Photo
- - - - -

New Pics of the Sopwith Triplane Pics Here!

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#1 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:16

Here we go. The Sopwith Triplane is airborne in the Beta. Coming in the near future. Of course this is still a Work In Progress.

More wings than a bucket of chicken.

A good climber.

Peaceful.

Beautiful.

So many wings.

A victim burning on the ground.

Any landing you can walk away from…Maybe I can hop on the train to get back to base.

Enjoy.

Jason

#2 J5_Ben

J5_Ben

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:20

wow…

#3 US103_Hunter

US103_Hunter
  • LocationOver The Front!

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:25

Sweet!

#4 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:25

MAMA mia!

#5 MicahSJ

MicahSJ

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:33

That Sopwith Triplane is looking very good. 8-) I will be looking forward to flying the final product. Thanks ROF team for the work you've done and will be doing on these aircraft.

#6 WWBrian

WWBrian

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:38

Woooohooo!!!!

…and more wings than a bucket of KFC!

:lol: ROFLMAO!!! :lol:

Looks Sweet! I can't wait!

That cockpit shot looks great!

#7 O_Smiladon

O_Smiladon

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:40

OMG,,, "This Plane is Frecken Sweet"

O_Smiladon

#8 BH_Vfw_Klaue

BH_Vfw_Klaue

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:44

S! THX Jason for the pics.

S! White Tails

#9 TX-Gunslinger

TX-Gunslinger

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:03

Model is gorgeous, Jason. Inside and out. Thanks for taking the time to post these beta shots.

Cockpit is superb!

+1 Sold; another fine ROF Warbird to add to my collection :)

Love it!

All the best

Gunny

#10 veltjens

veltjens

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:13

Super duper neato, etc.!

S!

#11 Chill31

Chill31

Posted 24 September 2010 - 03:10

The Pup and Tripe are probably the best flight models to come out of the 777/Neoqb factory to date. I can vouch for the research that went into these and they are excellent when compared to the data and pilot commentary of the period.

They fly as well as they look and are a must buy even for novice pilots of RoF.

#12 BSS_DrGlow

BSS_DrGlow

Posted 24 September 2010 - 03:14

I in love

#13 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 24 September 2010 - 04:45

What a cockpit view! Very nice work so far.

#14 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:15

The Pup and Tripe are probably the best flight models to come out of the 777/Neoqb factory to date. I can vouch for the research that went into these and they are excellent when compared to the data and pilot commentary of the period.

That is good to hear :) Tvrdi must be overcome with lust to respond … or he's messed up his keyboard :lol:

#15 SYN_Ricky

SYN_Ricky

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:01

Sweet, can't wait to fly it and his biplane little brother :)

#16 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:10

Sweet deal! 8-)
Thanks for the pics.

I can imagine one of these parked in a barn, chickens sitting in a tight row on each wing :lol:

#17 Gisbod

Gisbod

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:53

An absolute beauty! I'll have to amend my signature block now! :lol:

Do we know if this will be forthcoming in the October patch? I'm doing a "Death of Ball" video and a few Tripes would be very welcome.. :geek:

#18 Flashy

Flashy
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:00

Very, very pretty! Cant wait for both this and the pup! Thanks for the screenies Jason, and massive thanks to the 777 team for all the amazing work you guys do!

Just because I can give multiple orgasms to the furniture just by sitting on it, doesn't mean that I'm not sick of this damn war: the blood, the noise, the endless poetry...

#19 NickM

NickM

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:03

It looks fantastic!

Is it going to be released at the same time as the Pup?

Cheers,

Nick

#20 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:08

Great shots Jason! Looking forward to this and the pup!

Chill, your post triggers a previous idea I had (and I think Jorri had it as well). Wouldn't it be nice to have reviews -preferably on youtube- for each aircraft in the game? This could help new customers decide which aircraft to buy first. The list of aircraft to buy is now quite long! :)

#21 hq_Chimpy

hq_Chimpy

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:24

WOW!

i want it…. nothing more to say!

#22 Tom-Cundall

Tom-Cundall

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:32

Can't wait for this and the pup. 1917 here I come….

#23 elephant

elephant

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:52

Yea, I hope both will be available in a bundle.

#24 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:05

That is good to hear :) Tvrdi must be overcome with lust to respond … or he's messed up his keyboard :lol:

hehe I though I will spare you guys….the cockpit is still missing some textures (ammo belts etc) as it is still in beta stage, so have that in mind.

but i will not spare you guys….droooooooooooooooooooooooooool

:lol:

#25 vonKachelofen

vonKachelofen

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:41

Or in other words: Even unskilled pilots will be able to shoot ANY german plane in this uber modeled camel clones?

Kachelofen

#26 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:57

Or in other words: Even unskilled pilots will be able to shoot ANY german plane in this uber modeled camel clones?

Kachelofen

in other words ur talking bullshit for planes you never tried….and btw, no it wont be easy for novices…remember DRi is a "copy" of a triplane….I have advice for you, train your skills and then you will be less frustrated. I dont have a problem shootin ppl down in any german plane. In fact DVIIF, DVIII and DRI are amongst my favourite planes in the sim. Not to mention how albatroses are pleasure to fly (good control, stall characteristic etc…as they should). Train your skills.

#27 vonKachelofen

vonKachelofen

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:02

Kachelofen

in other words ur talking bullshit for planes you never tried….and btw, no it wont be easy for novices…remember DRi is a "copy" of a triplane….I have advice for you, train your skills and then you will be less frustrated. I dont have a problem shootin ppl down in any german plane. In fact DVIIF, DVIII and DRI are amongst my favourite planes in the sim. Not to mention how albatroses are pleasure to fly (good control, stall characteristic etc…as they should). Train your skills.

Yeah whatever - :lol:

Kachelofen

#28 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:06

Kachelofen

Of course, because neoQB is famous for making unrealistic flight models just to favor one side. That's why they'll have heat-seeking missiles too…NOT! :P :lol:

What Chili meant is that the FMs will be spot on as they invested a huge amount of work/testing and research to get them right. They will fly just like the real ones. How well anybody will do in them is up to their own skills.

#29 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:10

Not to mention that both Pup and Triplane have only one machinegun compared to two on albatrosese…that makes a difference believe me….since an allied pilot in 1916/17 will need way more time to shot down an enemy plane.

#30 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:13

Holy high wing, Batman, it's a triplane!

Attached Images

• Batman-Robin-Photograph-C12150175.jpg

#31 vonKachelofen

vonKachelofen

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:14

Kachelofen

Of course, because neoQB is famous for making unrealistic flight models just to favor one side. That's why they'll have heat-seeking missiles too…NOT! :P :lol:

What Chili meant is that the FMs will be spot on as they invested a huge amount of work/testing and research to get them right. They will fly just like the real ones. How well anybody will do in them is up to their own skills.

Not heat seeking but i BET there will be unguided rockets for allieds soon while the german side can wait for bombs untill blue snow falls. Sure you guys dont see their biasedness because youre being favored by em. I wouldnt either if i were you. It soo obvious and believe me i am no the only one that thinks like that! There are just LOADS of people not active in the official english languaged forums / reading them…

Kachelofen

#32 MiG-77

MiG-77

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:18

Not heat seeking but i BET there will be unguided rockets for allieds soon while the german side can wait for bombs untill blue snow falls. Sure you guys dont see their biasedness because youre being favored by em. I wouldnt either if i were you. It soo obvious and believe me i am no the only one that thinks like that! There are just LOADS of people not active in the official english languaged forums / reading them…

Kachelofen

:shock: Dude, relax. 777 is not going after you or any side. Sopwith Triplane/Pup were good planes.

#33 vonKachelofen

vonKachelofen

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:18

compared to the data and pilot commentary of the period.

I bet the took sources like the ones they used to model the original DVII. Sources written by allieds…

Kachelofen

#34 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:23

They say: "the neighbours grass is always greener" ;)

I fly for both sides, so do the FMs change each time I switch?

but seriously, if you can find a major flaw/inaccuracy in a FM, and you have sources (hard data) to prove it, the developers would be very happy to see them and correct the FM.

Again, what they meant here, these planes will be very, very close to what they were like in WWI. I can't wait for them!

#35 MiG-77

MiG-77

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:37

I bet the took sources like the ones they used to model the original DVII. Sources written by allieds…

Kachelofen

This is getting ridiculous. Open hostility toward 777 studios and bias accusations are not tolerated in these boards. This is first warning.

#36 O_Smiladon

O_Smiladon

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:41

Kachelofen

-Nope, dont go there either. -MiG-77

#37 150GCT_Veltro

150GCT_Veltro

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:54

Kachelofen

I don't care a lot about Triplane but Sopwith Pup will give us a chance to play finally the Albatros D.II without any limitations. I can't wait for it. Is a great addition waiting for the Spad VII and Albatros DIII (OEF), and be sure it will not be an Albatros eater.

About Fokker D.VII……you complain about a very good fighter. I would like myself have a D.IIIau version but only because i love Fokker D.VII, so more versions are wellcome. D.VIIa is still a very competitive fighter, learn to fly it.

About complains ecc. ecc., we need AS SOON AS POSSIBILE the "fuel locked" option. People who fly Dr.1 and Camel with 10% (myself included) are doing a disaster in RoF.

#38 IM.LOFT

IM.LOFT

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:58

Some more screens

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

#39 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:00

Yea, I hope both will be available in a bundle.
+1 ;)

Nice plane!

#40 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:02

Thanks, LOFT!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users