New ROF Demo Download Location

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 27 May 2011 - 23:27

Please do not PM me with technical customer support questions. ALWAYS write to rof@777studios.net where folks who can actually help will try to help you.

Many thousands of users have downloaded and installed our demo whether they download it from us or from another source. Our technical team will try to help you if you have any issues with install or activation etc.

Coming to the forum and asking the community for help is not officially asking for help form the ROF Team. Only writing to the address above puts you in line for proper technical assistance.

Jason

#42 sm1960

sm1960

Posted 09 June 2011 - 00:49

I bought rof about 2 months ago from windows marketplace. Right now I am about to reinstall rof but now how do I go about it. It is so confusing at least to me this demo business. It seems like a long and drawn out process that is not only tiring but super confusing. Help,Help…do I download the torrent from rof new update site or what?

#43 Miggins

Miggins

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:12

Once you install RoF you log in using the email address and password you use to log into the forums here.

When installing the game do so "as administrator" and be sure to install all three of the subsidiary items it asks for (even if you have DX9.0 from some other game or a later version of DX, RoF NEEDS the version it wants to install during this process or you will experience problems).

You say you are about to re-install RoF, is your current install broken or something? If that is the case try to use the "recovery" option first. This will compare your installed files to those on the master server and give you updated files of anything that is different.

The Demo version of the game is identical to the retail version in all respects other than you will be limited in what planes are initially available to fly and what missions you can try out.

The important thing is the game key. Got to the top of this page and hit "profile" and then "licence". If you have a game key already registered to your account in there, you are ready to go.

Logging into a demo install (or anyone elses RoF install should you visit a friend who plays) with your username and password will put you into "your" version of RoF. The master server keeps track of everything you do when you log in "online", so any planes you buy or online careers you begin are stored with the master server.

The only things stored locally on your machine are your snap views and your controls keymap.

I think all that is still current after the 1.019 update, though I see something has changed a little in respect of what the demo version is capable of.

If this doesn't get you up and running mail rof@777studios.net for further assistance.

#44 Guitarguy

Guitarguy

Posted 31 August 2011 - 21:31

Hi!
I'm having a problem with the demo, I've downloaded it 5 times now and it keeps coming up with the message "You need 4 gb on your current drive to extract installation files. Begin Extraction?" I hit yes and it says "Non 7z archive"
I've tried all links on the main demo page, and I am currently gonna try the torrent file on the forum here.
I will gladly appreciate any help.
Thanks, God speed pilots.

#45 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 31 August 2011 - 21:34

If you want to download the torrent, a new version was just released:

riseofflight.com/Forum/download/file.php?id=23874

Not sure why you get the error….maybe the download didn't finish properly. Also, isn't the file a .exe?

Haven't installed ROF in some time so can't say for sure :s

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users