Photo
- - - - -

NEW! More Bundles and Upgrades Available!

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:17

Attention Pilots!

To further help our common goal of filling up your aircraft hangar as fast and as cheap as possible, we have added the following items to our store. We've added some basic Two-Plane Bundles , several Super Bundles and one Mega Bundle. We've also introduced three Demo Upgrade Packages to give you a real choice in how you enter the ROF universe.

The Super Bundles are tailored to the various Retail and Digital offerings that exist in the marketplace.

Bundles Designed for current ROF users who have most planes already.

Bundle E (Fokker E.III, Airco DH.2) $12.20 Save 20%
Bundle F (Albatros D.II, Nieuport 11) $12.20 Save 20%
Bundle G (Fokker D.VIIF, Fokker D.VIII) $12.20 Save 20%

Super Bundles Designed for the enthusiast who wants to fill up his or her hangar quickly.

Super Bundle 1 for ICE (GameStop) $42.50 Save 30%
(Nieuport 17, Sopwith Dolphin, Pfalz D.XII, Fokker E.III, Airco DH.2, Nieuport 11, Fokker E.VIII, Fokker D.VIIF)

Super Bundle 2 for ICE (Amazon, Best Buy, GoGamer) $42.50 Save 30%
(Albatros D.II, Sopwith Dolphin, Pfalz D.XII, Fokker E.III, Airco DH.2, Nieuport 11, Fokker E.VIII, Fokker D.VIIF)

Super Bundle 3 for ICE (Direct2Drive) $42.50 Save 30%
(Albatros D.II, Nieuport 17, Pfalz D.XII, Fokker E.III, Airco DH.2, Nieuport 11, Fokker E.VIII, Fokker D.VIIF)

Super Bundle 4 for ICE (GamersGate) $42.50 Save 30%
(Albatros D.II, Nieuport 17, Sopwith Dolphin, Fokker E.III, Airco DH.2, Nieuport 11, Fokker E.VIII, Fokker D.VIIF)

Mega Bundle 1 for Original ROF (Various Retailers) $65.50 Save 40%
(Fokker DR. 1, Pfalz D.IIIa, S.E.5a, Sopwith Camel, Albatros D.II, Nieuport 17, Sopwith Dolphin, Albatros D.III, Pfalz D.XII, Fokker E.III, Airco DH.2, Nieuport 11, Fokker E.VIII, Fokker D.VIIF)

Demo Upgrades Designed for Entry Level users, Intermediate Level users and Ethusiast Level users. Pick the Demo Upgrade that meets your needs.

Demo Upgrade $39.99
(SPAD XIII, Fokker D.VII, Nieuport N.28, Albatros D.Va)

Demo ICE Upgrade $49.99 Save 36%
(SPAD XIII, Fokker D.VII, Nieuport N.28, Albatros D.Va, Fokker DR. 1, Pfalz D.IIIa, S.E.5a, Sopwith Camel) (Bonus = Nieuport 17 or Pfalz D.XII or Sopwith Dolphin)

Demo Ultra Upgrade $89.99 Save 25%
(SPAD XIII, Fokker D.VII, Nieuport N.28, Albatros D.Va, Fokker DR. 1, Pfalz D.IIIa, S.E.5a, Sopwith Camel, Albatros D.II, Nieuport 17, Sopwith Dolphin, Albatros D.III, Pfalz D.XII, Fokker E.III, Airco DH.2, Nieuport 11, Fokker E.VIII, Fokker D.VIIF)

We hope these choices give you even more options in how you begin or expand your ROF experience.

Jason

#2 BlackSwan

BlackSwan

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:00

It would be interesting if a player could customize a 2 plane bundle. I wouldn't mind getting the Nieuport 11 and Nieuport 17.

#3 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:24

Customized bundles is beyond our capability at the moment.

Jason

#4 Huetz

Huetz

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:47

Hello Jason!

I have just gotten back to RoF after some real life related absence and found out that my entry for the screenshot contest was among the winners (entry by Thomas Dullnig). So far I have not received anything for it… Just wondering whats up with that.

I also PMed Viks for help with getting my skins back into the game, as they were among the deleted due to the GTX graphics card issue and have not received any answer withint he last weeks (4 or 5 I think) Maybe you can give me some advice on what to do. Shall I PM Han?

Regards,

vH

#5 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer

Posted 21 September 2010 - 05:02

VH,

This thread really isn't a place to discuss these issues.

1. They sent you an email I am sure. You probably missed it.

2. I have no idea what's up with your skins. PM Han or Viks again.

Jason

#6 BlackSwan

BlackSwan

Posted 21 September 2010 - 05:47

Customized bundles is beyond our capability at the moment.

Jason

Thanks for responding. Bundle F is looking mighty tempting. :twisted:

#7 WW1Addict

WW1Addict

Posted 21 September 2010 - 10:23

Yeah! Thanks! I just bought the Alb II yesterday and really wanted that Nieuport 11 with it! :cry:

Just missing three airplanes now. :oops:

#8 Welshie

Welshie

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:02

I likes Bundles :D
Bundle E and F are definatly a go for Me

#9 Nova...

Nova...

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:45

Excellent bundles for my second account! :D

#10 Indy

Indy

Posted 21 September 2010 - 14:31

Ya that's Great Jason!
But what about the guys that bought every plane as soon as It came out! I'm not upset, I think giving the other guys a break, (especially because of the economy that we now have in the USA) is great! But in the future couldn't you give us a break also! You could look at the stats and see who bought a plane as soon as it was offered, and give us some sort of small incentive to keep purchasing the new planes,as it stands now, I guess we should just wait 6 months to a year and see if they go on sale! :)

#11 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 21 September 2010 - 16:07

That's how it works, Indy. If you go into a shop and see something new, especially electronics or software, it will definitely be sold cheaper a few months later. But if you buy early you will be able to enjoy it a lot sooner than those who wait, and you make sure that way that the store will be able to put new stuff in.

#12 DidNotFinish

DidNotFinish

Posted 21 September 2010 - 21:24

Sounds very expensive at first, but if you do the math, you're saving the duckets. ;)

#13 tempered

tempered

Posted 22 September 2010 - 03:54

Wow,
I just started a thread asking for new bundles not too long ago. Time to buy some new planes :D

#14 NavyGunner

NavyGunner

Posted 23 September 2010 - 18:50

Crap….. I just bought one in each bundle for 7 each. Can you mix and match? DHOOOOooooooo.

And Jason just said you cant…. Man…. :cry:

I missed the 2 each and now this….

#15 Dunkers

Dunkers

Posted 27 September 2010 - 21:45

Mmmm, got to agree with Indy. The Eindecker and DH2 haven't even been out that long and already they're being discounted, so all those that coughed up full price a couple of months ago have been shafted.

Plus, spot the a/c that aren't selling - bundles E, F and G. There are only three in the whole game that I don't own, and two of them are represented here. And I'm still not buying them, because I don't want them. What I want is a full set of aircraft for a specific timeframe - any WW1 timeframe, I don't care - not this scatter-gun approach to the release of new aircraft.

Let's have a strategy please Jason, the endless dogfights will soon get stale and more amd more folk will be back hankering for the coops.

:cheers:

#16 Dunkers

Dunkers

Posted 27 September 2010 - 21:50

That's how it works, Indy. If you go into a shop and see something new, especially electronics or software, it will definitely be sold cheaper a few months later. But if you buy early you will be able to enjoy it a lot sooner than those who wait, and you make sure that way that the store will be able to put new stuff in.

And how does that work if we ALL wait for the definite discount? If you are so sure that there's going to be one then I AM going to wait; I have enough planes to be going on with for the team being.

#17 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 28 September 2010 - 00:30

I might have finally convinced a friend of mine to buy ROF next month so I was wondering about this option:

Demo ICE Upgrade
(SPAD XIII, Fokker D.VII, Nieuport N.28, Albatros D.Va, Fokker DR. 1, Pfalz D.IIIa, S.E.5a, Sopwith Camel) (Bonus = Nieuport 17 or Pfalz D.XII or Sopwith Dolphin)

Does that mean one can choose a bonus plane and how does it work?

#18 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:36

The Eindecker and DH2 haven't even been out that long and already they're being discounted, so all those that coughed up full price a couple of months ago have been shafted.

Whoa that's a little strong. I don't feel shafted. I feel supportive of a grand long term project.

#19 O_Smiladon

O_Smiladon

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:22

Ya that's Great Jason!
But what about the guys that bought every plane as soon as It came out! I'm not upset, I think giving the other guys a break, (especially because of the economy that we now have in the USA) is great! But in the future couldn't you give us a break also! You could look at the stats and see who bought a plane as soon as it was offered, and give us some sort of small incentive to keep purchasing the new planes,as it stands now, I guess we should just wait 6 months to a year and see if they go on sale! :)

Indy I have to disagree with you.. I have purchased every plane as soon as it came out, and I will be doing so for the pup, tri, and the bombers as soon as they come out.

Its like going to your local mall and buyin the 50" flat screen panel and going YES got one . then going back a week later and seeing in on sale with 30% off.

Oh well such is life… Its the same as the new merc you just bought for 120k and youdrive it of the lot…Bummer now its worth 80k…such is life.

I know that the pup and the tri will be discounted down the line and i have all the right in the world to sit back and wait for that discount, but you know what bugger it i am gonna buy it NOW!!

Just the world we live in buddy

p.s that goes for you to Dunkers

O_Smiladon

#20 O_Taipan

O_Taipan

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:50

What a bunch of whingers! lol. We haven't been shafted, we've been fortunate and keen enough to buy the aircraft when they come out. Others haven't been able to afford it, or have come to the game later as newbies and just bought ROF:ICE.

Imagine just having bought the game now how much it would cost to upgrade to all the planes with no bundles??

Give them a chance to build their planeset with these bundles as we want this community to grow, we don't want to see dead empty servers forever.

#21 Potenz

Potenz

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:53

EIII and Airco here we go

#22 Dunkers

Dunkers

Posted 28 September 2010 - 17:01

Whoa that's a little strong. I don't feel shafted. I feel supportive of a grand long term project.

Yes, agreed, I was a little OTT in my choice of language :oops: ; plus 20% off of not much isn't really that big a difference.
However, money is now tight for me, so from now on I won't be buying almost every plane as soon as it comes out, but will be hoping for discounts later.
Don't want the Sopwith triplane but a dsicounted Pup might tempt me eventually; the bombers will be the ones I'll pay up front for.

#23 VonHelton

VonHelton

Posted 28 September 2010 - 17:10

I bought all the planes at regular price to support the community. I have no regrets.

When the Bombers, Pup & Tripe come out, I'll buy those as well.

8-)

#24 Plainsman

Plainsman

Posted 29 September 2010 - 20:45

Where are the bundles? I went to Amazon and GoGamer. There are no bundles for sale?

#25 Plainsman

Plainsman

Posted 29 September 2010 - 20:52

Just checked Best Buy. No bundles! Why did you inform us of purchasable bundles when there are none?

#26 O_Smiladon

O_Smiladon

Posted 29 September 2010 - 21:50

Plainsman check the store on this website..its sitting right up there by News,Community,Main forum.

Man some people cant see the woods from the trees.

O_Smiladon

#27 O_Taipan

O_Taipan

Posted 30 September 2010 - 01:15

He's just very excited about getting some more planes in his hangar ;)

#28 Plainsman

Plainsman

Posted 01 October 2010 - 00:27

It appears I owe someone an apology. I've never purchased anything from the store on this site (not even ROF), nor have I ever been it it.

One question. What does it mean to have access to the additional planes in the bundles? Will they be permanently on my hard drive to play offline, or only accessible online? I have ROF:ICE.

#29 O_Taipan

O_Taipan

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:55

They are already on your hard drive now, but they will just be licensed/activated ready to use.

You can play offline mode with single player missions and QMB, or online mode for career or multiplayer, with any plane that you own.

If you've never purchased any yet, the bundles will be great for you just grab them all :)

#30 Josh_Echo

Josh_Echo

Posted 19 October 2010 - 13:50

Demo ICE Upgrade

Does that mean one can choose a bonus plane and how does it work?

As I recall, Jason said in a post somewhere that buying I.C.E. from different stores means you get a different bonus aircraft. I bought mine from Amazon.com (itself, not one of its affiliate merchants) and I got the Nieuport 17 as my bonus aircraft (which I am happy about). Oddly, I can't seem to find this post even after many different search strings. Maybe it's on SimHQ.

Update: I found one such post (http://riseofflight....=145859#p145859" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?p=145859#p145859), but I still can't find the one where he lists which stores' copies have which bonus aircraft.

#31 O_Taipan

O_Taipan

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:22

You can also tell in a roundabout way by looking at the super bundles and figuring out which aircraft is missing from the bundle :)

#32 Tanker69

Tanker69

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:23

I bought all the planes at regular price to support the community. I have no regrets.

8-)
Brother, you are a saleman's dream.

#33 VonHelton

VonHelton

Posted 03 November 2010 - 15:11

8-)

It isn't about sales……It's about helping ROF to be the successor to RB that I've longed for. I know Jason doesn't like to compare the 2 games to each other, but as someone who played the original arcade game "Red Baron", right on up to RB3D, a replacement is needed, and I've planted my flag HERE.

#34 ollivier-berry

ollivier-berry

Posted 03 November 2010 - 16:25

hy guy's just a simple question : i usualy play plane sim of line campaign is there this kind of campaign when we upgrade from demo to ice or ultra upgrade.
thank's for the answer and congratulation for this realy beautifull plane sim.
olliver from saint malo france

#35 VonHelton

VonHelton

Posted 03 November 2010 - 17:45

hy guy's just a simple question : i usualy play plane sim of line campaign is there this kind of campaign when we upgrade from demo to ice or ultra upgrade.
thank's for the answer and congratulation for this realy beautifull plane sim.
olliver from saint malo france

We are still waiting on the new campaign mode, Olliver…..It will probably be released in update 6 or 7.

8-)

#36 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 03 November 2010 - 23:00

There have been at least 10 updates already VonHelton, the first version I found mentioned in the news while skimming through them just now was 1.006, but there were possibly as much as 15 if we assume 1.000 was the release version.

#37 Tanker69

Tanker69

Posted 04 November 2010 - 16:24

8-)

It isn't about sales……It's about helping ROF to be the successor to RB that I've longed for. I know Jason doesn't like to compare the 2 games to each other, but as someone who played the original arcade game "Red Baron", right on up to RB3D, a replacement is needed, and I've planted my flag HERE.

LOL, Ok, buy some planesets and send them to me. That'll help them out. :D

#38 NB72

NB72

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:18

why can,t i update? I bought the game two days ago :(

#39 Baal2

Baal2

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:53

there is a maintenance on the server today, it may be related to your problem

#40 SYN_Mike77

SYN_Mike77

Posted 03 December 2010 - 13:14

Lord VonHelton I remember that arcade game! :) Many quarters to see my wire drawing triplane! I was in awe of the technology and wondered, how can it get better? If someone would have shown me ROF back then I would have passed out.

I own every plane but I have taken advantage of sales as they happened. I went through my account yesterday and to date I have spent $131.17 on Rise of Flight. This makes it the most exspensive game I have ever owned. It is also the best money I have ever spent on a computer game/sim and I regret not one penny.

Sort of glad my wife can't see that total though! :shock:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users