- - - - -

Mod AI

• Please log in to reply
332 replies to this topic

#41 NickM

NickM

Posted 22 September 2010 - 21:09

Thank you for these Criquet.

I have just played in a Fokker D.VII vs four SPAD XIIIs and it is so much better than the original AI. The SPADs make high speed attack runs and do not stay around to turn fight. The AI SPAD is frightening again!

Merci!

Nick

#42 WWSittingduck

WWSittingduck

Posted 22 September 2010 - 22:31

lol…sorry bout the new thread…but again, great job

Old Fokkers Squad

#43 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 22 September 2010 - 22:35

I may have missed it in the thread but I downloaded the mod, where do I drop it in at? Or do I drop it in individual spots for each plane?

Just unzip it (or copy/past when unzipped) in the ROF/data folder.
And clic yes for fusionate/remplace it. That's all ;)
Same for little Data zip (for DR1).
It doesn't take any time longer to load, when playing mods on (the mod is very light)
The only thing wich can take time is skins you have for mods on…

#44 BH_von_Guber

BH_von_Guber
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:54

One will see small differences in style between the models of plane and the levels of AI.

- The fast planes try to use their speed
- The beginners and average turn less tight than Aces, except if one has very near.
- Possibility of surprising planes especially (in a fray only) when they continue another plane.
- The machine gunners of the two-seaters open fire on all the possible angles.
- The Aces in plane type SPAD risk to make a fast attack and not to return.
- Collision risk increased in the H to H.

I have a question regarding the gunners of 2-seaters. Tonight, one of our group commented that he thought the Breguets were firing almost straight down at him as he tried to approach from below and behind. Is there still a "no fire zone" to the rear and below?

#45 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 23 September 2010 - 05:00

Is there still a "no fire zone" to the rear and below?

Criquet will certainly confirm you, but yes, they still can't fire through their own tail/canvas.
So there is still a dead zone where gunners can't fire ;)
But you have to be more carefull now, sitting below/behind them :mrgreen:

#46 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 23 September 2010 - 05:12

One will see small differences in style between the models of plane and the levels of AI.

- The fast planes try to use their speed
- The beginners and average turn less tight than Aces, except if one has very near.
- Possibility of surprising planes especially (in a fray only) when they continue another plane.
- The machine gunners of the two-seaters open fire on all the possible angles.
- The Aces in plane type SPAD risk to make a fast attack and not to return.
- Collision risk increased in the H to H.

I have a question regarding the gunners of 2-seaters. Tonight, one of our group commented that he thought the Breguets were firing almost straight down at him as he tried to approach from below and behind. Is there still a "no fire zone" to the rear and below?

I just finished up a career mission using this mod, at the end of which I tried going up against 3 Breguets by myself (I couldn't get the attention of my AI buddies and they flew on back to base). Predictably, I wasn't able to accomplish much alone against all 3. I thought on balance the rear gunnery situation was well handled - they were dangerous enough to make me have to be careful, but not deadly sniper-ish. They seemed to be able to fire downward and to the rear if I was a little off to their side (and I always was, to at least one of them), but I didn't notice them being able to shoot straight down/back through their own tails or anything.

I was able to pull up from underneath a few times and get some bursts into a couple of them (not enough to do any noticeable damage, however), but I always had to break off as at least one of the gunners seemed to start getting the range. Eventually, one of them put a few rounds through my fabric close enough to make me decide that it was time to break off and go home. All in all, it was a very realistic-seeming encounter under the circumstances. Unfortunately, both missions I've flown so far have been low level ones to start with, and the typical 5-on-2 encounters with fighters, so I haven't yet been able to get a good feel for the new fighter AI behaviors, but I'm liking what I've seen so far regarding the 2-seaters.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#47 MiG-77

MiG-77

Posted 23 September 2010 - 05:52

Made quick test with D.VII vs. SPAD. AI is pretty much what it was in start of the game (Meaning faster planes now run away, which btw caused massive complains from players earlier ;) ).

#48 catchov

catchov

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:28

AI is pretty much what it was in start of the game (Meaning faster planes now run away, which btw caused massive complains from players earlier ;) ).

Yes that was a bit unfortunate :roll:

#49 elephant

elephant

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:12

I am playing a Pat Wilson's RoF Campaign,(Jasta 2).
The other day while flying an interception Mission over our lines, my plane was damaged taking hits from a rear gunner so I had to conduct an emergency landing on a field near by.
I then start watching the action between my flight and the ecsort fighters that bounced them, (DH2s), to write a report afterwards.
I noticed that the damaged leader of one of the two flights of the DH2s after receiving conciderable damage continued turnfighting with our Albatros', although they were outnumbering us.
Eventually he overstressed his plane and forced it down.
Is it possible to program planes that receive damage over enemy teritory to try to flee back to their lines?

Also do you know about the efforts of some fellow French guys of II/JG51 IL-2 online squad, making an AI mod that accomplishes invisibility through clouds?

http://hist-simu.2jg51.org/hs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4716

#50 Criquet

Criquet

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:18

afflicted it is translation by google

For the machine gunner of two-seater, I carried out tests. With an “invulnerable” plane I walked around the planes.

Then checked on a tracks has slow speed. they can use their weapons on all the angles realistic. But cannot shot through their plane. (I did not make hours and hours of test, that is not impossible, but surely negligible)

There are 2 phases in the adjustments of AI.
1/ pure technique, that relates to the good comprehension of the various parameters of the files of AI. For that Han distributed a Russian documentation. Thank you it has. But certain data would deserve more explanation. And I acknowledge not all to understand them has 100%. And I must make multiple test to try to understand.

2/ I would say with dimensions “artistic”. here, it is with dimensions creative one by putting values in the data. Who correspond has what one thinks of being most realistic. There is not of mathematical “good and bad” values. “Realistic or gamey”. Each one can make its adjustments by report has what seems to him most credible or more amusing. You put a little this, a little that, less this thing, more that, etc…

personally, which amuses to me is to make AI most human possible. And to try to make him apply tactics which I think real.

Pour les mitrailleur de biplace, j'ai fait des essais. Avec un avion "invulnérable" je me suis promené autour des avions.

Puis vérifié sur un tracks a vitesse lente. ils peuvent utiliser leurs armes sur tous les angles réaliste. Mais ne peuvent pas tirer a travers leur avion. (je n'ai pas fait des heures et des heures de test, cela n'est pas impossible, mais surement négligeable)

Il y a 2 phases dans les réglages des AI.
1/ pure technique, cela concerne la bonne compréhension des différents paramètres des fichiers de l'AI. Pour cela Han a distribué une documentation en russe. Merci a lui. Mais certaines données mériterais plus d'explication. Et j'avoue ne pas toutes les comprendre a 100%. Et je doit faire de multiples test pour essayer de comprendre.

2/ je dirais un coté "artistique". ici, c'est le coté créatif en mettant des valeurs dans les données. Qui correspondent a ce qu'on pense être le plus réaliste. Il n'y a pas de de valeurs mathématiques "bon et mauvais". "Réaliste ou gamey". Chacun peut faire ses réglages par rapport a ce qui lui semble le plus crédible ou le plus amusant. Vous mettez un peu de ceci, un peu de cela, moins de cette chose, plus de ça, etc…

personnellement, ce qui m'amuse c'est de rendre l'AI la plus humaine possible. Et d'essayer de lui faire appliquer des tactiques que je pense réelles.

#51 Criquet

Criquet

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:23

Is it possible to program planes that receive damage over enemy teritory to try to flee back to their lines?

I would like that. I saw data of integrities of the cell and engine in files AI. I seek has to know if that can exploit the behavior.

We can do it in a mission with the editor, thanks to the triggers. But it would be better if that were coded in AI

#52 BH_von_Guber

BH_von_Guber
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 23 September 2010 - 16:56

Then checked on a tracks has slow speed. they can use their weapons on all the angles realistic. But cannot shot through their plane. (I did not make hours and hours of test, that is not impossible, but surely negligible)

Thanks for the replies, Criquet et al. I suspected as much. Sometimes when something is different than before it can cause concerns until it's more understood, or familiar.

#53 BH_von_Guber

BH_von_Guber
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 23 September 2010 - 16:59

<snip>(Meaning faster planes now run away, which btw caused massive complains from players earlier ;) ).

What? How dare they not let us shoot them? :roll:

#54 MiG-77

MiG-77

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:43

<snip>(Meaning faster planes now run away, which btw caused massive complains from players earlier ;) ).

Main argument, if I remember right, was that "This is game, it is not fun". :roll:

#55 Criquet

Criquet

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:00

Let us hope that the developers of simulator, do not listen to all our stupidities.
If not, Wings of Prey II will be the most realistic simulator in 2011 :mrgreen:

#56 WWBrian

WWBrian

Posted 30 September 2010 - 04:17

Main argument, if I remember right, was that "This is game, it is not fun". :roll:

Yes, that…and it takes too long. I want to get kills fast. :o :roll:

#57 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 06 October 2010 - 21:39

An incredible thing i've noticed with Criquet's mod :
Ennemy AIs are often flying as team with a wingman, even in dogfights :o :shock:
Never noticed that before the mod…very good immersive addition!
Thanks to sir Criquet :P

#58 Criquet

Criquet

Posted 06 October 2010 - 23:00

Little update in version 5.1 (in first message), just some adjustement for Fokker Dr1 and Albatros Dva.

Thx FiFi, for your feedback who have allowed to me to make its improvements

#59 von_Heimler

von_Heimler
  • LocationChilliwack, BC Canada

Posted 06 October 2010 - 23:10

It was just pointed out to me that an AI mod had been created and this thread sent to me. Thanks Criquet for your work, I have downloaded this mod and fix for DrI and will be trying this out as soon as I can.

Cheers,

Signature_zpsy2runyft.jpg

"Become an Ace by mastering your aircraft!"

#60 OlPaint01

OlPaint01

Posted 09 October 2010 - 00:10

Hello Criquet,

I just discovered your AI Mod and installed it with MODS ON option. I can not believe how much improved the AI Pilots are with this. The turn-and-burn tangles have really been improved. Outstanding!!! I am really enjoying the challenge now.

BTW, where can I find the DrI fix that everyone is referring to in the thread above?

OlPaint01

#61 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 09 October 2010 - 00:16

Hello Criquet,

I just discovered your AI Mod and installed it with MODS ON option. I can not believe how much improved the AI Pilots are with this. The turn-and-burn tangles have really been improved. Outstanding!!! I am really enjoying the challenge now.

BTW, where can I find the DrI fix that everyone is referring to in the thread above?

OlPaint01

Redownload the V 5.1 version in first post…you'll get everything in there
(with the DR1 fix).
Install as you did before ;)

#62 NickM

NickM

Posted 12 October 2010 - 19:18

Criquet,

Are you going to have a look at the Sopwith Triplane and Pup? At the moment they just do the old "spiral to the ground" routine. Your attention would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Nick

#63 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 12 October 2010 - 19:21

I have not looked at the file but I wonder if to start you could just put the DR1 in with the tripe and the camel in with the pup. Just basically copy and paste.

#64 Criquet

Criquet

Posted 12 October 2010 - 20:28

Bonjour,

Sorry i can't translate :)

pour raison personnelle je n'ai plus accès au jeu, aussi je doit modifier les fichiers sans pouvoir vérifier ce que ça donne. ainsi je vais me contenter de faire de très légère modifications. Ma première idée est de faire penser aux IA du Pup et Triplan qu'il serais risqué pour leur structure de commencer un piqué alors qu'ils sont a une vitesse déjà élevée. Ce qui devrait les inciter a virer en gardant leur altitude.

Je place quelques limites sur les novices et moyen niveau d'AI afin que peut être ils paraissent candides et fassent quelques erreurs de pilotages.

Si cela s'avère concluant, peut être quelqu'un auras la gentillesse de compiler cela avec la version V5.1 pour faire une archive V6 ?

Pour ma part, je serais en incapacité de me connecter sur internet durant fort longtemps, d'ici quelques jours ou heures. Ce qui fait que je n'aurais pas le loisir de faire plus de modifications.

Juste pour l'instant placer les 2 fichiers du dossier.zip dans votre dossier rof/data/luascripts/ai

Merci

Attached Files

• Attached File  sop.zip   2.64KB   67 downloads

#65 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 12 October 2010 - 21:32

Bonjour,

Sorry i can't translate :)

pour raison personnelle je n'ai plus accès au jeu, aussi je doit modifier les fichiers sans pouvoir vérifier ce que ça donne. ainsi je vais me contenter de faire de très légère modifications. Ma première idée est de faire penser aux IA du Pup et Triplan qu'il serais risqué pour leur structure de commencer un piqué alors qu'ils sont a une vitesse déjà élevée. Ce qui devrait les inciter a virer en gardant leur altitude.

Je place quelques limites sur les novices et moyen niveau d'AI afin que peut être ils paraissent candides et fassent quelques erreurs de pilotages.

Si cela s'avère concluant, peut être quelqu'un auras la gentillesse de compiler cela avec la version V5.1 pour faire une archive V6 ?

Pour ma part, je serais en incapacité de me connecter sur internet durant fort longtemps, d'ici quelques jours ou heures. Ce qui fait que je n'aurais pas le loisir de faire plus de modifications.

Juste pour l'instant placer les 2 fichiers du dossier.zip dans votre dossier rof/data/luascripts/ai

Merci

Trying a quick translate of Crickey's post:

"Due to a computer issue, i will not be able to connect the web for few days, and can't try myself the changes i made for Pup an Tripe…
I think they should try to keep altitude, and kept the novice and medium skills for their inferior skills.
If the changes are satisfying after your tests, maybe someone could add the mod underneath to the global one, and name it V6?
Anyway, for the moment, i can't make any further change.
Just unzip it into your ROF/data/luascript/ai folder and try it mods on."

@ VIPER: copy and past the DR1 luascript for the Triplan isn't good.
I tried it myslef, and result isn't very satisfying…

#66 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 13 October 2010 - 00:00

After some QMB tests, your addon for Pup seems very good, and i will keep it ;)
Dogfights 5vs5 are keeping altitude now, and Pups are still very agile…

I won't say the same for Triplan in your addon though.
Not big difference with mods off, except they are easier to shoot down :(
I think they lost their defensive/escape/agility attitude…
Still some work to tune them up! (when you hopefully recover your computer)
I will not keep the "caeroplane_soptriplane" in my luascript folder for the moment.

For those interested, you can select only the "caeroplane" file you want, in Criquet's attachement ;)

#67 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 13 October 2010 - 00:24

I tell you what, I copied the sopcamel ai mod and renamed it soppup and those little bastards are viscious. I dont know what would be a good sub for the tripe. Try different types of planes Fifi. I am going to try the camel as a sub for the triplane.

#68 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 13 October 2010 - 00:26

I also will try the fokkerd8s AI routine and name it soptriplane.

#69 Criquet

Criquet

Posted 13 October 2010 - 23:45

quelques retouches sur le triplan
je laisse le Pup comme a l'essai précédent.

Toujours pareils, si cela est ok, pourriez vous avoir l'amabilité de recompiler un mod V6 pour que les joueurs qui n'ont pas tout suivit depuis le départ puissent l'installer facilement ?

merci

en fait je décroche plusieurs mois, j'espère que quelqu'un pourras continuer le mod AI avec les avions qui sortirons a l'avenir.

ps : copier les données d'un avion a un autres pourrait fonctionner mais ce serais un coup de chance.

Attached Files

• Attached File  sop2.rar   2.46KB   62 downloads

#70 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:02

en fait je décroche plusieurs mois, j'espère que quelqu'un pourras continuer le mod AI avec les avions qui sortirons a l'avenir.

J'espere qu'il ne t'es rien arrivé de trop grave? :o
Je vais essayer de compiler tout ça, apres essai de ta modif de triplan, et l'integrer aussi, si satisfaisante.
Je posterais tout içi en tant que version V6 ;)

I hope you didn't run into big troubles?
I will try to compile all that, after testing your Triplane modif, and integrate it also, if good enough.
I'll post it all here as a V6 version.

#71 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 14 October 2010 - 04:42

OK gents, new Triplane and Pup avalaible here, with the all pack up to date Version 6:

Attached File  Mod AI V6.zip   32.62KB   1433 downloads

Unzip and put the "ai" folder and "worldobjects" folder in your ROF/data/luascripts folder

I recommand this one instead of Crickey's "Sop2.rar", cause of a little mistake he made in the Triplan file (called "Sop Pup" instead of "Sop Triplane" so i don't think the file was recognised by game)

NOTE: this mod is to be used (as Crickey said) with created missions (SP or MP), or QMB but at least with different skill levels involved together for best enjoyment.

QMB 1 vs 1 isn't representative of the mod, and original ROF AIs may be better for 1 vs 1.
Best is to set 5 vs 5 or more, with skill level on random (with the "?")
Enjoy ;)

#72 NickM

NickM

Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:45

Merci!

#73 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 14 October 2010 - 13:42

Will this one overwrite the other or should we just delete the two folders?

#74 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 14 October 2010 - 21:23

Will this one overwrite the other or should we just delete the two folders?

This one should overwrite all previews ones ;)
Just copy/paste and accept for replacing old one.

#75 BigDuke66

BigDuke66

Posted 14 October 2010 - 23:55

So when will we see those improvements in the vanilla AI?

#76 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:27

So when will we see those improvements in the vanilla AI?

:? …meaning in mods off?…if yes, it's up to 777 :D

#77 BigDuke66

BigDuke66

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:57

Sure without mods, simply bombard them with it, if you have to just use one of the G-Types I'm sure 777 will lend there prototype for a test ride. :D

#78 von_Heimler

von_Heimler
  • LocationChilliwack, BC Canada

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:01

Good thing I use Jonesoft's Game Mod Enabler for mods, I just pop the old one out and the new one in.

Note: folders must be made JSGME friendly for this to work, which I've already taken care of.

If anyone is familiar with JSGME and and how it works PM me if you would like this mod in this format.

Cheers,

Signature_zpsy2runyft.jpg

"Become an Ace by mastering your aircraft!"

#79 Criquet

Criquet

Posted 15 October 2010 - 20:55

I recommand this one instead of Crickey's "Sop2.rar", cause of a little mistake he made in the Triplan file (called "Sop Pup" instead of "Sop Triplane" so i don't think the file was recognised by game)

c'est quoi l'erreur, stp ? je pourrais peut-être corriger (avant lundi)

J'espere qu'il ne t'es rien arrivé de trop grave?
non, pas d'inquiétude, merci ;) mais je cherche n'importe quel travail en dehors du territoire de la métropole ;)

#80 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 15 October 2010 - 21:57

Il semble que tu avais laissé le fichier du Sop Triplane sous le nom du Sop Pup (à l'interieur). Aussi je ne suis pas sur que le jeu le reconnaisse en tant que Sop Triplane…
D'ailleurs apres changement il m'a franchement semblé que le Triplane allait beaucoup mieux…comme tu l'aurais voulu au départ ;)

Si tu cherche du boulot ailleurs qu'en metropole, essaye en Caledonie!
Ici c'est le plein emploi pour les gens competents…du boulot à foison, surtout tout ce qui touche le batiment 8-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users