

#317 Pointy

Pointy

Posted 05 February 2014 - 22:03

Yeah no worries.

The frame is an Obutto Revoloution with Warthog mounts, the mouse things are preset remotes for the Benq XL2720T monitors, I have to say i'm pretty stoked with the 120Hz using Track IR.

Was looking at getting rid of the Saitek Combats (not impressed)and building another set of pedals tho maybe a Slawdevice or Crosswinds seem to be on the cards (have bugger all time paying for all this crap…catch 22…lol)

I included a photo of the mount for the clubsport shifter if anyone is interested in Sim Racing setups.

Attached Files

#318 Proccy

Proccy

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:50

A bad draw but here are my pedals still working on toe brakes will post when they done. :) Attached File  pedals.png   10.77KB   313 downloads

#319 Pointy

Pointy

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:45

Thanks Proccy, great work mate;)

Yeah I could get away with the Saitek Combats existing foot pedals, they are pretty good….ok you have me thinking….

#320 Markow

Markow

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:29

thanks

campribV.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users