Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Post Your Best ROF ScreenShots Here!!!

• Please log in to reply
5730 replies to this topic

#5721 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 08 August 2019 - 07:48

Cool crash pic! Are you getting out to inspect the damage? :)

#5722 Todt_Von_Oben

Todt_Von_Oben
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 08 August 2019 - 12:45

Cool crash pic! Are you getting out to inspect the damage? :)

Actually, that's one of two events that I captured on FR lately that were kind of interesting and I'm making photo montages of at DD.

On this one, I collided with a Camel at low altitude, had to move my VR mask to find the Control E keys to bail out, and that pic you see is me leaving the plane just as it impacts.  I went back and watched it again tonight and grabbed some stills; you can actually see the pilot jump from the plane, hit the ground, roll, get back up in the sitting position, put his hands up as if to say "Oh wow!" and then assume the normal "just landed in a parachute" sitting position.  I wouldn't have thought the animation would be that good.  Very surprising.  Kudos to the Developers.

The other one I'm doing a montage of is a Brisfit: I shot the gunner; then shot the pilot a second before the engine compartment caught fire.  I pulled alongside; they were toast so I did a 180 and continued my hunt.

The Brisfit flew on like a Ghost Plane; meandering in the same general direction and altitude through a few shallow banks and turns for a while before exploding in mid air.  That was pretty spooktacular.  Gonna montage that one, too.  Getting a fair-to middling collection so far.

#5723 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 08 August 2019 - 15:55

Love those burning down scenes

#5724 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 08 August 2019 - 15:55

#5725 Todt_Von_Oben

Todt_Von_Oben
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 08 August 2019 - 21:52

Thanks Bidu.  I like to try to capture a moment in time that conveys excitement and beauty.  For me, colors are a big part of that process.  Flame, fuel mist gleaming in the sunlight, the sky at early morning or sunset; bullet "contrails" fanning out across a blue sky or verdant green terrain; so many beautiful, colorful images available with ROF and FC1. Because this is an air combat sim, those images may be somewhat violent but then again so is football.  I try to capture that "Hail-Mary pass" and that "50-yard field goal" in dogfighting.  I am not fascinated by death or destruction; exactly the opposite, in fact.  For me, this is a form of artistic expression and colors are a big part of it.  That climactic moment when a vanquished plane bursts into flames has it all; action, climax, and color; all frozen in stop motion.  So I guess I do that a lot.   If it seems to anyone as though I am being discriminatory by showing only Allied planes going down; I don't even think like that.  It's just that I'm doing the flying in these scenes, all I fly is the Dr1, and that's why all my targets are Entente.  Glad you enjoy the pics.  Prosit!

#5726 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 09 August 2019 - 17:01

Yes, the essence of a moment: the story, the implicit movement of the planes, how nice when that comes through.

#5727 Todt_Von_Oben

Todt_Von_Oben
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 10 August 2019 - 12:00

I call this one, "Eye-to-eye at spitting distance."

(Having a problem loading the file.  Disregard.) 

#5728 Todt_Von_Oben

Todt_Von_Oben
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 10 August 2019 - 12:35

"VALHALLA!!!"  

(Problem 2. Disregard.)

#5729 US103_Talbot

US103_Talbot

Posted 20 August 2019 - 14:50

Fun with filters

Attached Files

#5730 US103_Talbot

US103_Talbot

Posted 20 August 2019 - 14:51

Fun with filters

Attached Files

#5731 Kraftowod

Kraftowod

Posted 07 September 2019 - 16:03

:icon_e_wink:

Attached Files

My group ,,VKontakte,, https://vk.com/public165950262 the channel  ,,YouTube,, https://www.youtube....HURYRzupbA?view  dedicated to the creation of skins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users