• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 28 October 2010 - 18:26

Dear ROF Pilots,

I know some of you have professed frustration at downloading the Demo files for ROF since the free options at Direct2Drive, AtomicGamer and torrents are fairly slow. So, as an experiment we are currently hosting the Demo files ourselves and have made the install .exe available to those that wish to try the ROF Demo. If you have friends that would like to try ROF, but have not done so due to the slowness of the download, feel free to give them this link for the Demo. It should be somewhat faster.

http://www.riseoffli..._Demo_1017b.exe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.riseoffli...emo.com/ROF_Dem … _1017b.exe

You can also start the demo process on our Demo page.

http://riseofflight.com/tryrof/en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://riseofflight.com/tryrof/en

However, if you have NO immediate need to download the Demo PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT DO SO and let’s save the bandwidth for those that do not have the Demo or have a current install of ROF. We always suggest that those who already have a current install of ROF to simply make a backup copy of their ROF folder for safe keeping ensuring easy recovery in case of corruption.
If all goes well and bandwidth costs do not get out of hand we will continue to host the file ourselves to assist in spreading ROF goodness even further.

The process for registering a User Account and trying the Demo has not changed.

To play the ROF Demo follow the steps below.

1. Register a User Account at the official website http://www.riseofflight.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.riseofflight.com or http://riseofflight.com/tryrof/en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://riseofflight.com/tryrof/en

2. Log into the ROF website and Activate your ROF Demo license by going to Profile then Demo and click Activate Demo.

3. Download the Demo from http://www.riseoffli..._Demo_1017b.exe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.riseoffli...emo.com/ROF_Dem … _1017b.exe and install it.

4. Run the Updater Menu by clicking on the desktop shortcut to update the Demo to the latest version. Then click Start and then Start again on the Settings Menu to launch.

5. At the welcome screen, click Login Online and enter your User Account login and password and enjoy the ROF Demo for 14 days.

The ROF Team

#2 hq_Pirke

hq_Pirke

Posted 29 November 2010 - 15:03

problem with demo :(
when i start demo ROF_115.exe on windows 7 64 bit installation dont start :(
its say that application is not compatible with operation system :(
what to do?
thnks

look this what i get when i start installer.

#3 ropke

ropke

Posted 29 November 2010 - 20:29

I bought the game in store, now registring it online and suck on "gift code", where is it? Looks like I didn't get itby e-mail. where is my "gift code"???

#4 =FB=VikS

=FB=VikS
  • Developer

Posted 29 November 2010 - 22:29

problem with demo :(
when i start demo ROF_115.exe on windows 7 64 bit installation dont start :(
its say that application is not compatible with operation system :(
what to do?
thnks

look this what i get when i start installer.

////

Hi!

You need to re-download archive again - as it looks like it wasnt downloaded properly.

#5 =FB=VikS

=FB=VikS
  • Developer

Posted 29 November 2010 - 22:33

I bought the game in store, now registring it online and suck on "gift code", where is it? Looks like I didn't get itby e-mail. where is my "gift code"???

did you entered the license key into the activation field?
is there an "your license key" over the "gift code" line?
If it is - the gift code if to enter the gift codes which where provided to you by someone, so he will present you with another plane or bundle.

#6 rayongray

rayongray

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:29

Wouldn't it be sensible to make the demo download officially available by torrents especially being such a large size? Torrents is the only sensible way for big files like this as folk can just leave their NAS drives to take care of it overnight and thus either switch off their PC or at least do not tie it up with hours of download time. Torrents I find rarely gives you corrupted downloads too and once well seeded (important for everyone to share and upload at least as much as they download) is usually a lot quicker.

Had the same problem here with the download via Atomic something or other as it did not download properly and had the same incompatibility problem. FileFront always sucks big time and NOD32 does not allow the download to start as reporting a Trojan and immediately deleting the download link as a serious threat. Atomic whatsit is crap too as you have to wait 5 minutes for the download to start and I wont pay for these download sites as not worth it for the amount I download, and anyway unreliable as the download was obviously corrupted (have they not heard of error checking?). The other RoF home site link does not work reporting the server failed !! SO very difficult to get this game and fell I will no bother as do not want the hassle. Not a happy bunny !!

#7 glenechoian

glenechoian

Posted 03 December 2010 - 15:08

I have just downloaded the demo version, installed it, and registered my username etc. I followed your instructions at the top of this post but can not find an Activate Demo button. I tried inputting my email and password but just get:#10030 Invalid Master-Server responce. Please try to restore your game files by launching Recovery function in Updater tool.
I have done the latter but still get the error message.
Help!

#8 greasysidedown

greasysidedown

Posted 03 December 2010 - 17:16

I have just downloaded the demo version, installed it, and registered my username etc. I followed your instructions at the top of this post but can not find an Activate Demo button. I tried inputting my email and password but just get:#10030 Invalid Master-Server responce. Please try to restore your game files by launching Recovery function in Updater tool.
I have done the latter but still get the error message.
Help!

I get the same message, but I have installed the full game from the disc I purchased in my local shop.

#9 glenechoian

glenechoian

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:27

All fixed and working. Thanks very much.

#10 B._Stewart

B._Stewart

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:51

Where do I go to download the update 1.016? Thanks.

#11 MentalWhiplash

MentalWhiplash

Posted 10 December 2010 - 04:03

Just click the "Update" button nest to the "Start" button on the launch screen.

#12 51stfis_Grant

51stfis_Grant

Posted 17 December 2010 - 22:28

All fixed and working. Thanks very much.

Would you mind sharing how you fixed this?

#13 MPcdn

MPcdn

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:24

I have downloaded the demo three times taking hours but all I get is unknown format or damaged. I would like to buy the game after trying it but get the demo to install.

#14 MPcdn

MPcdn

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:27

Now I have just finished again but this time it says Non 7z archive what does that meen and what do i do to fix it?

#15 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:43

Now I have just finished again but this time it says Non 7z archive what does that meen and what do i do to fix it?

I had same "non 7z archive" problem when i downloaded some 777 official skin packs.
Just had to download them again, and then runned fine…
Maybe a download corruption :?
So my advice would be you to try again.

#16 MPcdn

MPcdn

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:56

You are problably correct but does anyone know a way around this as it is a long slow download or is there a faster place to download it?

#17 MPcdn

MPcdn

Posted 19 December 2010 - 02:32

Downloading again

#18 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 19 December 2010 - 03:13

Hope it will work for you on second download.
Good luck!

#19 MPcdn

MPcdn

Posted 19 December 2010 - 03:23

it is just not my night, download stopped at 333 mb and would not download anymore. I am going to find a diffrent location.

#20 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:12

Maybe try torrent download:
http://riseofflight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15932

#21 MPcdn

MPcdn

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:14

Well final downloaded an old version and am patching it up. I should be playing soon!

#22 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:45

Cool man! Have fun with this awesome sim 8-)
Don't bother to ask on forum if you have questions.
Good hunting!

#23 MP_CDN

MP_CDN

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:22

Game works great thanks for your help!

#24 Keks_pilot

Keks_pilot

Posted 19 December 2010 - 09:27

Вчера и позавчера) ( русский скорей не поймут)качали….Щас нет! Лучше на своём торенте выложу. Не против?

#25 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 20 December 2010 - 22:26

Not sure what you are asking Keks but here is a torrent for 1.016b: http://riseofflight....pic.php?t=15932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?t=15932

#26 Bilbo_Baggins

Bilbo_Baggins

Posted 21 December 2010 - 18:50

Cool man! Have fun with this awesome sim 8-)
Don't bother to ask on forum if you have questions.
Good hunting!

Yeah dude, don't bother..

lol. I'm guessing this is an English misunderstanding. IMHO, people here seem happy to help.

#27 sgtkiller

sgtkiller

Posted 24 December 2010 - 23:36

game looks cool , ive tried to download it ,put in activation code and it says invalid code, so thats it when you guys come up with a better system let me know, you should hook up with xbox, that would be cool, pc have toooooooo many problem ,,,,,m erry xmas

#28 hagbardceline

hagbardceline

Posted 30 December 2010 - 19:03

On pressing the 'demo' button there is no sign of an 'activate demo' button. Just a message telling me 'To access the game please enter your login and password you used during registration process.' but doesn't say where or how to do this.

An unplayable demo is not a good advert for your software!

#29 CAT_101

CAT_101

Posted 02 January 2011 - 22:27

If you download from filefront the 115 all you need to do is right click the file go properties and add the .exe to the end ant then click the file agin and it will install.

#30 PeteNZ

PeteNZ

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:40

Why is the ROF_ICE_Demo_1017 demo 1 file of 3.5g in size!!
I have tried to download this 2 times and it is corrupt.

Why is it not several smaller files so I can just re-download the bad part only.
I see inside the corrupt 7zip archive it is 5 or 6 files why cant you make these available individually.

I am just wasting your bandwidth and my data cap re downloading the full 3.5g.
My trial period has started but I dont even have the game yet.
I have limited data cap so don't know if I will bother trying again

#31 Laser

Laser

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:36

You can use a download manager that supports resuming.

Or get wget for windows (link) and do something like (from cmd line):

cd my-kits-folder
wget -t 0 url-link-to-rof-demo

#32 Master_Of_War

Master_Of_War

Posted 19 April 2011 - 16:00

ive downloaded the demo as i do not have the money right now to purchase it, and when i try to start it up it says update to latest version. How do i get the latest version or cant i get it? thanks!

#33 killer1

killer1

Posted 23 April 2011 - 19:43

i downloaded the rof demo ,installed it, did everything i was suppose to do and when i strat the game a black screen comes up and then another screen come up and says rof has stopped working, dont know what to do , window gives a list of problems, ive downloaded rof demo a couple of times and the same thing happens, what to do i dont know, game looks cool, but inless i get some good info on what to do about this problem, i will give up to to bad

#34 BuddyWoof

BuddyWoof

Posted 07 May 2011 - 17:24

Hi Jason, 777 team. Is it possible to post the MD5 checksum of the demo downloads going forward? This really helps in finding out if the download got corrupted or not. Thanks!

#35 bluera1028

bluera1028

Posted 19 May 2011 - 00:13

:shock: I recently received ROF as a gift and the install CD gets a CRC error during the installs. Can I please get a new CD. I don't really want to go the demo route, I tried this once before on my old pc and could not activate it. When I use the license key I got with the game it gets an error #16 and won't accept the key that is on the ROF user manual. Please help.

Ben Luera

—————————
Error
—————————
d:\Program Files\Rise of Flight\bin_editor\release\enviro.dll

An error occurred while trying to copy a file:

Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

Click Retry to try again, Ignore to skip this file (not recommended), or Abort to cancel installation.
—————————
Abort Retry Ignore
—————————

#36 bluera1028

bluera1028

Posted 26 May 2011 - 00:45

Jason, I have patiently tried everything your team has suggested to get my DVD to install and also recognize the license key. Can I please just RMA this complete DVD and get a new one. It is really very time consuming that I should have to try so hard to get this replaced. It has been bad since day one when I received it new on my birthday on Oct 2010. They gave me a work around, but I have since rebuilt by gaming desktop and had to reinstall everything all over again. This time the work around of downloading the demo, patching and activating using the original key of did not work and your system tells me the key is invalid. I am entitled to the product that was purchased, can I please just get another new DVD. I don't want to have to go thru this again and waste another two weeks if this should happen in the future.

Ben Luera

#37 DidNotFinish

DidNotFinish

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:17

bluera, not sure if you should post that key here…I'd edit that out of your post if I were you. But I'd also PM Jason as this is an old thread which Jason probably doesn't look at much anymore.

:S!:

#38 bluera1028

bluera1028

Posted 27 May 2011 - 21:15

Jason, I have patiently tried everything your team has suggested to get my DVD to install and also recognize the license key. Can I please just RMA this complete DVD and get a new one. It is really very time consuming that I should have to try so hard to get this replaced. It has been bad since day one when I received it new on my birthday on Oct 2010. They gave me a work around, but I have since rebuilt by gaming desktop and had to reinstall everything all over again. This time the work around of downloading the demo, patching and activating using the original key of did not work and your system tells me the key is invalid. I am entitled to the product that was purchased, can I please just get another new DVD. I don't want to have to go thru this again and waste another two weeks if this should happen in the future.

Ben Luera

#39 bluera1028

bluera1028

Posted 27 May 2011 - 21:16

AJ94CAP
How do I PM Jason.

#40 Miggins

Miggins

Posted 27 May 2011 - 23:15

This might help.

Jason_Williams

–edit–

Edit the original posts where you gave the gamekey and remove it, you just quoted the original there. On the original posts hit the pencil icon on the bottom right of the post itself and take out the gamekey or someone else might steal it.

Mind you (it's been a while for me) you might need to have a higher post count to be able to actually edit old posts of your own.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users