- - - - -

ROF Community Showcase Video

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 hq_Chimpy

hq_Chimpy

Posted 15 October 2010 - 23:22

Ok, here we go…

i had real issues with this, system threatening all sorts of things, developed issues with reflections.. had issues when the program i used converted the video…

Im no movie maker, sorry i couldnt do it the justice it deserved but i did my best.

I still encourage anyone of our directors or community to have a go… this is not an area of talent for me.

but for now…

here it is…..

THE ROF COMMUNITY SHOWCASE!

http://www.vimeo.com/15884645
by chimpy

&

by Jorri

&

By Miggins

#2 Tankist

Tankist

Posted 15 October 2010 - 23:37

nice vid, but looking at all the crashes… ouch

#3 hq_Chimpy

hq_Chimpy

Posted 15 October 2010 - 23:37

just spotted an error in the credits :( will take it down and repost it but not until sunday.. ill give people chance to watch it first…

that i can i cant face another several hour upload right now!

#4 B24_LIBERATOR

B24_LIBERATOR
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 15 October 2010 - 23:40

Nice video! looks like there were a few oopsies at some of the bridges :lol: I can see the pilots faces when they crash; JEESUS NOW IM GONNA LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT CAUSE I MISSED THE BRIDGE!!! :lol:

Liberator's Tutorials: http://steamcommunit...s/?id=438268482

#5 Miggins

Miggins

Posted 15 October 2010 - 23:50

I'll have to pull my finger out and restart mine again now you have done this Chimpy.

I was not liking what I had at all so binned the lot to start over.

Nice work mate, you deserve a medal for coming up with the idea and getting the ball rolling.

#6 sturmkraehe

sturmkraehe

Posted 16 October 2010 - 00:16

Da trennt sich die Spreu vom Weizen …

Nice!

#7 thenorm

thenorm

Posted 16 October 2010 - 02:25

lost 16 aircraft during the flight? little embarrassing…

#8 Damocles

Damocles

Posted 16 October 2010 - 02:41

Looked like great fun.

After seeing the Syndicate server video last week, it looks like an organized, planned dogfight, between the RFC and "The flying circus" in all their glorious colors has to be a must. An organized mass aerial dogfight, if for no other reason just so we can get some great video footage.

#9 sallee

sallee

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:47

I like the argument between the SE pilot and the DVII pilot at the end! :lol:

Good stuff, Chimpy.

#10 JoeCrow

JoeCrow

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:57

Great entertainment - you deserve a medal!

#11 hq_Chimpy

hq_Chimpy

Posted 16 October 2010 - 07:25

lost 16 aircraft during the flight? little embarrassing…

:shock:

we lost even more when we played shoot the loan fokkers! even more again when we did the community lawn darts! (such a shame we lost the tracks of that :()

Its funny, i read your post and then loaded up the tracks again, put all the names on and when i watched the tracks back i could see how you were absolutely inch perfect every time considering that it was so late, and there were issues with having so many planes in the air close together.

oh hang on.. you were not there!

it was also less than 16 some crashes are repeated just from a different angle.. but never mind, cheers for the community support mate!

For what its worth i think everyone that turned up did a cracking job, I said from the begining, this is not restricted to ability, the 777 formation is for that.. this event was put on for people that appreciate this game of all levels, because of the incredible amount of negative posts that started to come into the forum. It was to show that although some of us may bitch and moan at times it is because we are passionate about this game. And for one occasion the idea was to let the negativity go, forget about being sniped over 500m, forget about the not quite right FM or whatever and just turn up and mess around with other people that are passionate about the game

This is why i really appreciate the negativity of your post. by all means have a dig at my video, but dont poke at the pilots who turned up to support the idea!

#12 hq_Chimpy

hq_Chimpy

Posted 16 October 2010 - 07:48

on a positive note!

I was there….as Sam6. By the way thanks! I think Chimpy must deserve one of those new medals for this!

Great entertainment - you deserve a medal!

I'll have to pull my finger out and restart mine again now you have done this Chimpy.

I was not liking what I had at all so binned the lot to start over.

Nice work mate, you deserve a medal for coming up with the idea and getting the ball rolling.

Really you are all too kind, personally i didnt come up with the idea to get a medal or anything like that, i just thought it would be fun :)

There are also people here, that are way more deserving of a medal for contribution to this community.

that being said, you want to nominate me.. i wont stop you! :lol

#13 hq_Overmax

hq_Overmax

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:26

Awesome stuff thanks Chimpy you did somehting great there!

Rise of Fligt is just Awesome!

I like the thumbs up from the crashed pilot in the end. :D

#14 hq_Chimpy

hq_Chimpy

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:50

Awesome stuff thanks Chimpy you did somehting great there!

Rise of Fligt is just Awesome!

I like the thumbs up from the crashed pilot in the end. :D

VikS — Star of the show!

#15 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:59

Great stuff - organising it, making it happen, being there in the thick of it, recording it and then making a video of it!

Thanks!

#16 FlyingShark

FlyingShark

Posted 16 October 2010 - 12:19

We all had a great time being there. Thanks for making this nice video of it :) .

~S~

You can vote my post up by clicking the green arrow on the right.

#17 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 16 October 2010 - 15:53

Decided to do a video as well after seeing Chimpy's, built around the DVII hunt since he hadn't really covered that part yet.

#18 thenorm

thenorm

Posted 16 October 2010 - 16:04

I meant my statement as friendly nudge. Great video, just I was surprised by the number of midairs…
I know I would be embarrassed if I rear ended a guy under a bridge. No insult intended.

#19 Endy

Endy

Posted 16 October 2010 - 16:17

Nice video, looked like fun.
I missed this event. but I'll do my best to be part of the next one, if you do another.

#20 hq_Chimpy

hq_Chimpy

Posted 16 October 2010 - 17:31

I meant my statement as friendly nudge. Great video, just I was surprised by the number of midairs…
I know I would be embarrassed if I rear ended a guy under a bridge. No insult intended.

Sorry mate I was cranky this morning, not enough sleep. Didn't mean to have a go like that, it's hard to describe but people were connecting to that server from all over the world. There were the occasional lag and stutters. It really was not as easy as making a pass under a bridge on your own or with a mate or 2, trust me.

Pressure will be on you for the next one! I'll expect to see you there!

#21 hq_Chimpy

hq_Chimpy

Posted 16 October 2010 - 18:11

Decided to do a video as well after seeing Chimpy's, built around the DVII hunt since he hadn't really covered that part yet.

Now thats what im talking about!

NICE WORK MATE!

love it, so much better than mine! lol - and done in one day rather than a week you swine!

who fancy's making a competition of this? anyone who wants to make a video could do so, submit it to this thread and then we can ask the community to vote for there favorite (or invite 777 to choose)

winner can have 2 planes on me (or the next two out if you own them all)

Sound good?

#22 SYN_MrWolf

SYN_MrWolf

Posted 16 October 2010 - 18:58

hoohah..great vid Chimpy! Nice in our lane of memories!!

Your vid as well Jorri! Cheers..Nice music as well.

#23 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 16 October 2010 - 19:33

Haha Chimpy I sure do like the idea :D But we would need some more entries for that!

#24 WF2

WF2

Posted 16 October 2010 - 20:23

…. I never laughed so hard in my life! This was hysterical. So much for formation flying? .. the bridge scene was hilarious and the landings… OMG!

… where's my inhaler :lol:

Thanks!

#25 WW1Addict

WW1Addict

Posted 16 October 2010 - 23:15

I was really amazed how smooth all of the airplanes appeared to be from my end. It was great fun flying with all of you, but after the first flight and one or two passes under the bridges I had to leave for a dinner engagement.

#26 Miggins

Miggins

Posted 17 October 2010 - 18:49

Lost too many tracks from the night, maybe I recorded for too long, but out of 8 tracks I made that night, only three will actually play, and one of them stutters loads as well.

Not got much of the SPAD13 formation as when I go to that bit they jump and stutter allover the place and rather spoil the tight formation the held for most of the evening.

#27 MarcoRossolini

MarcoRossolini
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:22

Does this not prove that the RoF community is one of the(if not the) best gaming communities out there? If the community can organise this for the developer, what else can it do besides that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users