Photo
- - - - -

Mod AI

• Please log in to reply
332 replies to this topic

#281 Russkly

Russkly

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:32

OK, I'm a bit confused (this is not unusual).

If I want to start from scratch with the mods, then which files/folders should I delete or empty?

Assuming that all mods go in the "luascripts" folder (do they?), do I delete all the files in the "Data/LuaScripts/ai" and "Data/LuaScripts/worldobjects" folders?

Sorry if this is all very obvious :oops:

#282 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 01 October 2011 - 13:32

Yes Russkly.

————–

As for JSGME, what happens when two mods overlap? For example, the mod compilation I posted overlaps with Avimimus' mod. What happens if I enable both?

#283 ClipWing

ClipWing

Posted 03 October 2011 - 00:41

I believe it just replaces the earlier file, hence the need to unload such mods in reverse sequence (ie "back-out")

#284 JimmyBlonde

JimmyBlonde

Posted 03 October 2011 - 00:48

Yes Russkly.

————–

As for JSGME, what happens when two mods overlap? For example, the mod compilation I posted overlaps with Avimimus' mod. What happens if I enable both?

Depends on the load order, whichever file is last on the list will have precedence.

This is called the "Rule of One", meaning that only one mod which changes a certain file can be valid.

#285 DKoor

DKoor

Posted 05 October 2011 - 21:51

Does this mod need to be updated with every new patch, or just when a new plane is released?

It does not need to be updated. When a new scout is released it will remain default until you, or someone, updates the AI script associated with it.

And I read something about deleting a "world objects" folder. Is this still necessary? And if so, where is that folder?
Yes, you should delete it. It is located in Rise of Flight\data\Luascripts\World Objects.

Now, stop asking questions and just try it out already. ;)

Gavvers, Old Chap!

Why would done delete the "worldobjects" folder?

That's where all the rear gunner mods are for me (following instructions).

The AI mods appear to be in "ai" in the "Data/LuaScripts" folder, and the rear gunner mods in the "worldobjects" folder.

Am I doing something wrong?

R
Thanks for mentioning this, I would probably be stuck on my first attempt to run this mod.
I loaded first mission then flew a bit then ROF froze out giving some ERROR message about DFW gunner.
I deleted WorldObjects folder (contained Beguet and DFW gunner files) and I'm giving it a shot again :S!: .

EDIT

I can confirm that it works for me after I deleted WorldObjects folder.

Thanks for making this good mod, it seems that it is really good after only one mission.
Turned my flight leader into a killing machine. He now kills with good deflection bursts, couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that he actually saw off Aircos' wing during a high deflection burst.

Now this is going to be good in Quick Mission mode too :x

#286 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 05 October 2011 - 22:05

If you want to run the Avimimus flak mod, or Gav bullets/tracers mod, you need the worldobject folder ;)

#287 DKoor

DKoor

Posted 05 October 2011 - 22:14

Does this mod need to be updated with every new patch, or just when a new plane is released?

It does not need to be updated. When a new scout is released it will remain default until you, or someone, updates the AI script associated with it.

And I read something about deleting a "world objects" folder. Is this still necessary? And if so, where is that folder?
Yes, you should delete it. It is located in Rise of Flight\data\Luascripts\World Objects.

Now, stop asking questions and just try it out already. ;)

Gavvers, Old Chap!

Why would done delete the "worldobjects" folder?

That's where all the rear gunner mods are for me (following instructions).

The AI mods appear to be in "ai" in the "Data/LuaScripts" folder, and the rear gunner mods in the "worldobjects" folder.

Am I doing something wrong?

R
Thanks for mentioning this, I would probably be stuck on my first attempt to run this mod.
I loaded first mission then flew a bit then ROF froze out giving some ERROR message about DFW gunner.
I deleted WorldObjects folder (contained Beguet and DFW gunner files) and I'm giving it a shot again :S!: .

EDIT

I can confirm that it works for me after I deleted WorldObjects folder.

Thanks for making this good mod, it seems that it is really good after only one mission.
Turned my flight leader into a killing machine. He now kills with good deflection bursts, couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that he actually saw off Aircos' wing during a high deflection burst.

Now this is going to be good in Quick Mission mode too :x
Thanks, I'll check those out didn't even know they exist :0o: , I'm new to the game.
However I'll recreate WO folder when I'm about to install those.
I'm still getting myself adjusted to this mod 8-) .
I have noticed quite a bit longer mission loading time too with mods on/AI mod.

#288 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:45

I have noticed quite a bit longer mission loading time too with mods on/AI mod.

Yes, for all of us. But finally the waiting worth it :)
Boom and Zoomers are fighting like it was supposed to be, and ufo DIIs are slightly tuned down…imo.
Just make sure you get both VII files in your mod. They are flying/fighting very very nicely.

#289 JohnBanks

JohnBanks

Posted 08 October 2011 - 09:16

Havent read the whole thread here, but i also like to get the latest and working version of the AI mod.

A link would be appreciated. :) Does this mod autoload with mods on?

#290 arjisme

arjisme

Posted 08 October 2011 - 15:02

Here's the link.

#291 mrlucky

mrlucky

Posted 18 November 2011 - 17:20

I have an AI question. I am trying to sort out which career utility I like better. The supplied beta or Pat Wilson's. I need to use PWCG more to make the determination, but while testing the stock beta CG, I had a funny AI experience. Not leading the flight, I followed the formation. Flying EIII's out of Sivry, our first waypoint and, consequently objective, was to the south east. My leader turned to slightly east of north and stayed on that heading. After several minutes of sight seeing over friendly territory, I determined the flight was not going to head to the objective and gave up. Is this a type of AI glitch that this mod can rectify or is this mod strictly affecting combat behaviour?
Thanks.

#292 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 18 November 2011 - 19:42

Combat behavior only.

Your flight leader probably spotted an enemy aircraft 50 miles away and thought he might catch up to him.

#293 avlSteve

avlSteve

Posted 18 May 2012 - 15:29

EDIT –
had a double post going here:
Predictable AI

#294 Dietz

Dietz

Posted 18 May 2012 - 16:08

This is the first mod of this type I've tried to install in RoF & I am unfamiliar with the process.After download I get a PHP file, but it won'topen with 7Zip & I don't think I can just dump the thing in data folder without opening it up somehow…What shall I do? :shock:

#295 avlSteve

avlSteve

Posted 18 May 2012 - 16:12

This is the first mod of this type I've tried to install in RoF & I am unfamiliar with the process.After download I get a PHP file, but it won'topen with 7Zip & I don't think I can just dump the thing in data folder without opening it up somehow…What shall I do? :shock:

I'm using the zip file from the first post in this thread:
Mod Compilation (with JSGME organization!)

#296 Avimimus

Avimimus

Posted 21 May 2012 - 23:02

Interesting issue - gunners stopped responding when this mod was used in 1.025

It may be a result of using an earlier version of the AI mod - but I thought you'd like to know.

#297 tn_prvteye

tn_prvteye

Posted 26 May 2012 - 14:32

I noticed this, too. I was flying a Biff when an Albatross saddled up to my 6. I turned around and watched my gunner do absolutely nothing as we got riddled with bullets. Lazy sod… ;)

#298 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 26 May 2012 - 14:57

This problem is fixed in the mod compilation I posted.

#299 Avimimus

Avimimus

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:02

How did you fix it? I was starting to try and solve the problem… but I wasn't having much luck!

#300 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 27 May 2012 - 13:03

By what process of investigation did I fix it? Or are you asking what was the result?

I'll answer the second question because it is quicker to answer. 777 introduced a new line in the AI script that assigns a threat priority to the aircraft. If that line is missing, the observers ignore the enemy aircraft. If you don't look carefully it's easy to miss.

There's different levels of priority, too. Some are set at 1, some are set at 2, etc. Whoever the AI guy is definitely doing some work behind the scenes.

#301 Avimimus

Avimimus

Posted 27 May 2012 - 14:06

Awesome! Yes, the quick fixes I tried didn't work - but I hadn't unpacked the new AI files…

Nice work Gavagai!

#302 Avimimus

Avimimus

Posted 27 May 2012 - 17:42

By the way, does anyone understand these values well?

MinOpenFireAngle =
MaxOpenFireAngle =
MinStopFireAngle =
MaxStopFireAngle =

I'm think of creating a mod that increases the gunnery accuracy of scouts (particularly those of moderate skill level) when they are attacking unmaneuvering targets (ie. two-seaters).

#303 Oldsimmer

Oldsimmer

Posted 31 May 2012 - 15:44

is the AI V5.1 Compatable with ROF V1.25 the reason I ask is im getting a CTDT, I have removed the worldobjects folder but still CTDT.

The only other folder I have in the Luascripts folder is the snapviews folder.

Just tried the AI V6 still CTDT.

Looks like im the only one having this CTDT I have no other mod installed.

#304 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 31 May 2012 - 20:09

It's not the AI mod. I have also CTD every now and then since 1.025b even mods off.

#305 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 31 May 2012 - 22:54

is the AI V5.1 Compatable with ROF V1.25 the reason I ask is im getting a CTDT, I have removed the worldobjects folder but still CTDT.

The only other folder I have in the Luascripts folder is the snapviews folder.

Just tried the AI V6 still CTDT.

Looks like im the only one having this CTDT I have no other mod installed.

Remove the file called "caeroplane" from the AI folder.

#306 Oldsimmer

Oldsimmer

Posted 31 May 2012 - 23:47

Thats sorted it out gavagai thanks working ok now.

=Fifi= I very rarely get the CTDT now.

Thanks for the replys guys.

#307 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:00

Glad I could help!

:S!:

#308 Oldsimmer

Oldsimmer

Posted 01 June 2012 - 20:03

Hi gavagai hit on another problem flying in carrer I had a ROF go to the task bar and a pop up saying

CAN'T LOAD OBJECT Luascripts/worldobjects/boltgunner DFW TXT.

I just clicked OK and clicked on ROF on the task bar and carried on with the mission then it happened again, never seen this before, any ideas before I click Mods OFF.

#309 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 01 June 2012 - 21:11

Are you using the reduced gunner vitality mod from the JSGME switcher? That file has nothing to do with criquet's AI mod.

#310 Oldsimmer

Oldsimmer

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:30

Are you using the reduced gunner vitality mod from the JSGME switcher? That file has nothing to do with criquet's AI mod.

No

I have taken out the WorldObjects folder to see if it's that, will let you know how I get on.

Thanks for reply.

#311 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:09

Ok, then the problem you encountered has nothing to do with using mods.

Question: are you using a 32 or 64 bit operating system?

#312 Oldsimmer

Oldsimmer

Posted 02 June 2012 - 18:47

Ok, then the problem you encountered has nothing to do with using mods.

Question: are you using a 32 or 64 bit operating system?

Windows 7 64 bit

#313 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 02 June 2012 - 21:08

Hmmmm, I thought maybe it was a 32 bit out of memory issue, but I guess not!

—————-

NOTICE:

The AI Mod found in this thread is no longer compatible with Rise of Flight.

#314 WarnerVH

WarnerVH

Posted 16 September 2012 - 15:27

Hey gents, can you please answer a question for me or show me to the post number this has been already answered since there is 32 pages and I haven't found it yet. Since the last addition to Pat Wilsons Campaign Generator has come along it looks that in the utility you can select create mission to be co op in the configuration setting. I currently own version 11.0 and think it's the latest As far as I know. My question is this…

I have set in the config settings to create the mission for co op and when I load up RoF and go to the multiplayer settings to create a mission, in the co op tab my Pat Wilson Mission is present for co op. It will load and everything and I can even have my friend log into the game and select one of the available aircraft. The problem though is that when we start and appear in our planes on the airfield we both get this strange anomaly where when we start our engines a second prop appears out of no where and then our prop gets blown off and we are propless. The AI pilots also have the same problem. What must I do to get the version 11.0 (assuming its the latest PatWilCampGen I own is the latest) to get them to be truly flyable in multiplayer?

Can you either point me to the location or give some solution?

Thanks all!

#315 Joker_BR

Joker_BR

Posted 16 September 2012 - 15:39

Hi WarnerVH, you may post your question on this thread, and maybe Pat can help you. Seems to me that there are other planes spawning on your spot (sort of).

#316 WarnerVH

WarnerVH

Posted 16 September 2012 - 17:55

Thanks Joker_BR! I will most certainly do so! yeah, it might be just that. I bet I have to open the Mission with the ME and make all the planes co op or something. but I will check out the posting.

Thanks again.

#317 BigDuke66

BigDuke66

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:55

Is this mod still being worked on?
Any version there for 1.030?

#318 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:13

Been using it for absolutely ages..

#319 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 24 April 2013 - 14:24

That's because I fix it whenever RoF makes changes that break it.

You can get the update to Criquet's mod that keeps it compatible here:

#320 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 24 April 2013 - 16:49

That's because I fix it whenever RoF makes changes that break it.

You can get the update to Criquet's mod that keeps it compatible here:

Yes, Criquet rode off into the sunset a very long time ago.

Gav has my constant gratitude for keeping the AI Mod current (adding planes, too). It's the only thing that makes the AI in SP playable IMO.

Thank you (again), Gav!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users