- - - - -

Vote now! How do you pay? For North America and EU users

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1 TopGun

TopGun

Posted 22 July 2009 - 13:21

Hello everybody,
we would like to invite you to take part in a poll about most preferable way of payment in online stores. This topic and poll is for users from North America and Europe. Here is the question:
What way of payment do you prefer in online stores?

Please vote! Thank you!

#2 Lt.Mueller

Lt.Mueller

Posted 22 July 2009 - 14:27

I don't have a credit card, so yeah, I prefer Paypal. :)

#3 CFS_EAGLE_03/Tinytacohead

CFS_EAGLE_03/Tinytacohead

Posted 22 July 2009 - 14:31

PayPal always comes first for me, cause I don't have to punch in a bunch of numbers or remember my Visa verification password. :lol: 2nd, Visa.

#4 ArcticWolf

ArcticWolf

Posted 22 July 2009 - 17:35

M/C for me…..heard to many stories on paypal.

#5 Squid_DK

Squid_DK

Posted 22 July 2009 - 22:07

Ok first post here!

I voted Paypal, very easy and trouble free (at least for me)

Cheers
Staffan

#6 Safari_Ken

Safari_Ken

Posted 23 July 2009 - 00:50

Payment by SMS? That's a little frightening…

#7 Herbs107

Herbs107

Posted 23 July 2009 - 00:57

Hello everybody,
we would like to invite you to take part in a poll about most preferable way of payment in online stores. This topic and poll is for users from North America and Europe. Here is the question:
What way of payment do you prefer in online stores?

Please vote! Thank you!

Paypal for me, its secure, and if the SH*& hits the fan, you get your money back. This also applies to credit cards, but it takes ages to get a charge back from them.

#8 J30HansRicht

J30HansRicht

Posted 23 July 2009 - 02:25

Salute<>

Credit Card here. Used to use Paypal but had several fraudulent attempts that it became a security issue.

Hans Richt

#9 GenDoolittle

GenDoolittle

Posted 23 July 2009 - 05:41

:D

Salute All!

I hope I am not offending anyone by saying this, but I do not feel good about

giving anyone in a foreign country my credit card numbers! Out of the United States

we have so few options in the event of credit card fraud, or identity theft. Who's

gonna run down someone charging stuff to your account in Vladivostok or

Moscow??? :roll: This goes for anywhere out of the US. I much prefer to use a

vehicle like PayPal, although there are risks there, too. I bought the Nieup 17

with a credit card, but I didn't like it—my credit line is MAXED anyway! :lol:

PayPal was not available as a payment option when I bought the extra plane–maybe

next time!

Salute!

Doolittle, CO
US13th Aero Squadron
The Grim Reapers

#10 sanelmalo

sanelmalo

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:02

I prefer paypal. In fact my bank account was canceled yesterday because considered the nieuport pay like fraud. Im spanish, so the payment by VISA to a foreign country its considered non totally clean at first moment. Paypal please!! :?

#11 Bleddyn

Bleddyn

Posted 23 July 2009 - 15:39

I hope I am not offending anyone by saying this, but I do not feel good about

giving anyone in a foreign country my credit card numbers! Out of the United States

we have so few options in the event of credit card fraud, or identity theft. Who's

gonna run down someone charging stuff to your account in Vladivostok or

Moscow???

Funny, I feel better not giving mine to places IN the US. More identity theft by far in the US then anywhere else in the world. So since your fear is not based on any fact, is it just an issue with "foreigners"?

#12 76.IAP_Bibi

76.IAP_Bibi

Posted 23 July 2009 - 15:41

Paypal

Regards Bibi

#13 Der.Mo

Der.Mo

Posted 23 July 2009 - 16:43

PAYPAL is the best choice.Sadly its not offered in shop currently.Will it?

#14 Koa/vonHippel

Koa/vonHippel

Posted 23 July 2009 - 19:54

I have never had any problems paying with a credit card anywhere in the world. Recently I ordered an item from Australia and tried to pay for it with Mastercard but it was turned dowm. I couldn't figure out why since I pay in full within a day of receiving a bill and carry no balance, so I paid with Visa. A few minutes later I got a call from Master Card asking me if my card was stolen. I said no so they said OK go ahead and charge for the item I was buying. Some security !.
I don't like to pay with Paypal because I don't like funds being taken out of my checking account. The only time Paypal allows payment with the credit card I have on file with them is if there are not enough funds to cover the cost of the item. It was never like this before but since Paypal was acquired by Ebay a lot of changes were made and usually for the benefit of Ebay.

#15 Bleddyn

Bleddyn

Posted 23 July 2009 - 21:21

Well it is also ridiculous to say you don't want to send your credit card info to a particular country (Russia in this case), if you purchase it through GoGamer.. then Gogamer gets your info.. you are sending it to a US company. If you order from NCIX, a Canadian company, etc etc.

#16 Brutal_Baron

Brutal_Baron

Posted 24 July 2009 - 00:20

After I purchased my N 17 the following day I receieved a call from my credit card bank (here in the US). They questioned my card being used over seas. I had never used that card except for purchases here in the US. I assured them that the purchase was vaild. I thanked them and told them that they should call me ANY time my card purchases did not fit the "profile" of my purchasing history. They have in the past called me when I spent about 2500 dollars using my credit card on a laptop (and related items in one day). I appreciate their calls.

#17 Uberking

Uberking

Posted 24 July 2009 - 03:12

I like to use my visa card from my bank really a debit card.Pretty safe as if anything suspect happens I can call my bank and it will get fixed fast.I had some place once try to double charge me and they had the nerve to call my bank and fraudiently place a cliam on me! My bank checked it out and they even gave me the $100.00 or so dollars the digbats had tried to charge me! Like the others have sadi I am more worried about us based folks trying to play fraud on me a russian is gonna have a hard time preteninding to be an american in Vladivostok and Russian law would be on the person anyway fraud is a crime in Russia just as it is here in the US.I also like the debit because I pay the exact price and no paying for months or years with credit.

#18 =MFC=Gunloon

=MFC=Gunloon

Posted 24 July 2009 - 04:51

I like to use my visa card from my bank really a debit card.Pretty safe as if anything suspect happens I can call my bank and it will get fixed fast.I had some place once try to double charge me and they had the nerve to call my bank and fraudiently place a cliam on me! My bank checked it out and they even gave me the $100.00 or so dollars the digbats had tried to charge me! Like the others have sadi I am more worried about us based folks trying to play fraud on me a russian is gonna have a hard time preteninding to be an american in Vladivostok and Russian law would be on the person anyway fraud is a crime in Russia just as it is here in the US.I also like the debit because I pay the exact price and no paying for months or years with credit.

Amen to that last line!

I bought my Nieuport 17 using my VISA debit card. I'm good either way though, I've used PayPal for 9 years without a hiccup, and besides, I've also got their MasterCard debit card…lol

[MF] Gunloon

#19 Hedgehog

Hedgehog

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:22

Waiting for PayPal to work and then will order the N-17.

Paypal is easier to manage under the wife's radar… She sees all the credit card bills :oops: but couldn't care less what I do with PayPal. :lol:

#20 Retro-Burn

Retro-Burn
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:51

One of the easiest things to do is open another account and make sure there's no overdraft or negative penalty. This second account usually carries an additional check card from the bank. Most banks have on-line portals to log on to. just transfer over the monies needed for the transaction and use that "internet card" for it. if, you mistakingly use it without the proper funds, it will or should reject without penalty. The key is keeping a 0 balance on the account.

#21 VonZimmerman

VonZimmerman

Posted 27 July 2009 - 12:28

Paypal feels the most secure of all options.

and they have a great support/help desk if you run into problems.

#22 Ddonaghy

Ddonaghy

Posted 30 July 2009 - 13:19

Paypal got my vote. Alot of people playing the game do not have access to a credit card. Paypal definitely makes the most sense.

I tried to buy today but cannot :(

#23 Pimpin

Pimpin

Posted 30 July 2009 - 19:28

Paypal for me as well!

#24 Kissenberth

Kissenberth

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:04

ill order the new planes
as soon as paypal becomes available
I'm not willing to take the risk of providing my credit card number for any kind of online purchase period
Just my 2 cents

#25 J9_Austin

J9_Austin

Posted 31 July 2009 - 20:18

I will order the Pfaltz and the Se5a when you get PayPal. I've had good dealings with the company and they've gone out of the way to fix a problem I had with a purchase from Ebay.
PayPal please 8-)
S!~and good hunting
Austin of the dark country :o

sig_zpsmzog27aq.jpg

#26 Majo

Majo

Posted 31 July 2009 - 20:57

PayPal!!!
As an international buyer for many years my experience appreciates this trustful relation with PayPal.

Salutes.

#27 Remus

Remus

Posted 01 August 2009 - 18:38

Paypal.
I will order the Pfaltz and the Se5a when you get PayPal.I want to fly with the new airplanes

#28 WillyB

WillyB

Posted 01 August 2009 - 19:58

I use only Paypal :o :o !!!!, so when Paypal comes available, I will definately buy a few Planes. I am enjoying this Flight Program very much.

#29 CFS_EAGLE_03/Tinytacohead

Posted 02 August 2009 - 19:01

I'm not sure if it's been stated in this thread yet or not, (or what it means in the long run), but apparently the reason PayPal is still non-functional has to do with a jurisdiction problem. By what I read, I guess it's not currently used/available in Russia..

#30 SSB33CY

SSB33CY

Posted 03 August 2009 - 11:38

PayPal :!: ..or Amex card :roll: .. And please let PayPal available!! I neeeeddd buy some stuff :lol:

#31 svotto

svotto

Posted 05 August 2009 - 13:26

I just bought and downloaded the game yesterday - I used Visa - its easy and safe.
I will also be using Visa to buy the new planes as they come out as well as any addons.

#32 expat

expat

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:09

i wont use paypal ive had a bad time with them , however the payment system you have in palce there seems to be a problem , i have tried using my visa and it keeps declining the payment ??
no idea whay the information i put in was correct and i have ample funds to pay for the aircraft .Seems to me that if you cant purchase the new aircraft as they come out this sim has a very short lifespan .

#33 vrex01

vrex01

Posted 06 August 2009 - 20:32

paypal

#34 NavyGunner

NavyGunner

Posted 06 August 2009 - 20:40

Paypal, Gun…. Thanks for asking ;)

#35 FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey

Posted 07 August 2009 - 07:52

Paypal here too. I haven't bought anything from the store yet, but I will when paypal will be available ;)

#36 Strontium-Dog

Strontium-Dog

Posted 07 August 2009 - 15:34

Paypal for me and like monkey above i wont be buying any add on planes till paypal is available :shock: ;)

Stronty

#37 Mumble

Mumble

Posted 07 August 2009 - 21:36

Me 3rd, Won't buy addons till paypal becomes an option. It's not only a personal issue it's also the fact that My CCard company doesn't ackowledge Overseas purchases without all the hubbub! And i like that.

#38 Maxik

Maxik

Posted 08 August 2009 - 00:15

Paypal for me!

I did buy the three news planes (I love the Pfalz!!) using my Visa card (as no Paypal option for us Brits to use yet) and immediately got a call from my Credit card company asking if I knew my card was being used to pay money to a company in Moscow. (Apparently they see a lot of fraud like that so these generate alerts extremely quickly)

Very good of the credit card company to flag to me so quickly, but Paypal will probably be smoother and less stressful for all.

#39 Live_bait

Live_bait

Posted 08 August 2009 - 04:37

I use credit card for downloaded software purchases because as paypal puts it, "The Buyer Complaint Policy only applies to payments for tangible, physical goods which can be shipped, and excludes all other payments, including but not limited to payments for intangibles, for services or for licenses and other access to digital content. In addition, items
prohibited in the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy are ineligible for coverage". Which means with PayPal if you send your payment and for whatever reason do not receive your download and then can not get a response from the seller's customer service…you may be out your money. I had this happen to me when trying to purchase a game download worth $80, it was three weeks before the customer service finally replied to my emails. I was sure that I was out my money, I got lucky, now I only use credit card.

#40 CFS_EAGLE_03/Tinytacohead

Posted 08 August 2009 - 18:02

I use credit card for downloaded software purchases because as paypal puts it, "The Buyer Complaint Policy only applies to payments for tangible, physical goods which can be shipped, and excludes all other payments, including but not limited to payments for intangibles, for services or for licenses and other access to digital content. In addition, items
prohibited in the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy are ineligible for coverage". …

Wow, thanks for bringing that to our attention. Having never had to use PayPal in that manner, I had no idea. (as I'm sure many others don't either) That said, for something under $8 I'd prefer PayPal for the ease of use, and just chance it. I wonder what credit card's policy is on the matter? I assume better..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users