82 replies to this topic

#41 ER_Falko

ER_Falko

Posted 04 December 2010 - 15:59

many Rof exe and Memory Buffer then before, is a fall back past times

#42 jgunns

jgunns

Posted 04 December 2010 - 16:43

Help! I just installed the 1.016 update and now the program won't run. I watch the application in task manager and see the settings.exe application but then the Windows werfault.exe application shows up and then both processes disapper with no error message on the screen. There is an error in the Event Viewer which is shown below. I tried compatibility mode as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the application. But that didn't help. Here's the error message from the Event Viewer:

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 12/4/2010 11:12:49 AM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: kpstudiolaptop
Description:
Faulting application name: Settings.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x4cf61fe7
Faulting module name: Settings.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x4cf61fe7
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000cd33
Faulting process id: 0x374
Faulting application start time: 0x01cb93ce17e32243
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Rise of Flight\bin_game\release\Settings.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Rise of Flight\bin_game\release\Settings.exe
Report Id: 55f3a6ef-ffc1-11df-aea1-0026b9cf4cb6
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="">http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">;
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-12-04T16:12:49.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>8057</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>kpstudiolaptop</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>Settings.exe</Data>
<Data>1.0.0.1</Data>
<Data>4cf61fe7</Data>
<Data>Settings.exe</Data>
<Data>1.0.0.1</Data>
<Data>4cf61fe7</Data>
<Data>c0000005</Data>
<Data>0000cd33</Data>
<Data>374</Data>
<Data>01cb93ce17e32243</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Rise of Flight\bin_game\release\Settings.exe</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Rise of Flight\bin_game\release\Settings.exe</Data>
<Data>55f3a6ef-ffc1-11df-aea1-0026b9cf4cb6</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Any help would be appreciated so I can play this game again!

Thanks.
John

#43 Disposable_hero

Disposable_hero

Posted 04 December 2010 - 18:21

Ive tried everything since patch and my planes burn as before…high speed dives,crabbing,cutting off engine everything, and my planes still burn till I die…arrgh.

#44 Pawgy

Pawgy

Posted 04 December 2010 - 18:46

After reading many unfavorable comments about the new patch and marginal systems I find I DO NoT want to install it at all. I would just as soon stay with my present version. But i can not load the game as it says , please install latest version. I think it is a very bad thing to upgrade the game and make many users with marginal systems suffer.

How do i continue with ROF with out having to install this update?

Pawgy

#45 spitfirem

spitfirem

Posted 04 December 2010 - 20:29

Ive tried everything since patch and my planes burn as before…high speed dives,crabbing,cutting off engine everything, and my planes still burn till I die…arrgh.

I did a lot of Quick Mission with HP400 raids in them, they are great!
Once I attacked 4 HP's with an albatros and my engine cought fire, so I dived with a side slip and dead engine from 700m and the fire stopped at 200m :)
The cloud shadows, dynamic lights, ground/ sky colour on the plane, aimable flaires are very nice, the HP is extremely nice :) I also like the sun, although it's not how you would see it in real life.
But I'm not seeing the metal reflection? I flew the fokker EIII and the metal parts were unreflecting, do you need special new skins for that feature?
And can the flaires accualy kill a pilot or a gunner? I thought I made a headshot on a gunner with a flaire but he was okay :oops:

If you make another big bomber could you make the nose more like the wings? When the HP crashes right on the ground it looks quite awkward, it just stops and then falls over. It would be nice if the nose would also crumble.
Thank you for the hard work !

After reading many unfavorable comments about the new patch and marginal systems I find I DO NoT want to install it at all. I would just as soon stay with my present version. But i can not load the game as it says , please install latest version. I think it is a very bad thing to upgrade the game and make many users with marginal systems suffer.

Pawgy

It would be better if you do update, otherwise you can't fly online anymore. I have no new problems with the game. The only strange thing happend when I was updating, the update screen said: update failed check update.log, but the game is fine and running on 1.016

#46 Josh_Echo

Josh_Echo

Posted 04 December 2010 - 21:07

Pawgy, you can set up your sim post-patch to the same graphical settings as you had pre-patch. That's (more or less) what I did, since my computer can't handle most of the new graphical changes. Just note that in some cases the new "medium" is the old "high." Check the patch notes for more information.

#47 Pawgy

Pawgy

Posted 04 December 2010 - 23:20

[quote="Josh Echo
Pawgy, you can set up your sim post-patch to the same graphical settings as you had pre-patch. That's (more or less) what I did, since my computer can't handle most of the new graphical changes. Just note that in some cases the new "medium" is the old "high." Check the patch notes for more information.

I am up and running after the patch. My shadows are set to special medium(whaterver that is), my light is set to off, my shader quality is set to medium, and reflections are set to medium. So far I have not seen much differance other than the terrain seems a little washed out. maybe I cried wolf too soon. thanks again

Still do not think patchs should be mandatory.

Sorry. did a little more flying and my terrain is not nearly as sharp and is definatly washed out. not as good as pre patch.

Pawgy .

#48 =69.GIAP=TOOZ

=69.GIAP=TOOZ

Posted 04 December 2010 - 23:30

So, when do we get the Gotha??

#49 julian265

julian265

Posted 05 December 2010 - 00:44

i have an P-axis on my throtle, for the pilot-head, that isn't working anymore since i updated Rise of Flight.
have it chanced by ''options'', but he won't react

maybe fixed in the future?

N17

I have the same issue. I can map any controller axes to head axes, but it won't respond in the responses section, or in-game.

#50 Bouch

Bouch

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:27

this is what I have found
Torpedo planes when the wings have sheared. The plane continues on like a torpedo through the air. Seen in the HPage and Camel so far.
The map doesn't show the HP Bomber on the mission.

Screen tearing when the HP bomber is flying.

MANY crashes of the game while the HP bomber is flying.

It seems to work without crashes when Post effects are turned off.

Great stuff Guys ! I hope you can iron it out !

Erratic Auto pilot with the HP Bomber. Have to be in the cockpit to inititiate autopilot.

Bouch

#51 Josh_Echo

Josh_Echo

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:55

my terrain is not nearly as sharp and is definatly washed out. not as good as pre patch.

Try fiddling with the new gamma slider. It won't affect your performance but you can darken the sim a bit.

#52 Soilworker

Soilworker

Posted 05 December 2010 - 13:36

Ahh! Why did I choose to replace my GPU when 1.016 is ready! I'm still waiting for it to arrive. Hopefully the new one will actually let me update the drivers without BSoD.

#53 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 05 December 2010 - 13:42

Love the new patch and the new graphical effects, 777! Hope the technical problems can be sorted out rather sooner than later, but putting that misery aside, it's another milestone in flightsimming.

#54 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 05 December 2010 - 18:33

When my missions load in the upgraded version, the resolution of the rotary background wallpaper is off. Before it was beautiful, with some nice planes, and some of them I even use as desktop wallpaper. But after the upgrade the images are bigger and all fuzzy. Is it normal for this version?

Cheers,
"There will be honor enough for us all."

#55 Bostjan42

Bostjan42

Posted 05 December 2010 - 19:05

Go to page 3… apparently there were some memory issues… the devs (Jason_Williams) said they will sort this out in the future…

#56 MadTrooper

MadTrooper

Posted 05 December 2010 - 19:22

Thank you 777. this patch is awsome. You guys did really work hard at this and it shows. There are a few little things to be corrected but overall, WHAT A FANTASTIC JOB GUYS !!

Thanks!

#57 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 05 December 2010 - 21:23

Got it. Yes, now it loads faster, if this is what they were having problems before. Hope they get it figured, because those wallpapers looks beautiful… Thanks!
"There will be honor enough for us all."

#58 zachanscom

zachanscom

Posted 06 December 2010 - 14:03

the game is ultra laggy when first going into game. what's causing this? the rest of the time, the game is fine.

#59 Josh_Echo

Josh_Echo

Posted 06 December 2010 - 20:13

Need way more info than that, Zachanscom. Going on that, it could be anything.

#60 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:13

I had some time flying around with the new patch:

-O/400 - great fun to fly, especially when you have squadmates in the backseat! The engine sound is stunning!

-Could shadows - wonderful! They make the game so much more realistic looking!

-Sun glare - wow…really…wow

-extingushable fire - awesome!

-landing on water - finally! Thanks for listening!

-new shaders - very nice, too bad the little bumps are not very visible when flying low and fast. Still, I love it.

-new reflections - the metal parts look amazing, but IMO the colors affecting each other feature is overdone so I prefer to keep it on "high"

-New HDR - a lot nicer than before, but I'm still not a big fan of HDR, RoF looks better without it for me

- High contrast - It would be such a great feature if it didn't turn the clouds into a shiny white sun! The planes and the ground looks so much better! :?

All in all, well done 777! The next generation of flight sims has just moved forward another generation! :D

#61 itybtyrob

itybtyrob
  • LocationCheboygan, Michigan USA

Posted 08 December 2010 - 00:04

Oh yeah, everything is wonderful. Too bad they didn't spend any time working on some variance of missions. Let's face it, if you are playing single player, you will never see the Handley-Page bomber, let alone a train that you can strafe. Except for the graphics, the rest of the game is lame.

#62 NavyGunner

NavyGunner

Posted 09 December 2010 - 00:57

1.016 is Ready! ( for you to Beta test the CTD errors ) You have to read the fine print….. LOL

#63 J2_squid

J2_squid

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:18

Seriously?

If only you knew…

Be advised that every effort is being undertaken to fix any problems people are encountering with the latest update. That includes SP.

Chill guys, and look at the sun ;)

#64 NavyGunner

NavyGunner

Posted 09 December 2010 - 15:18

HAHAHA Squid, I love the sun look…. ( For the minute 30 sec of game time I get ) I have no complaints with the work ethics these guys have, top notch all around, and this is the first ongoing problem I have had since the game came out…
So please allow me my dry humor and pointless rant…

#65 J2_squid

J2_squid

Posted 09 December 2010 - 16:24

No worries NG ;)

#66 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 09 December 2010 - 22:22

- Can you please fix whatever bug is causing that external views have to be on on most servers? There's no point in hiding the beautiful new sun if the enemy can find you by pressing ctrl+F

- Also, I started to have very low fps. Someone told me to alt tab out and back, and voilá: it was back to normal. I don't remember seeing anything like this before. :?

#67 Blik_47

Blik_47

Posted 10 December 2010 - 22:12

РЕбята, подскажите пожалуйста, у Меня после обновления перестал работать правый стик у Хбокс джойстика в игре, до обновления все было отлично, а теперь прям на отказ пропал. Подскажите, есть ли у кого похожая проблема?

#68 J2_squid

J2_squid

Posted 11 December 2010 - 01:59

- Also, I started to have very low fps. Someone told me to alt tab out and back, and voilá: it was back to normal. I don't remember seeing anything like this before.

Ref, tbe issue is being looked into.

#69 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 11 December 2010 - 09:02

- Also, I started to have very low fps. Someone told me to alt tab out and back, and voilá: it was back to normal. I don't remember seeing anything like this before.

Ref, tbe issue is being looked into.

Good to hear that! :)

#70 VALEK0012

VALEK0012

Posted 11 December 2010 - 15:44

как обновить игру?

#71 2BAG_Miron

2BAG_Miron

Posted 11 December 2010 - 18:18

При запуске игры на панели есть кнопка ОБНОВИТЬ.

Attached Images

• update.JPG

#72 roger4

roger4

Posted 12 December 2010 - 16:36

Hi,
Where do I find the file to download?
Thanks,
Roger

#73 Soilworker

Soilworker

Posted 14 December 2010 - 16:48

Hi,
Where do I find the file to download?
Thanks,
Roger

Look at the picture in the post above.

#74 CK

CK

Posted 17 December 2010 - 00:52

Were there any changes to the Graphics folder? I have that folder on a RAMdisk image and after I updated, I rebooted and recaptured that image.

It all worked fine. I ran the repair just in case, it also made no changes to the folder. RoF works fine still.

My concern is that changes might have been made that are compatible with old files, but I'm not truly up to date. :) All of the Graphics2-4 files were altered, I'm only concerned with the files INSIDE the folder marked as "Graphics".

#75 Lamoureux

Lamoureux

Posted 01 January 2011 - 17:47

Hello, there will be a next version of box/cd of rise of flight? Because there was rise of flight, after, rise of flight ice and after? Thanks!
A

#76 Lamoureux

Lamoureux

Posted 04 January 2011 - 17:44

Hello, no answer?

#77 Josh_Echo

Josh_Echo

Posted 04 January 2011 - 18:43

I much doubt it. Why would there be? Iron Cross Edition was to make up for some stuff lacking with the original. Iron Cross Edition has no such stuff lacking. Anything you don't get with I.C.E., you can easily purchase from the store now.

#78 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:22

Hello, no answer?

Because no one knows? :)

#79 Lamoureux

Lamoureux

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:57

Hello, I ask this because, update after update… If someone re-install ROF, it must reinstall the updates again… It will be long…

#80 Miggins

Miggins

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:09

I asked this a while back thinking the same, but I think you would only need to update the one time if you install from DVD to a very early version, it's not like you would need to go through the update process 15 times to get up to date from version 1.001 to current.

Is that what you mean?

Taleks2 would probably be the best guy to ask about this as he is well up with knowledge on the updating process.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users