#82 O_Taipan

O_Taipan

Posted 28 October 2010 - 03:13

Fighter pilots make movies, bomber pilots make history :lol:

#83 NakedSquirrel

NakedSquirrel
  • Tester

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:11

Haha I love it! It's like a flying church with guns strapped to it.

#84 B24_LIBERATOR

B24_LIBERATOR
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:16

bombing is much more stressful than fighting

Liberator's Tutorials: http://steamcommunit...s/?id=438268482

tahhfk.jpg

#85 ZaltysZ

ZaltysZ

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:09

Because you have to much time for thinking. :mrgreen:

#86 Gimpy117

Gimpy117

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:35

So no news on the gotha?

#87 catchov

catchov

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:42

Because you have to much time for thinking. :mrgreen:

Not only that. Bomber pilots are frustrated failed scout pilots who never get the posh chicks :? Can you imagine Countess Kaeti even looking at Stachel if he was a bus driver. No way. She would never have even considered the double-sided tape on that little white towel :lol:

#88 O_Taipan

O_Taipan

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:52

Even the bombs are historicaly modelled:

This blockbuster was used effectively on the night of September 13-14, 1918, when a single 0/ 400 of the 207th bomber squadron dropped one on the railway yards at Le Cateau, France."

Hi Fifi

I'm trying to make a mission recreating this but I'm having trouble pinpointing the location on the ROF map.

Can you or anyone else confirm if this is the location of the railway junction? Or know the real location on the ROF map?

Cheers

LeCateau.JPG

#89 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:13

Wow…i'm sorry Taipan, i don't even know where is "Le Cateau" in France… :? Can't help you, and i don't have any France map left here, on my island :lol:
But maybe i'll have a look on google earth later on ;)

EDIT: Ok, the one i found on google earth is the location you found.
It seems it's right ;)

#90 O_Taipan

O_Taipan

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:25

Excellentl thanks :) you live on a deserted island with no maps very cool :)

Corsica?

#91 Castro

Castro

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:52

So no news on the gotha?

In December update. Currently the developers are creating and polishing two/three seaters and two engine technology. It is better to do on one type of plane. After they will need only to do copy/past work :D .

#92 WWBrian

WWBrian

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:55

So the Germans who have zero bombers got put back for later…?

hmmm I guess I am not understanding that at all.

We have been waiting to get some idea of a bomber on the german side and still nothing but, allied side gets yet another plane that can bomb.

Firecage,

While I can appreciate your enthusiasm - I'm sure it was just a case of the O/400 moving forward alot faster simply due to available resoures when researching images of the cockpit and other needed references to make the model…

We all saw the call from Neoqb for Gotha cockpit material. So it apparently slowed down the process so much as to not make it into 1.016 and will have to wait til update 1.017 - there's no conspiracy here to give the Entente yet another bomb-carrying aircraft.

S!

They are not trying to unbalance anything

#93 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:03

looks great jason, any news on the gotha?

Unfortunately it looks like the Gotha will not be in 1.016.

Jason

We have been waiting to get some idea of a bomber on the german side and still nothing but, allied side gets yet another plane that can bomb.

Don't get me wrong im up for any planes that are otw to us but I don't understand why you didn't go towards getting the germans a bomber to make it possible to have a nice war where bombers can be used by humans.

Good pics and great plane to add to the collection.

Do you have a clue how much work needs to be done to make a huge bomber to meet the ROF standards?

#94 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:08

Corsica?

:lol: Far far Est…New Caledonia (close to Australia - New Zeland)

#95 O_Taipan

O_Taipan

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:24

Corsica?

:lol: Far far Est…New Caledonia (close to Australia - New Zeland)

Y'all have internet there? I thought you just go scuba diving and fishing all day :)

#96 WF2

WF2

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:40

Shear awesomeness!

#97 1PL-Rahon-1Esk

1PL-Rahon-1Esk

Posted 28 October 2010 - 14:43

Beautyfull, just beautyfull. Now it's just to wait for those two 'heavies', then Breguet and DFW, and hopefully for the Bristol F.2B one day :D

S!

#98 Firecage

Firecage

Posted 29 October 2010 - 04:32

Firecage,

While I can appreciate your enthusiasm - I'm sure it was just a case of the O/400 moving forward alot faster simply due to available resoures when researching images of the cockpit and other needed references to make the model…

We all saw the call from Neoqb for Gotha cockpit material. So it apparently slowed down the process so much as to not make it into 1.016 and will have to wait til update 1.017 - there's no conspiracy here to give the Entente yet another bomb-carrying aircraft.

S!

They are not trying to unbalance anything

OH…. not any thing towards them trying to unbalance the game at all. Just disappointed in not having a german bomber yet. I dont see them conspiring in the corner for any one side that I have seen. If anything Allies got the bad end of the FM stick for a while. Not that Neoqb was trying to anything then and I dont think that now. Its what they can get finished 1st and im sure a ton of things go into that process.

@ =IRFC=Tvrdi

Im well aware of the kind of time it takes in 3D max or which ever design program they are using. Im not mad at them, I welcome any and all planes just wished it was a German bomber 8) :roll: Don't get all upset. Yes some of us actually do understand what they are doing. Still doesnt mean I can't get bummed that a plane I like isn't out yet … nothing more than that. Im not about to give up on the best game for us in a lot of years. Im sure whatever plane they release will be in my hanger asap upon release 8)

S!

FC

#99 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 29 October 2010 - 14:34

S! All

the picture and diagram for the Gotha G.v from squadron /signal publication was posted here : Data Topic for Airplanes Performance.

Very simple picture and kinda limited.

As I read through this thread I noticed something missing. Everyone commented on the wonderful job done on the HP but no one asked THE question. "Multi- crew aircraft is new territory" .

Does multi- crew mean multiplayer? Can we have an online pilot and online front machine gunner and an online rear gunner. OR the option of either live or AI gunners?

can we ? huh? huh? can we ? purdy please?

S!

sig9.png

#100 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 29 October 2010 - 17:28

S! All

the picture and diagram for the Gotha G.v from squadron /signal publication was posted here : Data Topic for Airplanes Performance.

Very simple picture and kinda limited.

As I read through this thread I noticed something missing. Everyone commented on the wonderful job done on the HP but no one asked THE question. "Multi- crew aircraft is new territory" .

Does multi- crew mean multiplayer? Can we have an online pilot and online front machine gunner and an online rear gunner. OR the option of either live or AI gunners?

can we ? huh? huh? can we ? purdy please?

S!

Yes of course it will be available in MP (Gunners and Pilots).

Jason

#101 sturmkraehe

sturmkraehe

Posted 29 October 2010 - 17:40

Cool, Jason! Will players be obliged to buy the aircraft in order to man a gun position?

#102 Mogster

Mogster

Posted 29 October 2010 - 18:16

Cool, Jason! Will players be obliged to buy the aircraft in order to man a gun position?

An interesting question.

#103 Bao_SK

Bao_SK

Posted 29 October 2010 - 19:17

With no ticket bought,you can only admire the plane ready for take off and watch those with tickets with envy.Only the ticket will get you in to enjoy the flight.That simple ;)

#104 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 30 October 2010 - 05:24

S! Jason

thank you , thank you , thank you,

Hugs and kisses - uhmm better just hugs.

S!

sig9.png

#105 LcSummers

LcSummers

Posted 30 October 2010 - 06:14

Hi Team,

its really fantastic. You re team is heading the right way. Now then with the new light sources.

Thank you

LC

#106 JoeCrow

JoeCrow

Posted 30 October 2010 - 14:05

I can imagine the chat between gunner and pilot in MP:

'How can I shoot the F*****g thing with you weaving all over the f*****g place?'

'Well you fly the f*****g thing then!'

'F**k this! I'm going back to SP'.

'Well f*****g well jump out now then'.

'W****r!'

'Mummy's boy!'

#107 Huetz

Huetz

Posted 30 October 2010 - 15:55

I can imagine the chat between gunner and pilot in MP:

'How can I shoot the F*****g thing with you weaving all over the f*****g place?'

'Well you fly the f*****g thing then!'

'F**k this! I'm going back to SP'.

'Well f*****g well jump out now then'.

'W****r!'

'Mummy's boy!'

:lol:

#108 Mogster

Mogster

Posted 30 October 2010 - 16:18

With no ticket bought,you can only admire the plane ready for take off and watch those with tickets with envy.Only the ticket will get you in to enjoy the flight.That simple ;)

Like the rest I'll buy the O400 on the first day. Having ROF on my PC makes buying these planes like using drugs, although fortunately cheaper ;)

I just think allowing people to man gunner positions online without buying the plane would be an interesting option. You'd never be short of gunners, also flying a multi crew plane would be a bit of a social thing. It'd also let demo users get onboard the large planes and chatting to established users online for a mission or two.

#109 sturmkraehe

sturmkraehe

Posted 30 October 2010 - 17:29

Mh. After I wrote this question I thought about it a bit and came to the conclusion that one has to buy it in order to man it on any position. Or how will a player not owning that plane be able to have a gunner cockpit view - you know all the thing you see inside when sitting in it. Not only the external view…

#110 Karma-Police

Karma-Police

Posted 30 October 2010 - 20:35

I wonder if the front lewis gun has a bag for ejected cartridge.

#111 WWBrian

WWBrian

Posted 30 October 2010 - 20:56

I just think allowing people to man gunner positions online without buying the plane would be an interesting option. You'd never be short of gunners, also flying a multi crew plane would be a bit of a social thing. It'd also let demo users get onboard the large planes and chatting to established users online for a mission or two.

I know we've discussed this in the poll, and I agree - it will certainly be interesting to see how Neoqb/777 impliment it…but…

I think if you give gunners a "free ride", then who will buy the models?

Only those who want to pilot it will - the least-interesting position on the whole plane comparativly speaking of course.

Why limit yourself to selling it to only those who want to pilot it - when selling it to all who want to be "in" it will bring better cash flow.

It's not unreasonable to charge for all positions.

Bottom line, you want internal art, you pay the ticket price.

Tough call - I can see it both ways. Again, will be interesting to see how the guys impliment these multi-position aircraft.

S!

p.s. and LMAO Pigsty! I can hear it already. :lol:

#112 Interloper

Interloper

Posted 30 October 2010 - 21:32

It would be cool if you could switch positions, so lets say in MP if the pilot is incapacitated, a gunner could take over.

I know in the Gotha the crew could move around, is it the same in the Handley? :?

I guess the Handley will be a good bonding experience

:lol: I just thought of the Zeppelin escape scene in Indiana Jones: The Last Crusade

"Eleven O'clock dad"
"What happens at Eleven O'clock"
"12, 11, 10, 9, Eleven O'clock"

"I'm sorry son they got us"

Who will be the first to shoot their own Tail off :lol:

:lol: Now that I said it, it will probably be me.

#113 Cptn_Goodvibes

Cptn_Goodvibes

Posted 30 October 2010 - 21:56

G'day,

Nice work on the Handley Page. Having flown the TB-3 and other multiengined bombers in IL2 I have my suspicions of what the troops are in for. The lighter bombers and ground interdiction aircraft are my real forte. It'll be interesting to see what aids and sights the bombadiers position has to offer. I'm assuming that we'll have the option to bomb from this position or from the pilots position using "dead reckoning" or through observation of the lead aircraft. For myself, I never had the patience to master the techniques of the bombadier position and always wished that the bombadier position itself was fully automated. I.e. The position instructs the pilot (me) on the course, speed and height to fly, the bombadier does the calculations and is the one to say when to release the bombload.

From what I know of the HP O/400, for its time, it carried very heavy ordinance over a long range, well into enemy territory. It was used to target troop concentrations, transport hubs and industrials behind the frontline and beyond. If used in this role, this could mean a ground breaking shift in the way ROF is currently being used. Longer missions and strategic targets. Makes for interesting times ahead. Will the said targets be available to influence the outcome in any future dynamic campaign environment? All said, I think this is a very good outcome for ROF, in the fact that 777 has catered for the bomber crowd who invariably have the tendency to also be mission and campaign builders.

Thanks,
Vibes

#114 sturmkraehe

sturmkraehe

Posted 30 October 2010 - 22:27

What I would like to know:

if you fly the bomber and no player joins on gunners position: will the gunners be AI even in mp dogfight modes? Who will do the bombing when the player is piloting?

How will it affect one's gun accuracy in the statistics if it is the ai gunner or another player shooting at a plane and who will be credited with the kill if oneself is piloting?

Will it count as ordinary kill or will there be a separate category?

Will your own hits as gunner be added to your gun accuracy or will there be a separate category in statistics?

#115 -Requiem-

-Requiem-

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:01

Hopefully the introduction of bombers will see a resurgence in co-op mode.

#116 von_Heimler

von_Heimler
  • LocationChilliwack, BC Canada

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:50

Looking forward to this plane coming available and for the ability to accurately attack out of the sun!

So much stuff being added now :shock: , it's shaping up to be a great end of year for RoF (and I thought last christmas was good :D )

Cheers,

Signature_zpsy2runyft.jpg

"Become an Ace by mastering your aircraft!"

#117 JoeCrow

JoeCrow

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:59

Looking forward to this plane coming available and for the ability to accurately attack out of the sun!

So much stuff being added now :shock: , it's shaping up to be a great end of year for RoF (and I thought last christmas was good :D )

Cheers,

Me too!
It raises some interesting tactical questions on how to shoot these birds down. The wisdom of the day said that you should always attack them from below; looking at the defensive armament I think I can see why. The sun might help although they usually flew below any cloud level and a formation of 3 planes looks like it would be a very tough nut to crack with almost no blind spots.
Cheers.

#118 W1ndy

W1ndy

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:20

Me too!
It raises some interesting tactical questions on how to shoot these birds down. The wisdom of the day said that you should always attack them from below; looking at the defensive armament I think I can see why. The sun might help although they usually flew below any cloud level and a formation of 3 planes looks like it would be a very tough nut to crack with almost no blind spots.
Cheers.

Those big big engines will make juicey targets. Meat or metal, theres a lot of metal to hit.

#119 JoeCrow

JoeCrow

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:30

Those big big engines will make juicey targets. Meat or metal, theres a lot of metal to hit.

:lol: It's the amount of metal flying at me that's got me worried.

#120 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:40

Me too!
Cheers.

if you will have a chance…..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users