Photo
- - - - -

New Handley Page O/400 Bomber Pics

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#201 Miggins

Miggins

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:56

Don't barrel roll or you will lose your gunners?

#202 BSS_DrGlow

BSS_DrGlow

Posted 25 November 2010 - 03:03

I have a question about the multi-engine bombers. How are the engines managed in these planes? Are there going to be seperate controls for mixture and throttle and radiator for both engines? I really need to know as I am thinking about picking up another throttle quadrant today, but I would like to know if I even have to. Thanks.

-Jonathan-

Jason wrote this in the latest news on the bomber.

Separate engine controls have been modeled for each engine which helps when driving at airfields and for preventing engine damage. We have tried to make it convenient for everyone; for those that have devices with additional axis for engine control and for those who have only a single axis for engine control. We offer an opportunity to choose a current engine or all engines. I have found this solution to work quite well on my single throttle axis controller. We hope you will too.
http://riseofflight....gs/default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://riseofflight....gs/default.aspx

#203 redbaron1917

redbaron1917

Posted 25 November 2010 - 03:43

Uh! we are going to need an entire airwing to shoot one down! WOW ! Really nice airplane!

#204 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 25 November 2010 - 05:46

Funny, I was wondering if they could barrel roll or loop the loop. :lol: The HP O/400 looks pretty maneuverable; for some reason. Maybe it looks maneuverable because of the wings. They remind me of the wings found on tight turning sesquiplane scouts. ;)

Something something SPAD. Something something then dive away. 

#205 Millst0ne

Millst0ne

Posted 25 November 2010 - 11:11

Funny, I was wondering if they could barrel roll or loop the loop. :lol: The HP O/400 looks pretty maneuverable; for some reason. Maybe it looks maneuverable because of the wings. They remind me of the wings found on tight turning sesquiplane scouts. ;)
Are you talking about the mean, kill-all N17? :lol:

#206 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 25 November 2010 - 12:38

Are you talking about the mean, kill-all N17? :lol:

Yeah, I can't get a kill with the N17, without tons of luck, but I know that Dart and Tushka can pull it off. Did you hear that the ROF team might revisit the N17 flight model, as more accurate information becomes available? I think this is true of all the flight models. They want them as accurate as posisble. Well,I have a feeling that the N17 will be a very deadly machine, sooner than later. Maybe, I will even get a kill with it! :lol:

#207 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 25 November 2010 - 13:01

BTW, anyone have a good story about the HP O/400 to tell?

#208 DidNotFinish

DidNotFinish

Posted 25 November 2010 - 17:03

Yeah I got one, The HP 0 series left such a legacy after 1918 that many people living in Britain referred to any large aircraft as a "Handley Page" long after the 0 series retired. :)

#209 AB1_CamelJock

AB1_CamelJock

Posted 04 December 2010 - 03:00

What were they thinking about with the fuel loadout on this thing? A bomber that can't get off the ground is pointless. A lot of tweaking gets her flying nice, but why the overload? It can't get in the air no matter what load, even no bombs with full tanks. Set the fuel load right, and it's a menace and a flying death storm. Oh well, time to go fire storm another drome…..

#210 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 04 December 2010 - 15:35

THANK YOU !

Took off with 2 squad members as gunners and plotted our navigation path while gaining altitued.

Chatting away on teamspeak while i cruised over to target , the Handley page is great fun and the gunners really enjoy the change from flying to become spotters and defence and Navigational crewmen !

Arrived at target on time ! and it was like a child in a candy shop as i looked down into the bombsight to see 2 german planes spawn onto the target area :)
cold engine start spawning in the syndicate server so we knew time was on our side.
Lined up perfect , checked speed and altitued ,still lined up ,, and drop drop drop the 6 bombs fell 2 drops at a time :)
4500 feet , not confident for greater altitued level bombing yet ,,,but felt good dropping so i figured it was going to be close to target.

I watched the first plane do a BACKFLIP ! and the laughter was so much i never saw who i had killed in the text log , the second plane slid sideways around 50 feet so i figure he caught the blast as well 2x250lb makes a big bang theory !

Anyway this post is mainly to say thanks for the handley page but also sorry sorry to who ever we made do the backflip i scored you a 9-10 for style and flare , with the laughing still coming over teamspeak we turned for home and well,,,,

THANK YOU !

Great fun and level bombing in the handley page is Smashing Fun !

#211 kristenburnout

kristenburnout

Posted 04 December 2010 - 20:46

Man, that looks hard to shoot down :twisted:

It is, almost all my bullets went trough the wings until both engines fell off. :lol:

#212 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:57

:D i asked my rear gunner to shoot off the burning engine so we all did not die :D

It worked ! we landed safe, bumpy but safe :)

#213 Jenkins

Jenkins

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:14

:D i asked my rear gunner to shoot off the burning engine so we all did not die :D

It worked ! we landed safe, bumpy but safe :)

Hahahaha that's crazy. Well played.

#214 Mogster

Mogster

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:16

As this is a pics thread I though I'd add afew more of this fantastic plane.

#215 Endy

Endy

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:39

Wolfpac, I thought the story you told of the bombing run on the airfield was great. I laughed so much, tears were rolling down my cheeks
… …,,,, :lol: :lol:

Great pictures Mogster, of a great bomber.

#216 s8n333x2

s8n333x2

Posted 07 December 2010 - 13:08

i bought this and love it,but one ?? is there some sort of manual or tutorial for this thing somewhere? i wanna learn how to fly it better i wanna learn the tricks.

#217 Mogster

Mogster

Posted 07 December 2010 - 13:23

I hadn't noticed before but that small wire frame thing sticking out from the nose is the bombsight isn't it.

Also the tachos are on the engine nacelles, I'm not sure what the second instrument is out there, oil pressure?

#218 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 08 December 2010 - 09:27

Also the tachos are on the engine nacelles, I'm not sure what the second instrument is out there, oil pressure?

Yes, it's the oil pressure.

#219 A.Challenge

A.Challenge
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted 09 December 2010 - 17:18

It is a pretty behemoth, in a functionally ugly sort of way. If I put a few rounds in the bomb bay will it go boom?

By achallenge at 2010-12-09

campribV.png

#220 Squeaky_S

Squeaky_S

Posted 09 December 2010 - 21:01

@AChallenge yes it will go boom, i did it myself, although it confused mt a first why it suddenly exploded as i was shooting it but then i figured it out :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users