- - - - -

Screenshots and Movies

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TheOliMan

TheOliMan

Posted 12 December 2010 - 14:19

Hi,

ive done a lot of small video clips in rise of flight and a lot of screenshots.

Where can i find these clips on my computer, or do i need a special program to upload them on YouTube?

And where are the screenshots stored?

Thanks for help :)

#2 J2_squid

J2_squid

Posted 12 December 2010 - 14:52

Screen shots are stored in the ROF root directory as BMPs. You may want to change these to Jpegs before uploading them to a website (due to their size).

Movies on the otherhand are recorded as track files. These files can only be shown within ROF itself. So to make movies for upload you need to do a couple of things.

1st off you need a program to record what you are seeing in ROF and put it into a format you can work with.

Google Fraps, it will do the job, its free (although registered versions get rid of a watermark) and use it to record your track playback.

Now Fraps doesnt compress the footage the result avi files are massive. So next you need to use a video editing program to convert them to a more managable format. At this point most movie makers will also add affects, titles and edits.

There are various programs for this, I use adobe after effects, but Sony Vegas is very popular too.

You could also try with windows movie maker, but it is limited.

Once you have your end product video, in a suitble size and format (Divx or WMV for example) you can then upload it to youtube.

Feel free to ask any questions.

PS I moved this to the correct section.

#3 TheOliMan

TheOliMan

Posted 13 December 2010 - 18:38

Thanks ;) this helped a lot!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users