Photo
- - - - -

How about a package deal on the new camels?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 AB1_CamelJock

AB1_CamelJock

Posted 26 September 2010 - 22:25

I'd seriously go for a package deal on the pup and tripe! Speaking as an allied only pilot, I need those planes, and I think many Rof players would buy the package too. Any thoughts?
(Yes I know they are not full Camels, but part of the evolution of the Camel) I will buy the package as soon as it comes out!

#2 Han

Han
  • Developer

Posted 26 September 2010 - 23:35

I'm suppose that such boundle will be released, but after some time. Same as for all previous planes.

#3 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 27 September 2010 - 00:41

We haven't decided what if anything we will do yet with regards to the Pup and Tripe.

Jason

#4 Welshie

Welshie

Posted 27 September 2010 - 04:39

Bundles are great and I'm now a proud owner of all the aircraft in this Sim :D

#5 AB1_CamelJock

AB1_CamelJock

Posted 27 September 2010 - 04:53

I'm a bit on the poor side, so I'm short the N11 and DH2 to complete my allied collection. But now, I'll have to get the Pup and Tripe first! Wish they didn't have bundle deals on only mixed allied and hun planes. I want all the allieds before I start buying the german planes.

#6 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 27 September 2010 - 05:06

We haven't decided what if anything we will do yet with regards to the Pup and Tripe.

Jason

To make them a bundle from the start would be a good decision IMHO.
Many people, me included, would buy the bundle immediately - I'm (almost :D ) sure.

#7 O_Taipan

O_Taipan

Posted 27 September 2010 - 05:11

Im sure I would. Definitely getting the pup for now but if theres a bundle may as well grab both

#8 McMatt

McMatt

Posted 27 September 2010 - 05:26

Well, I believe I'll wait for bundles.
MSI Z87-G43 | i5 4670K@3.4 (4.0) | Corsair Vengeance 16 Gb DDR3 PC3-1500 @ 1866Mhz |
 Gigabyte GTX760 WindForce 3X OC Rev. 2.0 2GB GDDR5 | SAMSUNG SyncMaster 2433BW 24" @ 1920 x 1200 | 
Windows 10 64 bit Pro | Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5

#9 Chill31

Chill31

Posted 27 September 2010 - 05:39

The standard bundle is between 20-30% for two aircraft. So if the pup and tripe are~ 15$, you are going to hold out on your fun for 5$?? Whatever makes you happy…

On that note, i think it would be a good move to have an" all allied" and "all german" bundle onsale permanently and see where it goes. Dunno how that ties into your retail bundles though…

#10 McMatt

McMatt

Posted 27 September 2010 - 05:47

These days I'm getting core 2 quad CPU and I will have much fun with playing missions, that I couldn't play ;)
MSI Z87-G43 | i5 4670K@3.4 (4.0) | Corsair Vengeance 16 Gb DDR3 PC3-1500 @ 1866Mhz |
 Gigabyte GTX760 WindForce 3X OC Rev. 2.0 2GB GDDR5 | SAMSUNG SyncMaster 2433BW 24" @ 1920 x 1200 | 
Windows 10 64 bit Pro | Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5

#11 O_Taipan

O_Taipan

Posted 27 September 2010 - 05:56

Definitely wouldn't hold out for $5, I need the pup NOW :) Will buy the pup as a single if no bundle no problem.

These planes are well worth the money either way.. can't believe that some want to refund/exchange when they change their mind.

Bring on the puppy!

#12 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:02

Bring on the puppy!

It's already in my avatar ;)
Landing on a ship.

#13 catchov

catchov

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:25

These planes are well worth the money either way.. can't believe that some want to refund/exchange when they change their mind.

I cannot believe that anyone with enough money for an internet connection, a basic JS and pc good enough to play RoF (even without all the other expensive peripherals) would dare cry poor. But dare they do apparently.

Reading between the lines, Han is right. It would be stupid to offer these brand new planes which everyone's highly aroused about (including me :P ) in a cheap bundle on their first release. C'mon some people have a lotta cheek.

#14 AB1_CamelJock

AB1_CamelJock

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:31

Didn't mean to cry poor, but I am on a fixed income at half the poverty level… I'll still buy the planes however at full price. Yes, they are worth it. I go for days at a time without eating to upgrade my computer so I can run this sim! I'll bet I go without a lot more than most here, just so I can fly. So, let's not take it there. I didn't mean to offend.

#15 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:02

I can't wait till some of the customers suggest to rise planes' prices.
LOL.

#16 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 27 September 2010 - 10:50

I cannot believe that anyone with enough money for an internet connection, a basic JS and pc good enough to play RoF (even without all the other expensive peripherals) would dare cry poor. But dare they do apparently.

Reading between the lines, Han is right. It would be stupid to offer these brand new planes which everyone's highly aroused about (including me :P ) in a cheap bundle on their first release. C'mon some people have a lotta cheek.

Agree completely…btw I live in Croatia where average salary is 910 bucks (taxes are highest in Europe and economic situation is very bad)….on top of that I have a loan for my flat and a family to feed and I have all the planes…

#17 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 27 September 2010 - 11:30

The question is: how many planes one really "needs".
It seems to me, that if you want to "fly" them online in different missions you'll need at most

- 2 early planes for each side (to be able to switch to other plane in case the first is not available at the moment)
- 2 late planes for each side
- 2 in-between planes planes for each side.

That makes 12 planes in total. Quite a lot to really master.
Or 6 if you don't need "backups"
Or 3 if you play just one side.

Now I have all planes except N11.
I have bought 3 of them at full price, 2 in a bundle, and 8 during the sale ($2.99 ea)

#18 AB1_CamelJock

AB1_CamelJock

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:31

I just need all the allied planes, don't care about hun planes yet. Too used to RB3D and having all the planes! I can wait on the N11 and the DH2, want them, but can wait. Just think they could offer allied only or hun only packages. In the package deal, I can get N11 and D2, I don't really want a D2 yet! Offer me the N11 and the DH2 however, I'm sold!

#19 O_Taipan

O_Taipan

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:39

Any package is good, as they help the new players "catchup" so they can participate more competitively and be able to play the online missions, especially early war where none of those come with the default game.

Package or not, once the new career mode comes out the planes will be even MORE worth it, as we will also have new single player careers to use them :)

Especially planes that are not top of their class online will be massively benefiting from the career upgrade, like the Nieuports, the Dolphin, Pfalz D12 etc.

#20 WWBrian

WWBrian

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:06

As cool of an idea as a pup/tripe bundle sounds - its not practical buisness sense.

Sell em individually first to maximise profits from a small market - then sure, after awhile, bundle them up and sell some more.

And some mega "coalition" bundles would be a very cool idea too!

#21 AB1_CamelJock

AB1_CamelJock

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:07

How about packages of older allied and hun plans though! Like I suggested, N11 and DH2. It sucks, I have to wait 4 weeks to buy 2 more planes only, because my x-fi card died, but only after my logitech keyboard did. I'm down to basic hardware, uggg! It's all for the cause….. Who needs to eat?

#22 AB1_CamelJock

AB1_CamelJock

Posted 29 September 2010 - 04:09

I guess sometimes we can be impatient. I work with an online involvement, and don't expect to see returns for many months yet. Just something I do on the side. Well, my online boss sent $30 to my paypal for my birthday present! I just bought the N11, and left enough for the pup and tripe. I guess things have a way of working out…..

#23 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 29 September 2010 - 04:19

Raise the price! These are going to be hot-selling aircraft, after all.

Or just keep it at $7.62. ;)

#24 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 29 September 2010 - 04:39

Making them a bundle from the start would be a nice gesture from 777.
They could also test customers' reaction. I suppose massive selling of the bundle.
As for me, if they will be in a bundle, I'll buy them immediately. If not then I'll wait.
Why?
Because now it's more important for me to fly the planes than to collect them.
Now I have all of them except N11. It means that I can fly online for both sides at any era.
Still have a lot to learn to really master them all.

#25 MouseOne

MouseOne

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:22

Let's look at this from the dev's POV. On one hand, all us diehards will love these new airplanes. On the other, the average new fellow will say "Pup? Got the Camel. Tripe? Got the DR1". So yeah, a bit of pot sweetning would help.

But I doubt they'll do it in the first month ;)

#26 Tom-Cundall

Tom-Cundall

Posted 29 September 2010 - 20:23

The name of this thread got me excited about the Bentley and Le Rhone Camels (or maybe a Comic night fighter). Thought I'd missed the info about them being in development! Shouldn't it be called:

How about a package deal on the new Sopwiths?

To avoid disappointment! :)

#27 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 29 September 2010 - 20:43

Let's look at this from the dev's POV. On one hand, all us diehards will love these new airplanes. On the other, the average new fellow will say "Pup? Got the Camel. Tripe? Got the DR1". So yeah, a bit of pot sweetning would help.

I'm not confident in your conclusions.

First, with the new career mode, people will want to progress through time. Not owning the Pup, for example, would pose a serious problem for someone wanting a RNAS career.

Second, with multiplayer setups that occur before the release of the Camel, SE5, Dr1, etc., the Pup and Sopwith triplane will be highly sought after aircraft. This is only more true when we consider that one-sided slaughter that currently occurs with the Albatros D.II vs the N17. The Albatros D.III never even gets a chance to fight the N17 because we are all so bruised and battered by the D.II. :lol:

#28 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 29 September 2010 - 23:04

I dont know why you would discount something new. Discounts are to get people who have not bought something to buy it. You wouldnt discount something the majority of the people will buy the first day its available at its normal price. just sayin.

#29 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 30 September 2010 - 04:46

I dont know why you would discount something new. Discounts are to get people who have not bought something to buy it. You wouldnt discount something the majority of the people will buy the first day its available at its normal price. just sayin.

I don't think that bundle is discount in the sense you've put it.
It's quite common practice that if you buy more products in one go you get better price.
And don't forget about "introduction" (lower for limited time) price policy - also quite common.

As I stated above I have a lot of work to do to fully master the current planes I own (all but one), so I won't buy new ones. But if they come in a bundle, I would go for it.

#30 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 30 September 2010 - 05:17

I don't think that bundle is discount in the sense you've put it.
It's quite common practice that if you buy more products in one go you get better price.
And don't forget about "introduction" (lower for limited time) price policy - also quite common.

As I stated above I have a lot of work to do to fully master the current planes I own (all but one), so I won't buy new ones. But if they come in a bundle, I would go for it.

Discounts for volume occur because with high production numbers the cost of manufacturing one unit decreases. In the case of 777, because each aircraft is a digital copy, it costs just as much per unit to make one Pup as it does to make a thousand. Discounts to increase the number of purchases come into effect after demand slumps.

#31 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 30 September 2010 - 06:10

My last comment on this topic.

Customers should always try for better price - if possible.

If somebody wants to donate anybody, he can send them some money.

Try to put on one side the price of the game and on the other side all additional planes bought at full price.
Then make a sum.
Simple.

#32 catchov

catchov

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:20

#33 Tom-Cundall

Tom-Cundall

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:27

:lol:

The way i see it is - if we want any FM alterations and continuing development of the non-profit making bits of the sim (damage models, careers etc) then we should buy the planes separately (if you can afford them) if not hold fire and I'm sure a bundle will be forth coming.

I hate to think what I've spent on this sim - I bought ROF, ICE and every plane and bought a computer specifically to play it so by the time I add $15 (£10) to it for 2 planes it's not really an issue in the greater scheme of things…

#34 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:53

Ok, now really the last one. :D

Tom, how about $10 per plane?
It's not so much compared to computer price.

I think that making bundle of the two from the start would make 777 even MORE money, because everyone would buy the bundle but not everyone will buy both of them separately.

This is my opinion.

And as to the changes of FM or DM - why are they needed?
Howgh!

#35 Tom-Cundall

Tom-Cundall

Posted 30 September 2010 - 17:06

I'd pay $10 per plane (look how much good FSX planes sell for - to get the realism pack and the B17 that was just released $60 for one plane).

I think $7.62 is a bargain (I know lot's of people can't afford a lot more but think about the work that goes into these planes and their cockpit detail)

#36 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 30 September 2010 - 17:09

Gotta remember too, you dont need all the planes to have a good time. I still have not bought the Dolphin and I dont miss a thing :D.

#37 WWBrian

WWBrian

Posted 30 September 2010 - 17:19

Ok, now really the last one. :D

I think that making bundle of the two from the start would make 777 even MORE money, because everyone would buy the bundle but not everyone will buy both of them separately.

This is my opinion.

Hi ami'

Sorry to provoke you into just one more response…but your (bolded) logic doesn't make sense (cents) to me. :lol:

…Bundle from start = make more money = FALSE!

This is why…

Sure, you may be correct in that some folks may not purchase the planes seperatly…BUT

1.) selling them as a bundle later = those folks still buy them, only later.

2.) bundle from beginning means those that would have bought them seperatly, will now just buy the bundle and that equals LESS money.

#38 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 30 September 2010 - 18:37

3) Those who buy just one of them will not buy the bundle later nor the other plane = less money :lol:

#39 von_Fuchs

von_Fuchs

Posted 30 September 2010 - 18:45

only a bit off topic: Dynamic bundles depending on the planes you have could be worth a thought.

#40 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 30 September 2010 - 18:50

4.Then you didnt want it bad enough. :) Wait till it becomes a bundle 6 months from now if your in no hurry.

I probably wont buy both of them as I have yet to get good with the planes I currently have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users