Photo
- - - - -

too many people joining my server

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 SYN_Repent

SYN_Repent

Posted 28 July 2009 - 21:49

before the patch i noticed that no matter how many clients i allow in the server on the setup screen, i always end up with a server full of people, so for example, the server title is 2v2, so i put 3 client, or 4 client, i end up with 4 people playing including me, and its very smooth like this, fps of 60 constantly, but as soon as more people join (how when there is 4 already in??) it worsens performance…..

its the same after the patch too, am i doing someting wrong here?? surely there is a way to limit amount of players that can join?

#2 SYN_Repent

SYN_Repent

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:11

bump

ANYONE???!!!

#3 =IRFC=Sparrow

=IRFC=Sparrow

Posted 31 July 2009 - 11:57

Salute:

I can't help U. But to encourage U I will say at least U can run a server. U are doing much better than me. Keep at it Sir.

#4 stethnorun

stethnorun

Posted 31 July 2009 - 12:53

Salute:

I can't help U. But to encourage U I will say at least U can run a server. U are doing much better than me. Keep at it Sir.

No offense, dude, but you may just want to type out the word "you" instead of U. You don't seem stupid or immature, so typing like that may send the wrong message to people. Don't take this as an insult but more as friendly advice from what poster to another. :)

#5 Smudge

Smudge

Posted 31 July 2009 - 14:12

Shouldn't that be "From one poster to another?"

#6 SYN_Repent

SYN_Repent

Posted 31 July 2009 - 14:35

lets not take this off topic gents, please 8-)

#7 J2_squid

J2_squid

Posted 31 July 2009 - 14:47

Just a thought, but have you tried to disable the spectator function?

The player limit may just limit the people in game, and with spectator enabled you allow unlimited spectators?

#8 SYN_Repent

SYN_Repent

Posted 31 July 2009 - 15:03

yes i have tried it squid, it simply stops people who have joined from spectating, people still join in droves whether that is on or off.

of course the simple solution would be that if i name the server 2v2, and you can see that there is 3 people in, then join, if there is 4 people in, then dont join, possibly too simple??

#9 J2_squid

J2_squid

Posted 31 July 2009 - 15:15

lol, maype it is too simple

I guess its a feature that needs to be added.

Until then maybe you could post a polite request in the server discription asking people not to join if it is full?

#10 flapping-brown

flapping-brown

Posted 02 August 2009 - 20:18

aaagh earlier everyone was bemoaning lack of servers!……now what we have is for me anyway about 12 servers at a time …BUT ten of them are using passwords!
perhaps im missing something here ….where can i find out what the pw is or is it im not wanted as these servers are private?…wheres the ts info for these servers ?
not very friendly anyway
i can understand groups wanting to run for their own friends and excluding others but ….well theres still nowhere to go for us not in the brotherhood guys lol
another moan why dont servers use the easier settings for the moment anyway ,i think most of us are really trying to get to grips with the game and are not that brilliant yet,……shades of IL2 full real is best… the rest of you are noobs bah pathetic these are games for fun at all skill levels. ….oh these full real guys dont like dying in games they quit or keep taking screenshots [in IL2 anyway ] if u got them cold…..perhaps you have noticed this phenomenon?. …very very big ego types bloody point watchers hate em ….grrrr on hobbyhorse again ooops.
seriously i hate those who deride the beginners,and there are many in other sims., perhaps this ww1 game will be as it was then a more gentlemanly killing ?….lots of tolerance of beginners and kind words to help them improve skills.
flapping- brown et al.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users